[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell was up with this guy? The design and tone of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 220px-XY_AZ.png (73 KB, 220x302) Image search: [Google]
220px-XY_AZ.png
73 KB, 220x302
What the hell was up with this guy? The design and tone of the character seemed to come from out of nowhere, and the things he added to the plot could have been left out without anything really changing.
>>
>>24907882
Foreshadowing and adding deeper lore.

Basically only relevant if you played X
>>
>>24907882
>not liking rarely mentioned, randomly encountered based giant
>>
>>24907890
Oh, I only played Y. Does he have a larger role in X?

>>24907893
It's not even that I didn't like him, it's just a really odd thing to see in a Pokemon game.
>>
Gen VI is all about the worldbuilding
>>
Game Freak wanted to add emotional depth to the story like they did with BW, but fucked up real bad.
>>
>>24907882

He's the player character in Z.
>>
>>24907965
And A.
>>
>>24907959
>BW
>emotional depth

Only emotional depth in either BW really was the drama with Bianca and her father in BW1
>>
>>24907903
No, but in X the implication is that the ultimate weapon used Xerneas' power of eternal life to make him and Floette immortal, which doesn't make sense if you swap Xerneas for Yvetal.
>>
File: n9wcufmvks1reats2o1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
n9wcufmvks1reats2o1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x300
>>24907882
The lore of the Kalos war is kinda nice, AZ seems to want to be the N from Kalos , the thing is that his participation is mostly in the backstory (all the thing about the ultimate weapon and the War is connected to Lysandre and his desires), but his actual presence in the game is very very scarce.

You see N since the second town in BW, and after that through many points in the game, you only see the actual AZ in person for a sole instance, and another after you beat the champion in a very easy fight.

But hey, at least he brought the "3,000 Years" meme.
>>
>>24907882
he is an ancient king who created a super magitech machine powered by pokemon necromancy to bring his dead firend back to life. The machine worked and sucked the souls out of thousands upon thousands of pokemon and brought his pokemon back to life, as a side effect both of them became immortal. his pokemon was horrified at what he did and fled his friend turned monster.

Oh and the unused leftover energy from the machine crystallized the souls of some pokemon creating mega stones.
>>
>>24907882
>the things he added to the plot could have been left out without anything really changing

???

without him there wouldn't really be much of a plot. AZ was the only part I found interesting about XY's story. Otherwise it's just another bad guy of this team wants to rule everyone by controlling a legendary plot
>>
>>24907983
Him using it to wreck shit back then doesn't make sense without Yveltal either

It's probably best to assume he used both back then for each of their purposes and Flare only cares about one function depending on the version
>>
>>24907983
OP here, that actually helps a lot. One of my biggest problems with the character while playing through Y was that gamefreak had seemingly inexplicably thrown in some kind of mystic immortal guy.
>>
>>24907882
Just completed my replay of X today. I had completely forgotting this fucker not only has three pokemon but they're all weaker than the elite 4s

Utterly pointless battle. He should have had a Bronzong as well
>>
>>24908026
Instead of a guy used a legendary pokemon to wipe out a bunch of pokemon, a legendary pokemon wiped out a bunch of pokemon. Boom.

My big problem is that there wasn't really any point to him still being alive today, other than to deliver pseudo-cryptic exposition. They could have utilized him a lot more in the main plot.
>>
I don't understand why he was so big.

Inb4 "for you"
>>
>>24908206
Because he's ancient.
Possibly from a time when Pokemon and Humans were diverging?
>>
>>24908206
He's been drinking his milk for 3,000 years
>>
File: 4233755-milkdrinker.jpg (85 KB, 581x465) Image search: [Google]
4233755-milkdrinker.jpg
85 KB, 581x465
>>24908210
>>
>>24908206
He's probably Dutch.
>>
>>24908013
you forgot the part where he turns the magitech into a weapon and wiped out the imposing army when his little pokefriend found out what powered the machine she was horrified and lifted him.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.