[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite Pokéball?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 15
File: Quick_Ball.png (376 KB, 664x664) Image search: [Google]
Quick_Ball.png
376 KB, 664x664
What is your favorite Pokéball?
>>
File: 1045928.jpg (167 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1045928.jpg
167 KB, 800x1000
>what
Luxury ball has a nice design.
>>
File: Style-statement.jpg (10 KB, 460x314) Image search: [Google]
Style-statement.jpg
10 KB, 460x314
>>24895743
The masterballs that I hide between the legs, I'm saving them to catch a Lopunny and Gardevoir.
>>
File: ok.png (30 KB, 180x159) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
30 KB, 180x159
>>24895754
No, you should save it for a strong Pokemon like Tentacruel or Fearow!
>>
File: Love_Ball.png (25 KB, 119x113) Image search: [Google]
Love_Ball.png
25 KB, 119x113
>>
File: UltraBallArt.png (300 KB, 635x634) Image search: [Google]
UltraBallArt.png
300 KB, 635x634
Hyper balls!
>>
File: Ball-friend1.png (26 KB, 119x113) Image search: [Google]
Ball-friend1.png
26 KB, 119x113
>>
Levelball or luxuryball, but I always try to fit the pokes on pokeball they look good.
>>
Man, it would be really nice to have the Gen 2 Apricorn Balls back. They could be changed to grow in normal dirt patches like berries can be. I just want more visual options to color code to my Pokemon.
>>
File: Shiny pokeball.png (8 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
Shiny pokeball.png
8 KB, 150x150
>>24895743
>>
File: 1240393095655.jpg (71 KB, 639x595) Image search: [Google]
1240393095655.jpg
71 KB, 639x595
Post yfw in Z they put the apricorn balls for sale in the Pokéball Boutique in Lumiose.
>>
File: what.png (10 KB, 907x393) Image search: [Google]
what.png
10 KB, 907x393
>>24895855
Dream Balls too
>>
>>24895848
>>24895855
But the Apricorn balls were mostly worthless.

>Level Ball - Allows the player to catch wild Pokémon; works better on Pokémon of levels lower than the Pokémon currently in battle.

No complaint here.

>Lure Ball - Allows the player to catch wild Pokémon; works better while fishing.

Just a slightly worse Dive Ball. Basically the same as the Net Ball too.

>Moon Ball - Allows the player to catch wild Pokémon; works better on Pokémon that evolve with a Moon Stone.

What, so 6 evolutionary lines? That's such a waste. At least throw fairy type into the mix or some shit.

>Friend Ball - Sets caught Pokémon's friendship to 200.

This one is more acceptable, 16 evolutions are affected by happiness, so it would help there.

>Love Ball - Allows the player to catch wild Pokémon; works better on Pokémon of the opposite gender, but same species as the player's Pokémon.

This is frustratingly restricting, like why the same species? Id rather they change it just to opposite gender, but if they want to limit us, at least change it to the same egg groups.

>Heavy Ball - Allows the player to catch wild Pokémon; works better on heavier Pokémon.

This one is a neat idea. Maybe adjust the ratios, but overall fine.

>Fast Ball - Allows the player to catch wild Pokémon; works better on fast Pokémon. (base Speed of at least 100)

A cool idea like the Heavy Ball, but it is stupid to only work on Pokemon with 100 speed or higher. Change to a ratio similar to the Heavy Ball setup and it would work better.

>Sport Ball - Allows the player to catch wild Pokémon in the Bug-Catching Contest.

Just a glorified Safari Ball with the stats of a Great Ball.

Also, for those who want the Dream Balls too, what would their mechanic be? I'd like a 3-4x boost on sleeping Pokemon, but that might be considered OP with Spore/False Swipe Brelooms.
>>
>>24895874
Are you autistic?
>>
>>24895875
Possibly, but that is besides the point. I've already thought about how they could re-integrate the Apricorn balls a bunch and wanted to share.
>>
>>24895874
So Mr. Autism, what would your suggestion be for the Lure Ball.
>>
File: NetBall.jpg (3 KB, 80x88) Image search: [Google]
NetBall.jpg
3 KB, 80x88
all other answers are wrong
>>
File: Allballs2.png (318 KB, 484x575) Image search: [Google]
Allballs2.png
318 KB, 484x575
>>24895874
But almost all people love the Apricorn balls because of the aesthetics, not because the functionality.
>>
File: heavy ball.png (22 KB, 119x113) Image search: [Google]
heavy ball.png
22 KB, 119x113
I would sell my ass for steel types in heavy balls
>>
>>24895892
Well, it is very similar to the Dive Ball. I would drop the rate that Dive Balls get from fishing.

Dive Ball
3.5× if used while underwater.
2.5× if used while fishing while surfing.
1.5× if used while surfing.
1.5× if used while fishing on land.

Lure Ball
3× if used while fishing on land.
3.5× if used while fishing while surfing.

I also feel that the Net Ball should get a catch rate reduction for water pokemon, maybe 2x.
>>
>>24895909
Don't you feel you are over complicating a children's game?
>>
I think it would be cool to see other trainers use other types of Pokeballs. See bug catchers with Nett Balls, or Ace Trainers with Ultra or Dusk Balls. It would be a small detail that could really help develop the atmosphere.
>>
Quick ball or dream world

Quick because it's the most useful imo and dream world because it's pretty
>>
>>24895874
I think more balls similar to the Net Ball would be a cool aspect. Group two or so types together for a better catch rate. Stuff like Ground and Rock, or Psychic and Fairy, or Dark and Ghost. Dragon and Fire, Electric and Steel.

After you get the obvious ones, the rest kinda feel sloppy. Maybe mix Grass with Ground and give Rock to Ice. Fighting and Normal kinda works. Poison and Flying I guess would be last.
>>
>>24895906
You could always catch a Steelix, Skarmory, Magneton, Forretress or Scizor in HGSS and trade it up.
>>
>>24895906
I wish there was a way to pass down the fathers pokeball through breeding. Maybe make a new item or rework a old one to have that effect when breeding.
>>
Premier Balls are pretty stylish to me, I loved that you could buy them in Kalos. I like to challenge myself by getting legendaries with Premier Balls as well.
Cherish Balls are pretty nice too, though a bit gaudy.
>>
How about we invent new pokeballs?

>Myth Ball
Good at catching Legendary pokemon, Dragons and Fairy types. The effect is cumulative, so it works best on legendary dragons, or, if one existed, a legendary Dragon/Fairy.

>Snack Ball
Contains a tasty treat that makes the pokemon more willing to be caught. Same catch rate as Great Ball, but generates a pokeblock/poffin/whatever in your bag of the caught pokemon's favorite type.

>Frontier Ball
Can only be bought at Battle frontier/Tower/Subway/PWT/whatever in the post game in exchange for Battle Points. Maxes out the caught pokemon's IV's. (This sets their Hidden Power to Dark).

>Talent Ball
The caught pokemon's Ability changes to its Hidden Ability. You can change it back by switching what kind of Ball it's in, that way you don't feel stupid when you catch something with a worthless HA like Durant or something.

>Spirit Ball
Color it like the Ghost trap from Ghostbusters. It works best on Ghost and Dark type pokemon.

>Poison Ball
Works good on Poison types. Works better on pokemon afflicted by poison.
>>
>>24895996
Male and genderless pokemon should pass their balls with ditto inho
>>
>>24895757
Ayy
>>
>>24896040
>Myth Ball
>Spirit Ball
>Poison Ball

Why not make pokeballs for each type then?

>Volcan Ball
Works better on Fire and Rock types, and burned pokemon too.

>Mag Ball
Works better on Electric and Steel types.

>Jungle Ball
Works better on Bug and Grass types.
>>
Original pokeball only. The effect on all the others is too flashy and doesn't have the iconic look
>>
I really like premier ball, but why isn't it called secret ball or promo ball or something?
>>
>>24895966
Level ball was most useful.
>>
File: Pokemon_honedge.png (239 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_honedge.png
239 KB, 500x509
>>24895900
I caught my girl in one of those
>>
Lure and Heal
>>
>>24895855
They really should, there are even a few apricorn balls on display in the cabinets
>>
File: Cherish Ball.png (120 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Cherish Ball.png
120 KB, 512x512
>>24895900
>>24895906
/thread
>>
>>24896245
Premier Balls for legendary/shiny/special pokemon. Normal Pokemon for the rest. I like the challenge personally.
>>
>>24896029
This. I keep all my pokemon in pokeballs as much as possible and my aces in premier balls
>>
>>24896236
It really seems like the kind of thing they'd sell one or two of a day.
Nothing says fancy french poke ball store like a limited daily stock of imported artisanal hand-crafted poke balls.
>>
Premier Ball but Cherish Ball are nice too when event only. Dive Balls are good too.

Fuck Master Ball, literally the down syndrome of pokeballs.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.