[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Type Change thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: type changes.png (1 MB, 1200x3722) Image search: [Google]
type changes.png
1 MB, 1200x3722
Change a pokemons type based on their appearance, lore, or pokedex entry.
>>
>wizards = magic not psychic powers

Psychic is magic type though, see: Alakazam.
>>
>>24899515
That's the worst reasoning for Mismagius I've ever heard.

Just look up misdreavus for much better reasoning.
>>
>>24899515
Charizard= Fire Dragon
Magicarp= water Dragon. No reason I just like magicarp.
>>
>Good ideas:
Avalugg
Rapidash
Luxray

>Shit
Everything else

>Beartic being Ice/Fighting
If anything it should be Ice/Water as it's a polar bear with swift fucking swim.
>>
Celebi and also Florges line -> Grass/Fairy
Gengar -> pure Ghost
>>
File: hitchchock-noose.jpg (12 KB, 350x296) Image search: [Google]
hitchchock-noose.jpg
12 KB, 350x296
>>24899515
>>
>>24899515

I agree to Rapidash, the rest not so much. Avalugg being x4 weak to Fighting is not that cool either.

>>24899556

Charizard X is already Fire Dragon
>>
>>24899595
Yeah he should be that without dumbass mega gimmicks
>>
>>24899595
x4 weak to fighting and fire, x2 weak to ground, but resists normal, grass, ice, flying, psychic, bug, and dragon.

Plus neutral to stealth rocks and poison immunity.
>>
Better idea for Volbeat and Illumise
Illumise gets Bug/Electric because blue electricity is a common thing in Pokemon.
Volbeat gets Bug/Fire with Motor Drive so Illumise can spam discharge and Volbeat can spam Heat Wave.

It'll go with how Fireflies are Lightning Bugs in Japan. One makes complex designs while the other makes geometric shapes. You could do something with that to justify because Fire and Electricity in the sky would make different shapes or something. I dunno
>>
>>24899595
Considering Avalugg resists nothing but Ice right now and dies horribly to even 2x effective hits, 4x fighting wouldn't really mean much.

I mean consider the following
252 SpA Mega Blaziken Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Avalugg: 524-620 (132.9 - 157.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Mega Blaziken Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ice/Steel Avalugg: 540-636 (163.1 - 192.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
It's not that much worse.
>>
>Electric/Dark Luxray
>Ghost/Normal Cofagrigus
>Ice/Steel Avalugg
triggered

3/10 made me reply
>>
>>24899588
>Florges line -> Grass/Fairy

We've already got Whimsicott. Which benefits from the typing because it's speedy and isn't supposed to be taking hits anyway.

Florges is a slow defensive mon, so all adding a Grass type to it will do is make it shittier.
>>
>>24899515

No shit Delphox is Psychic instead of Fairy. That's why it's such a failure of a wizard.
>>
>>24899515
rapidash typing works for a mega, i like it, maybe grow some wings and gain levitate?

being hard as steel doesn't make you steel so i dont agree with avalugg

illumise its ok i agree

>le elecrtic dark luxray meme
you had me until this point

also what the fuck lumineon being water ground, no fucking sense at all, also banette was a doll and dolls are normal things too so cofagrigus doesn't make sense either

beartic i agree

and delphox its ok being psychic
>>
>>24899736
it's already a shitty sylveon that basically does not have an ability

being part grass would at least set it apart

plus being part grass gives it resistance to water, electric and ground and lets it check rock-types more easily, which would synergize well with talonflame
>>
>>24899804
Florges deserves an actual ability (Chlorophyll?) or Earth Power to set it apart from Sylveon rather than lumbering it with a shit type
>>
Let's put it this way:
>Merge Ice into Water-type
>Merge Psychic and Fairy to make Magic-type
>Merge Rock and Ground to make Earth-type
>Merge Bug and Grass to make Life-type
>Merge Steel and Electric to make Tech-type
>Merge Poison into Dark-type
Did I fix the balancing problem?
>>
beartic should have been water type and give it waterfall
and Pangoro and beartic now share Ursarings egg moves
>>24899930
no
>>
>>24899930
>x-scissor, fury cutter, mega horn and rage powder are life-type moves
>scizor is tech/life but porygon is normal, zapdos is tech/flying, jirachi and mawile are now the same type: tech/magic

you're fucking retarded
>>
why the fuck isn't Clawitzer Water/ Bug?
>>
>>24899515
You know nothing about Luxray if you think it should be dark.
Lumineon would work better as a fairy.
Cafagrigus would be a ghost rock if anything.
>>
>>24899930

No, you did terrible.
>>
>>24899962
why would it be? the only bug-type crustaceans are skorupi and anorith/armaldo
>>
Phione and Manaphy -- Water/Fairy. Simply pronounce their names. Fae-on-nay and Mana-Fae.

Fae = Fairy. They did the same with CleFAIRY and CleFABLE, after all!
>>
>>24899971
you're retarded
what language do you speak where /i/ and /ei/ sound the same?
>>
File: 025.png (879 B, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
025.png
879 B, 80x80
>>24899515
Picachu should be ground dragon type because why not
>>
>>24899970
Dwebble/ Crustle are hermit crabs and bug types. Skorpi is a Scorpion, so an arachnid, not a crustacean. You do, however, bring up a good point. Krabby/ Kingler should be bug type too. Crawdaunt, gets a pass since they wanted to make it dark type. I just want a bug/ water that STAYS bug/ water, Surskit was such a disappointment. Why does Gamefreak hate that type combo?
>>
>>24899976
>implying fae isn't pronounced "fi"
>>
>>24899515

whole point of avalugg is he's not actually made of steel. he's an embodiment of ice. also

>4x fire weak
>4x fighting weak
>now ground weak

fuck outta here
>>
>>24899515
fairy is more the physical and mistical parts of magic
psychic is intelligence and learned magic
>>
>>24899588
poison is due to miasma which is what its made of look a gastley
>>
>>24899515
Fairy type is based around cuteness, deceiving people, and, well, fairies. Psychic is the magic type.
>>
>>24899930
no you've made it a thousand times worse
>>
>>24900104
no it very clearly isn't
dryads
literal fairys
what ever the fuck granbull is
gardevoir is a "magic knight"
xerneas being the embodiment of life force
>>
File: Hangyourself.jpg (176 KB, 700x658) Image search: [Google]
Hangyourself.jpg
176 KB, 700x658
>>24899515
>Delphox to fire/fairy
>>
>>24899661
>comparing a special fire attack on regular avalugg to a physical on steel avalugg
>>
>>24900140
gardevoir is a ballroom dancer
>>
>>24900222
Yes, that was the entire point, thank you for noticing.

It already dies to a spark as a pure ice type with only 2x weaknesses. Giving it a 4x weakness won't make it die any faster or slower, it still dies in one hit.
>>
>>24899804

Give it an ability that boosts the power of Grass-type moves, like Fairy Aura and Dark Aura

That way it can reap the benefits of being a Grass-type without actually being one
>>
>>24900291
the benefits of being a grass-type are resisting water, grass, electric and ground and being immune to spore, sleep power and leech seed

florges doesn't even learn any offensive grass moves it would ever want to run
>>
Rotom Fan - electric steel (just replace air slash with flash cannon)
Now it's actually useful - good typing with a good supporting ability, and all the defense capabilities of the other rotoms. I mean, it's a fan, shouldn't it be made of steel already?

M-Beedrill - bug/dark
Now it gets the adaptibility boost on knock off and u turn, it's two most important moves on a regular set. For flavor, well, it looks pretty vicious and set to kill. The poison type does nothing for it except for killing a few fairies anyway.

The lake fairies - all change to pure fairy
They're all tricksters, and all resemble pixies. Plus, it benefits all of them. Uxie is now a respectable wall, azelf doesn't die in a hit and gets a harder hitting dazzling gleam, and mesprit is still shit. Works out well.

Probopass - Rock/electric
While it's still 4x weak to ground, it loses the 4x fighting and can now come in on fire types. Still shit, but the flavor is stronger, what with the compass theme.

Weezing - Poison/fire
It learns fire moves, and you can make a case that it's gases are flammable. Besides, gaining a bunch of resistances is nice, even if water is now a problem.

Sunflora - fire/grass
Slight defensive boost and fits in with the sun theme. Know it's a stretch but whatever.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.