[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Competive and Team Thread General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 20
File: 1442318911124.jpg (42 KB, 329x336) Image search: [Google]
1442318911124.jpg
42 KB, 329x336
>Post your teams for battle spot or your smogon teams
>post your VGC 2016 team.
>Help other anons like myself build good teams.
>Rate teams
>>
This is doing pretty well.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Overheat
- Eruption

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Last two aren't in a nice form since I'm not at a computer.

Smeargle
Timid @ Focus Sash
252 Speed 252 HP 4 Attack
Dark Void
Follow Me
Fake Out
Transform

I was using Amoogus, but it wasn't covering enough bases and I didn't need the typing.

Ferrothorn
I forget nature @ Rocky Helmet
I dunno what to do here
Worry Seed (Shuts down Primal Weathers)
Spore
Gyro Ball
Thunder Wave

Not sure about Mega Mence, but I refuse to use Mega Khan.
>>
>>24913174
Xerneas' moveset isn't the best, especially Focus Miss; you really need Dazzling Gleam, and at +2 Moonblast does an amazing amount of damage even if the Pokemon resist it, so you don't actually need that much coverage. Salamence is a great mega, but in this meta you don't want to run a physical DDance version; tun Timid with Hyper Voice, Draco Meteor, Protect and a coverage or support move. Also, Scrafty is really bad, you might want to change it to something else like Cresselia to help you with the primal wars, that way you won't be forced to use Worry Seed in Ferrothorn, and speaking of which, it doesn't get Spore and you need Power Whip to 2HKO Kyogres.
>>
File: doubles.jpg (234 KB, 1285x476) Image search: [Google]
doubles.jpg
234 KB, 1285x476
I haven't really played pokemon for months, got into a bunch of other stuff and just kind of stopped. Been using this doubles team again, it was the last one I had set up. It's not doing bad at all, choice band crawdaunt just tears through everything. I consistently OHKO sylveons
>>
Which mega is the best partner for Talonflame? singles, 3v3 battle spot or 6v6 wifi and 6v6 smogon
>>
>>24915182
typing-wise I'd imagine Mega Swampert would be a great partner. Not the best mega overall though
>>
>>24913174
Why thunderbolt on xerneas? Of youre trying to kill kyogre use thunder

Why run eruption on pdon?

I personally would run double edge on mence. Dclaw hits nothing. Try something like Fire Blast.

That scrafty is disgusting. Rock Slide hits nothing and it's one shotted by the primals and any mega worth its salt

Smeargles aight, not sure why you run it over Amoonguss though. This team loses pretty badly to pogre

Weird ferro set. What are you trying to achieve other than maybe stopping some weather?
>>
Can anyone give me a good team built around metagross. Whenever i make my own i get shat on.
>>
which moveset should I use on Xerneas ? I've been using Geomancy/Moonblast/Protect/HPGround

Using HP ground sounds like a waste since I already have PDon Precipice Blades, should I go with Thunder ?

Also I've been using Gastrodon to check Any possible water advantage the opponent has on me and earth power to PDon, should I change him ?
>>
>>24917921
Special Groudon is actually one of the most popular sets because it's really good in Tailwind/Trick Room since Eruption hits like a fucking truck.

>>24919271
Ditch HP Ground and change it to Dazzling Gleam, you'll be 2HKOing most things with Moonblast at +2 anyway, and Dazzling Gleam is just amazing for cleaning up the field.
>>
I have a Xerneas and a mega mewtwo Y so far, I cant think of any more pokemon. any advice bros?
>>
File: saved.jpg (100 KB, 1146x429) Image search: [Google]
saved.jpg
100 KB, 1146x429
My smogon moveset team, except I chose the mons I liked. never played pvp before, only single player, any tips?
>>
So, Pdon next to a gravity user seems like a decent gimmick for getting off guaranteed recipe blades. Sableye seems like a solid mon for this, are there any other contenders?
>>
>>24922288
The muk set looks great
the sawk set works as a dedicated sweeper, as you won't be able to switch into most things
While that is the go-to set for kilnklang, i'd replace it and audino entirely because they rarely can get going, but if you really want to use it, both sets are decent
Mismaguis is too frail to toxc/will-o-wisp nasty plot AND hex, but as a status pivot againt normal and fighting types, it should be fun
I might suggest a specs set because of it's great speed and movepool
Cradily would probably be better suited for a stall team
>>
File: 1450499406825.jpg (91 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
1450499406825.jpg
91 KB, 720x544
Avalugg for OU now

THE LUGG (Avalugg) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Avalanche
- Recover
- Gyro Ball

SUBSTITUTE GYRO BALL WITH RAPID SPIN IF YOU LIKE. MAYBE THROW ON A WEAKNESS POLICY TOO. THIS SHIT KILLS.
>>
So I took a break from VGC for a few months, getting in touch with the new meta. So Xerneas and PGroudon are the hottest things right now?
>>
File: vgc.jpg (112 KB, 571x812) Image search: [Google]
vgc.jpg
112 KB, 571x812
Me and some friends are doing a vgc 2015, 2015, tournament tommorrow and here is my team. Im a bit of a novice at vgc, I'm going for double option speed control (rain mode, taiwind) and the perish trap team. Zapdos keeps losing 1 on 1 with thundurus :(
>>
>>24927859
even with tailwind, Machamp wont outspeed too much. Be doubly careful about MGengar offensively with many Sucker Punchers around.
>>
>>24927859
Replace Zapdos with thundurus, and give whimsicott tailwind and fake tears.
>>
So i've been having fun with this team in doubles but i have the hardest time with fast rock sliders.

Dnight helps to an extent, but most sliders also run earthquake meaning my 2 elextric types ae less than helpful and gyrados has to choose between mega evolving for no rock weakness or ground immunity.

i was thinking a fighting type but this team has such mad synergy it hurts to let any of them go
>>
File: Pikablue.png (205 KB, 1302x489) Image search: [Google]
Pikablue.png
205 KB, 1302x489
>>24929241
i am a faggot for not posting pic
>>
File: 1446787479548.jpg (47 KB, 657x600) Image search: [Google]
1446787479548.jpg
47 KB, 657x600
>>24929244
>1 pokemon with protect
>>
>>24929305
i can only really see giving protect to gyrados.or raichu
>giving protect to a belly drummer
>giving protect to a choice specs user

this isnt some team where i stall out for poison or burn damage. double encore really throws people off when they want to setup and the paralysis helps tons with my slow-but not quite sluggish- bulky mons

perhaps toge can drop encore for tailwind, gyrados drops crunch and twave for quake and protect, and go for a pysical dnight with ice punch dragon claw roost and prot
>>
>>24929244
>>24929358
scrap Gyarados' Twave for protect, change Magnezone to something else, something preferably with Fake Out or get a different Pokemon with TWave, soemthing like Thundy or Liepard. Raichu's FO with a priority TWave will help you control the field, helping you with your rock slide problem against non-ground types. For ground types, use your mega.
>>
R8 please
>>
>>24929408
I tried RP Thundy before. It's fun, but by no means going to win you 100% of games. That in mind, I see you opted for utility with TWave and Taunt, but will TBolt as his only attack be enough?
>>
>>24929422
I think it gets the job done with thunderbolt, i'm even considering putting protect instead of Twave since i'm not using it at all and im having problems with opposing fake out and prankster
Also Kangaskhan's EVs are incorrect kek
>>
twitch. libertygarden

PC being streamed right now. Our boy Angel was just beaten by VGC waifu ryuzaki.
>>
>>24931597

Our supreme waifu is also playing right now!
>>
Say there's a PGroudon and a PKyogre on the field. If Desolate Land is active and PGroudon goes down. Does that mean Primordial Sea will proct up again?
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 903x1027) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 903x1027
>2015+1
>Not using Priority Cotton Spore instead of tailwind
>>
File: 1449520928370.gif (1 MB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1449520928370.gif
1 MB, 500x350
>>24931629
>2017-1
>not using trick room
>>
File: vgc2.jpg (94 KB, 487x728) Image search: [Google]
vgc2.jpg
94 KB, 487x728
>>24928423
You are right, I'm thinking Tailwind is kinda pointless in general, literally only Machamp can benefit, and even then like you said he will still be outsped.
>>24928433
Zapdos amongst my friends is known to be my signature mon but I think you are right, maybe I should remove it. If I add Thundurus though Wont that make whimsicott less useful? Here is what I'm thinking instead

Tournament is in like 2 hours Ill probably go with this if no one reply's
>>
>>24931771
Thundy is missing a nature
>>
>>24913174
>using basically no protect
>using focus blast and thunderbolt on Xerneas instead of dazzling gleam
lol ok
>>
So where is everybody getting thier pergect legends from? Ever since the youtube patch I can't acess pokehex, wondering if anyone else is the same
>>
Is this what happened to VGCgen?
>>
Can anyone recommend me any good teams for the Emerald Battle Frontier and all the hax and bullshit that comes with it?
>>
>>24935919
The gimmick is to cripple their lead, boost and sweep.

Example:
Latias@choice scarf
-trick
-thunder wave
-flash
-charm

Once you scarf em, paralyze and flash/charm them to uselessness, switch to:

Gyarados@ lum berry
-dragon dance
-earthquake
-waterfall
-coverage

Any dancer works, boost to 4x then sweep. Accupressure works too, but takes forever.
>>
>>24933955
Browserhax is working again in the newest firmware.
>>
>>24936873

Lati@s has shit IVs in Gen III and Choice Scarf doesn't exist yet, though. Neither does Trick (since it's a lvl-up or bred move only, no tutors yet)
>>
>>24935919
messed around with frontier on emulator several months ago, final team was:

Latios (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rest

pretty much picked these 3 every time, latios always led because it took on entire teams on its own
other good mons you can use are CB slaking, blissey, DDtar, 3 attack/dbond gengar, CB or DDmence, swampert, starmie, curselax, etc
all mons I had were hacked btw, if you're gonna do this the legit way then good fucking luck
>>
>>24937043

Well Suicune will be a bitch because the only game you can get that from where it doesn't suffer from the roamer IV glitch/5x 0 IV + 0-7Spe is Colosseum.
>>
A doubles team for a no legendary meta at my school.

I am pretty happy with it besides Aegislash's EV spread. Just kinda made it up.
>>
>>24937564
max satk, aegislash survives nearly everything with only max hp
>>
Just got back from the 1st vgc tourney of the season from my area today. 4 swiss rounds, top cut of 4, made 2/2 record and not tc. I'll upload a few battles I saved for reference.
>>
Does anybody here pay attention to the GBA tournament going on right now?

Who are you cheering for?
>>
>>24939141
Here we go.
VPNW-WWWW-WW3B-JC65
This first match really shows that Smeargle is as dangerous as ever, Dark Void Scarf has gone nowhere, be prepared for it. I mess up because I mistakenly hit Zen Headbutt over Iron Head turn 1 or 2, so heads up.
WNGW-WWWW-WW3B-JC8W
I'd like to note here that My Thundy is timid, I think 180spA, and could 2HKO your average Kyogre.
56MW-WWWW-WW3B-JCH2
Funnily enough, these two opponents were sisters, the latter being the older one, and they had very similar teams.
The final round I didn't record because I played rather bad, played into some protects, and got fully paralyzed a few turns.
One thing I took frm this tourney was that you almost NEVER want to lead with your primal if the opponent has the opposite one themselves. Doesn't matter who's slower if you can shut down the opposition. Kyogre is of course at a disadvantage here, as Precipice Blades cannot be stopped by Primordial Sea, whereas Origin Pulse can be stopped by Desolate Wasteland. Regardless, if you can counter (or use) your opponents weather against them, you have a strong advantage this meta.
Team, moves, and spreads available upon request. Made pretty last minute and with little preparation.
>>
Does anyone know a good set for mixed Giratina-O in VGC? Thinking something like this

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 44 HP / 156 Atk / 164 Def / 4 SpA / 140 SpD
Brave Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Force
- Tailwind / Shadow Sneak
- Protect

The defensive EVs are someone else's but I like them because they survive a lot of relevant dragon STABs, unboosted Xerneas attacks etc. Tailwind with a -spe nature looks kind of wack to me but it does hit 198 speed with Tailwind which is enough to outspeed Mega-Mence and other things.

Is this decent or am I way off?
>>
Idea using the following
http://pastebin.com/t5d2qXjx
Have leads 1 and 2.
1st turn, 1-Geomancy, 2-Tailwind, get hit, send 3 out
2nd turn, 1 and 3 sweep
Fake Out WOULD mess up 2 as it would eject him, but there would be many who are wise to Crobat's Inner Focus. Still not safe to play off of though, could make one move U-Turn and take off the Eject Button.
>>
>>24939313
I actually talked to a decently experienced player today who was strongly considering using Giratina O. She told me about testing Shadow Force and liking it, but not much else.
150 is great HP, but 100 defenses, while normally not much to sneeze at, seem somewhat underwhelming for this current meta. Then again, I'm no good at making mixed sets, and this looks kinda cool to me. Shadow Force is fun, but does lock your choice, letting your opponent take advantage of the extra turn and move out of the way. Furthermore, a Pokemon that gains nothing, only reorders attack, special attack, defense, and special defense at the cost of an item seems pretty lame to me.
>>
Scizor @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Houndoom @ Houndoomite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot
- Destiny Bond

This is for Super Singles.
Can anyone recommend me a third team member?
I tried using a bulky Lanturn that did quite well but got completely swept by a scarfed Torterra when Scizor was half worn out.
I'm also considering moving Scizors Speed investment to HP, not sure if there are many threats below 117.
>>
>>24939966
Actually I think Quagsire and Seismitoad would be good choices with Water Absorb. They cover Electric as well as Water while being weak to neither Ground nor Rock.
Quagsire has recovery and better physical bulk but no special offensive presence, the only thing Seismitoad is better at. Quagsire seems the better choice.
So long, CPG.
>>
There are several things I hate to deal with in this game.
One is low accuracy moves.
Another is speed tieing. I intentionally set my pokemon's speed 1 point below max for some just to safely assume speeds if safe.
>>
Man these threads are dead.
>>
What's more common, focus sash or choice scarf on smeargle ?

>>24943557

vp as a whole is dead
>>
>>24943566
Sash
>>
>>24939313
you should give it a shot. Giratina-O can definitely give people a run for their money unless they're careful about it thanks to its typing and movepool.
>>
>>24943566
it's mixed, I mostly see scarf though. However global link from last season tells me it's sashed 70% of the time,
>>
>>24943566
Focus sash is generally the better option this metagame with average base speed having gone down a lot and giving you more options. I finished 2nd today at a PC with focus sash Smeargle, and in NA MajorBowman finished first doing the same. Thus far scarf Smeargle remains the worse option.
>>
>>24944137
I disagree. Because of lower base speeds, Smeargle can outspeed them with a scarf on, making it that much more useful.
>>
File: team.jpg (125 KB, 639x948) Image search: [Google]
team.jpg
125 KB, 639x948
r8/h8
>>
>>24944160
theorymonning is bad, anon
>>
>>24944964
Now hold on just a moment. I'm not Sash Smearlge is trash, not by a long shot. I'm merely saying the only pokemon who are running lower base speeds, Kyogre, Groudon, and a handful of other legends, will be outspeedable with the scarf. Now granted, you still have mega pokemon to be concerned over, as most of them will want to either run speed or naturally already have speed (Gengar, Salamence, Metagross to name a few), but +252spd scarfed Smeargle can outspeed even a MLopunny. The only thing that's stopping it is another scarfer or a priority move (especially Fake Out).
Now with focus sash, while you become a guaranteed 2hko, you are just as easily susceptible to priority moves. You can get Faked Out turn 1, flinch, and be slower than either of your opponents pokemon and get knocked out turn 2 before you can Dark Void or do anything like that. In addition, with as popular as Precipice Blade and Origin Pulse are, combined with the still common frequency of things like Rock Slide, the chances of you taking a 2nd hit are much more common.
Granted, scarf cannot take THAT much more than Sash, and Sash lets you freely Spiky Shield, but I think I would rather go for the more sure thing, especially since I could see a Fake Out or Extremespeed coming easier than the spread hit.
>>
File: .png (86 KB, 528x203) Image search: [Google]
.png
86 KB, 528x203
Now hold on.
Skill Swap Mega-Gallade

IMAGINE
Huge Power
Parental Bond
OTHER
>>
>>24913174
Xerneas doesn't really need that much speed. If it's completely uninvested, you still outspeed Mega Aerodactyl after a Geomancy. You'd much rather have a bit more punch to really hit those resistances/bulky Pokémon, or some bulk to make sure you stick around a bit longer. Dazzling Gleam is very nice, as you can often bring both opponents down to yellow in one hit. I prefer Grass Knot or Psychic as a coverage move, to hit primals or resistances respectively.
Groudon makes sense, but you will probably want Protect, probably over one of the fire moves. Personally I run Adamant with Precipice Blades, Rock Slide and Overheat, but I see the appeal in Stone Edge and Eruption
Salamence is fine. I'd be interested to see damage calcs though.
Scrafty seems fine, but in this meta Super Fang is an absolute godsend, and can be used with Assault Vest.
Smeargle can benefit a lot from King's Shield or Spiky Shield.
Your Ferrothorn is weird. Aside from no Spore, you really should run Power Whip to hit the Kyogre that you're going to be walling. Worry Seed seems like a good idea, but generally if it's a Kyogre you'd rather kill it and if it's a Groudon you're going to die before you can do anything.
>>
>>24944160
>Because of lower base speeds, Smeargle can outspeed them with a scarf on, making it that much more useful.
Scarf Smeargle outspeeds maximum investment base 130s. It outspeeding everything has nothing to do with the meta, and it being shit has always been true.
>>
File: gengar_3.gif (1 MB, 540x271) Image search: [Google]
gengar_3.gif
1 MB, 540x271
What are some good strategies for using Mega Gengar in doubles besides perish trap?
>>
I wanted to make a team with M-Venusaur as one of my core mons. Never had one before, what stuff does it struggle with beside birds and the occasional psychic user?
I need toxic to stop special walls from setting up on me. What partners synergise well with Venusaur?
>>
>>24949548
doubles? VGC, Battlespot, or Smogon?
>>
>>24949548

Something with Quick Guard/that draws Talonflame. Like Terrakion because it does both. Something like Bisharp and Aegislash also do well with it. Also Lando.
>>
>>24950158
Battlespot, sorry.
>>
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 728x1194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 728x1194
could someone calculate how much a earth power boosted by life orb/252 from a timid Landorus-I causes of damage in a 252 HP/0 SPD Primal Groudon ? I tried 3 times, first time it said guaranteed OHKO, second 75% of OHKO and the third 81%

I'm going crazy with this shit
>>
>>24950616
I'm seeing 81%.
Changing Lando to Modest makes it a guaranteed OHKO between 105-125%. I don't know what could make it the 75%. To me, this whole thing seems off, but if that's what the calculator says...
May I request source?
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 960x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 960x351
>>24950635

The 75% has 4 on SPD, yet it feels off
>>
>>24950835
Sorry I mean source on your previous pic.
>>
>>24950852

Oh

"She is Young" that's the name
>>
>>24948050
you can now use it to trap a primal and switch in your own.Winning weather wars. But that is more of a support role it now has alongside a primal of your own.
>>
Clear Smog is something I now certainly am going to run on Amoongus seeing as how Geomancy is a thing for Xerneas. As far as spreads go, what would you guys say I should try to defend against? Eruption from Primal Groudon is impossibly to take with even the most specially defensive Amoonguses btw.
>>
>>24951055

Even with Xerneas and the others, this year is still mainly physical so Guss, at least for me is just used to redirection and check Kang, unless you are using trick room he is useless again Groudon
>>
I want to have fun using a Mienshao Tornadus-T core, u-turning and regenerating, who'd be some good teammates for them?
>>
>Whimsicott uses grass whistle
>it works 2 times in a row
>checks accuracy
>55

I'm dropping competitive
>>
File: bibarel.jpg (5 KB, 173x161) Image search: [Google]
bibarel.jpg
5 KB, 173x161
>>24951572
pokemon is a lot more fun when you learn to accept in your heart that it is inherently based around RNG and always will be
>>
>>24951270
I was thinking the same thing. I'm right now writing down some checks/ things to be weary of. Right now, Amoongus at max SpD can only be a guaranteed 3hko to a Kyogre's Ice Beam with a Black Sludge.
>>24951572
I'm sorry mate, RNG truly is a bitch in this game. That same player will most likely miss the next 8 Grasswhistles and have the same frustration you are right now.
I myself am dealing with getting hit by every Dark Void that gets thrown at me. The chancs for all 4 of my pokemon to get hit by Dark Void are (7/10)^4=24% chance, which is about the same odds for 2/2 Grasswhistles.
>>
Anyone up for wi-fi battles under VGC16 rules? Want to test 1 or 2 teams and have no friends.
>>
>>24951796
I would, but I'm occupied at the moment. If you want later we can.
>>
>>24952028
Not sure how long I'll be online, it's pretty late here, but just hit me up then.
>>
File: 1380762815723.jpg (33 KB, 360x346) Image search: [Google]
1380762815723.jpg
33 KB, 360x346
>FB friend posts prereg for next month's regionals
>Doswell Va regional is less than an hour from me, actually closer than any PC I go to
>GF with me asks when is it
>I click it to find the date
>2/14
>MOTHERFUCKING VALENTINE'S DAY
>GF looks at me
FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>24954402
it's a normie filter, don't take it personally
>>
What's your record of cringe at VGC tourneys?
As a guy who attends a bunch of PC tournaments, I've seen a fair number of Autismos who go. Many are tame though. Even some grills who go. Every now and then you'll see that one cute girl who came on thier own volition. They kick my ass every time.
>>
someone knows a good team built around Pogre and Rayquaza ?

I haven't seen many on Smogon and only one on Nuggetbridge. Fug may not be the powerhouse he is in singles but he has a guaranteed OHKO against Groudon with life orb + Draco Meteor and with the right support and under strong wind can defeat Kyogre as well in 2 rounds

The only problem is Xerneas
>>
Gonna ask again, anyone up for a few Double battles under VGC16 rules? Got a Premier on saturday, really need to practice a bit ingame.

>>24956496
Most people over here (Germany) are pretty normal I guess, there are always a few really shy or anxious people though, and some autist hardcore fans who show up with half a dozen plushes, a Pokemon shirt etc. All in all it's alright.
>>
>>24956496
Then you must be really bad
>>
>>24957145
Rayquaza or M-Ray? Because don't use the mega in the ame team with any primal since it leaves them completely vulnerable.
As for Rayquaza, I think you have better options with White Kyurem, Dialga or even Giratina or Palkia. Dialga or Palkia would make a decent Trick Room team with Kyogre, and a scarfed W-Kyurem dishes out crazy damage. Dialga would also help against your Xerneas matchup, plus Geomancy-Xerneas doesn't do well in Trick Room anyway.
I just can't see the advantages of regular Rayquaza maybe apart from its speed, but with proper Tailwind-Icy Wind support or Trick Room nearly every other legendary dragon does a better job.
>>
>>24913013
>this isn't /cpg/
Everyone on /vp/ is a shit player with a few notable exceptions and they don't even run that thread any more.
>>
>>24957158

I can play with you but I must say I suck at least 70% of time

2294 6227 1437
>>
>>24957296
Cool, I added you.
And I haven't really tested my team outside of showdown yet so chances are I'm gonna suck too.
>>
>>24957338

Just invite when you get ready
>>
>>24957384
Apparently Im retarded. Give me a second please...
>>
>>24957420

Oh well at least I tried
>>
>>24957457
Your Groudon has 0 speed investment? That was kinda shocking, with Whimsicott and Geomancy Xerneas I was sure you would go the tailwind route.

I'm gonna reconsider the choice of Greninja though, not sure if it does the intented job of burning Kangs and taunting Xerneas.
>>
>>24957473

Yes, a brave Groudon with the intent of always get the favorable weather against Kyogre, if speed becomes a problem I would just psych up on Xerneas to get the geomancy boost

And my plan was exactly that, set tailwind and make enough damage with Xerneas but when I saw Cresselia I had to change that

If you are having any problem with Kang add amoonguss, rage powder and rocky helmet is usually the best answer
>>
>>24957520
I haven't really seen much Psych up yet, but it's a really interesting choice. I was torn between Greninja lead or Thundurus lead, both learn Taunt. I went with Greninja since Thundurus would be useless against Groudon, but after seeing Kang and Whim I was sure you were going to Fake out Greninja and breaking it's sash so it would die the following round in Trick Room anyway. In the end I wasted a switch and had to find back into the match with a now useless Greninja. Luckily I managed to play around your protects.

And I was thinking about Amoonguss, but since Im running special Groudon and my only physical attacker is Kang I'm thinking about either a 0 speed Bisharp, or a quick guard Talonflame. Trick Room spores are tempting though.
>>
I just came back after 2 year break and I have no idea what I am doing. Rate and suggest any changes to my UU Regenerator team:

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Scald

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play
- Energy Ball

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Ancient Power
- Energy Ball
- Reflect

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Wish
- Toxic
- Light Screen
>>
>>24922288
>not enough protect /10
>>
>>24951572
>55%
>55%
>110%

Its like you dont even math or something
>>
>>24957184
>girls can't play games meme
Cute
>>
Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Icy Wind
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psychic

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Hitmontop @ Lum Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Close Combat
- Helping Hand

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Punch
- Protect

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Thinking about remplacing thundurus for something bulkier, any suggestion?
Also i'm about to run my Pdon specially to hit harder
>>
>>24958951
Oh man I miss flying gem mienshao, it was very fun to do that massive damage
>>
>>24959276
Yeah, it's much more believable that every girl that anon ever played was world championships tier. Give me a break.
>>
>>24961983
Oh no its not every girl, I see a number of spergy fujos or the ones who are only there for thier BFs. But in my region there's one chick who pretty much always top cuts wherever she goes, only rivaled by Wolfe really. Her and her sister, when juniors and masters mix, usually put on a good show for the tourney.
>>
Guys, please use pastebin when posting full teams, it severely cuts down on scrolling clutter on these threads.
>>
>>24962443
no
>>
>>24960917
Shit EVs all around and natures that don't match them.
>>
File: 4L_8nZno7s7.png (559 KB, 832x468) Image search: [Google]
4L_8nZno7s7.png
559 KB, 832x468
>megas are balanced 'cause you can only have one mega evolved mon
>hurr durr now one team can have 3
who thought this was okay?
>>
someone knows a good trick room user besides Cresselia ? I probably won't get a competitive Cress for a while so I would like a replacement

I was thinking about Bronzong or Ghotitelle
>>
>>24968385
I like Reuniculus and Cofagrigas. Slowking was alright but he seemed to have too many weaknesses.
>>
>>24968385
Dusclops
>>
>>24968401

Cofagrigus looks nice, immune to most fake out users + a great defensive bulk, sounds like a great choice
>>
>>24967656
Primals are forme changes, not megas. Their stat boost requires you to sacrifice an item and gain an inferior ability.
>>
>>24968424

Dusclops is pretty useless now that everyone carries Taunt, at this point Dusknoir is more viable
>>
>literally every team on Showdown has the same 3-4 Pokemon
starting to remember why I stopped playing this game, except ORAS has somehow made it even worse
>>
>>24968872
Sounds like vgc last year
>>
How's the meta shaping up this year?

Can I build a team around Kyogre and Reuniclus?

Trick Room, of course.

They're my favorite 2 'mons. ;_;
>>
What's a better stupid gimmick?

Frost Breath Froslass + Anger Point Tauros

Gastro Acid + Slaking

or

Skill Swap Entrainment Chimecho + Sturdy + Shedinja?
>>
>>24972771
Too much powerful shit running around to use Reuniclus over Cresselia really, but you can try it
>>
Is showdown the best place to test teams?
Or would battle spot work better?
>>
>>24972794
Me and my friend made a dusclops set last night with trick room, imprison, protect, and ice beam. It will protect any rayquaza.
>>
>>24972967

That's pretty interesting actually, have you tested it already ?
>>
>>24958951

My carpal tunnel is absolutely searing me right now.

>Mienshao
>Drain Punch with Regenerator

Mienshao wants as much power as it can get and to hit and run. It doesn't have the bulk for Drain Punch to matter. You want the raw power of Hi-Jump Kick. If you're running Regenerator you might as well run Band or Life Orb. You're fast enough. Consider Fake Out over Stone Edge. Breaking Sash is more useful than hitting Flying on the switch.

>Amoonguss, Tangrowth

Why have Energy Ball over Giga Drain? Also where's the HP Fire? Both these pokemon are just way too similar too. You don't need Sleep Powder on Tangrowth when Amoonguss has Spore.

You also have Toxic on just one mon in a team that's almost totally defensive, wtf.
>>
>>24958951
>Mienshao
Use High Jump Kick over Drain Punch it's way better. If you want to use scarf then go with reckless as well since it's your sweeper so you want damage over health, if you really want regenerator try some life orb fake out set.

>Amoonguss
Don't run Energy Ball over Giga Drain on a defensive mon.

>Reuniclus
You need Recover over Trick Room. If you want to set up Calm Minds you need regen not speed.

>Tangrowth
Again Giga Drain would be better. Also Sleep Powder is a bad choice when you have a Spore mon. Also what does Ancient Power hit that makes you feel it's not a wasted slot?

Why do you give all your stuff both defenses instead of dedicating them to either phys or special? Your win con seems to be stall but you have only one Toxic user and not a single hazzard setter or remover. Honestly I think you'd be better off starting over from scratch and then just pick 2 or maybe 3 Regenerator pokemons and use them as your core. This can be done fairly well in RU with Alomomola/Amoonguss
>>
A pokemon i use:

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP /4 Atk/ the rest (2 lazy lol)Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach punch
- Leech seed
- Swords Dance / Bullet Seed
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.