[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you react if your nephew or whatever deleted your Pokémon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: 6932.png (49 KB, 909x529) Image search: [Google]
6932.png
49 KB, 909x529
How would you react if your nephew or whatever deleted your Pokémon save file?
>>
I'd restore my backups, because I'm not a retard.
>>
>>24903178
>How would you react if your nephew or whatever deleted your Pokémon save file?
I'd think ahead and not introduce them to Pokemon at all. I wouldn't let them know anything about it until they're in college.
>>
>>24903178
>How would you react if your nephew or whatever deleted your Pokémon save file?

Why would they have access to my save file?
>>
if they managed to get them and delete them i'd probably just sigh and look disappointed
>>
>>24903178
depends, which game? because murder is too hard but a beating may be in order.
>>
>>24903224
>>24903190
don't breed
>>
>>24903178
>Kyle T. Burford probably browses /vp/
>>
>>24903178
Get angry for like 3 minutes. Then, play soccer with him like nothing happened.
>>
>not backing up your save file

I know most of you fags are 100% against hacks of any kind, but you're literally asking for it.
>>
File: 1451019726067.png (653 KB, 680x686) Image search: [Google]
1451019726067.png
653 KB, 680x686
>>24903178
>ONLY KNOCKED THE KID INTO A WALL
>NOT THROUGH IT
>>
>>24903178
I'd be disappointed because of the shinies I caught years ago and the nicknamed pokemon my bf gave me, but I wouldn't get mad at them because they don't know better
>>
>>24903229
>thinks its wrong to punish children for damaging other peoples property

Dont breed
>>
>>24903269
Pokemon isn't worth hitting anybody over, especially not a child
>>
>>24903178
Not much I can't redo. I don't really play mainline Pokémon for the single player anyway.

On the other hand, I would be more empathetic if it weren't a 29 y/o adult. Unless it was literally a valuable all-mint collection, it's not stuff you can't get again. Shit, even I got over my aunt ripping my base set cards amongst other things.
>>
>>24903178
My nephew is 23 and doesnt play Pokemon.
>>
>>24903229
>don't breed
OP was talking about nephews and nieces. Another one of my siblings already gave my mother grandchildren, so I've absolutely no reason to care about having kids of my own.
>>
>>24903285
Uncle, please go back to Facebook.
>>
Doesn't matter. gen 6 sucks and the rest can be emulated. It's jot even worth the nostalgia since as a kid I trade all my geneun mons to Gentoo and the Gentoo battery died.
>>
One of my earliest memories is my cousin deleting my pokemon blue save file. I cried.
>>
>>24903292
Here's $20 for your birthday, whenever that is.
>>
>>24903285
>23 yr old nephew
how old are you tho
>>
>>24903278
I would argue that its not about what the property is, its about the kid not respecting other peoples property. Parents today dont want to spank their kids for anything, which is why we have so many shitheads running around. among other things.
>>
>>24903298
I'm 22.
>>
>>24903178
I'd shout at them really angrily, never let them touch my things, load up my game and restore my save file because I made backups. Any excuse to keep the bastards away from my shit
>>
Well, I would approach it rationally. I'd only throw them out a high window, instead of the roof they'd deserve -_-
>>
It happened to me when I was nine. I told my nephew (also nine) that he could start a new game on my Sapphire as long as he didn't save. He got to the second town, climbed the escalator in the Pokémon centre and immediately talked to the link cable woman, deleting my game. Claimed he didn't know that it would save. Lost a few level 100's and my best contest Pokémon.

It was my fault, so I didn't get too mad. Just told him to give me the Gameboy and to never touch my things again.
>>
>Not keeping your things properly secured

If kids are around, your security needs to be on fleek
>>
My newest file hasn't been touched for 2 years. I'd be mildly annoyed, then happy I get an excuse to start over.
>>
My nephew is older than me.
>>
File: 1448315342690.png (134 KB, 674x500) Image search: [Google]
1448315342690.png
134 KB, 674x500
>>24903178

Depends. If he's nine or younger, probably just give him a noogie and a lecture. Ten or older and the lil motherfucker is going on a pokemon journey to recatch all my shit.
>>
My nephew live 2,500 miles away, my stuff is safe

>>24905095

>That fuckin' bird
>>
My nephew is not a fucking nigger, he know the limits between his and mine stuff.
>>
I would get infuriated red faced and blind with rage, struggle to get out of my bed for 5 minutes, lumber towards him, slip on a mountain dew bottle, shit myself and cry in a puddle of my own urine.
>>
>>24903178
20 years in the dungeon.
>>
>>24903178
i havent played pokemon in years so not that big of a deal honestly
>>
>>24903306
>22

Don't breed.
>>
>Salisbury, MD

MD represent, Towson here.
>>
>>24903178
That's happened before on my copy of Yoshi's Island because the dumbshit was 5 years old and couldn't fucking read because of his retarded hick parents. I make very, very sure to not let anyone near my current games because of that and just give them the cheated, Bad Egged to hell GBA carts I have.
>>
I take measures to not let that happen.
Like not letting anyone that doesn't understand what it's like having that happen to you touch my games.
>>
>>24903300
But is it really necessary to impose those values via physical punishment? Can't you make a kid understand just by talking to them and grounding if needed?
>>
>>24905570
It should be clear by what the kids of today's generation are like that that clearly doesn't work.
>>
my blue version stopped saving years ago
>>
>>24905570
Literally does not work though I wish it did.
>>
File: 1409326935602.png (63 KB, 246x337) Image search: [Google]
1409326935602.png
63 KB, 246x337
>having a son or close nephew
>not transferring your good Pokes preemptively and erasing your save of your own volition so that you can both sit down and have a Pokemon adventure together
>>
>>24905570
Simple groundings and time outs are the reason kids run all over their parents today.

These "punishments" are nothing to them and they often have enough imagination where the grounding/timeout doesn't even matter.
>>
>>24905289
Nap town checkin in
>>
File: 1432966867063.png (161 KB, 301x312) Image search: [Google]
1432966867063.png
161 KB, 301x312
>>24905570
Grounding and timeouts can be referred to as negative punishment; taking something away from the child to reinforce the intended behavior, as in don't do retarded things
Negative punishment works on teens because their privileges are often so linked that losing one cuts off some of the others (no car means no going to afterschool sports, etc), but to little kids it's literally doing nothing, if they get sent to their rooms they just play using their imaginations like nothing happened
We need to reintroduce positive punishments that AREN'T physical, as in adding something unpleasant to reinforce the intended behavior, those are generally the most effective with small children
>>
>>24905968
Or we can just reintroduce physical punishment. Shit's worked for ages.
>>
File: YrgcEwA5_400x400.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
YrgcEwA5_400x400.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>24905993
Right, just hitting whatever doesn't do what you want is how we need to teach them to approach their problems, to hell with comprehending the actual consequences or instilling a sense of responsibility

After all, it's not as if we've ever faced a problem with children taking that method the wrong way, such as becoming acclimated to violence to a point where they can't recognize abuse to themselves or others

After all, shit's worked for AGES, right
>>
>>24903178
I wouldn't give a shit because I'm not an autist that hunts for shinies or SRs for perfect IVs.
>>
>>24906022
Yes.
A small stinging is how you teach a kid that fire is hot so the kid doesn't fuck with your stove.

A pop in the mouth is how you teach a kid don't you ever in your life talk back to me like that so you don't have some fucktard kid who'll have no problem talking shit to you in public.
>>
>>24903178
Considering that it takes a special sequence of buttons to push and the fact that I have years worth of trained and caught pokemon I can only assume he did it on purpose, so I'd be pretty fucking pissed. I'd probably go delete his minecraft or terraria account just so he knows how it feels, or if I'm off my meds go over to my sister's house and take anything that is a screen.
>>
>>24906083
>it takes a special sequence of buttons to push
not for the first generation or two.
>>
>>24903300
>Parents today dont want to spank their kids for anything,
>which is why we have so many shitheads running around.
I'm sure you're basing that off of real evidence.
>>
>>24906095
Cant really say what they are basing it on but considering all the kids around here whose parents spank them actually act decent and arent little assholes and the kids whos parents only use time outs and grounding are ill behaved pieces of human waste I tend to agree with the sentiment.
>>
>>24903178
All I care about is my original Emerald team and my first shiny, so I'd be disappointed if I lost those. It's slightly harder to delete a save file than it used to be though. But fuck Kyle T. Burford, what an autistic piece of shit manchild.
>>
>>24906114
The reason for this is very simple. Physical punishment builds respect. Kids learn that acting like a little shit has immediate, painful consequences. Timeouts, on the other hand, has the opposite effect. The parent comes across as unfair and mean, someone to resent and disrespect.

The entire concept of parents acting less authoritarian and more as their children's friends is what breeds these little shits. Respect is important.
>>
>>24906163
So, you respect someone 'cause he beats up your ass? Wow, that's interesting.
>>
>>24906072
If hitting your child helps reinforce positive behavior then I would be a saint.
Kids just suck it up and go on doing what they were doing.
If you want to truly punish a child then scare them shitless. Fear is what really makes a good child
>>
>>24903178
They wouldn't have a face anymore and my hands would be red.
>>
>>24903178
Grab them, take them to a military base or america, and put them against a firing squad.
>>
>>24903178
You know those shota/loli doujins featuring dilfs on sadpanda? Yeah.
>>
>>24905570
i have never heard of anyone being grounded outside of a sitcom
>>
File: edge.jpg (69 KB, 627x466) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
69 KB, 627x466
>>24907139
Ow the edge
>>
I'd redo it all and make OU the team rather than the memetic shitmons I have now.
>>
>>24906163
It doesn't build respect. It you hit a child and they stay quiet around you it's not out of respect but out of fear and hate
>>
>>24903178
>year 2000+15
>child being able to delete save on anything newer than emerald
I wouldn't even be mad, I'd be impressed, every time I want to start a new game I have to google how to delete my save.
>>
Kids today have no real respect to anything or anyone that's not them selves look at whats going on, it is these kids of people who are self in title to thing that is not theirs i think he had the right to hit him but i hardly doubt that he did a thing like that i bet the guy slapped the shit out of the little shitling and he ran to mommy and whined then the whore went and over reacted.
>>
>>24907697
but it is true, most people here between the age of 18-26 would have their asses busted if they did something fucking stupid im not saying that they were beaten they were punished i.e spanked or grounded. kids these days dont even get grounded they get "spoken to" and told what they did wrong or some other bullshit.
>>
>>24907697
>edgy
If that's the first thing you think of when reading that post then you need to either grow up or go back to Reddit
>>
>>24907879
SOUNDS GOOD ENOUGH TO ME.
THE LITTLE FUCKER STILL GETS PUT IN HIS PLACE.
>>
>>24907962
every time I want to start a new game I have to google how to delete my save.
>being this stupid
>>
>>24907962
This.
>>
>>24907697
go back to fucking reddit if that came to mind first.
>>
>>24903178
I'd be disappointed, because for some reason GF keeps releasing short term only DLC that doesn't exist outside of emulators once it's done. So I can't restart my Soulsilver game without losing the Pokéwalker maps, which prevents me from getting things like the Bounce Magikarp. Either keep the support there, or put them in the game in the first place.

I'd also appreciate it if they tried harder for gimmicks to keep, but I'm already off topic.
>>
>>24908257
the fuck has this todo anything with what's being talked about.
>>
>>24908304
kid deleting save dumbass
>>
Younger kid from down the street saved over my Gold save when I was like 8 or 9. I believe I was pissed off beyond belief but never even confronted them about it or nothin'. Lost hundreds and hundreds of hours of progress so it hurt but there wasn't anything to do to get it back and they didn't know what they did so I never did anything. Might've cried alone a bit desu.
>>
>>24903178
I don't play games for children
>>
mildly annoyed because I can just restore my powersaves backup.

before I had my save backed up though I would have been devastated though, gonna be honest here. all the trained pokemon over the years just gone like that. it would have taken me weeks to recover from that.
>>
>cousins your age give your stuff to the younger kids to play with
The most recent incident I can kind of forgive since it was the guy's first time really drinking, but damn, it makes me appreciate my better family members/people in my life a lot more.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.