[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Local Multiplayer confirmed for Pokken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Pokken_Tournament01[1].jpg (1 MB, 1280x1807) Image search: [Google]
Pokken_Tournament01[1].jpg
1 MB, 1280x1807
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

>The official website for the upcoming Pokkén Tournament HORI Controller has confirmed a detail which was previously unclear about the Wii U version of the title. It has now been confirmed that the game has Local Battle mode. In this mode, Player 1 has to use the Wii U GamePad as their controller perspective on the GamePad indicating that Player 2 uses the TV screen as their perspective. You cannot use 2 of the HORI Pokkén Controllers to play the game in local multiplayer.
>>
TAG TEAMS WHEN
>>
>fighting game has local multiplayer
This was worthy of an announcement? It is dumb that you can't use 2 Pokken controllers at once though.
>>
>>24896729

Splitscreen in games like this is absolutely horrid.

I know, I've tried splitscreen in the DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi games, and it sucks.

For games like this, both players having their own screen is a blessing.
>>
Yes but who here will be going to D&B's?
>>
>>24896719
What If I don't want to use the gamepad? Not saying I don't like it but my Gamepad's joystick is busted broken because I played too much.
>>
>>24896719
This is bad news. This forces events to have 2 Wii U setups as well as really good wifi to play the game. If the ruleset says we have to use the game pad, someone is going to be at a disadvantage, which is never good for competitive play.
>>
>>24898111

Hi chazolave
>>
>>24896739
I feel like it would have the camera of the Naruto games.
>>
Great, another Wii U game where I'm going to have to master the fucking GamePad in order to convince anyone to play it with me.

Why can't an entire company of human beings get it through their moneygrubbing skulls that THE MORE FUCKING CONTROLLERS YOU FORCE US TO USE, THE HARDER IT IS TO PLAY YOUR FUCKING GAME

Seriously, how can anyone with a normal life git gud at this when you have to be proficient with 3 to 5 different controllers?
>>
File: pooh.gif (2 MB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
pooh.gif
2 MB, 320x287
>You cannot use 2 of the HORI Pokkén Controllers to play the game in local multiplayer.
Thanks a lot, Harada.
>>
>>24896719
>interested in Pokken
>don't wanna buy a Wii U because it's a shitty console that was dropped even by Nintendo themselves
i hope the NX or whatever is going to be called will have backwards compatibility
>>
File: Eggm'an.jpg (37 KB, 242x375) Image search: [Google]
Eggm'an.jpg
37 KB, 242x375
>>24901396
>>
>>24898111
>Wii U can't LAN
>>
>>24898111
>This forces events to have 2 Wii U setups as well as really good wifi to play the game.
>he doesn't know how local multiplayer works on Wii U
>>
>>24897644
I'd pay to play Pokken in D&B
>>
on the subject of pokken, are there any sceptile videos that AREN'T the same suicune matches and combo videos?
>>
>>24896719
This is so fucking stupid. Why wouldn't they allow you to use two Pro controllers or two HORI controllers? It's like they don't want this game to do well in the competitive scene like Smash. What the fuck were they thinking?!
>>
>>24907644
They were thinking the splitscreen or shared screen is fucking stupid for this game. Are you stupid or something? Can't you literally not realize why this shit has to have each player with their own screen?
>>
>>24907654
But now because of this, the game won't be popular in the competitive scene. I was hoping it would become as popular as Smash. It's a major blow for anyone who's hyped for this game.
>>
>>24907670
>muh competitive
They could just boot up two Wii U's and have them match up in online mode
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
>>24907644

Would you really prefer this over each player having their own screen?

Splitscreen does not work for 3D fighters.
>>
Are people actually going to buy that controller? seems like a waste of money to me
>>
>>24907688
All I wanted was for the game to become popular in the competitive scene like Smash and have a strong, flourishing community.
>>
>>24907670
If it was shared screen, this game would get the same treatment the Naruto games get in the competitive scene.
>>
>>24907707
So does that mean there was never any hope for this game to become popular, competitively? Were the Tekken or Soul Calibur games popular, competitively?
>>
>>24907710
They are, sort of, but they're still nowhere near the popularity of strictly 2D fighters.
>>
>>24907732
So does that Pokken Tournament had to be a 2D fighter in order for this not to happen?
>>
I don't get it. None of the Smash games were ever designed to be competitive, they became incredibly popular in the competitive scene. What gives? Why couldn't this game become popular as well? And couldn't they use system link for local multiplayer as well?
>>
>>24896719
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-61YBy_0Vw

No! This is bullshit! If other fighting games have multiple options for controls, then why can't this one as well?!
>>
>>24907815
It does. Stop shilling you shitty video about the game you clearly know nothing about.
>>
>>24907824
I didn't even make the video though...
>>
>>24907792

Because it plays just like already existing popular competitive games. It's basically Tekken for Babbus, there is no reason for the competitive scene to adopt the game too.
>>
>>24907845
>...
Fuck off back to reddit.
>>
File: 1430084593758.jpg (64 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
1430084593758.jpg
64 KB, 500x451
>>24901425
>>
>>24908110

>using periods now means you belong on reddit

it's official, reddit is officially a scapegoat for anything 4chan users don't like.
>>
>>24908150
>Doesn't know the different between a period and an ellipsis.

It's official, faggots from reddit don't know proper grammar. Although that was apparent from the misused ellipsis in the previous post.
>>
>>24896719
Seems like Pokken's competitive scene is killed before it even had a chance to be formed.
>>
>>24896719
If the Wii U version doesn't have system link, it will absolutely fail in the competitive scene. I feared this would happen.
>>
>>24896719
Now I know why most people weren't hyped for this game or paid attention to it. They KNEW it would be a flop in tournaments.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.