[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please explain me why this thing isn't Fairy type?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-113Chansey.png (54 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-113Chansey.png
54 KB, 250x250
Can someone please explain me why this thing isn't Fairy type?
>>
>>24911419
Because gamefreak didnt make it a fairy type
>Let the hate flow
>>
>>24911421
No hate. It's just that Chansey-Clefairy-Jigglipuff always formed some sort of "pink blobs trio" in my head, so I wonder why the latter two were retyped and Chansey wasn't.
>>
>>24911436
It would probably have been too OP.
>>
>>24911454
>implying gamefreak cares
>>
>>24911419
Because it's an egg, it's not a magical cocoon.
>>
>>24911436
Why does Slowbro have a Mega but Slowking doesn't?
Why does Mantine have a prevo, but Skarmory has nothing?
Why does Charizard have 2 Megas?
>>
>>24911499

genwun
>>
>>24911419
Because not everything pink needs to be fairy

and....I guess thats it
>>
>>24911419
Balance issues. Most of the good Poison moves are Special, Steel it's not a offensive type and Fairy it's a much better type than Normal.
>>
>>24911615
>Steel isn't an offensive type

Tell that to Bisharp and Excadrill, or all the pokemon that run Iron Head now to fuck with Fairies. People even put Flash Cannon on Heatran and Hydreigon.
>>
>>24911615
>Most of the food Poison moves are special

What the hell are Gunk Shot and Poison Jab then?
>>
>>24911596
>Because not everything pink needs to be fairy
Except that's the exact logic GF had when giving out Fairy typing, if it's pink and/or cute, it's a fairy! (snubbull being the exception)

Except for the Chansey line, that is
>>
>>24911596
Xerneas?
>>
>>24911675
>How could we make the fanbase accept this terrible idea?
>I know, let's make a box legendary with it!

That's how Xerneas was born, ironically, one of the only pokemans where the Fairy typing is given for something else than "it's cute"
>>
Think about normal types feelings. Someone had to hold it down for the type while it took heavy loses to fairy
>>
>>24911670
>(snubbull being the exception)

Snubull is cute! You take that back....!

>Snubbull is a Fairy Pokemon and GF has no choice but to turn it into fairy type
>>
>>24911634
the animation of Gunkshot in gen4/5 always made me think it was a special move
>>
Granbull es tipo hada y chansey no porque?,pues porque yolo y swag PD:i am speake spanish
>>
>>24911436
It's the bulkiest of the trio so it has to have the more common weakness, which is fighting. Fairy type Chansey would gain resistances and gain weaknesses to rarely used moves (in OU)
>>
>>24911419
Because it is a tank and thus it got the type with the least super effective attacks.
>>
When you think about it, Chansey is closer to Miltank than Clefable. It's an egg animal that makes nutritious eggs to heal others, no mystical powers involved.
>>
>>24911419
DELETE THIS
>>
It would be OP as shit, trades one weakness for more resistances and a weakness to the worst offensive types in the game
>>
>>24911670
>if it's pink and/or cute, it's a fairy!
If that was the case, EVERYTHING would be Fairies.
>>
>>24911419
From a Doylist perspective? It would be OP as hell.

From a Watsonian perspective? Let's see...
>No connection to mystical creatures in any mythology like Gardevoir
>Not a trickster like Barrierd
>No connection to the Moon like Clefairy (no really, Moonlight was retconned to be a Fairy-type move)
>It's not called the Fairy Pokemon like Snubbull
>>
>>24911419
DELETE THIS NOW!!
>>
>>24912486
>>24913636
Delete yourself from existence faggot.
>>
I can't wait for Mega Blissey with Fairy type and Fur Coat so anti-stall fags will be btfo harder :)
>>
>>24914695
>implying Mega Blissey won't be offense-oriented
>>
>>24914695
Banned to ubers, possibly from ubers.
>>
>>24911436
>Chansey is pure normal
>Jigglypuff is normal fairy
>Clefairy is pure fairy
what does it mean
>>
>>24914742
>what does it mean
You're a nut! You're crazy in the coconut!
>>
>>24911419
Kangaroos are not fairies.
>>
Back before fairy was confirmed and ORAS was still just a glimmer in some useless fuck's eye, Snorlax was rumored to be retyped to fairy. That would have been nice.
>>
>>24911670
Neither Luvdisc or Almomola are fairies and they are pink and/or cute
>>
Why aren't Mew and Celebi fairies? Hell Celebi is a fairy guardian of the forest in it's description.
>>
File: 250px-122Mr._Mime.png (63 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-122Mr._Mime.png
63 KB, 250x250
>>24915166
frontier psychiatrist
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.