[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about Sound and Cosmic types?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 6
What do you think about Sound and Cosmic types?
>>
meh
>>
>>24912840
I like sound type, work very well and actually exist attacks with this dynamic.

Cosmic is again more Fairy shit.
>>
>>24912840
I'd like it. They're the only two types that would make sense to add to the game, along with maybe Light or something similar.
Hell they both make a lot more sense than Fairy

A lot of the choices in OP's pic are weird though, especially for Cosmic. Starmie, Metagross, Gothita, Lumineon are kinda out there.
>>
both stupid

sound works better if it remains just as a move property and "cosmic" doesn't even make any sense
>>
Sound doesn't really work as a type imo, just as moves.

Cosmic seems pretty cool, but might be too similiar to Fairy. Fairy should have been called Light instead.
>>
>>24912840
What would they be strong/weak against?
>>
>>24912840
I like the Sound/Cosmic duality between Clefairy and Jigglypuff
>>
I like the idea of Cosmic, but it would be too limited to only certain 'mons, pretty much like fairy.
>>
>>24912959
Cosmic should be immune to sound since there is no sound in space.

Alternatively, make Cosmic weak to everything but also SE against everything since they're aliens and way different from terrestrial life.
Or maybe the other way around.
>>
>>24912977
>Cosmic should be immune to sound since there is no sound in space

but the Pokemon aren't in fucking space.

this is why cosmic type is retarded. It's either redundant with psychic and fairy existing or it doesn't even make sense because it's based on a location, not the properties of the actual pokemon.
>>
>>24912840
Cosmic is cool in theory but how many mons can you reasonably slap that typing on without having to invent a shitload of Pokemon with space lore just to justify its existence?

Sound seems more prominent through moves than Pokemon.

Out of all possible new types I wouldn't mind either but they both seem to eat into Normal and Fairy's traits.
>>
Sound and Light should be added to Pokémon
>>
>>24912840
Sound is a good battle mechanic for discouraging substitute but as a type no thanks.

Cosmic is literally Psychic and Fairy
>>
>>24912840
I don't understand Cosmic. They should've just made Fairy into Moon or something to be contrast to Earth.

Then again, Grass should've been Plant
Flying should've been Air

Wood and Rubber still would make more sense than Cosmic
>>
I like Sound type, as it has the moves and type effectiveness to work.

Cosmic is too abstract. Nobody has ever given me a concrete type effectiveness chart for it. It's too vague.
>>
>>24913039
>Grass should've been Plant
Grass should've been Nature or something. Paras, Parasect, Breelum, Amoongus etc. Since when fungi are plants?
>>
>>24913052
Plant = nature
Water = nature
Fire = nature
>>
Cosmic is retarded bullshit.

Sound has existing precedent. Moves classified as sound moves with independent mechanics and an ability that interacts with them specifically, as well as pokemon based explicitly on sound, rhythm or music like exploud and meloetta. Unfortunately, a lack of logic indicating how it would interact with other types and dictate its resistances and weaknesses keep it from being type material.
>>
Like the idea of sound typing, cosmic is unnecessary
Much rather see sound and shadow typing added to the main games
>>
>>24913084
How does "psychic" or "dark" have defensive properties again?
>>
>>24912959
>>24912977

There were rumors of a 'Digital' type at one point that boosted the effectiveness of a Pokemon's other type or something.
Can't find the source, but I think something like that could work for Cosmic.
>>
>>24913040
Pokemon types are retarded.
Dark and Fairy are way more abstract than cosmic imo.
>>
>>24913118
Psychic: strength of mind
Dark: ?
>>
>>24913153
I still don't understand why Marill and Mr. Mime have Fairy type while Mismagius hasn't.
>>
>>24913052
they aren't, retard
they are grasses
>>
>>24913166
mimes are faggots and pikablu is also a faggot. Explained.
>>
>>24913166
Because Game Freak fucked up with the Fairy type.
It could've been cool if well thought-of, but they decided to basically make it 'Cute type', which sucks.
>>
>>24913166
Mismagius is supposed to be witch-like, right?
Fairies are usualy seen as "good" creatures while witches are more "evil".
>>
>>24913185
I just think that Mismagius has such a prominent magic theme that it feels like it need some secondary type. Be it Fairy or Psychic or maybe even Dark.
>Fairies are usualy seen as "good" creatures
Mawile is based on some Japanese evil spirit who eats humans.
>>
>>24913158
Then we'll make sounds weaknesses and resists based on musicians.
Weak to:
>poison
>psychic criticism, artists don't like that :^)
>sound
>Islamic refugees

Resists:
>Normal
>Fairy musicians rarely bothered by fags.
>>
>>24913170
I loled
>>
>>24913153
Dark is about underhandedness and "evil" pokemon. It's like a counterpart to the honourable martial arts methods of the Fighting type. But sure, it's quite a broad idea.

Fairy is a nice idea, except they ruined it by turning it into "moon/love" type that caters to pink and fluffy pokemon. Realistically, a Magic type that combines Psychic and Fairy would make more sense.
>>
>>24913305
Do you talk about merging Fairy and Psychic into one type? I don't think that would work. Sure, usually Psychic is seen as "magic" mysterious type, and some Psychic pokemon could be easily retyped into Magic type (Abra line, Jynx, Gardevoir, Xatu etc.).
But what about pokemon who are purely mind-manipulators, no magic involved? Those like Beheeyem and Malamar?
>>
>>24913166
Azumarill is a moon rabbit. Same reason with Wigglytuff even though the other members of the line aren't quite the same thing but who the fuck cares Pokemon doesn't have to make sense
>>
>>24912840
sound no cosmic yes
>>
Reminder that Dark type isn't actually directly referring to darkness, but more like the "shady" type of dark, like how in Japanese it's literally "Evil" type. Just to avoid confusion.
>>
>>24913361
Yet Darkrai and moves like Dark Pulse exist.
>>
>>24913372
Don't get it. Both can still connect to what I said.
>>
>>24913340
>Azumarill is a moon rabbit

A rabbit that has literally zero connection to the moon doesn't magically become a moon rabbit just because they made it Fairy type. Especially since the Fairy type has literally zero connection to the moon outside a few moves that Azumarill doesn't even learn which are only Fairy-type because of Clefairy. Now fuck off with your Bulbapedo trivia section bullshit.
>>
>>24913340
>Azumarill is a moon rabbit

no it isn't; this is just bullshit made up by fans to try and justify its typing even though it's based on nothing except "IT'S A RABBIT SO IT MUST BE A MOON RABBIT EVEN THOUGH ITS NON RABBIT PRE-EVOS ARE ALSO FAIRY TYPE FOR PRETTY MUCH NO REASON EXCEPT THEY'RE CUTE"
>>
>>24913340
>>24913391
>>24913405
what the fuck is a moon rabbit?
>>
Cosmic is just a mix of phairy and fsychic, would be a hassle to retcon most of them even though I'd appreciate it as a type.

Cosmic
>SE against fairy and dragon
>NVE against Psychic and Ghost
>Weak to Psychic, Bug
>Resists Fairy
>>
>>24912966
>Gen 1
>I like the idea of Dragon, but it would be too limited to only certain 'mons, pretty much like Ghost
>>
>>24912840
Sound works but cosmic is redundant. I'd prefer a "void" type, a type that discribes something that is not naturally from the world of pokemon, so giratina, porygon, unown, and hoopa are the best candidates for it
>>
>>24913427
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_rabbit
>>
>>24913458
What's the logic behind those type advantages and disadvantages?
>>
It's a stupid idea, much like the Fairy type. Please stop.
>>
>>24913465
??? type would work for those, but it was retconned.
>>
>>24913468
Good question

>Cosmic
>>SE against fairy and dragon
Fairies and Dragon are wordly creatures, Cosmic is otherwordly and thus strong against them
>>NVE against Psychic and Ghost
These are supernatural and resist them
>>Weak to Psychic, Bug
Idk bro
>>Resists Fairy
Needs nerf
>>
>sound

SE against: water, ice, fire, psychic
NVE against: bug, ground, grass, steel

Weak to: ground, steel
Resists: flying, water, fighting

All I've got
>>
>>24913510
ah yes another type that fares poorly against steel, just what we all wanted.
>>
>>24913510
>SE against Ice

that's unfortunate
>>
Mushroom type
Strong against Bug, Grass, Ground
Weak against Steel, Fire, Ice
Resist Grass, Poison, Ground, Psychic, Fairy
Weak to Bug, Fire, Ice

Paras, Parasect Bug/Mushroom
Shroomish Mushroom
Breloom Mushroom/Fighting
Foongus, Amoongus Mushroom/Poison
>>
>>24912840
Ultimate faggotry
>>
Sound, Cosmic, or Data would be a pleasant addition, though I'd like to see them implemented in a test game first. The real problem is that when GF creates a new type to balance shit, they end up making it too powerful. Dark is the only actual balanced type of the created types, and even then its a bit too similar to ghost in terms of resists/weaknesses.

I mean, at some point, things get rather silly. Deoxys being psychic is odd, Porygon being normal is odd, Noivern is a rehashed Dragon Flying type.
>>
>>24913477
That's true, as a type i would want it to fill a similar niche as shadow type, though not super effective against all other types. A completely neutral type to emphasise its disattachment to the actual pokemon universe. Hrm never mind it's sounding too much like normal
>>
>audino gains a new type but doesn't keep it in mega evo
What an abortion.
>>
>>24913779
Audino could be pure Sound and become Sound/Fairy in mega evo.
>>
>>24912931
>implying dragon isn't the same as fairy
>>
>>24912840
I'd rather have Light type
>>
>>24913833
Most of the times, when you look at Dragon you can say that it's Dragon type. There are few exceptions, of course, like Kingdra, Dragalge, Goodra but still.
Fairy is very random type, most of the time is not possible to say that pokemon is Fairy type unless you know it.
>>
>>24912840
>Ninjask
>Noivern
>Giving up Flying-type

What were you thinking?
>>
File: Le trashman meme.png (377 KB, 2550x1650) Image search: [Google]
Le trashman meme.png
377 KB, 2550x1650
>>24912840
>no more stab Boomburst for Exploud/Chatot
>>
>>24913952
Ehm, Boomburst would be changed into Sound type as well. I think it's pretty obvious that all sound-based movies will become Sound type.
>>
>>24913510
>sound
>weak against steel
But sound travels more easily through steel than air or water.
>>
Seems like a good idea, Gamefreak just seems to tag 'psychic' onto anything that is mystical
>>
File: 1436730077501.png (98 KB, 703x708) Image search: [Google]
1436730077501.png
98 KB, 703x708
>>24914002
>Gamefreak just seems to tag 'psychic' onto anything that is mystical

MAYBE because the japanese name is ESPER???

Doih
>>
>>24913969
What about Bug Buzz and Grass Whistle?
>>
>>24914020
esper is literally "ESPer" or psychic, it's not a more general term
>>
>>24912949
Starmie makes sense but the other three are weird.
>>
>>24913952
They're all normal or single typed Pokemon.

Tons of sound based Pokemon can easily be retyped like 90% of fairies. Except it's much easier to say Exploud, Chatot, Jigglypuff, Seismitoad, and Meloetta can go normal->Sound or add sound typing than something like Granbull or Mr. Mime changing to or gaining fairy type just because.
>>
>>24912840
I've advocated Sound type since gen 4, before it was a move property that did anything(which using as an argument against is stupid, since every sound move is normal typed besides bug buzz)

I like Cosmic type but think it's redundant now with Fairy existing. I would've liked it instead of Fairy, but the original alien Pokemon is a fairy now, everything associated with the moon is a fairy now (except the legendary with a moon on its face or the moon based eeveelution) cosmic was already taken over by psychic when Deoxys was psychic and they got stuff like Cosmic power and Lunatone/Solrock but after that there would be three Space associated types.
>>
>>24914500
>Bug Buzz
>Chatter
>Disarming Voice
>Grass Whistle
>Metal Sound
>Parting Shot
>Snarl
>Normal type moves
>>
>>24914020
You're pretty dumb. Even if 'ESPer' didn't mean 'Psychic' to begin with it would still be dumb on Gamefreak's part for localizing it to 'Psychic' for English
>>
>>24914556
All of those bar Snarl aren't super effective on anything, just like normal type moves ;^)
>>
>>24914673
bug buzz chatter and disarming voice desu senpai
>>
BUMP TYPE!
>>
>>24912840
Light and maybe Cosmic I think are the only themes left Gamefreak should use for types. For Light they could easily do a Fairy type Xerneas awakening thing and cosmic is as easy as an alien invasion type event. Light especially is not a vague concept and it would be easy to come up with strengths and weaknesses for it.

Sound I think should continue to be the special side of the Normal type

Ancient I think should be the special side of the Rock type
>>
>>24912840
Imagine how scary meloetta would be if it were a triple type with only its stats changing after relic song (normal/psychic/fighting)
>no knock off weakness
>no u-turn weakness
Basically only fairy kills it.
>>
>>24919009
Flying.
>>
>Not wanting Light type
>>
>no one has yet to mention how retarded it is that ursaring is on this list
>>
>>24919843
stay dumb faggot
>>
>>24912959
Sound could be SE on water
>>
>>24919854
If you want to give me a logical reason for this type change, I'm all ears.
>inb4 someone says ursa major/minor like a retard
>>
>>24912840
As much as I like the idea, a certain something involving spooky gamma demons has made me instinctively hate the idea of anything "cosmic" Pokemon related.

Gonna have to give it a downvote.
>>
>>24919877
Ursaring is based on moon bear.
>>
>>24919971
Even so, that's just something in name alone and had nothing to do with space, so cosmic type still doesn't make sense.
>>
File: 1415900622133.gif (767 KB, 500x517) Image search: [Google]
1415900622133.gif
767 KB, 500x517
>>24919971
>Moon Bear
>>
>>24912840
I'd rather they touched up the types we already have a little, but I wouldn't mind it.
>>
File: 1449441550140.gif (2 MB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1449441550140.gif
2 MB, 500x374
>>24912840
>All Sound moves have a 25% chance of lowering an enemy's stat

How broken would it be?
>>
File: 5540.gif (979 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
5540.gif
979 KB, 500x269
>>24919897
>spooky gamma demons

Care to explain?
>>
>>24912949
>A sentient mechanized life form of cosmic origin
What is a transformer?
>A star of cosmic origins
Absolutely unheard of
>Gothita, an empathy and a celestial tracking species sounds unfit for Psychic/Cosmic
Is there a reason?

I completely agree on Lumineon though
>>
>>24912840

"Cosmic" and "light" are redundant. Those two things are already rolled into fairy. Just like how there isn't a separate "wood" or "mineral" type, they're rolled into other types.

Sound doesn't really work as a pokemon type.
>>
>>24913038
>Cosmic is literally Psychic and Fairy
And that's exactly why it should be added.

Psychic shit should be psychic, Fairy shit should be fairy, and alien shit shouldn't be arbitrarily divided among these two types for basically no reason other than nothing else fitting it better.
>>
>>24913185
>Fairies are usualy seen as "good" creatures while witches are more "evil".
Fairies are fucking assholes, that's almost the entire point. This is why Klefki exists.
>>
>>24912953
The only right answer.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.