[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the Pokemon English dub so awful since TPCi took over?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 9
File: SadAsh.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
SadAsh.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
Why? Just why do TPCi give no shits about the quality of the dub at all?
>>
Yeah I miss jelly donuts too, OP.
>>
>>24901470

You sure don't miss apples, carrots, and peas, though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3TQKpVfEvo [Embed]

TPCi's just as awful about food edits and making mistakes as 4Kids was, and TPCi's dub has far more glaring issues than that.
>>
>>24901470
Examples include the terrible voice acting, awful Team Rocket alliterations, Ash's slang, lazy 30 second opening themes, worse than 4Kids ever was music replacement, among other things.
>>
The voice acting is horrrrrrible. It just never felt natural. Not to mention that when they took over the series kinda stopped feeling like it was one story. Just seemed like, "oh, new region, lost my memory again!"
>>
It was always awful. Comparing one brand of shit to another is pointless when you can just watch it in Japanese.
>>
>>24901580
Not really, the 4Kids dub had some redeeming factors to it, whereas I can't say that about the TPCi dub.
>>
All dubs are awful.
>>
>>24901580
Now, though, you kind of have to watch the Japanese Version to even like the Anime.
>>
>>24901589
Weeb pls.
>>
>>24901518
>you have to eat those veggies
>there are veggies you don't like too

They fucking say "carrots" and "peas" in the original, why would someone deliberately go out of their way to change that and make it vaguer? What the absolute hell is the POINT?
>>
>>24901589
So no sound at all is what you want?
>>
>>24901719
lip sync?
>>
Their DP dub was decent but what I don't understand is why the XY dub feel so cheap now. I mean, why is the original music gone, why did the remove the silent moments, and why is it called "The Series" now!?
>>
It's better now. Your nostalgia blinds you.
>>
File: 1448119766098.jpg (18 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1448119766098.jpg
18 KB, 400x225
>Korrina's voice
>Everyone sounds older than they should
>Replacing the hyped up intros with shitty ones

Team Rocket is the only good thing about it
>>
>>24905616
It's way worse now, if anything, your nostalgia for TPCi blinds you.

>>24905364
Their DP dub was pretty shitty, too, Brock sounded like an old man, James became a nasally goofy imitation of Eric's AG take, Meowth got progressively rapier and gruffer, Ash, Brock, and Team Rocket got tons of awful slang and alliteration as well as rhyming, anything about the DP Rap intro, Jessie's VA began going high pitched, etc.

That said, yes, XY's dub is definitely worse and even cheaper of a production, but DP had the second worst dub of the whole Anime as a Series.

>>24905620
I agreed until Team Rocket- they are probably the biggest offense about the TPCi dub, their voices are grating and the stuff they are made to say is even worse.
>>
>>24901719
Even the dumb rice-balls edit made more sense than these- who hasn't eaten a damn apple, carrot, or pea before?
>>
>>24908227
samefag, meant raspier
>>
File: ss___maylene_by_4nto-d34rwb2.png (308 KB, 850x792) Image search: [Google]
ss___maylene_by_4nto-d34rwb2.png
308 KB, 850x792
>>24905620
Daily reminder THE MISTY VA came back to voice Maylene, then fucked off again
>>
>>24908278

Rachael Lillis was allowed to come back for those three episodes in DP, but then I heard Knotz got in a fight with her (that Knotz supposedly started), and refused to let Lillis voice Jessie, so that's why Lillis left.

I don't blame Lillis, personally.
>>
>>24908330
>but then I heard Knotz got in a fight with her (that Knotz supposedly started), and refused to let Lillis voice Jessie, so that's why Lillis left.

yeah, that totally happened
>>
>>24908334
Someone on Serebii or Bulbapedo (idk which) said this a while back- don't know if it was true.

Either that or Lillis saw how awful the DP dub was and didn't want to be any more part of that.
>>
>>24908342
>Either that or Lillis saw how awful the DP dub was and didn't want to be any more part of that
Nice headcanon
>>
>>24908278
wish there was more art of this cutie
>>
>>24908350
Only got one other theory and that's TPCi or Wayland blacklisting her, really, not sure what else explains an abrupt permanent leave like that.
>>
>>24901364
>Dubs
The joy of being able to understand japanese...
>>
>>24901534

>Ash's slang

I don't watch the dub, examples?
>>
>>24908493
There are many examples, but they include dialogue like:

"I'm not a noob!" (DP Episode "Dealing with a Fierce Double Ditto Drama")
"I'm so psyched, I'm shakin' so hard, I think I'm gonna burst!" (BW, Adventures in Unova Episode 1)
"You're not seein' things, we're talkin' strong!" (Early DP Episodes)
"It's amazin' that Science is so amazin'!" (Several XY Episodes)
"Observation! I'm an observer! I'm doin' it!" (DP 170)
"I bet I could get me a Buneary if..." (DP 004)
"And when we get it, we're gonna raise the roof!" (AG 172)
"Whoa, she's holdin' a Pokeball." (DP 093)
"Alright, Froakie, this is where we really need to step on the gas!" (XY Episode "A Rush of Ninja Wisdom")
"That's a fire type, nice and fiery!" (BW 001)
"He's Golurk's trainer and he likes pie!" (BW Adventures in Unova Filler)
"Wow, Nathaniel reminds me a' me!" ("Strategy Begins at Home!")
"I feel warm as toast!" (XY Episode "Coming Back Into the Cold!")
"Evolution is when a Pokemon starts to glow super bright and it's super cool, like BAM!" (Some XY Episode)
>>
File: fruit.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fruit.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>24908238
They don't say "apple" in Japanese either, though, they say "ki no mi", a rather broad Japanese word with no straight English equivalent that's used to refer to both fruit, berries, nuts etc.
It's the same word the original uses for the item class "berries" in the games, which is why a lot of the berries look more like fruit: Some of them ARE fruit, but the English game needs to use a single word to refer to them all and chose to go with "berries".

Of course, in this episode it's used to refer to apples, not berries from the game, so the correct choice would've been to use "fruit" in the dub, but that's TPCi for you.
>>
>>24901534
devils advocate but the openings are cartoon network's fault
>>
>>24909187

>Of course, in this episode it's used to refer to apples, not berries from the game, so the correct choice would've been to use "fruit" in the dub, but that's TPCi for you.

So either way TPCi ultimately botched it, though. Even 4Kids didn't do this, or the veggies thing...I mean, come on.

>>24909217
While Cartoon Network is admittedly shit about caring about the Anime dub (truthfully, Kids' WB was better in the States), some of 4Kids' intros were only 10-15 seconds longer and they still were done well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyDEXXc3ryY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8pj9EwjNjw
>>
>>24908278
>>24905620
>Candice's voice = sex
>Fantina's voice = sex
>Bianca's voice = QTPa2T
>Cynthia's voice = OK
>Rosa's voice (promo) = No
>Elesa's voice = OK | BW2 promo = sex
>Skyla's voice = FUCK NO
>>
>>24909438
Wow, it's like seeing the deterioration of TPCi's voice acting and dubbing there.

Candice's dub voice was pure sex, though, her voice actress voiced Lily in Kappa Mikey. One of the only times TPCi didn't fuck up, there.
>>
File: 3242.jpg (352 KB, 1283x727) Image search: [Google]
3242.jpg
352 KB, 1283x727
>We need back the ORIGINAL VOICE ACTORS
Let's see who's left with a normal role:
Ash - Theoretically could still appear
Professor Oak - GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK took over that position
Meowth - RIP
James - Retired from voice acting 5 years ago
Jessee - Already came back and left again

4Kids run: 8 years
TPCI run : 9 years

You're beyond the point of no return.
>>
>>24908640
Hardly any of those included slang.
>>
>>24909694
>Implying I'm even saying that
>Making up bullshit

Let's see who's left with a normal role:
Ash - Is in LA now working on top tier Viz Anime dubs, as opposed to TPCi's low budget dub, but has constantly said for the last 9 years she would reprise Ash if ever even approached. What can your Natochenny do, exactly? She is so shit as Ash and his mom that Konami/4KMedia made her sound better as Aria/fortune girl in the terrible Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V dub.
Professor Oak - A man who put down his predecessors as James, sockpuppeted on forums, and said his version of TR is funnier than the Japanese Version of TR, I might add. Stan Hart came back in BW, Cathcart refused to drop the role when Hart asked if he could voice him again, enough said. Hart is still in NY, he'd easily do it if allowed to.
Meowth - There's Nathan Price who voiced him before Maddie, who is in NY, and would probably reprise the role if asked.
Delia- See Ash, same applies tenfold here.
James - Oh, that retirement bullshit again, eh? Not true- Stuart reprised Gourry in 2010, Meta Knight in 2014, and may reprise Kaiba in the 2016 dub film. Also voiced Scorch on Zexal dub in 2012.
Jessie - Is in LA now working on top tier Viz Anime dubs, as opposed to TPCi's low budget dub.

"4Kids run: 8 years
TPCI run : 9 years"

Yet defunct 4Kids of all people did a better job with Pokemon than TPCi, and in less time, that is REALLY saying something there.
>>
>>24909793
Some did, some were state the obvious lines, and TPCi Ash also says "so psyched," "ya know," "ya see," "a'course," etc. on a daily basis.
>>
>>24909438
Elesa's promo voice was actually Ash's TPCi voice I believe. Definitely sounded better than what she usually does.
>>
>>24909833
Wow. You really get upset about cartoons.
>>
>>24909919
I'm more upset that TPCi managed to butcher Pokemon's dub, and make 4Kids look good than anything, really.

>>24909917
It is Natochenny, too, yet she sounded better as Elesa in like 20 seconds than as Ash or his mom in like 9 years...how the fuck is that even possible?
>>
>>24909438
>>Skyla's voice = FUCK NO
Fite me irl nigger.

I don't even like Skyla but damn if her dub voice didn't make me wanna fuck that bitch three ways from Sunday. Incidentally, they would later pull the same shit with Shauna.

Dub staff is really good at getting hot chicks to sound exactly that.
>>
>>24911018
I agree, and you should know it's Natochenny, too.

I don't even get it.

The dub staff fuck up so badly at making main characters sound even remotely decent, but make hot chicks sound good. What the hell is up with that?
>>
>>24911018
Like I don't even fucking get it: Ash and Delia sound so damn awful when Natochenny voices them, yet Elesa and Skyla sound good? Does TPCi even know what characters are important?
>>
>>24901364
Damn straight OP, wish I knew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQlKo9-UA70
>>
The Pokemon dub is the definition of low-budget. I thought the recent Bang Zoom dubs with the anime conventions hires and kids from the fandub circuit were bad, but the Pokemon dub's a real piece of work.

>>24911059
Speaking of voices, the guy with the glasses and beard's voice reminds me of CWC.

I forgot how awful Natochenny sounded in Diamond and Pearl.
>>
>>24911135
TPCi clearly don't give a shit, honestly, I hate to say it but there's no denying 4Kids did a better job with Pokemon than TPCi has at this point. They seriously need to export this shit to whoever dubbed Origins, at least the Anime dub would be watchable, DuArt is slaughtering it now.

Hahaha he does!

Natochenny was indeed terrible in DP, and her XY take is even worse: Ash went from sounding like a man on steroids there, to a butch lesbian smoker nowadays. Cathcart gets worse ever saga, enough said, and even Knotz has lost it in XY.
>>
>>24908227

>TPCi
>nostalgia

...What?
>>
>>24911209
They've been dubbing it for like 9 years, must be one of the dumb kids who grew up with it.
>>
So we all know TPCi are shit dubbers is confirmed at this point, but how bad do you guys think they'll fuck up the 20th Anniversary?

Can't be this bad...can it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsghDgfRGIA
>>
>>24901364

The only solution is to redub the entire series from the beginning with an entirely new cast. This will never happen because money, of course. And the fact that it would take 8-10 years just to catch up, if they worked at a breakneck pace. But this way they could do a true-to-the-original dub, not omit any episodes or scenes, do it like it should have been done. They're doing this with Sailor Moon, if they ever do it with Pokรฉmon it'll be years from now.
>>
File: screenhunter_253-may-12-18-20.jpg (54 KB, 580x320) Image search: [Google]
screenhunter_253-may-12-18-20.jpg
54 KB, 580x320
>>24901364
The only redeeming quality about the current is that Ash sounds like he aged a little. But still, as much as i wish 4kids would take it back, i don't think they should anymore. The original series was wacky at times, so the general humor in the voice-acting matched well with it. With the anime today established the way it is, I just dont see 4kids returning again.
>>
>>24911223
Oh, it won't be that bad.

It'll be worse.
>>
>>24911231
Beats what we have now, I'd take it, a new cast cannot possibly fuck up worse than Cathcart and company's dubbing at this point. At the rate DuArt's going, wouldn't be surprised if we get none of the Japanese OST in the next Series and more errors and edits.

Should add Veronica Taylor and Rachael Lillis have voiced characters in that Viz Media Sailor Moon dub, it's a win-win situation for Pokemon to ditch DuArt and go there permanently. Taylor is even Sailor Pluto in that dub, not kidding, she may reprise her old roles if Viz got the rights.

>>24911240
If this were say, DP, I'd agree with you on his current voice, but it's been awful since around BW even if that were true (which it isn't)- it doesn't even sound like a guy anymore, just a butch lesbian smoker. Not to mention Ash never fucking ages, and he's always going to be 10, actually, that's the main reason why I think Natochenny is a shit Ash, aside from her monotone acting.

4Kids' actors could do serious scenes quite well, actually, go see the Jirachi and Lucario films. Anyway, 4Kids won't be coming back regardless since they're defunct, but goddamn, anyone would be a savior from DuArt at this point.
>>
File: noplsno.jpg (3 KB, 125x96) Image search: [Google]
noplsno.jpg
3 KB, 125x96
>>24911249
Well, we know the Japanese OST is mostly gonna be wiped out if we get another special, so you have a point...and alliterating and rhyming Team Rocket...and dumbed down dialogue...and more awful voice acting...and...
>>
>>24911265

>cannot possibly fuck up worse

I know you hate the dub, but seriously.

Don't say things that aren't true. Thing can ALWAYS be worse.
>>
>>24911614
How, exactly?
>>
>>24914054
I remember seeing The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon when it first aired and thinking the voice acting could only get better.
Then it kind of did when they redubbed it for DVD, but then it never improved again.
>>
should've gone to Bang Zoom!
>>
>>24914807
Exactly.

>>24914085
Then they actually started deteriorating as time went on, really.
>>
>>24901364
Do kids in the west even watch the Pokรฉmon anime? Don't they have it at like 8AM on Saturdays?

I feel bad for this generation of kids growing up right now, is there any anime playing on major television stations at all aimed at kids not in dead slots?
>>
>>24915077
Yeah, more or less around 7-8 AM.

Not really, just the awful Beyblade: Shogun Steel dub as well.
>>
>>24909847
Wow, he's a fucking kid.
>>
>>24905620

I can never unhear Amy Rose.
>>
>>24909187
Fun fact: The gen 2 berries were nuts in the tcg, which is the closest to an official depiction we've ever had of the things.
>>
>>24915383
The word is too broad to be translated correctly into English when you HAVE to use the same word in every instance. Cheri is clearly a berry and Oran is clearly a fruit, and as you said the gen 2 berries were nuts. "Ki no mi" can mean either of the three, so it IS going to fuck over a translation like this.
>>
>>24915255
Shut up Iris.
>>
>>24915285
FUCK
>>
>>24901470
that and "flame" type pokemon.
>>
>>24916671

How about your TPCi Electrode that is a Voltorb instead?

Or "Earth" type attacks?

Goddamn TPCi has done their own stupid shit errors like 4Kids did, the double standard is appalling.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pue5JPu_-Ik
What the fuck did Palermo say on 1:01 - 1:12?
>>
>>24919228
>palermo
DON'T DO THAT

anyways, she said serena doesn't have what it takes to become a kalos queen and in her current state she will never be able to beat elle
>>
So it's pretty much agreed 4Kids did a better dub of Pokemon than TPCi here, right? I agree.
>>
>>24901364
They should just stop changing the music. The dub music in X/Y is utter garbage.
>>
>>24901470
I remember in the episode where Jessie first caught her Seviper, 4kids did actually called them rice balls.
>>
>>24905620
But Lisa Ortiz's voice makes muh dick hard...
>>
>>24921983
4Kids also called them riceballs in Episode 55 of the Original Series "Pokemon Paparazzi," and Episode 40 of Advanced Generation as well- too many idiots don't know this, I commend you.

>>24922015
(Same, but hardly excuses the shit TPCi have done to everything else.)

>>24921975
With this guy myself >>24920257
>>
>>24908227
Pretty sure Best Wishes is worse than DP
>>
>>24922354
Obviously the show was, but the BW dub was a little better than the cancer tier DP dub since they didn't fuck around with the OST as much and TR cut their alliteration out for a bit, not that it matters given XY's dub is god-awful.
>>
no, no, the dub is better now

sorry Cathcart triggers you guys but it is
>>
4kids' dub was far from good but damn they knew how to make a soundtrack.
>>
>>24922610

Explain or you're full of shit.

And no, the dub is at its absolute worst now, for several reasons.

Cathcart has only a little to do with it, he's one of many problems.
>>
>>24922626
As well as how to hire voice actors who could act worth a damn, and a script writer who didn't think slang smothered with alliteration was the height of humor. That's not to mention 4Kids at least kept more of the Japanese OST than TPCi has at this point.

4Kids butchered some of their other shows, but goddamn, their Pokemon dub was way more watchable than TPCi's.
>>
>>24922634

I'm sorry I prefer the dub where Ash at least APPROACHES sounding like Matsumoto, instead of a whiny kid who drank helium
>>
>>24915285
That's because she uses the same voice for literally every character she's ever voiced with the exception of Sabrina and the little girl from the Victini movie who had fuck all line anyway.
>>
>>24922677

That doesn't bother me and there are tons of characters who use only one voice.

Speaking of which what's with the people who do these contrite slam pieces on the dub VAs? So Natochenny smokes. What fucking business is it of ours what an adult does on her own?
>>
>>24922664
Natochenny sounds nothing like Matsumoto. Natochenny as Ash sounds like a woman who smoked 20 packs, and got a sore throat, that's sure as hell no boy ever on this planet. Bonus points for the fact Natochenny does smoke in real life.

"whiny kid"

Ash is forever 10- he should sound like a kid, you idiot. Like, what's next, you preferring TPCi's alliterating Team Rocket?

Shit taste.
>>
>>24922677
True.

>>24922684
Then you have no idea what "vocal range" means.

It's definitely a problem- smoking has a biological effect on the nodules of the tongue, and it does affect the sound of an actor.
>>
>>24922696

They framed it "Oh no the voice of Ash Ketchum is smoking what a poor role model!"

Sorry but I don't give a fuck about that kind of concern trolling.
>>
>>24922684
Natochenny smoking isn't the problem. The problem is that it affects her voice, preventing her from doing her job to the best of her ability. Of course TCPi have zero concern for quality so this is allowed to continue.

Michelle Knotz can do good voices, but she is a complete bitch to anyone who so much as implies that they prefer Rachel Lillis.

Tom Wayland, though he has since been fired for being a filthy rapist, has gone on record as stating that he doesn't care about the quality of the dub so long as the ratings stay up.
>>
>>24922700
That IS sort of a poor role model, though, I mean would you like it if your hero had the voice of a smoker? I wouldn't.

I digress, though, that's not the point- it's that Natochenny is unfitting for Ash because her voice doesn't fit the character. That said, another problem is she can't vary her emotions well if you ask me.
>>
>>24922704
I'd say Knotz could do good voices, because her May was always awful, and her Misty as well as Jessie went to shit later on. Regardless, I agree on all accounts.
>>
>>24922709
Natochenny has got steadily worse since she took over. It's like she's taken all the early criticism to heart and completely given up trying to act and is just reading lines for a paycheck.
>>
TCPi's Pokemon's dub has to be one of the worst I've heard because almost every voice sounds unnatural and/or stilted.

It's been years and I still can't get used to Natochenny's Ash, and anyone says anything I didn't care about his previous VA's performance much.
>>
>>24922712
Knotz's Jessie has gone to shit in recent seasons, but it was good in Battle Frontier. Hell, Cathcart's James was good in Battle Frontier as well. His Meowth and especially Oak have always been awful though. What really pisses me off is that when Stuart Zagnit (the original Oak) came back to voice Cedric Juniper in BW, he allegedly asked if he could resume his role as Professor Oak and they said no. I don't have a source for that, but if it's true then TCPi are literally the Nazi party reincarnated.
>>
>>24922704

Natochenny sounds the same as when she started. I don't think it has had any influence at all. She's not the first prominent voice actor to do it, either.

For Knotz all I've seen is her fucking not respecting people who get in her face about it.

Do you have a source on that Wayland quote or is it like that "Rachel Lillis had a fight with X" shit above? Because news flash she's made appearances with other VAs from the current iteration of the show over the years and there's no bad blood there
>>
>>24922717
I hate to agree, but you're right, early on it was just the acting that was shit, the voice was OK. Now, both the voice and acting are shit, Natochenny's Ash is grating as hell these days.

>>24922724
Same, and that's just the voices- the script is abysmally written, the music replacement has reached levels worse than that of 4Kids, among making similar errors and edits 4Kids would nowadays.
>>
>>24922734
Wayland said that to some fan at a convention or some shit.
>>
>>24922731

Yes because that'd totally be respectful to the new guy. Firing him from a role he's had at this point longer than the original dude
>>
>>24922731
I do agree on all accounts.

Oh, and it's true, I saw that on a Bulbapedo trivia page during BW, that Stan Hart/Stuart Zagnit asked DuArt if he could voice again, and they said "no."
>>
>>24922737

Wow. What a fucking smoking gun that is
>>
>>24922740
Dude, Cathcart has been on the show since Episode 1, and has more than enough voices in the current dub that losing Professor Oak would not be a big deal. He is also the current script-writer, so he has more than enough to keep him occupied without Oak. That and Zagnit is still enthusiastic about the role and has actually dressed up as Professor Oak in real life and done appearances as the character.
>>
>>24922709

What would I think? I'd think that it's none of my god damned business what a grown ass human being does to indulge herself. Smoking isn't inherently bad you god damned five year olds. What next? Hating them for drinking beer? Having sex with consenting adults? Are you fucking Puritans?
>>
>>24922740
Bear in mind the new guy is James Cathcart, who was sockpuppeting on forums stroking his ego as OldGuardTruthSeeker for his James voice during BF.

>>24922737
I have the source for Wayland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBnHSkTjXJQ
>>
>>24922750
It's not inherently bad, I'm just saying I get what they're saying, but again the effect smoking has on the voice is undeniable.
>>
>>24922747

And that entitles him to the role why?

Oak isn't even a regular character anymore. He doesn't appear frequently enough to justify giving the role to someone who isn't a regular cast member who appears only a handful of times a generation
>>
>>24922762
He technically voiced him in more episodes, and he was the original Cathcart was hired to be a sound-alike for in the first place...just saying.

It kinda justifies it more since Oak is so minor you could bring his original VA back, heck, TPCi did it for Giovanni.
>>
>>24922756

WHAT EFFECT? She sounds the fucking same as when she started! She's also done plenty of voices for Pokemon over the years so I'm not seeing the damage its allegedly done. Maybe Ash sounds coarse voiced because that's how he's meant to be portrayed.

>>24922751

I've never seen a smoking gun that was him. But whatever you say dude.
>>
>>24922771

Giovanni actually had a fairly sizable story arc in BW. That's not really comparable.
>>
>>24922787
Not at all: when she started out, Natochenny's voice was considerably smoother and less raspy, though kind of nasally. You can hear it in her Delia voice in BW142's dub as well, it's definitely had an effect, or her Johanna voice from DP, also notable there.

Okay, just check Serebii and Bulbapedo for Cathcart's sockpuppeting (old guard truthseeker) if you don't believe me though- Rogers (TPCi Brock, as NewBrock) and him were doing it together.

During DP, Cathcart also said TPCi TR is funnier than Japanese TR.
>>
>>24922790
At that point, sure, but they let Lewis take over in DP, when Giovanni didn't do crap.

Not to mention Contesta was given back to Pollock late into DP, and he does nothing.
>>
>>24922795

I've seen "NewBrock"'s posts. He's pretty upfront about the fact that he's the new voice of Brock in his first fucking post, he just doesn't give his first name initially. Newsflash - THAT'S NOT WHAT A SOCKPUPPET IS.

again, I have no smoking gun on the Cathcart stuff, and I don't fucking care what his opinion on the various versions is. A guy favors his own work? Gee, what a fucking scoop. My entire worldview is changed.
>>
>>24922799

yes, and these days, Oak doesn't do crap either.

They hand roles out like that to people who are ALWAYS AROUND. That's pretty typical. Judging by Oak's older actor coming back and doing collectively ONE role since, as well as the fact he had only a handful of other ones to begin with, I would assume he's not always around.
>>
>>24922812
Yes, but notice Rogers hid his name for one thing refusing to give it out at the time, and kept kissing Cathcart's butt by saying "OGT is right," or "I am glad OGT liked my work," etc.

It's not that it bothers me he likes his work, it's that he said he was better than Lewis or Stuart, and then put down Hayashibara, Miki, and Inuyama's version later to boost his own ego.
>>
>>24922795

I also had absolutely no issue with her role as Johanna. I went back and checked it, and I'm just plain not hearing what you're saying. I'm sorry?
>>
>>24922826
Exactly my point, so why not let Zagnit reprise the role then? Lewis still is in XY, and again, Giovanni isn't doing shit.

That I will give you is a fair point, but I'm sure if TPCi wanted to, they could give Hart more work.
>>
>>24922837
It's kind of deep and a little masculine for a woman, but besides the point, I feel it's mainly because TPCi don't give a shit about the quality of the dub for why Natochenny sounds the way she does to many people, etc.
>>
>>24922836

>Yes, but notice Rogers hid his name for one thing refusing to give it out at the time

did you fucking read his first fucking post? He fucking gave his reasons for not fucking name out. That's NOT SOCKPUPPETING. Newsflash, people are not OBLIGATED TO TELL YOU THINGS THEY DON'T WANT TO BECAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKING FAN.

and so? Stuart has said stuff to that effect himself, and not just about Pokemon.
>>
>>24922860
Ignore that, I can look past it, it's his lauding of OGT that bothers me there.

Stuart wasn't working on the shows when he did it, though, and if you recall he apologized for his bad joke a while back- now if he didn't apologize, I'd have held it against him, but he did so I have no problem with the man.
>>
>>24922854

Johanna is a woman in what, her fucking thirties? I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with making her deep.

>>24922845

You missed my point. Oak typically says a handful of lines and then disappears for entire episodes at a time. He also seems to act pretty infrequently judging by his IMDB page, so I'd question his regular availability in eneral.
>>
>>24922875
Makes more sense than Ash or Delia having deep voices, I'll give you that.

Fair enough, but they could at least direct Cathcart better than the way he's voicing Oak now. Listen to him in Mastermind and now- difference is night and day.

>Oak typically says a handful of lines and then disappears for entire episodes at a time

But then Zagnit could be viable at the same time since he could show up for said episodes though...
>>
Didn't one or two of the TPCi VAs do hentai dubs?
>>
>>24922890
Cathcart and Knotz both did. That said, Cathcart is technically a 4kids actor, he just never left.
>>
>>24922870

Eric Stuart has shown his ass over the Pokemon dub, the Yugioh dub, and various others.

And oh my god, he apologized? That's fucking great. Funny thing about apologies though; the people you insult with them are not under any obligation to accept it, like people seem to keep claiming about Knotz and the others. If someone used a tragedy to fucking insult me and my career, then I'm sorry, they don't deserve my forgiveness.

In the end, it amounts to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDqatJPvOfk
>>
>>24922894
Yeah- I heard on here Michele Knotz did Sextra Credit and Big Boobs Buster 1990, and James Cathcart also did Sextra Credit. Not my problem with them or the dub, but yes.
>>
>>24922884

who's to say what his availability is? we DON'T KNOW.

Also, I looked up the Contesta thing and that was because Craig Blair fucking left the show in season 13, which was followed by Pullock's return. so your counter example was flawed from the beginning.
>>
>>24922884
>Makes more sense than Ash or Delia having deep voices, I'll give you that.

Except Ash HAS A DEEP VOICE. That's how Rica played him. Between Taylor, Natochenny, and Matsumoto, only Taylor has played him like his balls haven't dropped.

and no offense, but I fucking resent Taylor's performance for leading to the image the fandom of Ash had a wimp, because that's how she plays him, and how the 4Kids dub wrote him for years. A wimpy five year old whose mom has to remind him to pack underwear. I had this view before the voice actors even changed, and it only increased when I first heard Matsumoto and before I even was aware of Natochenny's take.

I don't like Veronica Taylor's Ash. Plain and simple.
>>
>>24922899
To be fair, he doesn't work on the Pokemon dub anymore to begin with, the cast switch was handled pretty abruptly, and Stuart did own up to his bad joke- not accepting an apology is just as immature as making said joke on Knotz's part.

As for Yu-Gi-Oh, Stuart did quote LK's "leather pants" for a fan when they asked him nicely to do so.

The said tragedy never occurred, though, it was prevented and no one got hurt- it's different from that video, though I laughed.
>>
>>24922920

No, it's not just as immature. It's nowhere near. You are not under obligation to accept the apology of someone who uses a tragedy to mock your livelihood, when they only apologized because they got caught.

Referencing Leather Pants isn't anywhere near what I'm talking about. The guy was right there behind a lot of the decisions between 4Kids' multiple hatchet jobs.
>>
>>24922909
Exactly, meaning he could or could not return- so, we're both right there.

My counter does have merit because Blair voiced Brandon in Season 12, which is after Lewis reprised the role of Giovanni in Season 11, case closed.

>>24922919

Now? Maybe. Before? Nope. In OS, her voice was much higher pitched and young sounding. Plus, Ash's balls shouldn't have dropped yet, he's 10, not 13. In that regard, Taylor did his voice better, it sounds like an actual kid.

That's fine, but

> A wimpy five year old whose mom has to remind him to pack underwear.

Ash never sounded five in the dub, and the underwear joke came back in the TPCi dub in BW001, so...

Likewise I don't like Sarah Natochenny's Ash, to each their own. I have to ask what you thought of Kayzie Rogers, though, I'm curious.
>>
>>24922932
Again, said "tragedy" never occurred, though, it was prevented, and no one got hurt. Plus, Stuart even acknowledges that in the very joke he made, saying "Now that the two dangerous idiots have been caught," "thank goodness no one was hurt," so...yeah, Knotz is more immature on this one.

Check this guy's video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD78hiU3QcY
>>
>>24922932
Oh ok, thought you were one of LK's fans, my mistake.

To my knowledge, all Eric did was voice direct the GX dub, the DM dub, and the only production he was in charge of the Jirachi Wish-Maker dub for Pokemon (which I have to say was very well dubbed, probably the best dub to ever come from 4Kids).

Also, Eric is actually a nicer guy than you'd think, I saw his FaceBook posts and:

http://i.imgur.com/GvoksbK.png
http://i.imgur.com/tbDm5IK.png
http://i.imgur.com/bORZZCM.png
>>
>>24922948

It's still fucking awful to use an instance where someone could have DIED to insult someone

And again, a victim of a thing is not under any obligation to apologize to the person who hurt them. Knotz is justified in continuing to resent him. Especially since what he apologized for was the tastelessness of the line, NOT taking potshots at their career.

>>24922953

All I see is him being nice to his friends.
>>
>>24922899
Not to mention I heard Knotz's boyfriend Smith said he supports children getting shot, which isn't even true: http://i.imgur.com/eS5HozB.png
>>
>>24922953

Sorry I missed the other two

Okay he can be decent still. That doesn't magically erase everything else he's said.
>>
>>24922967

Do you have a source on her boyfriend saying that? Because I've never seen a source on it, just more "take our word for it" crap
>>
>>24922965
The key words there being "could have," though, but no one was hurt and Stuart even acknowledged that in said joke when he made it so...I don't see the problem, especially since he apologized.

Where's proof of that? Knotz even admitted he said he was sorry to her and she herself called him a "disgusting human being" in the same line.

I'm not even a friend of his, these are public posts of his on FaceBook, you can find them searching through Stuart's FaceBook. Again, if someone was hurt and Stuart didn't acknowledge it or apologize for making a joke about it, I'd be on your side, but that's not what happened.
>>
>>24922979

I've not seen anywhere where he apologized for what he said about the other dub, just about using the shooting to make that point.

And even if he did, my point about THE VICTIM NOT BEING UNDER OBLIGATION TO ACCEPT IT still stands.
>>
>>24922968
No problem, it's ok.

Not excusing the joke, it was in bad taste, but just saying he owned up to what he said and apologized, so that's why I've got nothing against Stuart.

>>24922971
This guy in two of his videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD78hiU3QcY and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9FvFCbUDOs, and it was on Smith's tumblr when the whole thing started, I was around when Smith said it, wish I screen-capped it but Smith said word for word, "If you support Eric Stuart, then you think it's funny for kids to be shot."
>>
>>24922993

So you're saying you have no proof of it other than people saying it totally happened
>>
>>24909356
XY Openings have been fine

Be a Hero should be longer
>>
>>24922985
I've got the apology Knotz confirmed as proof he did own up to his bad joke either way: http://i.imgur.com/rodMXWz.png

Fair enough, but Stuart did own up to his mistake, so I can't hold it against him at this point either.
>>
>>24923004
>says he needs to let it go
>calls him a disgusting human being

She needs to let it go too.
>>
>>24922998
He deleted it, but I'm 100% sure it's true, I saw it myself first hand at the time, and this guy in the videos isn't lying, he was there as well. There's also this guy who said Smith did say it: http://i.imgur.com/t5aCovT.png. No bull, Smith did indeed say that, many people have confirmed it's true.
>>
>>24923004

Nothing's she's said here is wrong besides some stupid pedantry about how many years it's been. Stuart has been taking pot shots about the new dub for years. There's nothing to say he's going to stop, and just apologizing doesn't mean that's coming to an end. In fact, apologies are too fucking easy; just making one does not earn forgiveness by default. It's the same as that South Park BP video; anyone can SAY they're sorry, because it takes next to no effort on the part of the person who fucked up at all.
>>
>>24923010
Exactly.
>>
>>24923019

A PM of someone saying it's true is fucking nothing. It's less than nothing. It's also easy to fake, especially with the mob mentality this fandom has. Aren't all of these people FRIENDS, also?
>>
>>24923026
To be fair, if I was replaced like that, I'd be a little upset myself. Taylor, Blaustein, and Lillis also took jabs at the new dub at times (in terms of its quality,) and Stuart did say he wasn't angry at the current actors, too, just TPCi, in one video I saw on YouTube- Ichibancon 2012 with Taylor, IIRC.

The "disgusting human being" part was pretty low on Knotz's part, though, as well. Eric hasn't done anything like that since, though, if he does then I'll take your side, but since he hasn't he doesn't have much fault now.
>>
>>24923030
I do have a screencap tumblr post Smith had, lauding Cathcart, from where I read what these guys are confirming Smith saying "Stuart supports kids getting shot," though- http://i.imgur.com/FDdDHUd.png.

That can be said for Knotz, LK, and Chris Niosi, though as well...

Just ask anyone on tumblr, they'll tell you Chris Smith did say it, it's not just these guys and me who saw it.
>>
>>24923035

If I were replaced I'd fucking be a professional and keep my mouth shut, or talk about the people who dropped me and NOT the production.

"You don't suck your WORK sucks" isn't being fucking decent.

I don't know how many times I need to repeat the fact that Knotz isn't under obligation to accept his apology or change her opinion of him. Especially after, again, he did something gross.

Tell me, how does an apology show any actual regret or capacity to change. It's just fucking words. What effort is there in making it?

This "well X apologized so Y has to treat him like a friend" bullshit is grade school level indoctrination that lets people continue to get off the hook.

And what's this about Stuart threatening her boyfriend?
>>
>>24923048

So... Smith saying something good about Cathcart after Stuart said something else means that he definitely said this other thing?

What kind of stupid backwards as logic is that?

Oh everyone would corroborate it. Sure. That's convincing. They would have done the same decades ago about Butterfree dying in the original version of the epidode where he leaves.

Sorry but I'm not convinced at all.
>>
>>24923054
But Stuart did only "talk about the people who dropped me and NOT the production," though, before this joke, which he apologized for making anyway. Blaustein said Mastermind dub had bad sound mixing, Taylor said that acting was bad in it, etc. So it's not just him, either way.

It's not targeting the person, though, just not liking their work, I can see that.

Didn't say that, but she is obligated not to call him a "disgusting human being" or be pedantic about years passing like you said earlier.

If said action is not repeated in the future, which so far, Stuart did hold himself to.

Not a friend, but just like another human.

Smith tried to flame Stuart for said joke with said "children getting shot," were you not around when this went around or...?
>>
>>24923071
You misunderstood me, I'm saying it was on this very tumblr Smith said that "children getting shot" thing and his twitter- he deleted those posts later on, though.

I get your point there, but in this case, it did happen, not lying.

It's ok.
>>
>>24923071
>this went down

Damn autocorrect, sorry.
>>
>>24923090

Pedantic isn't what she did. Pedantic is taking her words and going "UHM ACTUALLY IT HAS NOT BEEN A DECADE IT HAS ONLY BEEN ALMOST A DECADE."

I'm not talking about what Smith did. What's she talking about when se says Stuart threatened her boyfriend?
>>
>>24923095

The burden of proof is on you, and no offense, but given the precedent, of calling Brock's new voice actor a sock puppet when he wasn't?

You're not trust worthy.

I'm sorry but you're not.
>>
>>24923099
That is technically true, so...nitpicking, sure, but it's true.

No clue? Maybe telling his fans that, "FaceBook is full of knuckleheads, I still believe in humanity... "

>>24923103

OGT was a sockpuppet though, that's James Cathcart, and NewBrock was partially one if you think about it, why was he praising Cathcart.

That could go tenfold for you- you haven't linked a single image or anything to prove your claims at all.

Either way, believe what you want, but these guys aren't lying, I'm sure of it since I was online when it went down.
>>
>>24923103
>Cathcart under a psuedonym like NewBrock?

Again, you're free to believe what you want, though.
>>
>>24923113

I don't know. Why does he need a reason for defending his subjective opinion of a coworker?

What proof do I need to give? He directed the GX dub, which is as bad and overall flawed as the original series. He's implicit in every edit and change that series made.
>>
>>24923116

I'm talking about the claim that "Smith totally said this"

NewBrock wasn't a sock puppet because he fucking said he was a voice actor and gave his reasons for why he wasn't saying his name AT THE TIME.
>>
>>24923128
Because Rogers wouldn't admit OGT was indeed James Cathcart. Instead, Rogers was lauding JCC for whatever he was saying online, be it true or false, even agreeing with him and loving when JCC praised his statements, specifically on the 4Kids actors being approached to work on the TAJ dub (which they confirmed many times they were not).

Thing is Eric only VOICE directed the first season of the GX dub, though, he wasn't responsible for the editing or censorship etc- that was done by the creative team behind the dub at 4Kids. So...yeah, no.

>>24923134
I understand that, but I don't have a screencap of that before he deleted what he said off tumblr and twitter, so yeah, you're entitled to not believe me on that one if you don't want to, even though I'm personally sure I saw that.

Ok, maybe I said it the wrong way then, sorry, what I meant was basically Rogers was aiding JCC in his damage-controlling of the forums back then.
>>
>>24923150

I give up. Everything the current dub group does is a fucking conspiracy. Sure. Even shit nearly a decade old. Whatever. Have fun in your bitter little world.
>>
>>24923156
It's not a conspiracy, it's just exactly what's been going on, but if you think not liking what some of them act like = bitter, then to each his own I guess. Rogers even lied about Wayland leaving to work on other stuff in New York this year (ask technickal on Bulbagarden, he'll confirm it), Dogasu even said that was bull, because as we all know Wayland raped a woman.
>>
>>24923156
And to top it off, Cathcart and Knotz commenting on random YouTube videos, spamming hate or sarcastic comments, doesn't help me like TPCi's cast much as people, these are only from like 1-2 years ago, and they're doing stuff like this online, but I don't see you holding them, or Rogers, to even a fraction of what you do for Stuart, even after the latter apologized for his joke and never, ever did stuff like these three have.

Cathcart, 2013:

http://i.imgur.com/PhxuPJv.png
http://i.imgur.com/3Ts5ZeO.png

Knotz, 2014:

http://i.imgur.com/HW2jGQt.png
>>
>>24923164

I haven't said anything about Wayland. I have no idea why Rogers said what he did, or why, and neither do you. He could be mistaken. He could be under a different impression. He could have been told one thing by people above him and neither do you. I don't fucking know.

Since when does Dogasy have any insider details on the dub? Who the hell is this person on Bulbapedia?

If Wayland indeed so this, he's fucking scum. That's all I have to say about Wayland.
>>
>>24923194

That first one is a little childish.
The second one is nothing.
The third is Knotz not appreciating a negative video made about her.

You make mountains out of mole hills. All you've accomplished is proving to me that Cathcart is as immature as Stuart.
>>
>>24923164

Also he apparently IS doing other work because he has a role in the dub of Yugioh Arc-V
>>
>>24923199
I guarantee Bill Rogers knowingly lied, given he said this via the technickal guy I mentioned, after the Amber Marie Frazier rape case by Tom Wayland came to light.

Dogasu obviously doesn't, it was in the following thread posted on Bulbagarden before they deleted it, and started their new forums. I'll even provide said dead link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f321/so-does-anyone-know-who-theresa-buchheister-person-185404/index2.html

Good to know we're on the same page on Wayland, if nothing else.
>>
>>24923231
He DID, but was booted out of that as well.
>>
>>24923204
Indeed.
He looked up the old SOVA to comment that.
It wasn't even a negative video, Knotz attacked it herself for no reason, see for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_8_QtLtN0k
Knotz is just as immature as Cathcart at this point.
Compared to these two and Rogers, Stuart is a saint.
>>
>>24923236

Again, what's the proof that he lied, that he wasn't mistaken, under orders to say something different, or literally anything else? All I keep seeing is a bunch of fucking speculation about why Rogers said anything.

Also your link doesn't load.

>>24923242

Do you have a source? Because I haven't seen anyone else credited as the voice of Skip Boyle?

He's also apparently in the 2nd Gundam the Origin.
>>
>>24923249

... You do realize Knotz is likely talking about the people in the COMMENTS bashing here, right?

Whatever though. This is so meaningless in the grand scheme of things. This isn't even SPAM.

Mountains. Molehills.
>>
>>24923270
>>24923270
Here's proof Rogers isn't telling the truth at any rate on Wayland: http://www.amberunmasked.com/rape-anime-boston-feb2015/. As for Rogers, either way, TPCi tells him a lot of stuff to say be it true or not.

Hence the words "dead link" as the thread has been deleted, that is where this was said.

Billy Bob Thompson is who I've heard is now Skip Boyle, but no source just yet, and as for Gundam, I have this source from his BTVA page: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Tom-Wayland/
>>
>>24923294

for the love of shit. Listen to me. I know about the accusations. What I DO NOT know is what impressions Rogers is under, what he thinks he believes, or ANYTHING ELSE. And NEITHER DO YOU.

I don't even know where he allegedly said what he did about why Wayland isn't on the staff.
>>
>>24923276
How so? Given Knotz posted a comment not replying to anyone first.

Meaning Knotz basically Youtube searched a random May video that only asked people who they'd rather see voice May in the dub, and then commented on it later, blaming the direction, when Wayland himself said he just nudged the actors to start with. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii1R7cCdq-Y. Totally immature of Knotz to do this.

Yup, but when Stuart apologizes for his joke, and never resorts to spamming online videos criticizing him, it's suddenly not ok in his case. Wtf logic is that?
>>
>>24923308
So then TPCi is either telling Rogers lies which he then tells people to cover up for them, or Rogers knowingly did so. Either way, someone's at fault.

In that thread that was deleted, there was the link, but they got rid of it.
>>
>>24923317

This isn't spam. This is barely ANYTHING. Do you fucking scour the Internet for anything you people can use to make these people out to be disgusting villains? This? Compared to a major social media post?

What the fuck ever.
>>
>>24923324

So I have to take you word for it on more stuff. What was in the thread. What was said where. What Rogers may or may not believe. Whether or not Wayland has been recast on two different shows.

How much more do you expect me to fucking take you on good faith?
>>
>>24923326
Just because something is more prominent, doesn't mean it's necessarily true. No, heard about this from the zatch guy's links to that Anime guy's journals, saw what they had to say and I was stunned at their actions.

Makes no sense- Stuart is far from perfect, but he's very obviously a nice person compared to Knotz, Cathcart, Wayland, and Rogers at any rate.
>>
>>24923334
>doesn't mean it's necessarily true

YOU POSTED A SCREEN CAP OF HIS POST ABOUT THE SHOOTING YOURSELF
>>
>>24923329
You have this video as solid proof either Rogers,or TPCi are lying to him, and he's spouting bull either way in some form (see the 21 minute mark): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ecb9-m2v4

Who the current director, Buchheister, was, around the 3rd page of said thread, fair there, and yes.

I don't entirely: see for yourself.
>>
>>24923341
I'm referring to the social media flaming of Stuart, obviously.
>>
>>24923341
And by that, I mean that what Smith and co. were trying to paint Stuart as wasn't really true.
>>
>>24923344

I went to the 21 minute mark and he doesn't say anything at all about Wayland
>>
>>24923363
I meant that Rogers has lied in one form or another, not about the whole Wayland thing. To quote one of the comments there:

"So TPCi didn't even TELL their actors that the original actors were forcibly switched? How are the actors supposed to trust them if they cover up the truth?

Lying scum.........."

So Rogers here in 2014 said this, but in 2006, said oh 4Kids' VAs can't come onto TAJ dub = Bullshit
>>
>>24923369

I can't even follow your logic anymore. You get more and more incoherent.

You're also not even considering the possibility that Rogers was told that, and was later corrected about it between being hired and making his posts on Serebii. Or that perhaps he's not fully remembering everything which is a natural thing to do after ALMOST A FUCKING DECADE.
>>
>>24923378

>You're also not even considering the possibility that Rogers was told that,

I am, so maybe TPCi themselves tell Rogers to lie for them, plus the window between him being hired under that pretemse and shitposting on Serebii and Bulbagarden was all of like a few days.

My logic here is:

This meaning basically once Rogers found out he was cast as Brock by TPCi, and that the 4Kids' cast still worked on the dub, he was trying to do anything with JCC as OGT online to hide the shadiness of the recasting and how certain 4Kids' VAs like JCC and Kayzie Rogers were given the chance to jump ship, but not others...

At any rate, this whole thing's a mind fuck in how unprofessionally the switch was handled, really.
>>
>>24923378
>pretense

Be it Rogers' intentions or not, either him or TPCi cooked up an awful lot of bullshit here.
>>
>>24923388

I give up

I just. Give the fuck up.
>>
>>24923391
Yup, you've got nothing, enough said.
>>
Also you have TPCi treating their own fans like this, I understand the guy did some crap himself with alcohol and Pokemon, but:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20151002/17085432430/pokemon-wants-to-totally-bankrupt-one-biggest-fans-thanks-to-copyright.shtml

Sure a swell bunch of guys, right?
>>
>>24923402

And you've got a bunch of minor shit you've turned into a fucking interconnected conspiracy where you assume things are true, assume everyone has full knowledge of what everyone else had said online ever, and a bunch of shit I'm supposed to just take you at your word.

Through it all you have ONE fucking thing that's actually valid, the Wayland thing, and a bunch of shit you've built up to be more important than it actually fucking is. In fact, the very idea you'd fucking use that as ammunition in your anti-TCPi crusade to begin with is fucking disrespectful to the potential victim.

No wonder various sites have banned these discussions, because of people like you.
>>
>>24923405

Because I'm totally sure the legal team is the same people who are in charge of the fucking show
>>
>>24923409
Likewise, the exact same can be said of you.

Potential victim that was never a victim to start with, but not the real victims here, the fans who buy into the shit these egotists spread and the lies TPCi tells its fans time and again.

I have many valid things, Knotz's immaturity, Cathcart's immaturity which you yourself admitted, Rogers and/or TPCi being full of shit, and Stuart being a better person than any of these assholes.

No, because they're sucking up to TPCi, no matter how bad they treat Pokemon. They won't even let goddamn VA discussion occur there, to silence a majority of fans.
>>
>>24923417

you're the guy who was animechildhoodfan on deviantart, aren't you?

You talk just like them. Seriously, that's you isn't it?
>>
>>24923415
Didn't say that, but rather, TPCi as a company is ultimately a terrible, terrible one. From butchering the Anime dub to a point where 4Kids of all people handled it better, to hiring a rapist to direct their dub for 7 years, to hiring a new to directing theatre actress to take over for said rapist, hiring a theatre actress in 2006 with no voice over experience to take over a role done by someone who voiced said character for 8 years who is also a smoker, all the shit Cathcart, Rogers, and Knotz have done online in general, as well as harassing its fans...what is right about TPCi, exactly?
>>
>>24923422
No, but I saw the guy's journals and the zatchfan's guy videos, and they speak for themselves.

You're ElFreakinCid, right?
>>
>>24923428

I have no idea who the hell that even is. I only know who you are from doing a Google search about everything you dropped as a claim here.
>>
>>24923433
Sure you don't, because that's why you have a hate boner for Stuart, huh? I saw your comments on zatch's video, and no one agreed with you, moron.

I copied most of my stuff from that guy's links, yeah, but I ain't him. Also zatch whatever had videos that linked to his stuff in the description, too.
>>
>>24923443

Whatever dude. Think what you want.

God what was I thinking? This is several hours of my life I'll never get back.
>>
>>24923450

You were thinking you were going to make your goddess smoker Natochenny's dub look good, but it backfired, big time. How you can even listen to her croaky, shitty chain smoker voice and think, yeah, a kid should sound like I have no clue. That is shit taste, ElFreakinCid.
>>
>>24923460

At the very least I have the amusement that you are so utterly wrong about my identity

Have fun with your circle jerk, whoever you actually are
>>
>>24923465
Likewise same here haha.

Okay, but answer me this: >>24923424

I legit want an answer to this.
>>
>>24923470

I don't think you're legitimately interested in what I have to say. You've given me scraps for anyone who isn't Wayland as far as poor behavior goes. Fucking SCRAPS. I've already told of you my feelings about Natochenny's smoking and you're a god damned concern troll who thinks a grown woman can't decide what to enjoy. As for hiring Wayland for so many years, I don't understand how they were supposed to know that in 2015 this allegation would come out. I mean, Jurassic Park's casting director was charged with that kind of assault, are you gonna hold Steven Spielberg of 1994 responsible for giving him a job?

As for Wayland I've chosen to, for now, believe the victim and see how this develops, but at the same time, I consider this a wholly separate matter from the Pokemon dub entirely

But you won't listen to anything I say unless I believe the same things you do and place the same values in things as you do.

"Screwing the dub up worse than 4Kids" is subjective. I personally choose the version that doesn't have Minnesota Vilings.

What. Ever. Enjoy having the last word and caring more that a woman being sexually assaulted means you get to prove a children's anime dub is bad rather than the fact a crime was committed, you lunatic.
>>
>>24923497

Sorry that should be acting coach, not casting director
>>
>>24901518
>Typing [Embed] next to a link
You piece of shit.
>>
>>24923428
Bullshit nigger. I've been watching you bring up this same tired ass hate campaign again and again and again.

The exact same examples of bad lines
The exact same quality complaints )le chain smoking ash, le old man brock)
The exact same digging into the VAs personal lives like some sort of smear campaign
The EXACT SAME denial when called out on it.

You're more transparent than a window ACF
>>
>>24901518
Holy shit, I normally hate anime, but that scene actually made me want to give it a try again.
>>
>>24901364
Why should anyone?
>>
File: 1449382992079.png (117 KB, 267x330) Image search: [Google]
1449382992079.png
117 KB, 267x330
see, heres the BIGGEST problem with this thread

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dub
>>
>>24924834
>>24924834
>>24924834
>>
>>24923551
>Implying anyone who criticizes shit TPCi dub censorship is a piece of shit for linking a video to it.

Typical 4Kids haters, double standards everywhere.
>>
>>24924332
TPCi rep pls go.

Yes you should care about what you're doing to your own show more than external dubbers did.
>>
>>24924319
Holy shit, using your logic, jelly donuts is gold. Not to mention 4Kids did call those riceballs anyway several times as well, but people still won't let that shit go 9 years later.

Even 4Kids didn't hide fruits, carrots, and peas from people, but TPCi does, how does one usurp 4Kids in terms of idiotic censorship like TPCi has?
>>
>>24924834
>>24924867
Biggest problem is no one wants to make the dub better: it can become total shit, and people will still defend it because it's TPCi, not 4Kids, and that's beyond pathetic.
>>
>>24923497
>>24923509

"Scraps" = something, at any rate, the poor behavior exhibited by TPCi's crew exists and not once have any of them apologized for their statements if lying, something that Eric Stuart did do for a much more insignificant SCRAP using your logic, and he never, ever went on videos spamming hate comments, either, for that matter.

>Implying an acting coach for a goddamn film equals one working on it for 7 years even admitting he gave no shit about the quality of the dub?

Bullshit.

>As for Wayland I've chosen to, for now, believe the victim and see how this develops, but at the same time, I consider this a wholly separate matter from the Pokemon dub entirely

Double standards much, ElFreakinCid? It developed, you ignorant, hypocritical moron, he was kicked off the dubs of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh permanently.

>But you won't listen to anything I say unless I believe the same things you do and place the same values in things as you do.

The exact same could be said in reverse using your ill founded logic.

>"Screwing the dub up worse than 4Kids" is subjective. I personally choose the version that doesn't have Minnesota Vilings.

It's an opinion that most are beginning to agree with at this point, and I personally choose the version that doesn't have I'm not a noob, Observation! I'm an observer, Whoa, she's holdin' a Pokeball, so psyched, or Team Rocket rhyming and alliterating all the time, etc.

>What. Ever. Enjoy having the last word and caring more that a woman being sexually assaulted means you get to prove a children's anime dub is bad rather than the fact a crime was committed, you lunatic.

If I had the last word, why would you reply? Lunatic? There's more than enough proof Natochenny, Knotz, Cathcart, and Rogers alone are guilty of their own awful behavior, let alone Wayland.
>>
>>24923575
ElFreakinCid pls go.

That ACF guy doesn't even exist, u calling anyone who criticizes the dub him isn't going excuse anything.
Which they are bad lines multiple people have mentioned aside from that guy.
Most fans have made statements saying Brock sounds like an old man or Ash a smoker online, go look at the goddamn TeddyKGaming compare for Ash or read BTVA comments, I doubt multiple people from various sites can be the same guy, you fucker.
They dug their own graves in many fans eyes when they started going on random YouTube videos and posting shit, or own various fan forums, no one needs to do any digging to see this shit easily online.
That ACF guy doesn't even have a Da account now, so the fuck can someone be him because >m-muh ACF scapegoat for dub criticism.

You're so transparent it hurts, moron, either that or delusional, or both.
>>
>>24904515
Lol berries too? TPCi fucking up, no excuses.
>>
>>24901364
Because this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgtD7ABLASU

TPCi have always been jews when it comes to the Pokemon dub, not surprised that the dub has gone to shit these days, watch fansubs, much better.
>>
>>24925060
If you really wanted to be faithful and support the show you would watch the original Japanese version, not twiddle your thumbs for 5+ months for some butchered localization by the middleman, I don't care who dubs it. The moment you stop caring and watch the show as originally intended is the moment you can start enjoying it again.

Please visit /padt/, they have subs there that can help you out.
>>
>>24926029
>you're not supporting the show by watching it through an official middleman, so support the show by watching it through an unofficial middleman instead!

LOL

I love how ridiculous these dub hate circlejerk threads are
>>
File: 1404122164742.png (69 KB, 294x191) Image search: [Google]
1404122164742.png
69 KB, 294x191
>dub drama
>>
>>24926029
I have been, it's just I do care how the dub does as well, it is killing the reputation of Pokemon in the Western World.

>>24926082
>>24926140
TPCi reps pls go.
>>
>>24926280
>it is killing the reputation of Pokemon in the Western World
It... really isn't. Maybe in your little Pokemon fan communities but what matters in the grand scheme of things are the casuals and the fact is: casuals don't talk about the show anymore. No one gives a shit about it. What they care about are the games, that's where the money's at now and it's been there for a while.

Maybe in the halcyon 90s days the show was the bigger profit but that's long gone now. I sincerely doubt that a dub no one watches is somehow harming the brand name in the west. That's exaggeration to the max.
>>
What the fuck is going on in this thread? Is it literally 3 autistic people arguing back and forth?
>>
>>24928012
It didn't start that way, but then Cathcart showed up (only Cathcart could honestly believe Zagnit shouldn't have the role back) and it turned into the autistic mess you see before you.
>>
>>24928012
Autism.
>>
>>24901518

>Implying 4kids never fucked up with literal translations.

BULBASAUR USE WHIRLWIND!
>>
>>24931336

>Implying TPCi never fucked up with literal translations.

STARLY USE GUST!
THAT'S AN EARTH TYPE ATTACK!

>>24927990
Cathcart pls go.

>>24928829
Pretty much.
>>
>>24927990
>a dub no one watches

Popularity decline right there.
>>
The fad of Pokemon in the U.S. died around 2002. After that point there was no way the Pokemon anime was ever going to be extremely popular again, even if the old voices and dub scriptwriters were still working on it to this very day.
>>
>>24934267
Doesn't mean it wouldn't be much more popular than it is now, though.
>>
>>24935428
Most older fans have outgrown the anime, and little kids have never seen the older seasons.

Most of the older fans watching the anime now are the hardcore ones who stuck with it for years or come back to it time and time again.
>>
>>24909438
is there a clip video on youtube i can listen to which has all the girls talking?
>>
>>24934202

>STARLY USE GUST!

You are letting hatred blind you.

This was an error in the original. The dub actually referred to it as Whirlwind (which Starly can actually learn.)
>>
>>24935497
No excuse for Mincinno, Combuskin, etc. though. Likewise, 4Kids called rice balls what they were in EP055, AG006, and AG040, but you guys won't let that go.

What about TPCi calling Voltorb an ELECTRODE recently? Both dubbers made dumb errors, but TPCi has a terrible VA cast, awful script writing, terrible intros, and keeps less of the Japanese OST than 4Kids ever did nowadays.

Doesn't take a genius to see 4Kids' dub was better than TPCi's at this point.
>>
>>24935435
Many older fans still exist, though, and many little kids have seen the older seasons, I'll quote one to show how even they can see the dub's decline under TPCi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ9R6K1k21Y&list=PLCEE4941BA26F029D

"XxHellhoundKaitoxX 1 month ago
I saw TPCi first; I was 10 when Galactic Battles was airing. But then I think I started to like 4Kids better because Cartoon Network had Indigo League episodes up. It's an extremely well-done dub. The later productions from 4Kids were... Questionable to say the least. But the Original series dub was their golden age.

I just feel like everyone screams their lines in TPCi; it's annoying as Hell. I tried to watch X and Y and I couldn't make it through without being bored.
Reply ยท 3
"
>>
>>24935656

I see those points brought up all the time when they say TPCi is bad... But really, in my eyes, 4kids is just as bad, if not worse at points.
>>
>>24935677
I couldn't disagree more, 4Kids' worst never even came close to bothering me one tenth as much as TPCi does.
>>
>>24935677
The XY dub is a perfect example of how TPCi is raping Pokemon's dub- 4Kids' NEVER replaced the Japanese OST like TPCi is now with the Anime and Movies- a decent amount was always intact in SOME form when they had the dub, be it the Movies or Anime, but TPCi is butchering both now with almost all dub BGM.

Not to mention the awful, awful slang filled script for Ash and alliteration rhyming for TR, no one in the TPCi dub talks like an actual human being, let alone children.

The voices...won't even start, most have echoed my thoughts on those.
>>
>>24928829
I doubt Cathcart was the only one who had a say in whether or not Zagnit would get another go at Oak. He, along with the rest of the current crew, had some kind of contract with TPCi where he'd do the role for so long, after which TPCi would elect to renew it or not (I'd imagine they've renewed it several times, given the length of their dub). I'd assume that's in part why the second batch of VAs stuck around after TAJ went under, and why Lilis or Blaustein didn't reprise Misty or Meowth.

>>24935674
I work retail, and on a particularly slow day, I had a conversation about the show with a middle school age kid after he asked me about Pokemon amiibos. He liked the old dub better and thought it was "funnier," even though Diamond and Pearl was his favorite season. He seemed to take particular issue with the "stuffed up" James voice, as well as Brock's VA. That said, he thought enough voices sounded similar enough between the two dubs to make it watchable.

Nonetheless, it's interesting to hear people who grew up with the current group of VAs and knew nothing about the "drama" surrounding the cast changes take issue with the same stuff fans who were around during the switch have problems with.
>>
>>24935847
Shame, truthfully, I'd prefer anything over the second/current batch of VAs, they somehow managed to get even more horrid under DuArt than TAJ, really. Origins' VAs were SUCH a relief from the current Anime crew, in every way- at least Papenbrook, Bosch, Hebert, and Price are good VAs, even if in the latter three's case I prefer their 4Kids VAs for those roles a bit more.

Even kids can tell Eric Stuart got the absolute worst replacements, I happen to agree with them there, what were TPCi even thinking having Brock and James both sounding like 60 year old men, only one with a cold and the other pissed off and constipated?

Kids have better taste than some of the people in this thread, never underestimate their intelligence, I always say.
>>
>>24935898
>Papenbrook
>Good VA

I thought I was the only one who liked the guy, everywhere I go I see him get nothing but shit. He's a good actor, and I like that he has a young, natural-sounding voice. He's certainly better than the dozens of promoted fandubbers and anime con hires that seem to be invading the VO industry.
>>
>>24936070
Exactly right, Papenbrook is a talented guy, his Red was music to my ears compared to Knotz's.
>>
>>24901364
Because they're cheap, low budget fucks who have no idea how to cast, direct, write, or place music.

4Kids really was much better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPZgvHx4QcA

Veronica Taylor will always be English dub Ash.
>>
>>24935656

When has a Voltorb or Electrode appeared in the anime recently?

Either way this kind of error is far more understandable than confusing Scyther for Alakazam. They look absolutely nothing alike.
>>
>>24938209
Hoopa Surprise Ring Adventures, Part 3/6.

That was an intentional joke the dub added in to mock TR, you ignorant moron.
>>
>>24938209
And what's more understandable is having voice actors who actually fit their roles, script writers who are actually competent at their job, and keeping much of the Japanese OST in my book, over fundamentally failing in all three areas like TPCi has.
>>
>>24938209
And for 4Kids saying Arbok evolves into Seviper, TPCi saying Ekans is an Arbok, so again, dumb errors on both sides- this isn't what affects a dub's quality at all compared to the other aspects.
>>
>>24909438

Shauna voice was sex as well. But I agree with that fag, they all sound older.
>>
>>24938754
For a girl, that's not right, though.

Exactly.
>>
>>24935656

> terrible intros

The XY intro rap is inexcusable, I agree.
>>
>>24938804
Well DP is the one that had more of a shitty rap, but XY did rape the original 4Kids intro, so either way it IS inexcusable like you said.
>>
Why did they even bother remaking the original Pokemon intro when CN wouldn't give them a full 90 seconds?
>>
>>24923551
It's a /vg/ mayme.
>>
>>24938610
It was an error on their part. A kid spotted it during production, but they chose to leave it in because Team Rocket. It doesn't bother me, but it was originally an error. Let's not forget, "Hurricane winds are a breeze for Pidgeotto here," and I think Meowth called a Sandslash a Sandshrew, but I could be misremembering.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.