[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not even Megas were this cancer. Only a few are too good while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: fairy_type_confirmed.png (97 KB, 530x292) Image search: [Google]
fairy_type_confirmed.png
97 KB, 530x292
Not even Megas were this cancer. Only a few are too good while the most ended up being balanced overall. This type fucked the whole type chart ass apart, it's pretty much a great defensive and offensive type at the same point while it's users can boost their offense or already are too strong, while having the right coverage to deal with their checks and counters.

I can't express how disappointed I am in this gen.
>>
>>24916670
They should have made Grass resist or be immune to Fairy imo.
>>
>inb4 still mad lel xD
>>
File: 1440388355714.png (92 KB, 633x863) Image search: [Google]
1440388355714.png
92 KB, 633x863
>>24916670
>resists bug
>>
All the other type weaknesses/advantages intuitively make sense but Fairy is le epic balancing that I can never remember without looking up and it makes me so fucking mad
>>
>>24916670
Yeah. Exactly. This is why Granbull, Florges, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Wigglytuff, Mr Mime, regular Mawile, Mega Audino, Whimsicott, Dedenne, Carbink, regular Diancie are all so fucking great!

>being this much of a meme
>>
File: es hada.jpg (57 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
es hada.jpg
57 KB, 480x480
>>24916670
>2016 literally in one day
>still mad about fairies
top fucking kek
>>
File: statler and wardolf.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
statler and wardolf.jpg
92 KB, 1920x1080
>>24916670
>Not even Megas were this cancer.
Of course not, they were even worse!
>>
File: Toxic_Spikes_field.png (397 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Toxic_Spikes_field.png
397 KB, 800x450
>>24916670
Just spray some poison on them.
>>
>>24916737

ebin.
>>
File: stopposting.png (32 KB, 663x492) Image search: [Google]
stopposting.png
32 KB, 663x492
>>24916670
>over 2.5 years since the type is reveled, over 2 years since it was active
>people are still buttblasted

I missed this meme. :^)
>>
>>24916774
>shit ideas with shit execution get better with time!
>>
Don't you know anon? Pokemon has blatant type favoritism all around!

For example, Water.
>>
>Weakness is Steel and Poison, some of the least common offensive types
>Resists bug for no reason

Gamefreak...
>>
>>24916826
It's almost like they made it weak to the least common types to make those types more common!!!
>>
>>24916670
Steel is still worse

God fuck, no one asked for a type that resists over half the type chart. NO ONE wanted that. Uncalled for. Unwanted. Fuck off gayfreak.
>>
File: smug UOL.jpg (169 KB, 653x495) Image search: [Google]
smug UOL.jpg
169 KB, 653x495
>>24916670

Get fucked you salty faggot.

Fairies are here to stay and there's literally nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>24916853
Too bad almost every single Water type can learn Ice Beam or Ice Fang/Punch. Grass can't ever catch a break.
>>
>>24916873

Can't take people who post that stupid goat seriously.
>>
>>24916670
>This type fucked the whole type chart ass apart,
You fucking what?
>>24916687
In order to have the right to shitpost ironically you have to at least learn how to speak human fluently
>>
>>24916873

except I can do something about it: by not buying this shit anymore.
>>
>>24916670

If fairies were so cancerous, then every fairy type would be OU instead of Fairy Megas, Sylveon (which is teetering over the edge because people want to use Garevoir, but not take up a mega slot), Klefki and Azumarril/Clefable which were borderline OU but just needed the extra push.
>>
>>24916670

Fairy is not broken.

The problem is the lack of good Poison-types.

Steel types were already good, but Game Freak failed to give Poison-types any meaningful buffs to justify using them.
>>
>>24916670
Are people who hate fairies the ones who keep losing to them? I don't use fairies but one poison attack usually takes care of them. That is if they are pure fairy. Anything else goes down even faster.
>>
>>24917117
>Fairy is not broken.
>The problem is the lack of good Poison-types.
This
>>
>>24916699
I wish it resisted ghost too because ghost is like how dragon was; only resisted by one type.
>>
How did people react when Steel-types were announced?

I remember being disappointed at Dark-types because I wanted Dark pokemon like in the card games. Pokemon corrupted and mistreated by team rocket was one of the coolest things for me back then. Dark-types was so a waste of potential.
>>
>>24917117
I wonder how hard Xern would fall if a Poison legendary was introduced.
>>
>>24916729
>half the bug types are or know poison moves
>>
>>24916729
If they wanted to do that, they would make psychic resist poison and fae resist ghost
>>
>>24917117
That's not the big problem though. It's the fact that Fairy being weak to both steel and poison meant there was no reason to pack a poison type, when you could use a steel type for the same reason. It's been this way forever
>I need a defensive typing
>Hey, Poison here with resistances to bug, gras-
>HEY HERE'S STEEL WITH LIKE 11 RESISTANCES INCLUDING BUG AND GRASS
>I need something that can bait out ground attacks for doubles
>Well poison can d-
>WHY NOT A STEEL TYPE?
>I need something that can't be poisoned
>Us poison types can d-
>STEEL HERE, WHAT'S TOXIC?
>I need something that can kill fairies
>Well us poisons just got-
>DID SOMEONE SAY STEEL TYPE?
>>
>>24917214
Power herb Xerneas is all I see when I watch uber matches. Without it, how good can it be?
>>
Pixilate makes it infinitely worse.
I'd nerf it making it so it's weak to bug, weak to grass, make ice resist it and and it's no longer SE vs Dark.
Either that or gut Pixilate.
>>
>>24917242
Not to mention most viable poison types are special attackers and Fairies tend to be specially bulky.
Also Gardevoir shits on poison types too so yeah.
>>
>>24917242
It's not just that, the problem is they rarely make a poison-type that reaches over 500 BST, and no non-mega poiso-typer has 600 BST or more

It's like they feel poison-types should always be low-tier
>>
>>24917318
Dark should just be SE against it too. Being weak to grass would make zero sense
>>
>>24917318
Make it and Normal weak against each other.

Y'know, because reality versus fantasy.
>>
Steel is a meme.

>best defensive type that's supposed to be the worst offensive type
>nothing is immune to it
>only four things resist it
>now one of only two types that hits the new fairies super effectively
>the other is the actual worst offensive type

Nerf steel. Now.
Make electric immune to it. Give grass a resist to it. Give bug a resist to it. Give ghost a resist to it. Give dark a resist to it. There, now it has a crippling immunity like poison does and all 7 things resist it like bug. Now its justified to have those defensive properties.
>>
>>24917497
something should be done to differentiate ghost and dark offensively,lets make ghost good against steel and dark against fairies.
>>
>>24917525
Ghost and Dark should be nerfed, not boosted

>>24917497
Steel shouldn't resist Grass, and should be resisted by Ice instead of being super-effective
>>
>>24917525
Keep ghost as it is. It doesn't need any buffs. With 1 immunity, 1 resist, and 1 SE, everything else being neutral, it's Gen 4 Dragon type. Give them a ghost type outrage and it would break the game.

Dark offensively is different from Ghost because of the move variety. A dark move has added effects like Sucker Punch and Knock Off.
>>
>>24917545
Dark has it bad enough being weak to 2 of the strongesy types and pretty much everything has a ghost move for some reason. Shadow ball was a mistake
>>
>>24916670
>mfw dragonfaggots are this delusional
>>
You know what would balance stuff a lot? If there was a type immune to fire (and consequently to burns)

The only type that makes sense is rock, though, which is still weak to scald, so there would still be the same problem
>>
>>24917568
1immunity,2 resist,2SE actually
>>
>>24917497
Lore wise, steel should be super effective Vs. Ghost, you know?, Silver and Iron kills supernatural things in many tales?
>>
>>24917581
new type time.
Crystal/Glass type
Immune to fire, water, electric and grass.
Weak to fighting, ice, dragon, ground, steel, flying, normal and rock.
Resists fairy, psychic, dark and ghost.

In exchange for a fuckton of resists/immunities its weak to everyones coverage.
>>
>>24917593
1 resist only, Dark
>>
>>24917603
I always think of ghosts possessing weapons/armor when I see that matchup
>>
>ghost resists poison and bug
For what purpose
>>
>>24916726
Low Base Stats.
But Fairy is the only reason Azumarill and Clefairy rose to top OU along with Hyper Voice spamming Gardevoir and (not so good) Sylveon. Even Granbull and Whimsicott rose one tier.
>>
>>24917607
I don't know why I thought bug resisted it. now with the steel resist gone maybe it should though
>>
>>24917603
Silver kills werewolves and sometimes the un-dead which are not ghosts. If you mean iron swords or other steel weapons, they usually only work on spirits and supernatural when they have magic. Magic is closer to fairy than anything else.
>>
>>24917604
>Crystal/Glass type
>Immune to fire
You do know fire melts glass right?
>water
You do know that water erodes glass right?
>>
>>24917647
fire melts rocks too faggot
>>
>>24917633
Steel vs. Ghost still makes way more sense than some official matchups.
>Breaking steel plates with only your hands
>Malaria vs. Black people
>>
>>24916670
What about this :

>Steel are now weak against Electric
>Fairy is now weak against Dark
>Clefable and M-Waifu are more manageable
>Your average fairy now fears Knock-Off
>>
>>24917689
Fairy was given the dark resist because the knock off buff, get rid off that stupid shit and maybe you might be onto something.
>>
File: 1446858804332.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1446858804332.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>24916873
>and there's literally nothing you can do about it.
I can just stop playing Pokemon.
>>
File: 1437079572908.png (183 KB, 447x483) Image search: [Google]
1437079572908.png
183 KB, 447x483
>>24916846
>mfw I love steel types and run at least one on every single one of my teams
Even better running Mega-Aggron with heavy slam with all those weightless fairy types. OHKOs all around when you fuck with THE WALL.
>>
>>24916670
>most ended up being balanced overall
That was the fucking point.
>>
>>24916737
cesar go to sleep
>>
>>24917191
>Psychic
>>
>>24917617
You can't poison the undead dude don't you know d&d rules? ghosts should also be immune to crits :^)
>>
Only change I would make is fairy should be weak to fire.
>>
>>24916670
I want fairies to be not very effective against ghosts so ghost/dark types have no weaknesses again.
>>
>Psychic is now a completely useless type
Gamefreak, we know you're sorry for gen 1. You don't have to keep apologizing.
>>
>>24917647
And it vaporizes water. D'oh
>>
>>24919056
Yes they fucking do. They haven't fixed their most egregious gen 1 error, an error that has persisted through five fucking generations, only being slightly ameliorated in gen 5.

WHY

ARE BUGS

STILL BAD?

WHY DO YOU KEEP HURTING THEM? THIS FUCKING GEN WAS THE WORST BETWEEN LE EBIN PINK BLOBS OF POINTLESS RESISTS AND BRAVEST FUCKING GODDAMN PIECE OF SHIT "I INVALIDATE EVERY SINGLE NOT-SCIZOR BUG IN THE META" BIRD
>>
>>24919056
Make Psychic resist Fairy. Distribute Psycho Boost. All Psychic-type attacks get 10+ boost in base power. Psychic is immune to the confusion status.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.