[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ingame decision making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1450274755365.gif (546 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1450274755365.gif
546 KB, 255x255
When will they add a mechanic that lets the player make story-impacting decisions in the playtrough, as they did with several years other games like BO2 or Mass Effect? Do you think that would be a good idea?

>inb4 next games already have that
>>
no.
>>
>>24915878
>Do you think that would be a good idea?

No. Not every series needs to have every feature.
>>
>>24915878
Not every game needs a system for branching storylines. The draw for Pokemon games are the monsters and the combat, so all it needs is an accompanying plot and region.
>>
The only decision I want is which girl to marry
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 540x304
Never because mainline Pokémon game are garbage
>>
>>24915898
I play it for the story and the characters,
>>
Branching paths is just a way to give an artifical sense of replayability. Most of these games have the same ending for all paths anyways, so there is no point.

And besides, why would they want to promote starting a new game just to see some different story elements? The game is about making a bond with your pokemon, that idea is thrown out the window if they want players to unlock all endings or something
>>
>>24916273
This,

Games survive with one of two methods: Either supply plenty of replayability, or have a never-ending endgame.

Pokemon chose the later, therefore doesn't need to enhance replayability by adding details such as decisions and what not.
>>
>no more version exclusives (no more versions)
>instead exclusives are decided in game based on decisions you make in the story
>>
>>24915898
>The draw for Pokemon games are the monsters and the combat
>combat
>>
>>24916273
>why would they want to promote starting a new game just to see some different story elements?
Theoretically, they already did it with Ruby/Sapphire and ORAS (two entirely different teams with different dialogues and personalities), and XY (some plot points change).
Yeah, you can't choose it and is dependable of the game, but is kinda similar.
>>
When they start caring about the storyline, which only sort of happened in Gen 5. And I'm sure they dont want to lose their fanbase so never.
>>
>>24918335
>The fanbase hates stories!

Why do people keep assuming this? The PMD series has one of the better stories in the franchise, and it's still a quite linear game without going full 'edge' on plot.
>>
>>24919433
And nobody plays it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.