[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grass only.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11
File: images (1).jpg (6 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6 KB, 240x180
Post grass starter ideas.
>>
>>24904978
>Velociraptor

Becomes Grass/Dragon and is a decent glass cannon with access to both DD, Leaf Blade and Dragon Claw.
>>
>Stegone - Conifarus - Arbormizer
Based on a stegosaurus combined with pine trees. Plates are pine cones growing out of back, tail spikes are pine needles. Abilities are Overgrow and Iron Barbs, final form is Grass/Steel

>Leafrog - Amphrond - Tropitoad
Based on a tree frog. Final form is Grass/Flying, concept is that leaves form glider wings for Tropitoad to move around with. Abilities are Overgrow and Poison Touch, despite not being a poison type
>>
File: baby-kiwi-05.jpg (456 KB, 748x663) Image search: [Google]
baby-kiwi-05.jpg
456 KB, 748x663
>>24904978
Starting as a pure Grass Kiwi
Middle gains a few gem-looking feathers
Final is a specially defensive Grass/Rock Peafowl
>>
>>24904978
Steglade - Stegosaurus with rock plating and leaves for spines. Thick thorny branches are its tail spikes.
Grass/Rock
>>
Water/Grass swamp themed croc/gator
>>
File: sceptile.jpg (41 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
sceptile.jpg
41 KB, 500x374
>>24904999
>>Velociraptor
>Becomes Grass/Dragon
ahem
>>
>>24905032
Exactly what i was thinking when i read it
>>
>>24905036

that's a gecko, anon
>>
>>24905034
Holy shit thiiiiiiiis

Though I'd rather it not be a starter, I've been waiting for a swamp themed Water/Grass forever. Ludicolo is cool, but gimme a big mean bog mon.
>>
Grass --> Grass/Electric --> Grass/Electric
Elephant with plug-like prongs for tusks and giant leaf ears
HA is Thick Fat

for final stage:
HP - 116
Atk - 70
Def - 90
SAtk - 116
SDef - 82
Spe - 61

Has Volt Switch, Synthesis, Aromatherapy, Thunder Wave, and Leech Seed among other things. It's like a Mega Venusaur mixed with a Mamoswine and has momentum.
>>
Grass/Fighting.
Unleash the curse to them
>>
Grass/Bug walking stick which starts out as a small guy poking out of protective pile of plants, but final form is like 6 feet tall and has its front two limbs like swords while is uses the hind 4 for running around and takes the appearance of a small tree when sleeping to avoid predators. Learns a bunch of status moves like Spore, Baton Pass, and Camouflage. High speed, good bulk, bad offenses.
>>
That Grass/Bug seems interesting, what would work for this type of trio.

Water/Steel->Fire/Fairy->Grass ???
>>
>>24905070
How about Water/Fighting->Fire/Steel->Grass/Fairy
>>
>>24905043
It's based off a dilophosaurus and a gecko.
>>
>>24905075
>Grass does .25 damage while the other two's main type do .5
>>
>>24904999
Sounds like a shameless Sceptile ripoff. I don't like it.
>>
>>24905107
Wait, I got it backwards.

Water/Fighting->Fire/Fairy->Grass/Steel
>>
>>24905119

>fire does 4x damage
>>
>>24905125
>Swampert
>>
>>24904978
grass/rock
fire/dragon
water/bug

unique type combos that also remove the grass/fire/water weakness
>>
Water/Steel->Fire/Fairy->Grass/Bug

I know bug doesn't do much against Water/Steel, but Grass covers the water one. What do you all think
>>
>>24905075
>>24905119
>wanting another part-fighting starter
seriously isn't 4 in a row enough??
>>
>>24905132
>fire/dragon
bang up job making the fire the best one again
>>
>>24905132
Thats actually pretty interesting.

Although your grass/rock has a clear advantage over the other two.
>>
>>24905103

no, it's based on a gecko

in any case, though, a dilophosaurus is a raptor as much as a penguin is a chicken
>>
What prehistoric animal hasn't been a grass starter yet, grass starts have this pattern I feel, all of them being based on prehistoric reptiles.
>>
what would make a good grass/water or grass/fire pokemon that's not a lilly pad or chilli?
>>
>>24905157
Like the Hedgehog or the Pear.
>>
>>24905157

a stegosaur
a ceratopsian dinosaur
a predatory dinosaur
a pterosaur
a hadrosaur
a prehistoric crocodile
those giant monitor lizards from the Cenozoic era
>>
>>24905157
Stegosaurus, ankylosaurus... you could probably go on forever actually...
>>
>>24905054
You could give it a grass type stance change. It would be alright, it's hard to make a grass type all that great, let alone break it, and a grass/bug? It'll be fine, maybe UU or OU depending on stats and movepool.
I love grass types but I also understand that they have their issues, hence my admission that it would be hard to be truly broken, same with bug, and those common 4X weaknesses hurt
>>
And mammals, seeing as Chespin's line is more derived from mammals. We may indeed see a elephant, sloth, or something along the line of that next gen
>>
>>24905107
So it's possible, gamefreak hates grass type
>>
File: helicodiceros-muscivorus-2.jpg (60 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
helicodiceros-muscivorus-2.jpg
60 KB, 600x450
A pig with a Helicodiceros muscivorus flower growing out of its backside.
>>
>>24905160
Grass/Fire
>Sunflower
>Tobacco/weed if you want to be edgy
>Phoenix Cluster space nonsense
>Fried Tofu
>Cactus

Grass/Water
>Also a Cactus
>Kelp
>Coral
>Anenome
>something based off tea
>Aloe
>Algae
>A fake plant in a fish bowl or something
>>
>>24905160
Creature from the black lagoon/swamp monster for grass water

Grass bird that burns in a wildfire to be reborn as grass/fire phoenix sort of deal
>>
>>24905188
>>24905160

I created a grass/fire pokemon based on popcorn and firecrackers once
>>
>>24905180

>a sloth that gets energy photosynthetic algae growing on it
>as it evolves, the algae evolves into vines and flowers
>Normal/Grass, stats are a physical attacking version of Slowbro
>>
>>24905141
sorry but water is only resisted by itself, grass and dragon so i was literally forced to put dragon on the mix

it can have shits stats tho, kinda like serperior and maybe a shit ability like illuminate if you are that worried
>>
>>24905157
The great and mighty hunter known as castenea mill. shall reign once more as a grass starter.
>>
>>24905206
Serperior is the only competitively viable one of the three Unova starters.
>>
>>24905175

Grass/Fighting seems like a better typing for this type of Mon, like if it were a Mantis and such I'll rather pick Grass/Fighting then Grass/Bug, they both have many weaknesses, but Grass/Fighting is better as its more offensive, and suitable for a Mantis as seeing as it can't take hits but can give mighty blows.
>>
>>24905209
Oh shit I forgot about gen 6!
>>
>>24905210
yeah, because contrary + leaf storm
without that combo serperior is shit
>>
>>24905211
I was just bouncing off of what I thought when I read the original idea, but that's could work. I personally think that they could re-flavor it to any extent and make it flow (shadow tag-arena trap both are well flavored and make total sense but do the same thing). Its a cool concept you have, idk if you're the same dude but the original is sweet too, but if agree with others that we need a break from fighting starters, and doing grass/fighting twice in a row would seem to everyone as the same garbage that was having 3 fire/fighting in a row. Love the fighting type, make some sweet new fighting mons, stay out of starters for a bit at least a gen.
Sorry got rambling, my main point is one could re flavor stance change to be for a grass/bug. I agree it would be easier for a fighting type and am still surprised there wasn't a fighting version of stance change, it screams fighting type, but again re flavoring can be done for damn near anything.
And with a different stat change. Harming the attacker would make it too similar to spiky shield. Maybe it lowers defense? I'd like that, and be fine with it lowering special defense depending on its main stat. And for this I would love if it had different stats for att and sp.atk and def/sp.def so it's not a carbon copy of smogonsword. Lots of ideas
>>
>>24905284
Totally agree man, the only problem besides that is some people saying "ohh look its leavanny" *sigh*.
>>
Grass/Electric

Basic: Imagine Pikachu with mushrooms on it's tail and like Paras.
>p.s. it knows spore and thunder wave
The mushroom mouse pokemon.
Ability: Static/Effect Spore

Stage 1: Pretty much breloom with electabuzz' arms and electric instead of fighting type.
The spore pokemon
Ability: Static/Effect Spore

Stage 2: Looses grass and gains poison typing. Pretty much Thundurus or Tornadus on a cloud of death.
>day 1 ban
The Volcanic Cloud pokemon
Ability: Levitate
>>
File: tumblr_lz7k7ru9x11r3u1t6.gif (414 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lz7k7ru9x11r3u1t6.gif
414 KB, 300x169
>>24905284
>[I] agree with others that we need a break from fighting starters
>Love the fighting type, make some sweet new fighting mons, stay out of starters for a bit

FINALLY someone agrees. Thank you!!!
>>
>>24905187
censor that shit.
>>
I like grass/steel. We need a steel starter.
>>
>>24905329
>grass starter
>poison/electric with levitate
Well memed
>>
File: California_leaf-nosed_bat.jpg (25 KB, 441x307) Image search: [Google]
California_leaf-nosed_bat.jpg
25 KB, 441x307
>>24904978
A grass/flying type based on the leaf nosed bat. The pokemon will have an actual leaf for a nose and moss for fur. Should have crazy speed stats.
>>
File: grass1.jpg (917 KB, 1725x1159) Image search: [Google]
grass1.jpg
917 KB, 1725x1159
>Post grass starter ideas
Well. I mean... It has stripes! :^)
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (5 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
5 KB, 183x276
>>24905628
Forgot to mention it should be based on fruit bats as well.
>>
>>24905322
Sure some people will say that, but after 3 fire/fighting anything can go imo. Oh look monkey blazekin, oh look it's pig blazekin.
>>
Dude Weed! LMAO
>>
>>24906486
>we just have to get used to shit instead of cleaning it
>>
>>24906533
Grass/Poison
>>
>>24904978
What if it was a WEED pokemon?
>>
dunno what it would look like or even what type it could be but my autism demands a grass bird Pokemon for a full bird starter set
>>
>>24904978
How about a Grass/Ground type that is literally nothing else but a grassy dirt clod with legs and eyes. Its evolution becomes longer, and it grows flowers. The final evolution would be a tanky brontosaurus-looking thing
>inb4 torterra
Fuck torterra
>>
>>24906716
DUDE
>>
File: passiflora.jpg (225 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
passiflora.jpg
225 KB, 1000x1000
>>24904978

I always thought the flowers were beautiful.
>>
>>24906556
Exactly. No my argument is simply that it's a different pokemon that hasn't even used those types in a started specifically, if people want to bitch they should have bitched when they got 3 of the same type combo in a row, that's much more annoying than getting a pre-existing type combo that hasn't even been used on starters
>>
grass/ghost type that's all I can come up with.
>>
So how would a mantis/, stick bug, starter Pokémon be like. It's evolutions and traits.
>>
>>24905132
Try fighting/rock/flying instead.
>>
Grass/Water Crocodile or Frog with very clear cajun style.
Final evolution, he has a straw hat made out of leaves and has a banjo analog.
>>
Grass/Rock Mammoth

You know, like a mammoth tree but shaped like an actual mammoth, with sharp trunk tusks and leafy ears
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.