[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss about MediciNe and Waggysaggy here. Last Thread: &g
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88
File: gn_enbu_ss021.png (112 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
gn_enbu_ss021.png
112 KB, 960x720
Discuss about MediciNe and Waggysaggy here.

Last Thread: >>24884448

Game download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ynnmmo4k9noe0cr/%E5%B9%BB%E6%83%B3%E4%BA%BA%E5%BD%A2%E6%BC%94%E8%88%9E.rar

If it has letters messed up, you'll need to download locale emulator(Sometimes just changing the applocale works, but not always):
https://mega.nz/#!q0lixKqI!n07oANzavBNSgGwWtm5Ezyuf9B0ifT36yi6Vmyi3kjo

Puppetdex, can't open online, use a spreadsheet viewer:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ozuu2sf3ovitzux/tpdp_PuppetDex_1.91.xlsx

Temporary Wiki: http://tpdp.supersanctuary.net/wiki/Main_Page

Misc link w/ optional resources: http://pastebin.com/NyBVqHVy

Trailer for the new expansion (released next commiket): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS5N0_paQME
>>
Someone get me off this fucking mountain.
>>
File: fuck.png (390 KB, 795x665) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
390 KB, 795x665
Forgot to name the title of the thread.
Going to get some sleep and renaming myself to "Nineball," now.
>>
File: shit.jpg (29 KB, 244x284) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
29 KB, 244x284
>>24900440
I've used the wrong image.
>>
File: fuck this shit.jpg (140 KB, 959x720) Image search: [Google]
fuck this shit.jpg
140 KB, 959x720
>the one place that really needs a puppet box doesn't have it
>>
>>24900440
Who the fuck is that? She scares me
>>
>>24900505
best girl stuck in a shit game
>>
Raiko a best.

Still hoping for that gif
>>
>>24900440
>>24900447
Man Nineball you just can't catch a break, can you?
>>
>>24900546
You mean this one?

>>24899144
>>
File: happyraiko.gif (5 KB, 128x136) Image search: [Google]
happyraiko.gif
5 KB, 128x136
>>24900694
Yup.

I love Raiko.
>>
So what does the dream fragment in the expansion do?
>>
>>24900720
Demo testing showed it to be apparently a 30% boost to FoATK, SpATK, and Speed.

What does the Fo in FoATK stand for? I know Sp stands for Special, but what does Fo stand for?
>>
>>24900732
Sp = Spread
Fo = Force
>>
>>24900720
Approximately a 20-30% boost to the attack stats and speed.

The catch is only a heart mark puppet can get the benefits, and so far the only known way to get a heart mark is that the starter has one.

BEGIN THE WAIFU WARS
>>
File: Th11ShotTypeMarisaA.png (194 KB, 484x156) Image search: [Google]
Th11ShotTypeMarisaA.png
194 KB, 484x156
>>24900732
It's spread and focus, referring to the shot types.
>>
Who is the most surprising puppet on the rankings?
>>
I hate my life
>>
Does anyone have a map of SDM?
>>
So as someone who didn't the play the game for almost a year I have a few questions:
-What is Extra/girl I keep hearing about?
-Will the new game have a different story from the first one?
>>
>>24900440
TARGET VERIFIED: COMMENCING HOSTILITIES
>>
Updated the pastebin with a map of the SDM's maze.

>>24900865
Guess that it's a good thing I didn't go to sleep, then.
Map to SDM's maze: http://i.imgur.com/Bt2yctF.png

>>24900868
>What is Extra/girl I keep hearing about?
Es new style called "Extra."

>Will the new game have a different story from the first one?
It's an expansion to the base game, anon; there will be new dialogue, maps, puppets, and the original story will be expanded upon.
>>
>>24900887
Thanks
>>
Fucking Remi, if her puppet were a couple levels lower, I might actually stand a chance of beating her without grinding.
>>
I'm getting a Game Data Invalid error. What to do?
>>
>>24901014
Do you have LocaleEmulator?
>>
>>24901018
>not setting your actual locale to Japan
The only programmers that code outside Unicode anyway.
>>
>>24901094
LocaleEmulator's the only thing that's going start the game properly.
>>
>>24901099
I'm in jap locale since the day I got my machine and the game works perfectly.
>>
Just skimmed through parts of the last thread and I'm pretty confused about some remarks about what this game does.
>Does every puppet have fixed four moves or do they learn different stuff? How customizable are they? Are there EV spreads, items and alternative abilities?
>How challenging is the in-game? Do they still have the retardedly high level 100 cap?
>Is there any competitive of this? Is it full of RNG abuse like high-ladder battlespot aka cancer japs? Is it just 3v3 singles and 4v4 doubles official formats, or does it support 6v6 singles of some kind?
>>
>>24901233
Game is essentially pokemon with tons of quality of life changes.

Every puppet can have 4 moves - like pokemon. You can learn any of their potential moves by just changing them out at the cost of PP outside of battle.

Every puppet can have EV values - these are specced of your choosing so you don't have to grind them up. They use PP.

There are holdable items - charms are like berries but you keep them at the end of the battle.

There are alternative abilities you can switch if your puppet has them.

Fairly easy with some notable difficulty spikes which makes you wish you didn't skip stuff.

It can be pretty competitive, just as much as pokemon, but most puppets are considered viable than what pokemon OU would be.

There's a lot of formats just play the game.
>>
Can someone remind me where route 2 is in the game? I appealingly missed a puppet there and don't feel like aimlessly walk around when someone here might remember right off the top of their head.

>>24900740
>I went with Power Yukari as my starter.
If only I could just get her to last for five turns in a real battle.

>>24900452
Just imo but the place in the bamboo area need one near the NPC that heal you as well. Beside the last battle in the human village I personally found that battle to be the hardest. Doesn't help that Marisa will stop you right before the healing place afterwards preventing you from switching puppets if you wish to level something else.

Also fun fact, if you look in your puppet box then all of your puppets will be healed even if you didn't switch them out. You can skip the dialog with the girl and in fact most of them are honestly unnecessary once you learn this fact.
>>
>>24901406
Fuck meant route 4. My bad. Need to grab a Seija.
>>
File: 1437761341468.jpg (99 KB, 815x570) Image search: [Google]
1437761341468.jpg
99 KB, 815x570
>>24901409
Isnt that the area right before the bamboo forest?
>>
>>24901498
Pre-Bamboo was route 5 isn't it?
>>
>youkai eat humans

why
>>
>>24901409
>>24901498
>>24901565

It's right before the bamboo forest as he mentioned.

Late as fuck response since I just woke up, the guy probably already found it by now.
>>
>>24901800
They gotta feed somehow.
>>
They did a amazing job on the mansion. It is fucking huge but have storage rooms, dining area, kitchen, servant sleeping quarters all in realistic areas. Hell it is obvious where the boss was located even before Sakuya even show up.

Beside the confusing battle area for the sake of being a video game (which even then I personally didn't mind) the area is extremely well made and is very enjoyable.
>>
>>24901800
Without getting too deeply into it: "Youkai" is essentially an umbrella term for any sort of supernatural creature (even ghosts and gods). If it's not human, it's probably a youkai (and many animals become youkai with age).

There are a LOT of mythological creatures that prey on humans. Fortunately, Gensokyo's youkai are more aristocratic and feed off of humans' fear/respect/worship- only trash-tier youkai actually attack humans, and promptly get exterminated by Reimu or the Human Village's youkai hunters.

nobody knows where Sakuya gets the blood to feed her vampire mistresses from
>>
>>24901955
Periods.
>>
>>24900887
Sex futa mod when???
>>
>>24901955
She gets it from where every Youkai get their human meat: From random faggots who cross the border and get eaten without even realizing what happened.

Also, random people Yukari most likely gaps in because there's no way enough humans cross the border accidentally to feed all the youkai population.
>>
>>24901955
Ghosts aren't youkai bro. Not all gods are either.

In my headcanon I like to think that since Remi and Flan need so little blood, Sakuya just harvests it with time stop.
>>
>>24901972
Well, from what I recall, the people Yukari spirits away are usually hobos, the suicidal/terminally ill, and other people humanity won't miss. Given that the Hakurei Shrine on this side of the barrier is a crumbling and forgotten shrine wedged somewhere in the mountains near Lake Suwa, yeah, I can't imagine too many people stumbling through by accident.

>>24901985
Aren't Kami a subcategory of youkai?
>yfw the Christian God is technically just an absurdly powerful youkai
>yfw when atheism takes over the Christian world the holy trinity will become qt grills sipping tea in Gensokyo
>h doujins out on the first day
>lucifer is the extra stage boss
>>
HOW ARE PUPPETS MADE
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-28+at+11.08.48).jpg (91 KB, 476x354) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-28+at+11.08.48).jpg
91 KB, 476x354
>>24902012
>>
>>24902047
Shinki is a goddess, remember?
>>
Why doesn't Kasen ever take her buns off?
>>
>>24902072
she's an oni pretending to be a hermit, so she can't let people see her horns
>>
>>24902072
If she took them off, it would be extremely painful.
>>
>>24902007
That's because Touhou borrows from multiple religions. Some kami do generate youkai, like the tsukumogamis, and others do become gods with enough faith, Suwako and the Aki sisters f I recall, so you could technically call them Youkai.
Others do already have godly power, so they don't depend on humanity and thus are not Youkai, like Hina or Kanako.
The thing is that Touhou does distort the meaning a bit, so youkai are actually only the beings that need belief or faith to exist, even the extremely powerful ones would fade eventually. The ones who don't, aren't considered ones, but since most gods in touhou like, but don't need faith, in general you say gods aren't youkai.

In that sense, christian god would be a youkai, but something like greek gods would not. But the problem still remains that ZUN combines not only beings, but also definitions from multiple religions.
>>
File: 1440247514068.png (296 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
1440247514068.png
296 KB, 566x800
I was about to start playing this game but then I noticed a big expansion is getting released soon during Comiket. Should I still play it or should I wait for the expansion for my first play? Would I end up losing my pre-expansion game save? Will the translation patches mess-up things between saves and the such?
>>
>>24902101

The game is already pretty damn good as is and totally worth a playthrough if you're the kind of person that can be willing to play through the whole game again when the expansion comes out.

It's going to take anywhere between 3-8+ months for it to get fully translated so it's hard to really justify it as "Just about to come out" for most people here.

The entire game is getting reworked so you're gonna have to start from scratch, your save file will only be good for what is supposedly a feature that lets you import your old puppets as they were once you get into postgame.
>>
>>24901955
>nobody knows where Sakuya gets the blood to feed her vampire mistresses from
It's basically confirmed in the canon Remilia has an agreement with Yukari to supply food in exchange for not harming anyone in Gensokyo.

Yukari basically gaps in suicidal humans and forever loners from the outside world into Gensokyo to feed the youkai who eat human flesh.
>>
>>24902124
Can't she just open a blood donation center?
>>
>>24900505
Lovrina from Pokemon XD

>>24900535
>in a shit game
But anon, that's not Venus
>>
File: 1442788908423.png (1 MB, 1200x792) Image search: [Google]
1442788908423.png
1 MB, 1200x792
>>24902124
>Yukari will never gap your useless neet ass into Gensokyo so you can become the food of a higher being
>She will offer you a chance to become her Shikigami when after seeing thousands and thousands of others like you she decides to keep one for herself on a whim to see what is what made him such a broken being
Why live?
>>
>>24902129
Contrary to what fans would do, most humans in Gensokyo wouldn't be in the mood for donating blood.
>>
>>24902129
Because humans fucking hate youkai. Why would their donate their precious blood to feed those damn monsters who ate their grandpas?

It's all fault of that dammed lazy miko for not exterminating all that scum.
>>
>>24902163
Blood is worth lotsa money.
>>
Threadly reminder that stall is possible in this and we just don't know how to make it work yet
>>
>>24902153
Well, still better than having your sister get sucked dry by a 500-year-old vampire isn't it.
>>
>>24902196
But today isn't April 1st?
>>
>>24902196
If the Nips who actually have enough people to play this constantly haven't found a way to make stall works I'm pretty sure we baka gaijins with our 20 people community won't find a way either.

Maybe something of what's added on the expansion will be the keypiece stall needs to work though.
>>
>>24902198
Then it's not donation anymore faggot. Yukari gets protecting the human village is more important than Rem's whims.
>>
>>24902196
>>24902202
>>24902204
I said this last thread.

Stall is entirely possible in this game.

What it isn't is actually good.

Thankfully.
>>
>>24902209
Opss,
>*Remi's
>>
>>24902163
To be fair the youkai of Gensokyo with half a brain won't harm humans within the barrier because most of them realize that they need the imagination/fear of humans to give themselves form and existence.

Multiple characters like Aya, Toyasatomimi no Miko, Kanako in the printworks have noted that the world of Gensokyo is one huge Cold War between the youkai and the threat of any one of them acting is what keeps everyone in check and getting along with each other.

The only ones who are actually fucking crazy enough to kill everyone are the Lunarians with their obsession with purity being the moon nazi's they are. Which is basically what they were doing in the latest Touhou game, trying to raze Gensokyo into a lifeless sterile environment just so they could move in.
>>
>>24902209
Meh, let's just hope people keep wanting to kill themselves then.
>>
File: 1450036931180.png (1 MB, 1149x1017) Image search: [Google]
1450036931180.png
1 MB, 1149x1017
>>24902222
Lunarians barely count into the equation. They wanted to raze all of the earth because of muh purity crap, not just Gensokyo.

Jokes on them though. Based Junko blew the fuck out of the filthy dumb lunarian scum.
>>
>>24902222
Well, Lunarians don't need gensokyo at all. They aren't crazy in that aspect, they'd lose nothing if they nuked it.
>>
>>24902204
The elevens generally don't play stall though, even in the Pokemon games they tend to aim for strong balanced offensive teams due to time limits. Stall tends to be something more often sported by Western players.
>>
>>24902234
>merryclaps are cunts
gee what else is new
>>
>>24902222
Note that even then the Lunarians only were doing that as an absolute last resort plan because their home was itself being invaded by something they stood no chance against. And the mastermind behind the "invade Gensokyo" plan was clearly not a big fan of doing so to the point where she stalled the purifying part of it like crazy and then dropped it the second Reimu and co put up a fight.

Fuck the lunarians obviously. Even when the dust settled Reimu didn't bother having tea with them and instead had it with the physical incarnation of pure vengeance that had forced the Lunarians to try evacuating to Gensokyo to begin with.
>>
>>24902234
>even in the Pokemon games they tend to aim for strong balanced offensive teams due to time limits. Stall tends to be something more often sported by Western players.
Thats mostly because of difference between metas.

Elevens rarely if at all play Singles 6 vs 6 which is more or less the only place where stall can flourish. They only play battle-spot metas and there's no way stall can work in 3 vs 3 and doubles has been more hyper offensive than ever before.

Honestly, I'm amazed that stall actually survives this generation with how much power-creep there's been.
>>
>>24902230
Kinda easy when Junko's best friend who was helping is literally the most powerful entity in the whole Touhou franchise to date. ZUN has basically stated Hecatia is the top of the power scale above even Shiki Eiki who was regarded before as the most absolute being in the series.
>>
>>24902262
You can still make the Yukari arguments, as well as the funny power misunderstanding ones.
>>
>>24902262
Reminder that Hecatia is Hemo's waifu.

She is going to be broken beyond all dear belief.
>>
>>24902288
Waggyswaggy isn't overpowered at all though
>>
>>24902313
She's pretty good for something with that BST.
>>
>>24900426
>>24902313
What's a Waggyswaggy anyways, is that this game's equivalent to the SwagPlay strategy that Smogon banned from Ubers?

I am starting to think that Pokemon might be less balanced than this
>>
>>24902249
It's easy to use stall when you ban most of hyper offense top tiers
>>
File: Wakasagi.gif (6 KB, 100x84) Image search: [Google]
Wakasagi.gif
6 KB, 100x84
>>24902330

This is a Waggysaggy.

She is a fish and is only good for being cooked and eaten.
>>
>>24902334
That's not how you spell "loved and pet"
>>
>>24902334
>calling something that can murder Arceus "only good for being cooked and eaten"

Also help me she's too cute I think my heart is broken
>>
>>24902336
That's not how you spell "flayed, stuffed, and mounted on the wall".
>>
>>24902330
Why was Swagger banned anyways?
>>
>>24902330
It's the cool name for Wakasagihime.
>>
>>24902345
Smogonfags can't handle RNG in a game centred around RNG.
>>
>>24902346
I bet she's wacky in the sacky.
>>
>>24902345
Because it turned the game into coinflips.

Smogon HATES that sort of thing, it's why anything that raises Evasion is banned save for Acupuncture and why OHKO moves aren't legal.

Feel free to point out the irony of how OHKO moves are banned but the inverse in accuracy (Focus Blast) is perfectly acceptable.

Also feel free to note how Waggyswaggy would be overpowered as fuck in actual Pokemon (assuming you equated her ability to Swift Swim) but isn't really here because Fog boosts dark rather than water.

There's too much cute in this game help
>>
File: HAPPENING.png (201 KB, 961x660) Image search: [Google]
HAPPENING.png
201 KB, 961x660
oh fug
i didn't expect to run into her this soon
>>
>>24902412

Welcome to the gank squad pound town, population: Your ass.
>>
Wait.

Wait.

I've always been reading Waggyshaggy.

Fuck. My life is a lie.
>>
File: welp.png (115 KB, 962x722) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
115 KB, 962x722
>>24902424
That... wasn't nearly as hard as I expected it to be, after Remilia. Suika gave me a bit of trouble since I have no idea what type she was, but it's a good thing I was training Elly at the time. (even resisted, AyaP's skill link twister would have 2HKOd)
>>
>>24902345
Prankster + Foul Play more than anything.

Swagger alone is just a shitty confuse ray. Put it on something with a godly typing like Klefki plus the previously mentioned ones and you have some massive pain in the ass.
>>
>>24902466

For me it was the closest I ever got to having a party wipe in the entire game, but that was probably just because my clutch bullshit cheeselord happened to be the first one in when she ganked me and just died instantly because I wasn't ready for it.
>>
>>24902466
You won't really meet anything really hard until victory road unless you will use repels
And then you will get to fight elite 3 + "max every EV" Shinki
>>
>>24902375
>Feel free to point out the irony of how OHKO moves are banned but the inverse in accuracy (Focus Blast) is perfectly acceptable.
Where's the irony there? OHKO moves are banned because their effect is ridiculously powerful even if you have to go through a coinflip, and anyone who has played any modicum of pvp knows how bullshit the RNG can be.

What I don't understand is why in hell are you comparing OHKO moves and Focus Blast when they have absolutely nothing in common. I really don't get what you are trying to say here besides just shitting on Smogon just because.
>>
File: 1450061983284.png (193 KB, 965x305) Image search: [Google]
1450061983284.png
193 KB, 965x305
>>24902466
Good work defeating Reimu Oak, the bitch needs some beating.
>>
I wish gensou suwako was in english... I want to get into netplay
>>
>>24902504
Ok, I'll give you that OHKO moves are ridiculously powerful.

The point is that the chance of Focus Blast missing is the same as that of a OHKO move hitting (i.e. 30%), and it is entirely possible for Focus Blast missing to determine a game in the same way a OHKO move hitting would (just in the other direction). I'm not saying Smogon's unjustified in banning OHKO moves, I'm saying it's kind of ridiculous how much RNG there is in the game to begin with.
>>
I feel like we're going about it the wrong way. We shouldn't be hating on others, we should be united in what we all like.

I.e. cute.
>>
>>24902670
I want to but everyone just makes fun of her.
>>
>>24902653
Honestly, Smogon bashing doesn't really fit here given how different the meta here is from their metagame.

An actual Smogonite would read about SuwakoS, note her low position on the usage charts, note the lack of a ban on moody, and have their brain melt.
>>
>>24902728
Wait, what? I thought she was top-10 usage material when I first looked at her?

How the fuck is Moody not broken in this
>>
>>24902737

#17 weekly, #42 all-time.

Moody generally requires being able to buy some time to actually kick in and start doing things reliably (Unless you get lucky) which is pretty tough to do in a metagame where everything is just trying to kill the shit out of each other as quickly as possible.
>>
>>24902653
Actual OU player chiming in. Focus Blast has a physical "equivalent" in Close Combat, a move whose detrimental effect is lowering def and spd by one stage - something that negatively impacts the attacker's survivability, not its ability to dish out damage.
Focus Blast is a very unreliable move that is only used by certain mons as a last resort when they are the last remaining thing on the team that can beat things weak to it (usually Steel or Dark types) and possibly scare them off earlier in the game. No sane teambuilder would have Focus Blast as his team's main way of beating those things, only as a backup.
And as you already noticed yourself, the RNG makes Pokemon a fundamentally shitty competitive game. A big shame because all the interactions make it very fun to play, as long as neither side gets painfully haxed which happens a lot.

>>24902746
Does she have an OHKO move or something roughly equivalent? Sheer Cold Moody Glalie is an actual thing in Battlespot Singles and that's what she'd need to be compared to. Or something like Curse Bibarel.
>>
>>24902760

http://en.tpdpwiki.net/wiki/Speed_Suwako

No OHKOs on her, they seem pretty rare in this from what I've seen, although I've never actively looked for them.
>>
>>24902737

virtually none of the moody users have much type coverage beyond their own main and subtype. suwako for example doesn't learn a single move except for hidden power that can fight off a nature type.
>>
Is Kogasa any good
>>
>>24902993
assist kogasa gets quiver dance, and has intimidates for both attack stats
>>
>>24902993

Yup, KosasaA is pretty rad, somewhere in the top 50 on the usage chart.
>>
>>24902746

Speaking on that, I wonder why Luna seems to keep flip flopping between what would be OU and UU usage. I'd imagine she would settlie in somewhere, but she gets as high as 4.5% usage and as low as 2%
>>
>>24903000
>>24903008
I'm surprised
>>
>>24903013

She seems like the kind of puppet that varies wildly with the current meta, it's very easy for her to be rendered useless by the enemy's types.

Light is garbage for attacking against a lot of things and she's weak to wind which is very common on a lot of big name puppets out there.
>>
>>24903040

Does she even use light moves? Seems like people either go the reliable method with a 95 BP sound move or go super gimmicky and do the uncrittable double boost with Infinite Scales.
>>
>>24903061

Sound can't help her against getting shit on by wind puppets and is far too weak with her stat spread to do anything noticeable without having a turn to buff up first which is all it takes to swap in an Aya or Futo and instakill her before she can do anything.

She has the potential to do some pretty wacky stuff if she got the chance to setup properly but it's not easy to make that happen right now and there are still way better options for setup units.
>>
>>24903099

I think she's kind of a gimmick win condition like Blood Totem. I'm surprised people can't seem to decide whether to use her or not, especially since Aya and Futo seem like they've always been pretty rampant.
>>
How do you kill SukunaD without dying horribly
>>
>>24903195

you hit her in her spread defense, she is very likely to be instantly killed by a STAB 120 spread attack move.
>>
>>24903195

Close out the program and find a different game to play.
>>
>>24903201
>>24903204
What if you're running stall
>>
>>24903237

you would burn her ai the darkness status. There is a will o wisp like move for all the statuses although the darkness one isn't that common
>>
File: Puppetypes.jpg (152 KB, 1029x1224) Image search: [Google]
Puppetypes.jpg
152 KB, 1029x1224
Do you mind? Try to use exclusively the types of the Normal forms. I'll post mine in a minute.

Puppets arts: http://imgur.com/a/BnZtR
Puppets types: http://imgur.com/QwUfa0I

Hopefully nobody saw my first attempt.
>>
File: Favorite puppets.jpg (589 KB, 1029x1224) Image search: [Google]
Favorite puppets.jpg
589 KB, 1029x1224
>>24903255
>>
>>24903248
She keeps outspeeding and 1-shotting those

What do I do, lose?
>>
>>24903426

she only has 75 base speed and is extremely unlikely to have invested in it, just use faster puppets
>>
>>24903441
He's running stall. Most walls can easily be slower than that without investment
>>
File: And that's that.png (626 KB, 1029x1224) Image search: [Google]
And that's that.png
626 KB, 1029x1224
>>24903255
The remaining types have nothing that I desire.
>>
File: nigga please.png (14 KB, 185x242) Image search: [Google]
nigga please.png
14 KB, 185x242
>>24903469
>meant to put Kokoro in Light with Miko in Sound
>the colors made me switch them up

Son of a twat.
>>
What i have to deal with that Kanako's Suwako Moody puppet ? Its killing my team
>>
>>24903426

are you using Defense Shingyoku? that is one of the few puppets that has the focus defense to shrug off her attacks and has the darkness inducing move sweet nightmare
>>
>>24903483

a nature type resists both of her typed moves while hitting her back in her x4 weakness, anything fast that can usea Nature attack will kill it in one attack.
>>
File: gn_enbu_ss004.png (18 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
gn_enbu_ss004.png
18 KB, 960x720
Recently, i caught this Kasen when i tried upgrade my puppets
Power or Assist?
>>24903513
Thanks, i'm prove that
>>
File: gn_enbu_ss005.png (19 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
gn_enbu_ss005.png
19 KB, 960x720
I finally beat Kanako, Youmu just saved the team again
>>
File: TPDPtastechart.png (927 KB, 1029x1224) Image search: [Google]
TPDPtastechart.png
927 KB, 1029x1224
>>24903255
>>
>>24903627
You had 10/10 taste until you picked the worst Prismriver sister.
>>
>>24903682
All touhous remotely related to music are the worst touhous.
>>
>>24903683
Mystia is cool, fuck off.
>>
>>24903683
Now THAT is some shit taste. You might want to get that checked anon.
>>
File: 1446894652826-1.gif (498 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446894652826-1.gif
498 KB, 500x500
>>24903683
>Raiko is shit
>>
File: puppet.png (729 KB, 1029x1224) Image search: [Google]
puppet.png
729 KB, 1029x1224
>>24903255
I did some changes to fit them, like moving Kanako to Wind(that had nothing) so I could fit in Nazrin.
>>
>>24903691
>>24903694
>>24903698
Sound is the shittiest type for a good reason.
>>
File: toohoolist.jpg (232 KB, 1029x1224) Image search: [Google]
toohoolist.jpg
232 KB, 1029x1224
>>24903255

I wish a lot of the stuff I liked didn't share typings so often.
>>
>>24903709
Then why the incoming buffs?
>>
>>24903714
I know how you feel, Sakuya, Youmu, Nazrin, Alice and Nitori are all Steel.
>>
>>24903719
Nether didn't need any nerfs, fuck you

It was just fine with only one type resisting it, it doesn't need another
>>
File: 1445655536127.png (377 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1445655536127.png
377 KB, 498x497
>>24903726
>yfw fighting suika, utsuho or anything that can shit fire
>>
>>24903780

Could be worse. Everything I like is either Steel or weak to Steel. Overtake Strike is my worst nightmare, and now Stealth Steel is getting indirectly buffed.
>>
>>24903746
>seriously thinking Nether is fine as it is
Look at the type chart, it needs a nerf offensively
>>
>>24903840
Look at Nether's moves and tell me that again.
>>
>>24903851
>BP120 double edge variant
>Starving Spirit

Yeah, because the type that has a better fucking Earthquake that runs off of Special attack is in trouble
>>
>>24903856
Oh, how many puppets get starving spirit again?
>>
>Don't want to invest too much now because I am still waiting for Seiran and Ringo
Does anyone knows if we will be able to transfer saves?
>>
>>24903877

So far the only save transferring we know if is being able to import your puppets into the expansion and be able to get them back unchanged at some point in the game, probably postgame.
>>
>>24903884
That looks like enough for me. I just didn't want all the trouble of getting puppets hypermaxed going to waste.
>>
>>24903856
Last thread I went into detail as to why Nether was a mediocre type rather than the Gen 5 Dragon: GHOST EDITION that it looks like on paper.

I'm not posting it again because that took too much time to type up, but to sum it up it's because nether types in exchange for being like Gen 5 Dragons offensively paid for it in that good nether moves are incredibly rare in distribution, plus not having ridiculous BSTs like what Dragons tended to get.

It's presumably getting resisted by Sound in the expansion so that teams aren't forced into using a light type for dealing with nether types. That's all, and with that second safety valve in place there might be better distribution on good nether moves than there was previously.
>>
>>24903884

it's a good thing I don't have to play the first game since the only thing I care about is clownpiece
>>
>>24903877

>Caring about Blue Reisen and Worse Beatle
>>
Power of Assist Sanae?
>>
>>24903914
I don't have enough bunnygirls. Except for tewi, tewi a shit.
>>
File: clutch.png (82 KB, 962x721) Image search: [Google]
clutch.png
82 KB, 962x721
M O O D Y
S U W A K O
>>
>>24903935

You need a nature type.
>>
>>24903911
Reminder that the Lunarians, presumably including even the ultra bullshit moonbitches, got their asses handed to them so badly by a fucking fairy that they had to evacuate the Lunar Capital completely and flee/invade to a place they hated just as much as it hated them back.
>>
>>24903954
They 'lost' to the fags because they think getting in contact with impurities will make them weak. In reality they never even fought and could easily destroy them
>>
>>24903940
Patchouli's Nature/Electric, but Suwako outsped her.
>>
>>24903940

It probably helped a lot to have KanakoP that battle. Too bad she's nearly useless aside from that, which was a shame.
>>
is there something i'm missing, or is kagerou like, really bad
>>
Do spell cards get used up if I were to use them like early gen TMs or are they like HMs and newer gen TMs and you can use them as much as you like?

In a hard spot at the moment mostly because the opponent first puppet is immune to my strongest puppet main typing attacks. My main puppet can easily take my opponent out if I can get rid of her first puppet quickly enough. I want to use this trainer battle to toss me a few levels to my weaker puppets if possible so I am trying to sweep her using only my main puppet.
>>
>expect a robot eiki as her alternate costume
>instead its junko eiki
>>
>>24903969

Clownpiece was literal ionizing radiation to lunarian's the reason she was so dangerous is because she was pure lifeforce
>>
>>24904103
>Robot Eiki

Why?
>>
>>24904085

She's pretty lackluster.

Her stats and skillset aren't anything to complain about but her types on both her styles are absolutely abysmal.
>>
So stall isn't viable.

Is semi-stall doable though?
>>
>>24904085
She has a very high speed and spAtk in speed. The only problem is her 4x weakness to overtake strike.
>>
>>24904102

Skillcards are infinite use.

>>24904199

Eh, kinda? Anything involving slow periodic damage being your main source of killing things isn't going to work, but defensive and setup play in general isn't completely useless.

If your plan is to use defensive tactics to create openings and set up kills with direct damage then yeah that's definitely fine.
>>
>>24904199
Depends. If it's "basically stall except one thing actually does attack", then no.

If you mean a more defensively oriented version of bulky offense, then yes.

How do I quit Sukuna
>>
>>24904199
The most common puppets are bulk attackers, so as long as your plan isn't to kill stuff with poison, it should be fine.
>>
File: 12_10.jpg (317 KB, 1200x1708) Image search: [Google]
12_10.jpg
317 KB, 1200x1708
>>24904152
>>
>>24904228
Oh that, I wouldn't think they're make a reference to bkub besides the Suika.
>>
>>24904152
Cause it's awesome
>>
>>24903969
That is worse, it makes them look pathetic.
>>
>>24904223
Yeah, I mean running stuff like SukunaD instead of OrangeD; things that can take hits but still hit hard
>>
>>24904246

Suika being passed out is hardly an idea unique to Bkub either.
>>
>>24904329
>>24903969
It's because impurities (pure lifeforce in this case) is toxic to them, Lunarians effectively enjoy immortality by removing themselves from the cycle of death and rebirth by putting themselves into a proverbial pepetual clean room. By re-introducing those concepts to their ecosystem which they already erased it effectively makes them susceptible to death again.
>>
>>24904383
fuck reasons, lunarians are literally space elves, fuck them.
>>
>>24904377
I meant Suika passed out blocking the way. I remember one of the first screenshots I saw also had the player character with their bike since I didn't see it around here, but rather on one of their sites, I thought it was some sort of official screenshot.
>>
File: IMAG0303.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0303.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
Rate me guys. How'd I do?
>>
>>24904717
Missing "how to take screenshots" tab.
>>
>>24904717
What are you doing?
>>
>>24904717
Well, you can't take screenshots, nor can you let them have their proper names.
>>
>>24904724
>>24904725
End game team
>>24904728
I have no excuse
>>
What makes SukunaD so good?
>>
>>24904824

Disgustingly high attack alongside extremely high defense with great skills and types to top it all off
>>
>>24904824

her ability miracle mallet, it doubles her focus attack and defense. She ends up having something like 150+ base focus attack/defense.
>>
File: 1382634308746.jpg (517 KB, 1000x848) Image search: [Google]
1382634308746.jpg
517 KB, 1000x848
>>24904843
>>24904849
The fact she hits harder than Groudon and is nigh-invincible to focus attacks herself is the icing on the cake, not the cake itself.

You forgot how adorable and cuddly and tiny she is, aka the real reason you should run her.
>>
File: 1450475292128.jpg (363 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450475292128.jpg
363 KB, 1280x1024
>>24903261
I like you.
>>
>>24904879
Just the right size for a new dick.
>>
Just got the boat. How much of a bitch would it to be to backtrack and collect every single item that is boat-only obtainable? I remember a ton of ponds early game and it seem like every giant area have bridges, lakes and rivers.

Also how much of the game is left for me? Is this the halfway point or the game or will the pacing speed the fuck up at this point like on the normal Pokemon games?
>>
>>24905298

the boat is pretty fast and there are no random encounters while boating so it wont take very long at all
>>
So where am I supposed to go when I get the bike? I feel so lost
>>
>>24905572
The chick in the human village that live in the house up north. You should really pay more attention to the story anon. There isn't much of it but they basically hold your hand when it comes to the next area you should go to.
>>
>>24905298
you haven't even reached the bullshit cave maps
>>
I notice no one mentions Unfettered Soul when discussing Nether moves.
It seems like a good move in theory, you can add a Nether gem for Gen 5-like Flying Gem Acrobatics nuking.
With the items clause in netplay, you can free up other more generally useful items for your other puppets instead of putting them on your Nether-type.
Am I missing something here?
>>
>>24904879
Extra Renko will render her useless.
>>
File: 1421515259052.jpg (26 KB, 433x380) Image search: [Google]
1421515259052.jpg
26 KB, 433x380
>>24900426

Do I need to know anything about touhou to understand this game?
>>
>>24906474
Absolutely not. Just pick it up and have fun. Though it'd help if you knew the girls so you can pick best Waifu starter.
>>
>>24905821
Currently exploring the magic forest and have the option of exploring magic forest south and east then there is the road of reconsideration. On top of all of that the boat is still new to me.

So much fucking freedom with such huge maps. Kinda hoping the expansion doesn't change the current maps. There is only so much exploring I can deal with without the random battle music becoming annoying to hear.
>>
>>24906474
nah. Pokemon knowledge helps though, of course
>>
>>24906474
You don't, although knowing the character's abilities would help with guessing their types.
>>
File: murasa.png (111 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
murasa.png
111 KB, 640x480
>>24906474
No.
>>24905929
Might as well use Body&Soul if you're planning on using one-time nukes, anon.
>>
>>24906474
>>24906504
All trainer puppets have an animation upon being sent into battle that tells you what (one of their) type(s) is/are, that's been a big help to me.
For wild puppet encounters, you're screwed, though.
>>
>>24906474
Even the weaker puppets (statwise) may have moves, typing and abilities that keep them in the game along with the stronger puppets. The game is extremely balanced and you can pick literally any puppet in the game as your starter because of this.

If you have a favorite Touhou it is highly recommend picking her (or him in the case of Rinnosuke) and just enjoy the game. You can min-max and make a perfect team easily during the post game.
>>
>>24906522
I'm curious anon. Who is worst puppet?
>>
>>24906839
Your favorite.
>>
>>24906860
delete this
>>
File: no.jpg (52 KB, 436x348) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
52 KB, 436x348
>>24906890
>>
File: 1434659460700.png (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1434659460700.png
28 KB, 500x500
>>24906934
>>
>>24906839

There are a couple of puppets that 100% mandate having your team built around them and are complete trash otherwise (Maribel, Renko) but aside from that I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention any puppets being objectively shit in all situations.

If you're looking at only a specific style there are some pretty awful ones out there but every puppet has at least one "Yeah this is pretty okay" style on them.
>>
>>24907201
So how does that compare to Pokemon?
>>
>>24907237

There are multitudes of pokemon that are literally worthless in virtually all scenarios and there's a very high chance that just trying to make a team of favorites would result in half your team being incapable of doing anything and the other half being mediocre at best.

While it's certainly possible to do that in this as well if you don't know what you're doing and choose the wrong styles / PP investments, anyone that knows what they're doing can make very close to any and all 2hus worth their weight.

Although there are still of course some puppets that are just flat out better than the rest.
>>
>>24904879
Can I marry her? She's too cute to resist
>>
>>24907437
wait the expantion for the wedding dress
>>
>>24907445
The what?
>>
File: myniggas.png (885 KB, 1029x1224) Image search: [Google]
myniggas.png
885 KB, 1029x1224
>>24903255
I might be really late to the party on this, but I'll post it anyway.

Trying to pick my favourite earth type was like trying to pick a favourite child, it was extremely painful
>>
File: 1449196031230.png (217 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1449196031230.png
217 KB, 960x960
>>24907468
>he doesn't know
>>
File: 1446988488571.png (25 KB, 248x200) Image search: [Google]
1446988488571.png
25 KB, 248x200
>>24906522

Well from what little I know my favorite is Utsuho. Is she a starter?
>>
>>24907504
The way the start of the game works is ZUN himself descends from the heavens, asks you who your favourite 2hu is and wills it into being right in front of your eyes with his divine powers.
Or something like that.
>>
>>24907504

Every single 2hu can be a starter, it lets you pick at the beginning.

Utsuho is easily in the top 3 best in the game, arguably the absolute best. Look forward to getting called out for being a tryhard.
>>
File: 1450299349296.jpg (659 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450299349296.jpg
659 KB, 1000x1000
>>24907504
Literally everyone is a starter in this game. EVERYONE.

>>24907497
Raiko still having the drum sticks in her wedding dress is adorable.
>>
File: 1406616184648.png (34 KB, 298x268) Image search: [Google]
1406616184648.png
34 KB, 298x268
>>24907519
>easily in the top 3 best in the game, arguably the absolute best

fantastic
>>
>>24907497
>the hips on some of these PUPPETS

This is illegal.
This has to be illegal.
>>
>>24907497
>5 magic stones
>cans on the tank
>eiki's hat
>wedding bucket
>best man unzan
oh god this is too much
what is that thing at the end
>>
File: 1447807778896.jpg (1 MB, 1845x1432) Image search: [Google]
1447807778896.jpg
1 MB, 1845x1432
>>24907628
But what do you think about Okuu's arm bouquet?
>>
>>24907645

She's going to try to toss it into the crowd and end up incinerating everyone in a two mile line.

Stupid birdbrain.
>>
>>24907645
I somehow missed that
okuu best waifu
>>
>>24907645
I hate how people make that eye small
>>
>>24907497
Waifu Wars 2015
>>
>>24907836
It's the weakest part about her whole design tbqhwyf. The placement is just too awkward.
>>
>>24907915
Not until there are mechanical bonuses for waifu
>>
>>24907995
But there are.
Wedding dress is only available to puppets with a heart mark, which are ALSO able to hold the dream stone thing that increases Attack and Speed.
>>
>>24907998
The game is turning into waifu wars oh god
>>
>>24908018
That assumes the dream fragment works in multiplayer and that there won't be another way to get a heart mark.

That also implies that the metagame isn't already "use your favorites to beat up someone else's favorites"
>>
mai waifu can beat up ur waifu
>>
>>24907998
That seems to be extremely biased towards puppets that are already fast to begin with though.
>>
>>24908044

The current speculation is that the dream fragment is going to change its bonuses based on the puppet's style, as of right now the demo only let me test it on normal-style puppets which gave them 20-30% more speed and both attacks.

The description on it is extremely open-ended and mentions something like "This stone is often seen changing colors".
>>
File: e0211848_21494254.jpg (119 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
e0211848_21494254.jpg
119 KB, 600x600
Just beat Yuuka [Thank you Based Nazrin]

Since she told me to go take a hike, does that mean Suika's gone and I can explore behind the shrine?
>>
File: 1449084303739.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449084303739.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>24908058
Why don't you just head over to Myouren Temple, repent, and live a life of coexistence with puppets?
>>
>>24908058

Myouren temple first to fight Byakuren, then you get to go behind Hakurei Shrine to enter the caves of get fucked.
>>
File: 8b6bda200e7287af118b6a2406ce748a.jpg (524 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
8b6bda200e7287af118b6a2406ce748a.jpg
524 KB, 1000x1000
Ok, I need more cute fanart.

Post cute Kogasa if you have any
>>
>>24908043
say that to my face and not online and see what happens nerd
>>
>>24908105
How is this even remotely related to the game, family, there is /jp/ for this kind of stuff.
>>
>>24908119
Ok, I'll check there then.

To keep things on topic, what's a good use for Byakuren?
>>
>>24908105

Posting cute pictures alongside actual discussion is fine, but I don't think we should start turning the thread into an image dump.

We already get enough shitposting as is.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.