[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you simply tried enjoying a Pokemon game? You know?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Red_Green_Red.png (101 KB, 205x400) Image search: [Google]
Red_Green_Red.png
101 KB, 205x400
Have any of you simply tried enjoying a Pokemon game?

You know?

Having fun?
>>
>>24912893
fun isn't allowed on /vp/
>>
I don't understand what you're trying to say, OP.
>>
>>24912893
what is this "fun" you speak of?
>>
I sometimes wonder if anyone on /vp/ even likes pokemon
>>
>>24912893
Yes.

But I've recently only enjoyed side games.
>>
>>24912893
Yes.
>>
File: 246247257.png (1 MB, 1024x1740) Image search: [Google]
246247257.png
1 MB, 1024x1740
I'm having a blast right now. Doing an all Big Guy run on my X, mostly inspired by pic related. Not going for fully viable natures, just ones that don't necessarily decrease the most important offensive stat. So far I've gotten lucky and only had to re-capture my Rhyhorn. Current team is:
Chesnaught, Naughty, level 41
Blastoise, Calm, level 40
Pangoro, Gentle, level 40
Rhyhorn, Lonely, level 40
Nidoking, Naive, level 40
Last memeber will be either Tyranitar or Aggron. Most likely going for Aggron for Fairy resistances.

Going with a theme gives you the opportunity to try out mons you've never used before. And in my case they're all fairly slow and usually go second in battles, so it's quite different from what I'm used to, but it's really fun.
>>
>>24912893
>playing video games for fun

How disgusting
>>
>>24912893
yes. but all good things must come to an end.
>>
>>24912893
I had in HGSS. The newer games campaign are not fun, neither the PvP in this gen.
>>
File: 1407822688805.jpg (411 KB, 1165x1579) Image search: [Google]
1407822688805.jpg
411 KB, 1165x1579
>>24912893
>having fun

I used to have lots of fun in Gen V, but then they screwed that up, didn't they?

With removing a team-based mechanic like Weather length for some stupid fat animals to make them glow harder and fucking Mega power creeping, why would I be having fun? Why would I ever want to play this game right now for more than limited hours at a time due to shitty rebalancing no one needed? Fuck no, I'm not having fun. I tried.
>>
>>24912924
you know, "pleasurable activities"
>>
I had fun in all gens except this one, when they started trying too hard to keep both their little kid fans and their older fans at the same time.
Just randomly adding megas to old pokemon or lazily remaking a game a few of the older fans liked isn't very clever.
It also feels like they're restricting themselves too much, trying too hard to make things that a very specific audience would like. Maybe that's why this gen just feels so soulless.
>>
>>24913195
Gen 5 sucked, anon. Quit your bitching and get with the program before I make you
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.