[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yknow what I just realized, /vp/? I've never played Gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
Yknow what I just realized, /vp/?

I've never played Gen 5's challenge mode. Is it really all that difficult? I've played every game in every gen, I can't believe I've overlooked this. What do you think? Worth playing?

And should I play BW's or B2W2's challenge mode?
>>
Challenge Mode's worth a try, and it is indeed the hardest official game.
>>
>>24907033
BW doesn't have a challenge mode
>>
It's actually easier than the main game, outside of one or two gym leaders. The increased levels, due to the level curve, end up making your Pokemon level up faster and learn better moves earlier than they would have otherwise.
>>
>>24907033
nah B2W2 is moreso like XY, Challenge mode just turns the game back to normal
If you want somewhat of a challenge play the Drayano rom hacks
>>
>>24907101
This is absolute bullshit, by the way.
>>
all it does is increase opponent's levels. i thought it 'upgraded' the ai but it's still stupid as shit
and you can't even use it until after E4, granted there's still a decent chunk of stuff to do but why the hell is it not available from the start unless you trade the key over from another game
>>
>>24907033
Well, from my experience of turning it on after beating the champion, it really wasn't that much more difficult. If you can hit a Pokemon's weakness, that matters much more than the fact that they're 10 levels above you..
>>
>>24908649
>>24909034
Wait...

So "Challenge Mode" literally just means they added a few levels to everything? That's it?

The AI isn't better? Rivals or Gym Leaders don't have better teams? Movesets aren't improved? NO trainers ANYWHERE even have SOME of their Pokemon evolved a stage??

Cuz if it's literally "the same game +5 to 10 levels on everything"........then I don't even know WHAT to say. That's the laziest thing I've ever heard of in the entire realm of video games.
>>
>>24909701
gym leaders have more pokemon and better moves from what I remember. you could just check bulbapedia
>>
Why not just fucking play it for yourself
>>
>>24909701
Yet again, that post is bullshit. Let me give you the lowdown:

AI does seem to be better. All gym leaders have an additional Pokemon that serbes to cover the weakness (my fondest examples are Joltik with what I believe is Energy Ball for grounds and Grimer with Mus Slap for Magnemite). Movesets are much better for gym leaders. Of course, all levels are increased, with one extra level at the beginning and five by the end. E4 is vastly improved, especially Iris. Her entire team has held items, and really good ones at that. Gym leaders have mire TM learned moves. If you want to see just how big of a change it is, just check serebii.

My advice: do it. In conjuctuon with a self imposed rule set such as nuzlocke or monotype run, it can be pretty difficult and fun. Cheren's a pain in the ass, and Elesa beat me like 3 or 4 times over. Don't try to overlevel, and instead rely on reusable teams. Good luck and have fun, anon!
>>
>>24909764
This is basically the only post I needed. I'm sold, thanks anon.

So now that this thread has no purpose, dubs picks my starter
>>
>>24909945
Tepig
>>
>>24909945
Oshawott

i might join you OP ive never done it before either
>>
>>24909945
Snivy
>>
>>24909964
Let's do it, anon. I'll Nuzlocke race you.
>>
>>24908567
No it isn't
>>
>>24909945
Riolu
>>
>>24909945
Mareep
>>
>>24909945
Snivy
>>
>>24909945
S H I N X
>>
>>24909945
Kyurem
>>
>>24909945

vp is too slow for dubs gets, Tepig
>>
Snivy
>>
>>24910130
>too slow for gets
You have that backwards, anon. The slower the board, the easier the gets.
>>
>>24909984
No, it is. Challenge Mode is more difficult than Easy and Normal Mode. Take a second and think about what you're saying.
>>
Still no dubs? Gotta go with that rascal Oshawott.

Ensured dubs. Check'em.
>>
Dumb nigger.
>>
>>24909945
Froakie
>>
>>24909945
Mew
>>
>>24909945
Box your starter and start with Growlithe
>>
>>24910877
Checked
>>
Is there any reason why GF doesn't just put Challenge Mode in every game and has it available from the start?

It's kind of cruel to have this as a 'new game +' unlockable in a game that's about making as many virtual animal friends as possible since this requires you to delete your save.
>>
>>24907033
Daily reminder that the vast majority of Gen 5 mons are shit. Even Delibird is better than shit like the Vanillite and Trubbish lines. Only contrarian faggots will argue this. The only reason people like BW2 so much is because they included Pokémon from other gens. Gen 5 is the worst Gen. That is all
>>
>>24911672
But I like BW more than B2W2.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 512x288
>>24911672
>>
>>24909945
Stantler and Deerling
>>
>>24911431
This, really.

Flash Fire doge for extra challenge
>>
>>24909945
Oshawott
>>
>>24911621
Funny thing is, I've never played anything other than Challenge Mode in BW2, and I've played the games theree times. On emu, you can just enter the action replay code, and on cart, I waited until my friend had finished his B2 before starting my W2 playthrough.

But yeah, it should be unlocked from the start. Considering the feature will never return, though, it's sort of a moot point.
>>
>>24910877
>>24912347
I already got them dubs, my otter brother. OP will be using best starter.
>>
>>24909701
The champion is nerfed in Challenge Mode for some reason. Although a couple of her Pokemon got buffs, Hydreigon is now way easier to set up because its Charge Beam was replaced with Focus Miss.
>>
>>24909945
Wooper
>>
>>24912434
What if XY&Z has Challenge/Easy modes and it becomes a "End of Generation staple"
>>
>>24912556
I'm not convinced they will, but I'd like them to.

>>24912490
Iris is not nerfed. She gets held items on all her Pokemon, including Wide Lens on her Thunder, Blizzard, H Pump using, Singing Lapras. As well as LO for her Mold Breaker Druddigon.
>>
>>24912579
Well think of all the End of Gen staples we didnt get yet; Battle Tower, Trio master new form (since Platinum), etc.

Ill admit, we did get Move Tutors in ORAS which is strange. And theyre lazily copied from B2W2; here's to hoping we get more tutors in XY&Z
>>
>>24912589
Nah move tutors weren't strange. Same thing happened in Plat and HGSS.

Want to realize something strange, though? There was a time, back in Gen III and prior, where tutor mives were spread out throughout the region (Dynamic Punch in Mossdeep, Counter in Celdaon Department Store, Double Edge in Victory Road). Now we mainly have the elemental hyper beam, Relic Song, Draco, pledge tutors and then several tutors who each teach 6-12 moves.
>>
>>24912579
Iris is even better in the post game rematch on challenge mode, where her Druddigon is replaced with LO Salamence. The Elite 4 also get a replacement Pokemon for their post game rematches on challenge mode.

Shauntal: Gengar replaces Mismagius
Grimsley: Tyranitar replaces Liepard
Caitlin: Alakazam replaces Sigilyph
Marshall: Machamp replaces Medicham

Like with the rest of their Pokemon on challenge mode, these 4 new additions also get competitive movesets and held items.

Honestly anyone who has Black 2 has no excuse to not switch to challenge mode once they get to the post game, it actually keeps you on your toes. I unknowingly ran into Cynthia in Undella Town soon after beating the Iris and the main story and I had to nope out until later because due to the level and AI difficulty increase I would have been raped if I took her on then.

I would have preferred to be able to play on challenge mode from the start of the game, but oh well. I really hope Challenge mode comes back on day, it's one of the best features GameFreak has ever added, they just need to implement it better next time.
>>
>>24913110
>I unknowingly ran into Cynthia in Undella Town
I hate Togekiss because of that bitch. Paraflicnhing piece of shit
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.