[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infamous Gym Leaders/Bosses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: the moment all nuzlockers dread.jpg (448 KB, 850x531) Image search: [Google]
the moment all nuzlockers dread.jpg
448 KB, 850x531
We all know Whitney as a pretty universal 'noob crusher', so to speak, but what are some other examples of unexpectedly getting your shit wrecked? What bosses made you want to pull your hair out?

(yes you can just grind to bypass challenge, we know, that's not the point of this thread)
>>
File: 1450225929165.gif (2 MB, 187x155) Image search: [Google]
1450225929165.gif
2 MB, 187x155
>>24905569
None. If you lost a single PVE battle in Pokemon you are legitimately retarded with or without grinding.
>>
File: 1451368899804.jpg (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1451368899804.jpg
55 KB, 400x400
>Back in the day
>No internet help
>Just me,pokemon silver, and my gba
>Didn't like Geodude,onix, Ghastly, or machop
>Heracross was hard to find

The pain of Whitney.
>>
>>24905587
>>
Only Quilava shitters lost to whitney. based bayleef could easily take out miltank between reflect, poison powder, and razor leaf
>>
Back in the day I used to lose to Brock and Misty every time I battled them. Once I got past them I never lost to anyone else
>>
>>24905587
Challenge mode Elesa and Cheren can beat you pretty handily, as long as you don't bring a team of Ground-types to the former.
>>
File: bane.png (157 KB, 299x438) Image search: [Google]
bane.png
157 KB, 299x438
>>24905606
>>24905588
I legitimately thought this was a meme. Were people ACTUALLY stuck on Whitney? Every kid on my block beat the flat-chested whore like an inauspicious harlot with no struggle. Just Curse, or mock her and build a rollout on Clefairy until the fourth strike one shots Miltank. Not hard. Even for a kid.
>>
File: 1451335959151.jpg (44 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1451335959151.jpg
44 KB, 500x363
>>24905631
>2000+15
>All these years and people still have trouble believing the struggle with miltank
>Some think it's a meme
>>
It's a bit embarrassing for me to say this, but Falkner of all people gave me a lot of trouble in HG/SS
I viewed him as the joke he was in the original games and cockily went to challenge him with my team of level 10's. The pidgey fell easily enough, but then his Pidgeoto started wrecking me with Gust. A 40 stab may not seem like much, but with nothing but unevolved mons and no way to lower special attack or raise special defense, its quite lethal. even my Geodude could only take 2 hits, resistance be damned. Only thing I had that could tank was Hoothoot, and he didn't exactly have reliable damage output.

Eventually I lost. Thouroughly humiliated, Iwent back and ground a few more levels before trying again. Things were more succesful, though he still dropped some mons.
Never get over confident.
>>
>>24905598
Misty Water Pulse scare me and even with the fear causing me to "over level" my Pokemon and using only grass types it always end up being the right amount of grind to handle it.

Note though I am going by memory of the 1st gen games, not the remake.

Broke was kinda just unfair using something normal type moves doesn't work against. On the later gens they had Flying type and such as first gyms. I think they learn from their mistakes.
>>
>>24905660
lots of the games had Rock for the first gym. I think its meant to teach kiddys that they cant just keep spamming tackle.
>>
>>24905631
its mostly an issue of Gen 2's initial low difficulty and rushing ahead too quickly. Whitney is a sharp spike of difficulty in comparison of the previously laughable gym battles. It's not difficult, just unexpected.
Everyone knows better on replays.
>>
>>24905569
>>24905588
>>24905597
>>24905654
>>24905676
>having a single-gender team
Hah hah, and may I add... hah!
>>
>>24905737
Having fun there Jeffery-y-y-y?
>>
The entirety of Sinnoh was hard for me until I discovered grinding.
>>
>>24905737
Attract can be potentially annoying but in my experience more often then not she won't even use it during the fight.
>>
>>24905751
Here's some more tips:
>Avoid having any types on your team that are weak against Rock-type moves
>For you HGSS players, Scrappy can get past type immunities, but it can't ignore type resistances.
>>
>>24905660
Water Pulse is a remake only move...
>>
>>24905760
Thanks man, I'll try again tomorrow. This time I should get her for sure!
>>
>>24905631

>flat chested

But she isn't
>>
>>24905631
BAIT?
>>
Ruby was the first game I played and Wattson was a major pain in the ass because I picked Grovyle. Ended up grinding an Aron until she became an Aggron and proceeded to curbstomp Watson and all gym leaders until Tate / Liza until the levels evened out a little.
>>
Catching Primal Groudon was the most difficult thing. Lenora having a move like retaliate was a dick move considering even if you catch a timburr you wouldn't expect to get hit by a 140 power move. Clay is always a challenge too
>>
>>24907626
>mfw sceptile line was so shit in rse that vileplume was a superior choice

literally trash starter, dead weight in every match
>>
I always found Clair's Kingdra to be far worse than anything Whitney could do

The fact back then Kingdra only had one weakness, had Smokescreen to fuck your accuracy and you already had to deal with her Dragonairs paralysing all your shit
>>
>>24905655
wat
>>
>>24907682
Read the last sentence of that post, guy.
>>
File: 37-10ek47b.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
37-10ek47b.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Raikou used Thunder!
>>
>>24907678

also it would dragonbreath and paralyze you into submission, not even good tms at that point in game to have good moves. Yeah that fight in Crystal was harder.
>>
>>24907714
You don't even have much Dragon type moves at your disposal either, especially as you don't get Dragonbreath until you beat her
>>
Grant always gives me shit during nuzlocke runs.
>>
>>24905587
that always depends on your team
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.