[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time to give you nostalgiafags a wakeup call. Normies need not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: firered-leafgreen.jpg (85 KB, 470x235) Image search: [Google]
firered-leafgreen.jpg
85 KB, 470x235
Time to give you nostalgiafags a wakeup call. Normies need not apply.
Pokemon Firered and leafgreen are the worst pokemon games to be released by nintendo ever. Yes, you read that correctly.
All of your nostalgia makes this wrung out excuse of a remake even worse, as you are praising garbage. Nintendo should have stopped milking the kanto region with Pokemon yellow, and if they were to continue milking it, they should have done it at least decently. It is clear that far too much thought was put into these games.
It is a game clearly intended for young children, with all of the tutorials and watered down material, yet close to impossible to beat the game with a good team under normal circumstances in a reasonable amount of time. Even with gameshark codes the game still tries to stop you from cheating with things like not being able to evolve your pokemon. Whem you get around to actually progressing the story, it is not even worth doing because of how unoriginal and tedious it is. Pokemon X and Y would be the worst pokemon games if they didn't have a mediocre plot.
>but muh kanto
The kanto region is easily the worst region. People complain that other generations have no creative pokemon (ex. garbage pokemon in pokemon black), but there are literally NO creative pokemon in kanto at all. There is nothing special about Kanto, at all.
Don't get me wrong, it is possible to put too much and too little (pokemon x and y) thought into making a pokemon game. However, you need to reach a nice middle ground, like pokemon black or pokemon ruby. If you are going to put 0 thought into it, at least do it well, as seen in Pokemon diamond. The same goes for too much, as seen in Pokemon Hg.
Effort makes the game, Nintendo.
>>
File: 1450700521324.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1450700521324.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>24891953
>yet close to impossible to beat the game with a good team under normal circumstances in a reasonable amount of time
>>
If you aren't playing an overhaul like Throwback or Ultraviolet you're playing it wrong.
>>
>>24891953
FRLG > BW
>>
>>24891953
I disagree.
>>
>>24891953
not even going to bother hunting up my b8 image for this one.
>>
>>24895189
yet you still bumped an 8 hour old thread
>>
File: Emil-cioran-3.jpg (430 KB, 1396x1667) Image search: [Google]
Emil-cioran-3.jpg
430 KB, 1396x1667
All Pokemon games are good, and yet they are all bad...
>>
>>24891953
>impossible to beat the game with a good team under normal circumstances in a reasonable amount of time

Sounds like you need to git gud, friend.
>>
>>24891953

>It is a game clearly intended for young children, with all of the tutorials and watered down material

Are you sure you're not talking about Black and White?

also

>close to impossible to beat the game with a good team under normal circumstances in a reasonable amount of time

that is just factually wrong
>>
>>24895761
not OP, but FRLG had that annoying as shit tutorial television. I think that's what he meant
>>
>>24895796

wasn't that completely optional though?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.