[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Flash Cannon really worthwhile coverage on Hydreigon? Considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 1427975493912.gif (2 MB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
1427975493912.gif
2 MB, 320x239
Is Flash Cannon really worthwhile coverage on Hydreigon? Considering most relevant fairies that are relevant save for Clefable are either neutral to Steel-type attacks, or hit harder by its other coverage options.
>inb4 Diancie
I play on cart, so that aren't happen
>>
>>24895353
>most relevant fairies that are relevant
I dun goofed
>>
>>24895353
No. Have a dedicated fairy counter (not a check), and let hydreigon do what its good at.
>>
>>24895362
Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been thinking. Everybody else seems to be slapping Flash Cannon onto it to cover Fairies, but most of them are too specially bulky
>>
Whats a good set for it?
>>
>>24895353
Run rash or naughty and hold life orb. Get coverage moves such as superpower and flash cannon.
Dark pulse and draco are powerful special STAB moves on Hydra and flash cannon is a good option to carry to cover his/her fairy and ice weakness.
Superpower is baiting chansey and blissey because they're the only ones who soak all your special attacks.
Life orb to hit harder and neutralize the stat drop that superpower have.
>>
>>24895394
>rash or naughty
lowers your special defence
>life orb
reduces your hp
>superpower
lowers your attack and defence
>draco meteor
lowers your special attack

why even bother
>>
File: images.jpg (25 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
25 KB, 284x177
>>24895388
Here's a general guide

Modest / Mild / Rash
4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
Life Orb / Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
Any two of:
>Fire Blast/Flamethrower (Life Orb, Choice Specs, Choice Scarf)
>Earth Power (Life Orb/Choice Specs/Choice Scarf)
>Flash Cannon (Life Orb/Choice Specs)
>Superpower (Life Orb)
>Roost (Life orb)
>Substitute (Life Orb/Leftovers)
>U-Turn (Scarf)

Also Dragon Pulse can fit in there somewhere just because the animation for Hydreigon using it is really cool
>>
>>24895421
who do you hit with earth power?
>>
>>24895403
Mixed sets always run a specially defense reducing nature. Defense is much worse because priority dominates the meta, and speed is a very important to have, even if he wants to outspeed certain mons.
Life orb has a 30% boost on any attacks and expert belt only has a 20% boost on "super effective" moves. It's better option to have the suicide purple than the black rope.
Stat dropping attacks can be devastating if you don't judge it on how it works, either you decide to stay or hit on your first turn.
Take note that +/-1 stat is 33% and +/-2 is 50%, so switching out a lot is my only option at this.
I don't have anything better than this.
>>
>>24895421
Thanks man, this is good. How useful is Roost?
>>
>>24895423
Heatran
>>
>>24895432
is that all?
>>
>>24895428
Facing a stall team
>>
>>24895435
It's a cool move?
>>
>>24895423
Heatran, Bisharp, and to a lesser extent, Azumarill and Tyranitar. I used to run a mixed set in gen 5 with Superpower, but since Fairies dethroned it as the games most powerful breaker of walls I've gone with a fully special spread. Earth Power hits a lot of what Superpower used to, especially if you run Specs.

>>24895428
Facing defensive teams and healing off Life Orb damage when prediction is right
>>
>>24895439
Destroying physical walls, and it's an actually a rare coverage move.
>>
>>24895435
you can hit steel types that are cheeky enough to switch in expecting a DROP IT. its switchable with flamethrower, but do decide the move on what your team likes more.

Hydreigon doesnt function alone. It's dependent on fairy removal, and it smashes holes in the opponent's team. Just choose what moves your team likes more.
>>
>>24895435
I really hate Heatran
>>
>>24895450
Eh, most physical walls are hit just as hard, if not harder by Dark Pulse or (Fire coverage). Think Skarmory, Forretress, Mega Aggron, and so on. Earth Power is situational, but it's generally a safe click when gambling on coverage.
>>
>>24895449
>literally deluding yourself into thinking earth power > superpower for bisharp and tyranitar
>ever staying in on azu

???
>>
>>24895460
>Spit garbage and miss
I'll switch in with a tank for fucks sake
>>
>>24895460
Of course Superpower is better against those two, but it's still an option to consider on a fully special set, especially if you're running specs.

In the case of Azumarill, I should have been more specific and said it was Hydreigons best bet when expecting an Azu switch in, or revenge killing it with prior damage. I think it 2HKOs with specs, too.
>>
>>24895423
fire, electric, poison, rock, and steel types.

flash cannon takes care of rocks, but earth power is more powerful
>>
>>24895353
Earth Power is good for nuking Groudon in VGC.

Plus levitate - Hes not bad at all.
>>
Earth power isn't really worth it anymore. It was much more valuable in gen 5 for heatran when steel wasn't nerfed like it is now. But u can probably power through heatran with dark pulse or superpower, and u hit and ton of more stuff
>>
>>24895353
Just use partner it with empoleon or Mawile
>>
File: hydreigon98.jpg (106 KB, 364x510) Image search: [Google]
hydreigon98.jpg
106 KB, 364x510
>>24895698
Pretty much this. Most steel types don't threaten it much anymore, so the only reason to use Earth Power is for good neutral coverage and the ability to hit Mawile and Bisharp. Fire Blast is probably better though, since Heatran is now hit neutral by Dark Pulse and Scizor could threaten it otherwise.
>>
>>24895376
>but most of them are too specially bulky
This is the exact reason why you shouldn't bother.
>>
>>24895426
>suicide purple
Did you mean pebble? For some reason that sentence triggered the hell out of me.
>>
>>24898833
The item itself is purple, so probably not.
>>
>>24895421
Why not timid? Does it really lose that much punch?
>>
Who would be a better fairy remover to help Hydreigon, M-Venusaur or M-Scizor?
>>
>>24899160
Actually include M-Metagross in the question too.
>>
>>24899069
You could run a +speed nature if you really want, but base 98 speed falls just short of the mark, so it would only outspeed very specific things
>>
>>24899160
>>24899168
They're all really good, honestly. Honorable mentions go to Mawile and Gengar too.

>M-Plantasaurus
Healing, resists Fighting and Fairy, Sleep Powder. Hydreigon covers Psychic weakness.
>Pinchy/M-Pinchy
Priority, resists Ice, Fairy, Bug, and Dragon. Physical attacker to complement Hydreigons special attacks, and hits fairies on their weaker defensive stat. Also scouts with U-Turn and Hydreigon covers Fire weakness.
>Spiderbot/M-Spiderbot
Covers all of Hydreigons weaknesses and vice-versa. Hits super hard and blows away special walls.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.