[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need your help /vp/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11
I have a demo disc for the GameCube that is supposed to update Ruby/Sapphire. This update also happens to give you a Shiny Zigzagoon with Extremespeed. Only problem is that the update fails every time on both of my copies of Ruby/Sapphire. Do any of you have an ideas to get the update/ Zigzagoon? I'll give one to anyone who can help me out.
>>
>>24894110
Here's a better picture for proof, my first picture is pretty shitty.
>>
>>24894110
A lot of those events are only for specific dates. That's how I got my event roms for Gen 4 to work, no reason to assume gen 3 events don't work the same way.

Try changing the date on your gamecube to when the Zigzagoon was actually given out.
>>
Is it a real copy of the game?
>>
>>24894118
BTW my Ruby has a replaced battery but my Sapphire is dead and I have not gotten around to replacing the battery. The update fails on both cartridges, Both carts also freeze on Berry Update Program. It never gets further than this.
>>
>>24894110
Is your internal battery dead? My Colosseum Bonus Disc won't update the berry glitch when transferring Jirachis to carts with a dead battery
>>
>>24894125
Yes, both carts are real, I can open them up and post them if you would like.

>>24894119
I will try that thanks.
>>
>>24894138
Ruby has a replaced battery, Sapphire is dead.
>>
>>24894119
The difference with Gen IV/V distro carts/roms is that it was never meant to belong to private owners, and to be destroyed after the event was over

Stuff like these GCN discs were for consumers, and were meant to work unlimited
>>
>>24894119
Changed the date on my GC to be when the disc was still in service, nothing changed.
>>
>>24894131
Well another problem could be your cable. You have it taped, so I assume it's somewhat fucked up.
>>
Did you already update your games in the past?
>>
I got a slightly different error message with my Sapphire cart. I'm going to try and see if my local retro store has a new GC to GBA cable tomorrow morning.
>>
>>24894161
That's the thing, the cable works fine but its kinda loose at the end of the GBA side and I sit far from the TV so I didn't want to take chance with me tugging it too hard or something. Regardless, I'm going to get a new one anyways.
>>
>>24894176
I've never gone out of my way to do it before with this disc. I have used the Colosseum bonus disc before as well as transfered with XD on my Ruby. This demo disc has a glitch where it will give you the Zigzagoon multiple times even if you have the update, I have seen someone on YouTube get the Zigzagoon multiple times with a patched game.
>>
>>24894221
https://youtu.be/QunGQLqLEIU?t=4m5s

Here's the video of the disc giving someone with the update the zigzagoon.
>>
>>24894210
Well I'll keep the thread open until it gets 404d/archived. I'll try to help you out when you report back.

Also, how's the disc? Is it scratched?
Also, make sure your ports arent dirty, it could hinder the connection.
>>
>>24894245
Disc is working great, it's just looping the various other videos and demos on the disc. I'll try to take a picture of the back for you though.
>>
>>24894245
I'll also clean out the ports as much as I can without opening the console up. Don't know how much you can see from the picture but there aren't many scratches on the disc. One slight blemish on the left side, is all I could really see. I have a terrible Melee that runs great so I don't think it is the disc. Should I try updating the berry program using the other methods like FR/LG or Bonus Disc for Colosseum?
>>
I've noticed from various YouTube videos that there is supposed to be a pokeball animation that shows up, but it never does for me. Both carts just instantly go to Update Failure.
>>
>>24894291
Your disc is likely fine. Normally disc problems result in a crash on the GameCube side.

You could attempt to update the berry glitch with your Colosseum BD, just to see if it is updated already. I'm thinking that may be the problem? Maybe you can only get multiple zigzagoon if the initial update was made with that disc only
>>
>>24894138
Just tried using the Colosseum Bonus Disc to update Ruby, It just kinda stopped as I already have a Jirachi for each cart.
>>
>>24894345
I don't suppose you have sufficient hardware to backup your save so you can temporarily start a new file?

Regardless, if you obtained the Jirachi, then the berry glitch is already fixed. That is why I'll assume the other disc isn't working for you
>>
>>24894344
I just checked the update by using FR and two GBAs and Sapphire went through and said it was already updated but Ruby just fails the update. Is Ruby glitched somehow? The game works fine and I was just playing it earlier to get the regis.
>>
>>24894354
I restarted my save on Sapphire and tried the disc before I posted but nothing has changed. I'll get a new cable tomorrow and if that doesn't help it may be that I need to fix the glitch with only that disc.
>>
>>24894373
You said the Ruby's battery was working, right?
>>
>>24894386
Yes, I replaced the battery a few days ago and it does not have the "battery has run dry" message anymore.
>>
>>24894386
If it matters at all, the battery for Ruby died ~1.5 months ago before I replaced it Wednesday.
>>
If or when I get this sorted out, I want to post documentation somewhere for this demo disc, almost no one really knows about it.
>>
>>24894397
I'm thinking perhaps your copy of Ruby may be one of the "newer" versions produced after the berry glitch was permanently fixed. Only the early RS copies have the glitch. Regardless, I don't even know why'd it prevent you from reviving the Zigzagoon since all RS copies can still receive the Bonus Disc Jirachi. Maybe that disc is just different and won't allow it if the berry glitch is fixed
>>
>>24894420
I'm sure the ISO is online somewhere, but if not, try dumping it
>>
>>24894426
It might be a newer version. Ruby has a 2002 date on the board though, did Nintendo never change the date on the boards? I'm gonna replace the Sapphire battery soon but I don't have any extra on me right now so it'll have to wait till' I get some more.
>>
>>24894460
It's a copyright date so they may have never changed the date on it. Serial on the board is AGB-E05-01.
>>
>>24894437
When I get around to dumping it, where should I upload it to?
>>
>>24894468
>>24894460
They all have 2002 copyright. I'll have to do research to see if the serial is different between versions, or if there are any indicators.

I know FRLG have two versions, indicated if the word "Presents" appears under the GameFreak logo. No "Presents" is version 1. With "Presents" is version 2. That's pointless to this topic though, and is just a bit of trivia.

>>24894475
Uh, not sure. Maybe go ask someone at Project Pokemon in their IRC if they want it on their site/can recommend a site to upload the ISO. NintendoAge is another site that would probably be interested
>>
>>24894524
Now I'm sure Ruby is an updated version. Apparently in v1.0 there were a few typos in some Pokedex entries(Mawile being spelled Mawhile) and I'm not far enough along in Sapphire to test it out. I'll ask those sites tomorrow if they would want an iso or something. Thanks for all of your help tonight. I'll post tomorrow if I get it to work or if I have sort of update.
>>
>>24894576
Wow, I never knew about the Mawhile thing. Apparently it's only a glitch in Ruby though, not Sapphire.
Well I'll be around tomorrow if you report back, but hopefully all goes well with your problem

From what I understand from my research, the Zigzagoon should be transferable regardless if the glitch is fixed or not. I'm assuming either a) your cable is shit, or b) your ports are filthy

Other than that, I don't really know. You may have to talk to more knowledgable people about this stuff on NintendoAge or ProjectPokemon
>>
>>24894147
>to be destroyed after the event was over
Hot damn that's brutal
>>
>>24894669
They literally send them off to a waste management facility where they are destroyed and recycled. Luckily we have people who stole these things before they got sent back to Nintendo. Distro carts from GameStop are easier to come by. Toys R Us distros like Arceus and Shaymin and Manaphy are super-rare due to tighter control over making sure the carts got sent back.

>>24894576
I just remembered something. When I first tried using my Colosseum Bonus Disc, I couldn't get the Jirachi to transfer. I fixed the problem by switching on my Game Boy as soon as it told me to do so on my TV screen. What I was doing was waiting until the next screen where it showed it was ready to connect. It doesn't seem like it should be a problem, but it was. Idk how the disc you have works, but it may be a similar case.
>>
>>24894437
>>24894475
Just found the ISO is already online and easily available to anyone, like I kinda figured. Don't worry about dumping it, but you may still want to hit up NintendoAge and/or ProjectPokemon if you still can't fix your problem.

Just looked for one of these on eBay, and there are non of disc 16. I guess they're pretty rare.
>>
bump for OP
>>
>>24896356
Thanks, I'm back. I got it working! The local game store I went to had just sold their last Gamecube to GBA Link Cable so I couldn't get a new one but I stopped by RadioShack (One still exists near me, crazy right?) and I got a new battery for my Sapphire. I replaced it and the disc work first try for Sapphire. I'm glad I got it to work! Thanks /vp/!
>>
>>24897367
Turns out you can't update if you have a cart that isn't v1.0 or has a dried battery. I am a man of my work though, and I'll be giving away some of these zigzagoons later tonight if you guys want to start posting friend codes.
>>
>>24897367
You can't see it that well but they are there. They are shiny as well, I've heard somewhere that they have extremespeed but from what I see, that was false.
>>
>>24897439
People are confusing two events. You could get a non-shiny Extremespeed Zigzagoon from Pokemon Box, which could ALSO be used to to fix this glitch.
>>
>>24897367
So it was the battery even though it wasn't totally dead yet? Odd. How about your Ruby?

>>24897382
>Turns out you can't update if you have a cart that isn't v1.0 or has a dried battery.
I think I had mentioned that earlier, but yeah. I had discovered the same thing with my Colosseum Bonus Disc. The pokemon should be able to be transferred regardless if the berry glitch gets updated or not.

>>24897439
This >>24897500

Anyway: 1521-3078-8309; Vikki

I'd gladly take a Zigzagoon since I haven't obtained that disc myself yet.
It's odd, I'm normally the one giving away free rare pokemon, not the one receiving one. I appreciate it. But I have pretty much every rare pokemon you could ask for, if you need any mythical or something in particular, let me know. I'd rather give you something you'd need in exchange for the Zig

I'll be around off and on the rest of the night. Just let me know when you have the Zigs transferred and ready to trade.
>>
>>24897874
The zigzagoons are transferred and I'm ready to trade whenever and I don't really need anything because I have a Living Dex. If you have a HA Swinub, I'd appreciate it but, no worries if you don't have one.

Friend Code is 0820-0784-0185; Neal
>>
>>24899978
Added you. I have a living dex as well, but no HA Swinub... do you need the shiny Arceus, Diancie, Xerneas, or Yveltal by any chance?
>>
>>24900161
Nah, I don't need any of those. Just trade me whatever trade fodder/junk pokemon you want for it.
>>
>>24899978
>>24900161
>this friend code is not valid
>>
>>24900173
Sorry, I made a typo.

0920-0784-0185; Neal
>>
File: 1412596319393.png (88 KB, 232x230) Image search: [Google]
1412596319393.png
88 KB, 232x230
>>24900192
Thanks again for the Zigzagoon, anon.
Glad I could help you with your problem too.
>>
>>24900285
Yeah no problem, Thanks for helping me.
>>
>>24900319
I'm curious about one thing.

Did you get this disc on eBay, and would you mind saying how much you paid for it? I haven't seen any "Disc Volume 16" on eBay, and I know next to nothing about the value/rarity.
>>
>>24900386
I got it a few months ago on ebay, I had been keeping an eye out for it for a year or so. I got it for ~$30 but I got lucky, usually they were around the $150 range.
>>
Uh anyone have the .pkx?
>>
>>24903689
I'll post it in the homebrew thread in a few minutes.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.