[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ORAS: Pros & Cons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: pros & cons.png (425 KB, 6000x1200) Image search: [Google]
pros & cons.png
425 KB, 6000x1200
Discuss!
>>
>>24895175
Pro: No having to deal with flipping roller skates.
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228 KB, 893x1200) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228 KB, 893x1200
>pros
-being able to fly to routes. This is the only feature I genuinely want in every game from now on
-some of the new megas

>cons
>>
DexNav tbqh. Also soaring—didn't need to use a flying Pokemon for once.
>>
I'd rather not discuss it actually, thanks
>>
>>24895175
waste of time talking about it.
>>
>>24895187

this and flying to routes. All else is useless.

I don't know what was the big deal with secret bases, everybody missed them.
>>
File: 1450832217825.png (45 KB, 205x126) Image search: [Google]
1450832217825.png
45 KB, 205x126
>>24895185

>That list image.

I know ORAS wasn't some PGOTY, but gotta love how much hate toward this game is being forced. Unlike the gen 1 problem list it's desperately trying to mimic here, this list is mostly grasping at straws. Bet most of the people acting massively butthurt over this game still play it like everybody else who didn't get triggered by the fact it wasn't exactly like their head canon tier game. Watch gen 7/Sinnoh remakes roll on out and this game starts getting praised while these people pretend they never hated it.
>>
>>24895392
>this list is mostly grasping at straws

nah, the gen 1 version also grasps at straws

>th-these mechanics I don't like are all bugs guys, r-really!
>you'll definitely encounter all these hard to find exploits in your average playthrough so that means the game is shit!

>while these people pretend they never hated it
no, unless the battle frontier magically shows up in the game it's always going to be hated. Don't delude yourself.
>>
>>24895418
>>you'll definitely encounter all these hard to find exploits in your average playthrough so that means the game is shit!
>Ghost has no affect on Psychic when it's meant to do double damage
Yeah, going into battles. Definitely hard to find. Also, can you prove that the other things listed really are intended mechanics?
>>
>>24895175
We should just all agree that while oras werent that bad, they arent very good either. Its wasted potential where it was important so those will be bad games for me no matter what anyone says.
>>
File: 1449509022773.jpg (148 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1449509022773.jpg
148 KB, 1111x597
>>24895418

>No muh battle frontier, therfore we must always hate it.

Fucking Kek. You just demonstrated as a nice example of the people grasping straws to hate Oras.
>>
I didn't like how some things were just a copy paste from XY. Character customization and lack of BF actually bother me the least.
Terrible stubby trainer models and lame battle intros which were also in XY. Many of the trainer models don't even have turning animations and just slide to face you, which is incredibly lazy and awkward to look at.
Delta episode was such a chore and wasn't interesting at all. Ride to space on M Rayquaza was pretty cool but Deoxys can get accidentally OHKO'd by M Rayquaza and you'd have to do all the catching him, battling Zinnia and go through the cutscene again which ruins the mood.
Bosses (Aqua/Magma, E4, Gym Leaders, etc) are also no challenge at all, which is bad because battles feel more memorable and fun when they're at least even just slightly challenging, rather than just sweeping all of their pokemon. The only trainer who gave me just a bit of trouble was Steven, which is good considering he's the final battle.
>>
>>24895471
I don't hate ORAS just because of the battle frontier, but I hate ORAS for many other reasons and I complain about there being no BF because it's the only thing that can make the two shit games we're stuck with tolerable.
>>
>>24895175
I only liked the music
>>
>>24895392
Gen 1 was inarguably worse, since it only nitpicked on specific game mechanics absolutely nobody cared about back then. It was clearly made by some smogon autist who can't view Pokemon as anything more than a set of numbers.
>>
>>24895762
Whole new levels moves items and abilities, no yeah let me just toss all those things in with the level of care and consideration you expect and not have it take as long as it did the first time I came up with all that shit
Might as well make a hard game, nonlinear with scaling and everything. I want to pick my first gym for myself
>>
>>24895175
>Eon Flute/Latis Soaring is both a pro and a con

The Anti-ORAS hate is a fucking joke at this point.
>>
Honestly, the only reason I prefer this version to the original is the physical/special split. This game has clunky graphics, it's not challenging, it didn't add any cool new features (besides soaring), and it has a tiny post game. The most underwhelming of all remakes
>>
>>24895185
PokéMarts and Pokémon Centers are seperated because they serve different functions and are ran by different organs of PokéGovernment, not "just because"
>>
>>24896232
They could have kept them fused and use the extra space available to set up clothing shops, and stock up on "warmer" clothes for ORAS protags.

DexNav is probably the best addition to the games.

>tfw the battle intros of XY will be kept as a standard
>No more full body trainer sprites
>>
>>24895175
That part about Battle Maison is just complete bullshit and tells me that guy who made that picture has no fucking clue what he's talking about. Battle Maison sure as hell isn't "ridiculous" for competitive players, and it's actually been confirmed by dataminers that the game does NOT cheat. Also, the opponets don't have any advantages over you since they often use complete shitmons and gimmicky sets that are backed up by horrible AI. It's the player who's having the advantage, not the game.
>>
File: 1390802169649.jpg (78 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1390802169649.jpg
78 KB, 1000x1000
>>24895175
>From a competitive standpoint, the Battle Resort is like a wonderful dream...
>>
pros: everything else

cons: no battle frontier.
>>
File: swampert in the rain.jpg (98 KB, 900x713) Image search: [Google]
swampert in the rain.jpg
98 KB, 900x713
>>24896437
To make my own list,

Pros:
>Super Secret Bases are a huge improvement from RSE
>Dexnav is fucking fantastic and I hope it returns
>some of the remixes are good
>May is an actual character that doesn't disappear after Lilycove
>Wally has a bigger role without being super annoying like the XY rivals, final battle is hype
>Sea Mauville is a good compromise for having to censor the Abandoned Ship, doesn't lose anything major
>GTS is actually useable compared to Gen 4 or 5
>trainers and Gym Leaders surprisingly not nerfed too much, some actually buffed assuming you don't use the OP methods thrown at you
>Kyogre/Groudon not made easier to catch, not forced to catch
>muh bro Swampert got a decent Megaevolution if you put him in Pokken I'll be completely satisfied

Cons:
>NO BATTLE FRONTIER
>NO SAFARI GAME
>EVERY DOUBLE BATTLE HAS ONLY TWO POKEMON EVEN THOUGH EMERALD FIXED THAT FOR A REASON
The above three are the biggest issues for me, just need to emphasize
>Game Corner removed with no Voltorb Flip replacement
>Trick Room has less puzzles
>New Mauville is TWO ROOMS
>you get the overpowered Exp. Share even earlier than you already would in RSE with it turned on by default (I'm glad I knew from XY to turn it off so it didn't ruin my game)
>literally FORCED to take Lati@s with a Mega Stone
>>to the point that they make you remove a party member to shove it on your team fuck you too Ohmori
>sheen removed from Contest stats and berry blending removed, now just forcefeed your Pokémon perfect blocks and max out its stats in everything and win every Contest without trying
>the entire fucking Delta Episode except for riding Rayquaza and the Deoxys fight
>some of the remixes are shit (fucking Route 113)
>Safari Zone not expanded like in Emerald (not that it would help because NO SAFARI GAME)
>no Mirage Tower, Desert Underpass, Artisan Cave, or other Emerald areas

Overall I consider it inferior to Emerald and not nearly as much care was given as HGSS.
>>
>>24896551
Oh, and characters teleporting you to different areas, one of which you're forced to take, forgot to mention that.
>>
>>24896551
wait, why did they have to censor the ship?
>>
>>24896569
There was a shipwreck in Japan before ORAS came out, Japan is super sensitive about that kind of stuff so they had to change it by Japanese customs, it's the same reason that Earthquake episode in the Hoenn Ashnime never got aired, it was going to air right after an earthquake happened in Japan.
>>
>>24896551
>>NO SAFARI GAME
The Safari game was literal hell, especially in Kanto.
>>
File: 1433567607451.jpg (36 KB, 322x378) Image search: [Google]
1433567607451.jpg
36 KB, 322x378
>>24896616
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.