[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/28/1 0676936/pokemon-trading-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: rare_pokemon_cards.jpg (400 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
rare_pokemon_cards.jpg
400 KB, 1131x707
http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/28/10676936/pokemon-trading-card-game-first-edition-anniversary-rerelease

Your thoughts?
>>
>>24903595
So are all the base set cards legal in Standard/Expanded?
>>
>>24903595
if it was in english I would buy 12
>>
The older cards looked better.
>>
Depends if Kadabra returns.
>>
>>24903595
https://archive.is/QtOqn
fuck off polygon
>>
This was announced months ago and doesn't even give any of the actual details we got while speculating a fuckton on information we never got.

It's "60 random cards" with no actual information on what the cards are going to be. Could be updated base set, could be 1:1 reprints with different backs, could be rebalanced shit a la D/P Charizard being basically a reprint of base set Charizard.

http://www.pokebeach.com/2015/12/pokekyun-booster-pack-image-break-starter-pack-officially-revealed
There's a second article showing the backs are modern backs, with sleeves to emulate the original back.

The article also has a 2500 price tag due to a misprint on a 30 dollar card. If you actually want a Base Set Charizard for collection, getting a misprint is the stupidest idea you can have.
>>
File: 20th_img_02.png[1].jpg (43 KB, 318x315) Image search: [Google]
20th_img_02.png[1].jpg
43 KB, 318x315
>>24903799
Second article mentioned, including actual pictures and stuff.
http://www.pokemon-trainer.com/threads/the-original-tcg-starter-pack-will-be-re-released-on-february.857/

As >>24903784 said, fuck off Polygon.
>>
I still have a box of a hundred Weedles under my bed
>>
File: I'm ready!.jpg (288 KB, 532x833) Image search: [Google]
I'm ready!.jpg
288 KB, 532x833
>>24903608
>computer search and energy removal in this meta
>>
>rerelease
Welcome to Haymaker Hell, Population: 4 Mr. Mime.
>>
The upside: hundreds of idiots hoarding collections in the hopes of cashing are now butthurt their rare cards are getting reprinted.
>>
aren't you busy crying about how sexist video games are, polygon? :^)
stop shilling your shitty article
>>
>>24905829
That's not how cards work. The originals are still worth more, though I don't intend on ever selling mine anyway.
>>
>>24903595
What the fuck why doesn't gf and nintondio understand that we like pokemon too? Where's all of our events? Where's our special products? I want a rgby 2ds. I want the cards. Fuck man.

Hell, they gave Europe hoopa before us in America.
>>
>>24906135
no one cares /v/eddit
all that matters here is Pokemon Cards
>>
>>24905112
>Mr. Mime
>>
>>24905829
It's only the Intro Deck, though. Wasn't it the one that came with Machamp?
>>
>>24909303
yup, that's the deck thats getting re-released (updated is more like it)

I'm still waiting for this deck and the 2DS' to go up for preorder; hoping to preorder 2 of each but haven't seen them available anywhere that isn't ebay
>>
who /missedoutonfaceplates/ here?
>>
this is just a rumor. its false. we don't really know what will be in the kit. but it will probably not be reprints of base set cuz all the trainers are broken
>>
>>24909653
Just because they are reprints doesn't mean they'll be playable in the current format.
>>
>>24909167
Fuck off Polygon.
>>
>>24905099
So long as they're errata'd into supporters they're k.
>>
>>24907049
Really anything that's not "1st edition" can be reprinted the exact same as it was originally. That's the point of 1st edition, you assume anything that isn't 1st edition can be reprinted at any time.
>>
>>24910648
Even if they were to reprint the 1st edition cards today, the trademark information at the bottom would still need to be updated. There's no way to mistake modern reprints for the original.
>>
>Linking Polygon
Post a pastebin, faggot.
>>
>>24912104
>>24910597
>>24906135
>>24903784
Stay on topic or go back to shitposting on /v/
>>
File: pewpew.gif (2 MB, 493x336) Image search: [Google]
pewpew.gif
2 MB, 493x336
>>24903595
Do they even still make Pokemon cards?
Who the fuck buy then, it's not even a card game.
>>
>>24912185
I started buying them again recently, they are fun as fuck to collect

>it's not even a card game

what
>>
>>24912194
They're just memeing.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.