[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting back into the pokemans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 39438.jpg (268 KB, 550x661) Image search: [Google]
39438.jpg
268 KB, 550x661
I stopped played pokemon back when Emerald, because after that I got a psp and then stopped playing videogames for a few years. This thread is for discussion of the DS games. I want to get into it but don't know which are the best. Was thinking of playing SoulSilver first, what say you? Also did you guys ever finished that pokemon game you guys were making?
>>
It's this thread again. Those opinions will be posted again.

I like it when things stay the same.
>>
>>24915799
Sorry, similar threads get made a lot? Sorry if it seems like I'm shitposting. I'm genuinely interested in what I asked.
>>
>>24915784
Soul Silver is awesome, you can't go wrong starting back with that then moving onto Platinum, then BW/BW2 (the same region, but with a couple different gyms. Play both if you want the full story. I personally think you can skip BW and be fine).
>>
>>24915784
I'd recommend playing all those games (except obviously play Platinum and not DP, DP are terrible but Platinum fixes a ton of shit). Soul Silver seems like a good start, either that or Platinum first, then after you've played those two or if you decided to just play one, play BW1 and then BW2.

>did you guys ever finished that pokemon game you guys were making?

Every attempt is dead except Sage and Clover, which might each be finished years from now.
>>
>>24915875
huh, didn't know there were more. I remember a latino-ish inspired game.
>>
genwars thread inc

Just play XY. ORAS is a bit of a disappointment if you played and enjoyed Emerald. XY are good games. Lots of new features, 3D, etc. Just play it.
>>
>>24915919
>I can't tell why it's good (because I´m lying) but they're good I swear
>>
>>24915875
This guy's right. Do what he says.

>>24915919
This guy too.
Don't write off XY, it gets a lot of shit around here, but they're honestly a lot of fun while they last. Unfortunately, that's not very long.
ORAS were HUGE disappointments, so much wasted potential it makes the BW anime look like an appropriate progression.

>>24915938
Fuck off, the main story is a blast.
>>
>>24915949
Read a book
>>
>>24915957
Wanna elaborate a little further on that, teach?
>>
>>24915784
If you find yourself getting bored, do what I did and go backwards from BW2.
>>
>>24915919
>>24915949
XY is too easy (even by Pokémon's standards) and the rivals ruin any good the story has. You shouldn't even be recommending them if they were good since Z will likely be out soon.
>>
>>24915875
Listen to this anon. You can't go wrong with any of them outside of the original releases of Diamond/Pearl due to really bad design choices and oversights that are corrected in Platinum.

HGSS is a good choice as well, at least if you've played GSC before but it doesn't fix some issues of the old games like having a janky difficulty curve.

So either Platinum, HG/SS, or BW1 -> BW2. BW2 is the funner of the Gen 5 games but there's a lot of things BW1 has going for it too like having an actual story besides being a badge collect-a-thon and the embargo on catching any mons from previous games until after the main story is complete. BW1 is best as a blind playthrough because of this.

And if you want to move onto the 3DS games like >>24915919 suggests, play XY. There's things that are arguably wrong with it but there are truly no "bad" Pokemon games, just a lot of questionable design decisions depending on your perspective.

Similarly, ORAS is good too but it can be rather underwhelming especially coming from Emerald.
>>
>>24916088
Show the Z announcement and we will recommend waiting.
Until then, XY is a lot of fun especially the first play through. I quit after trying to play gen 5 and I came back because of XY.
>>
File: perfect zygarde.jpg (35 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
perfect zygarde.jpg
35 KB, 578x327
>>24916118
>Show the Z announcement and we will recommend waiting.

Why do you need an official announcement? Zygarde has confirmed new formes, the Ashnime's new season is XY&Z, etc., they clearly aren't moving ahead to Gen 7 just yet. You're recommending he buy an inferior version of a game that'll likely come out next year given all the signs toward it.

And in the off-chance that they do for some reason not make Z, the worst that happens is he waited a couple years before playing what is in my opinion one of the weakest entries of the series. I liked Gen 5 but do not like Gen 6 so far.
>>
>>24915784
Soul Silver is pretty great. I never played Platinum, but I've heard good things also.

I recently played through BW and it was alright. I didn't feel like the towns were very memorable, but it did feel pretty comfy. They do some pretty interesting stuff with the Pokemon League also.
>>
>>24916118
>especially the first play through
Preach. Shit was so hype back in 2013.
For ten months, this place got significantly less cancerous.
>>
File: image.png (364 KB, 564x672) Image search: [Google]
image.png
364 KB, 564x672
>It's been 3 years since the last Pokemon game
>>
>>24915984
It´s exactly as it says. Can´t get any clearer than that.
>>
>>24916160
Gen 5 is the weakest of the series.
Gen 6 is the savior of the series.
Yes. I want an official announcement. Until then, XY is worth $35.
>>
>>24916526
>Gen 6 is the savior of the series
>no difficulty
>more handholding than ever
>zero postgame whatsoever

I'm going to call you a ruseman, there's no way you can be anything else.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.