[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you start watching the anime /vp/? Do you have any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Ash_Pokemon_Anime_Movie.png (282 KB, 531x411) Image search: [Google]
Ash_Pokemon_Anime_Movie.png
282 KB, 531x411
When did you start watching the anime /vp/?

Do you have any fond memories? What was the very first episode you saw?

For me, I remember my friends in kindergarten telling me about it being on some obscure channel in 1997. And mom helped me find it that night, it was on some 70-something channel that aired nothing but anime, Sailor moon, pokemon, DBZ etc.

First ep I ever saw was Kogas gym with ash vs venomoth. And I think three episodes after that preparing for seafoam, and then Kids WB announced thy were airing the series from scratch, so I went and watched it there from the beginning instead.
>>
File: snapshot20080722195338.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20080722195338.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>24912414

1999, first episode

Charizard vs Magmar episode was my favorite episode
>>
>>24912414
This sounds like scott

If so go fuck yourself
>>
>>24912492
I don't know who a scott is, sorry.

>>24912489
How is it gen 1? I'm asking period, tons of people here grew up with gen 3 and are allowed to share their experiences.
>>
From the beginning.
I remember thinking how much of an ass I thought pikachu was.
>>
File: 1451494630280s.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1451494630280s.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>When

1998, 1999, 2000? I can't honestly remember.

>Fond memories

Yeah, as a young kid it stroke me in general. The Pokémon boom was something fresh, new and big at the time too, and that brought extra impact.

>First episode

Literally the first one.
>>
>>24912414
The very first season. Got bored and stopped watching sometime in Johto. Then it stopped airing on TV at some point.
RIP.
>>
First got into the anime as a toddler when it first game to the UK and grew up with the anime ever since.
I've met most of my good friends thanks to either the anime or games and bonded with my first friend over our obsession with the anime.
The anime came to the UK around 1998/1999 so that's when I started. I can't remember exactly which episode I started with as my memories around that time are hella hazy but it was likely around the beginning, the first episodes I can recall in proper detail are the ones around the S.S. Anne/Island of Giant Pokemon
>>
To this day nothing has motivated me to wake up early more than trying to watch that show at 7am before school
>>
>>24912414
First episode I saw was the one where Ash gets Charmander. It was probably the first anime I ever saw outside of Sailor Moon and a few random dubs that squeaked through as kids TV in the late 80s.

Favorite arc is still the St. Anne 3-parter. There's a sense of tension and adventure there that very few episodes have managed to match. Plus it reminded me of the Poseidon Adventure, which I always liked.

Favorite single episode is still the Vermillion Gym. It was a tight story with a couple of good conflicts, probably some of the best battle animation in season 1, and a nice, clever solution that worked well within the rules of the game. Also it was the first episode since the second one that did something to develop the bond between Pikachu and Ash. Solid, all around. Even Team Rocket got to play a fun role.

>>24912542
>trying to watch that show at 7am before school
Shit, I forgot that it used to air in the morning as well. It usually collided with me having to catch the bus to school, so I couldn't always see the whole episode, but when I did it was always cool being the only one of my friends that knew what was going to happen that afternoon.

>>24912414
>I remember my friends in kindergarten telling me about it being on some obscure channel in 1997
Did you live in Japan? That episode didn't even air in Japan until the end of 1997.
>>
To be honest? These days there are western shows that I'm more hype for than I am for the ashnime.
>>
>>24912766
>ashnime
>>
>>24912776
Okay, fine.

>These days there are western shows that I'm more hype or than I am for the Pokemon cartoon.

Are you happy now?
>>
The Pokemon Hour on Kids WB Mon-Fri 4-5 = best memories.
>>
>>24912485
My favorite Pokemon episode from season 1
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.