[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys seriously enjoy Super Mystery Dungeon?! >make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (475 KB, 1500x1338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
475 KB, 1500x1338
How do you guys seriously enjoy Super Mystery Dungeon?!

>make it to 9F of dungeon
>both my Pokemon and the friend Pokemon faint due to some cheap wind attack that we couldn't escape
>go on rescue mission
>get to 9F
>the fainted Pokemon I'm supposed to rescue are not in the spot where they fainted (why would the game designers do this?)
>my rescue Pokemon faint

Literally spent an hour and a half for nothing because I couldn't save the game.
>>
You have to use items a lot in this game I learned that the hard way.

Fucking drifblims...
>>
>>24901668
>using crutches

Weakling.
>>
>>24901668
Holy shit so much this.
>Dont use wands until Voidlands
>Get ass-pounded

Fuck you Magnitude Sandshrew
>>
>>24901668
I've noticed that but on my rescue missions the only items I have are apples and elixier. I don't have any Heath orb or tribal seeds and I'm not coming across any either.
>>
>>24901662
git gud faggot
>>
>>24901693
Revival seeds*
>>
>>24901662
Welcome to the world of roguelikes.
>>
>>24901662

Wait until to you get to Mystery Jungle in the post-game, which you have to complete solo.
>>
>>24901685
It's not a crutch in this game, it's literally the only way to succeed unless you have godlike luck.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 264x379) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 264x379
>>24901685
>preparing yourself for any possible situation makes you weak
>>
Right now I'm in an endless circle

>I'm in the poliwrath dungeon
>fainted
>restarted in the room with the item box
>due to me fainting I lost all of my items and money
>no hope of defeating three boss poliwraths without money or items

It just keeps on going.
>>
>>24901685
Saying items in PMD is a crutch is like saying reincarnating in Disgaea is.

Youre hopelessly retarded no wonder you lost, go back to "Hard" Souls edgy tryhard. I bet youre a Riven main
>>
>>24901739
Go to pelipper island and do some random dungeons to get items.
>>
I'll be that guy and tell you that nothing will top Explorers of Time and Darkness.
>>
>>24901731
>>24901738
>>24901743
Pokémon are supposed to be strong on their own. Only humans, the species weaker than Pokémon, may use items.
>>
3 hours in and Im bored out of my mind
>>
I'm not total shit
>>
>>24901751
Not true, they eat berries
>>
>>24901751
But you aren't fighting humans, you're fighting other pokemon. By that logic they're just as strong as you and if you want to tilt things in your favor, you need items. Even the NPCs will use items post game, stop being autistic about it and learn to use them.
>>
>>24901761
I've found that ever since I've started using them the game is also more fun. Pounce wands are my shit.
>>
>>24901748
Sky is objectively better
>>
File: Butthurt_meter.jpg (304 KB, 1191x1215) Image search: [Google]
Butthurt_meter.jpg
304 KB, 1191x1215
>>24901751
>Being this mad about how items are used.
>>
>>24901751
But you are human OP. have you neever played a mystery dungeon game? every main character is a human turned pokemon.
>>
>Complaining about dying in SPMD of all things

Wow, Never play Blue. you'd need anger maangement classes if you ever attempted even one 99 floor dungeon.
>>
>>24901751

Sorry that no one cares about your silly self-imposed rules.
>>
>>24901779
I find SPMD tougher
10 year old me was able to get through those dungeons and I know that apart from revive orbs items were not necessary. I had to learn to use items in this one to succeed.
>>
>>24901662
>being this bad at a children's game
>"Wahhh how does any1 enjoy dis???"

Git gud faggit.
>>
>>24901662
How does this compare to eot and eod? Only ones i played
>>
>>24901662
I gotta agree with OP on how this game is slightly worse than other mystery dungeon games. I beat Blue and explorers of time and am in the process of beating explorers of sky, and I gotta say Super mystery dungeon is a lot more tougher and player hostile. My favorite it getting one shot by a boss because he's super effective to you, and then losing all of your progress and good items. It's not a bad game, it just relies on items and enema and shit too much
>>
File: 1427437579692.png (97 KB, 505x479) Image search: [Google]
1427437579692.png
97 KB, 505x479
>>24901880
>enema
>>
>>24901899
Fuck, I meant emera
>>
>>24901823
Better in some regards, but removing the job board in favor of one time quests kind of eats some of the post-game. There are new mechanics like emeras and the Connection Orb that make it worth playing though.
>>
>>24901739
I feel you anon, I was stuck in that exact loop in poli river. trust me, once you get passed it and use your items wisely you rarely die that bad again. I'm currently 14 hrs in with about 60 connections, good luck!
>>
>>24901880
>WAAAAH pokemon doesn't make me use strategy, I just have to click one button over and over again! OR/AS and X/Y? LITERALLY CASUAL!

>WAAAH MY FAVORITE KEEPS GETTING ONE SHOTTED because I can't be bothered to use strategy!
Classic fucking /vp/.

Seriously, dude, learn how to use wands/orbs/seeds. Earlier PMDs were actually probably worse because you couldn't save mid-dungeon, wands weren't a thing, you couldn't cheese certain fights by using massively overleveled partners, and more. SPMD forces you to use strategy, but Christ, you're an adult, if you haven't figured out how to do that then come on.

Granted I'm only right after beating Entei, so I'm probably speaking out of my ass right now since I have no idea what comes next, but most of the stuff I caught that people said would be challenging like Poliwrath River or any of the boss fights have been a relative breeze.
>>
>>24902069
I know how to use items and stuff, of course. The issue is when I get killed by something unseeable and then I lose all of said items. I had relative ease with the game until it cranked up the difficulty and added pokemon with moves that hit from across the room. And it's not like most if the bosses are hard, either. They're just pretty hard if you lack the correct items. Sometimes on bosses i'll use a wand and it'll fail every single time, wasting a turn

So it's strategic, but sometimes you lack to have that strategy when you need it
>>
>>24901760
>>24901761
>>24901768
>>24901769
>>24901785
WHAT! IMPOSSIBLE! HOW COULD I BE POSSIBLY DEFEATEEEEEED!
>>
>>24902069
Things do get more difficult as your progress, anon, and there were a lot of instances that I barely made it out, thanks either to very lucky RNG or wands. The game does, effectively, make you break any notion that items are for wimps.
>>
>>24902090
All right, that's fair enough. All PMD games have this, though. Porygons in Temporal Tower in Sky are a perfect example (actually, any enemy with Psybeam, Discharge, Heat Wave, or Earthquake in any PMD game is fucking stupid) I also wasn't aware wands could just fail on bosses - I know they can work for one turn sometimes, but didn't know they fail.

>>24902162
I think that is a good thing, though. I never had to use those character-specific items in Sky, and never had to worry about items in Rescue Team (apart from maybe the Friend Bow, HMs, and a few Reviver Seeds when I could use them - the hardest dungeons were the ones the game said fuck you to items and levels anyway). Never played Gates, so I can't speak there, but Super definitely does force you to be efficient in your resources and makes you use what's available.

Good to know that it gets harder, btw.
>>
>>24902162
That early game garchomp level is evil. I had no way to win so I ended up spammin him using totter orb and blast seeds.
>>
>>24901662
That's how I felt. Take the missions that involve fighting another boss. I recruited Salamence at level 11 and Sala is level 50. Connections, yo. I also found Emolga to be useful early since Acrobatics ebin :^)
>>
>>24904568
Acrobatics is very OP, which makes life so much easier when a mon that knows it is motivated.
>>
>>24904583
Acrobatics is the only move that I believe will keep you alive early game
>>
>>24904591
Chespin's pin needle snipe game can wreck the shit out of a lot of things, especially when given bulldozer and heavily more so with X-Y power stones.
>>
>>24904600
check'd
that and Charmander's Dragon Rage. Very useful early game imo
>>
your partner is mew
nuzleaf is the enemy
>>
How do I actually evolve in this game? I just want to be wartortle.
>>
Not sure where else to ask since it seems like the PMD thread isn't up anymore, but I just recruited Mew in PSMD.

Considering Mew can learn every TM, what would be the best moveset for it?
>>
>>24904698
Epilogue, unfortunately.
>>
>>24904715
Gah, why do they keep doing that crap
>>
>don't marathon the game, take small portions of it
>multi-task requests if possible, if two missions are in the same dungeon and several floors of each other do it.
>store items and cash regularly
>have wands for bosses
>have at least 2-3 revive seeds for big or story dungeons
>emeras are key, expand your looplets if possible, attach as many as possible on yourself (always, ALWAYS attach barrage) use them immediately if you have no more room and check each emera for their specfic benefits.

So far I'm enjoying what I'm playing but I can see how the game piss off people. But then I've played games like etrian odyssey, grandia xtreme and phantasy star where unexpected fuck ups happen all the time and reducing said occurrences is half the battle.
>>
>>24904583
what does acrobatics do in this game
>>
>>24905171
Same thing as in the main games; decently powerful, but becomes really powerful when a pokemon doesn't equip an item (loopet in this case).
>>
>>24901739
First timed it with two fire types. No items. :/
>>
>>24904938
The problem is you can only be so prepared. Reviver Seeds are fine, but they burn fast when your enemies get crits (and evolve) and there's not much you can do if you don't have any for a story boss fight.

I really loved the SPMD campaign but the final stretch of game is just something you have to hope you get enough reviver seeds for. The yveltal fight is ridiculous and pretty much forces you to grind items at pelipper island
>>
>>24901761
>by that logic
No. You don't need to explain or argue, the kid you're replying to is a moron, let him be
>>
File: snapshot20080722202058.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20080722202058.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>Epilogue
>Rolling solo
>First room of dungeon
>Two lunatones. Immediately use rock Polish.
>Proceed to get butt fucked by them. Can't out run them. Too fast to fight.
>Floors 1-6 mostly consist of me waving stayaway wands at everything.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with that solo mission?
>>
>>24906847
totter orbs. Spam totter orbs and blast seeds, this will kill most problem bosses.
>>
>>24901662
The partner is Mew reincarnated
Nuzleaf was working with the Beheeyem and Yveltal all along, hes evil
Espurr is a double agent
Entei is tsundere for you after you, your partner, Raikou, Suicune, Krookodile and Archen turn to stone
In the end you don't fade away, your partner does
Xatu from Red Rescue team returns
>>
>>24901880
Super Mystery Dungeon is hard, but in a way that is much fairer than the other games. They made dungeons and bosses more challenging themselves but the dungeons are much shorter on average, making it more forgiving when you lose. The challenge comes from the tougher encounters as opposed to the tedium of long dungeons and is honestly the best designed mystery dungeon game in the serious because of this.
>>
>>24901711
The world of super casual and very easy roguelikes.

Seriously OP, if you can't figure out that item management and pre-mission preparation is a thing, you are what's wrong with today's generation of gamers. You are why mainline Pokémon is so ridiculously easy, and you are why Nintendo is aiming for the smartphone market.

kill yourself desu senpai
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.