[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if the optimal way to progress through the games is with 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: justsaiyan.png (164 KB, 630x683) Image search: [Google]
justsaiyan.png
164 KB, 630x683
So if the optimal way to progress through the games is with 4 pokemon (plus 1-2 HM slaves), who would you say are the best 4 for each generation? I'd say:

Gen 1: Venusaur, Dugtrio, Kadabra/Alakazam, Jolteon
Gen 2: Feraligatr, Ampharos, Crobat, Houndoom
Gen 3: Swampert, Swellow, Manectric, Sableye
Gen 4: Infernape, Staraptor, Roserade, Gastrodon
Gen 5: Excadrill, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Archeops
Gen 6: Greninja, Venusaur, Hawlucha, Aegislash
>>
>>24896475
Why are you talking about this like it matters? Pokemon campaign is the most entry level RPG I can think of, you literally cannot lose. You wouldn't get those Pokemon from the start anyway, you'd have to progress through the game with other mons before you find those, so the idea is inherently flawed. By the time you finish going around and finding all of them, someone who actually spent their time beating the game would've already done so long ago.
>>
Level 100 Meowth for every game.
>>
>>24896941

actually these are mons that are available pretty early on, and will make the game a breeze. the earlier mons will easily carry you to the later ones, and the four together will make the E4 a joke.
>>
File: 1447996865574.jpg (83 KB, 378x830) Image search: [Google]
1447996865574.jpg
83 KB, 378x830
>Brobat not in every gen except 1

What the fuck are you doing man.
>>
>nothing aside from color evokes water element
>not the fountain effect with its hair, tail, and patterns

The only of the monkeys I like never gets any love
>>
>>24896475
>optimal
4 is too much to be optimal.

I could make a list, but they would all be basically, Use starter till you obtain legendary, final team is usually, Starter in 3rd or maybe still 2nd form, Legendary, 1-2 HM Slaves.

The teams you have listed are good, but not optimal, they are difficult to obtain compared to the optimal, and go far above and beyond what is necessary to complete the main plot.
>>
The elemental monkeys have always seemed like Pansage/Simisage were designed first as standalones, and then the others were made as an afterthought.
>>
>>24897872
>they are difficult to obtain

they're all common along your normal route though, or just plain given to you. sableye is a bit out of the way, you're right.
>>
i used jellicent in pokemon black and it was fucking trash, i think i might have been using it wrong but i taught it will-o-wisp, recover, surf and ghost ball
>>
>>24897933
Compared to a free starter and encounter with a overpowered Legendary, one which will be over leveled for early content and the other has huge base stats to sweep the Elite Four with a handful of X stat items to help the level difference.

The problem with most of these is that you'd have to actually split exp between your starter and one of them to actually evolve them into something useful while your Starter stays useful for most of the game, if they have a bad matchup use an item. Recovery items and X stat items are both extremely overpowered.
>>
Simi/panpour's eyes aren't ^^ smiley
the pupils are white because it's blind, to fit it to the see not evil, hear no evil, speak no evil the others work with
>>
>>24896475
replace kadabra/alakazam with either gyarados or snorlax in gen 1
replace houndoom with heracross in gen 2
replace sableye with gardevoir in gen 3
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.