[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait...so does this Mew event imply that we can trade pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6
File: mewevent.jpg (28 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
mewevent.jpg
28 KB, 400x240
Wait...so does this Mew event imply that we can trade pokemon from R/B/Y and send them to Bank and ultimately to Gen VI games?
>>
File: YAMEEEROOOOOOOO.jpg (117 KB, 1006x567) Image search: [Google]
YAMEEEROOOOOOOO.jpg
117 KB, 1006x567
>>24889131
FISSURE MACHAMP IS BACK BABY
>>
>>24889142

No Guard+fissure Machamp......heaven help us.
>>
>>24889155
more like
talonflame help us
>>
No, it's a digital whatever for the VC version and a serial code for XYORAS both contained in the 2DS bundle. Read the fucking details next time.
>>
>>24889131
No, of course not. There's a voucher for Mew in RGBY since these re-releases are local-only link, and the Gen VI Mew is gotten via a code.
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 780x718) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 780x718
>>24889142
>>24889155
100% ERECT
>>
>>24889131
How the titshit does it imply that?
>>
Nope, you get a serial code for the DS games.

Which is a shame, they could totally have taken the chance but they didn't even add Wi-Fi functionalities to VC RBY, do you think they'd bother with anything else?
>>
>>24889601
>they didn't even add Wi-Fi functionalities to VC RBY,
They added local wireless. Adding full online would be ridiculous and require a huge recode
>>
>>24889142
>teleport Electabuzz
>>
>>24889165
I'm more pissed about pay-walled event mythical pokemon. I get mythicals should be very special and therefore have different types of distros but this kind, buying something to get a code is unacceptable just like those coupons you had to gather for Keldeo
>>
>>24889874
>Adding full online would be ridiculous and require a huge recode
Not really.
>>
>>24890521
>This feature would be difficult for these reasons.
>No
Classic /vp/
>>
>>24890528
Because it isn't. There's no difference in wifi trading and wireless trading.
>>
>>24890536
from a coding perspective, it's certainly different.
Making a kind of GTS for Red/Blue would be very challenging, and not worth at the end, because they want to emulate the original experience, trading face a face, battling face a face. That's why they even want to simulate the Mew event in the same way that it was in the past, and why they choose the 2DS, because it is more similar to a Game Boy.
>>
>>24890550
>from a coding perspective, it's certainly different.
No it's not. It's quite literally the same
>>
>>24890550
>>24890556
Not like you have friends anyway.
>>
>>24890556
Are you saying that Red/Blue already came with a programmed GTS? Are you that retard? Making a system like that for a old game like Red/Blue would be a hassle.
Same thing with online battling.
>>
>>24890564
Nice strawman. If you´re so set up on talking to yourself, why even reply to me?
>>
>>24890566
idk I'm just chilling while breeding.
>>
File: IMG_251215.jpg (87 KB, 720x1230) Image search: [Google]
IMG_251215.jpg
87 KB, 720x1230
Nintendo worker here, AMA, I'm testing the games for Nintendo of America but I can't give you any personal information or files for you to download.
>>
>>24890577
You can play a 20 year old rom. What questions would need answering exactly??
>>
>>24890590
I'm sure PokeTransfer doesn't work with 20 year old roms.
>>
>>24890591
>>>24890566
>>
>>24890577
Answer me this. Will we be able to transfer these Pokemon to Gen VI or not?
>>
>>24890711
Of course not. The same tech limitations apply as they did before. In fact, there are even more barriers than there were originally.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is a moron
>>
>>24890577
Are they planning on releasing Pokemon Stadium for the Wii U VC to connect to the RBY VC? That would be fantastic.
>>
I can play RBY on my:
>PC
>PSP
>Wii
>3DS with CFW or kickass homebrew
>phone
>tablet
>Wii U once the IOSU exploit is out
>my toaster
>>
>>24890731
you listed toaster twice mustard.
>>
>>24890717
> In fact, there are even more barriers than there were originally.
What?
Please explain
>>
>>24889131
get some reading comprehension r-tard
>>
>>24890786
Well the fact it is going through an emulator is an added barrier - not only would they need to create a method for transfer, they would have to make it work with the emulator (which basically requires Nintendo's permission to alter) as well as potentially adding a hidden IV value for the Sp.Att/Sp.Def change (or find some convoluted workaround) as well as wiping all EV's on transfer...

The chances of them bothering with all that is beyond miniscule.
>>
>>24890795
nearly all of those problems were addressed in gen2's trades.
>>
>>24890802
Except they weren't, or trading to R/S would have been possible. There were multiple issues which were getting in the road then, and even more now.

Face it, no matter how much you want it, it will never happen.
>>
>>24890806
The problem between 2 and 3 was cross hardware issues.

Now that there is software that basically reads whats in there independent of platform, there is no excuse.
>>
>>24890806
You could trade to ruby or sapphire from gold. You just had to use the time capsule.
>>
>>24890795
What's wrong with game freak just taking the data, maybe introducing some feature which turns the pokemon into an egg, and when you hatch it, gives them their IVs and whatever.

I'm not saying it's easy. I doubt they would bother to put it in. I'm just saying, if they wanted to do it, it would be easier, not harder. The only limitations I can see are, no bank -> virtual console, and when going VC -> the IVs/EVs/illegal movesets deleted(?) situation may not be what the players want
>>
>>24890813
It wasn't just hardware. And there are plenty of excuses not to - for one thing, what benefit does Gamefreak get out of it? It potentially creates a slew of vulnerabilities for hackers to exploit, potentially allows sending corrupt data (the original games were full of bugs, and even if they fix the bulk of them, there is no guarantee they will get all of them/not create new ones) and potentially allows for degenerate combinations of moves and abilities that they never intended to exist.

There is no way they are going to think it is worth putting dev time into that sort of feature.
>>
>>24890820
The time capsule was backwards only, so from G/S/C back to R/B/Y(/G)
>>
No, RBY games come with an event Mew code, the Mew that you get in the gen I games cannot be transferred to gen VI games.

I would have bought these glorified ROMS if they would have allowed you to "catch" them all in one game and somehow coded a basic online function, if possible. The yellow and green 2DS look nice though.
>>
>>24890829
The benefit is more sales. People will want those "unintended" movesets and thus will buy the game just to access this.

Also people already inject shit on the daily in the new games with ease so working on an arbitrary new exploit would be fruitless to worry about.
>>
>>24890852
>people inject so Gamefreak should just give up on preserving the integrity of the games

This kind of cancerous thinking is previsely the opposite of what Gamefreak does in practice.
>>
>>24889142
YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>Anyone thinking transferring Gen 1 Pokemon to current Gen is even remotely possible.

You're all fucking idiots. There's a goddamn reason why your Gen 1/2 Pokemon couldn't be traded into RSE.
>>
>>24890884
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ILhyYIjArYLimeWEUJvSa0BsCnB5k706MWN2Pa7fA9c/edit#heading=h.uy5vyeqcaqv
>>
>>24890820
Why are underage allowed to post?
>>
>>24890905
>using multiple external devices and programs
>implying Gamefreak is even remotely interested in adding the feature or creating the workarounds for it

Deluded much?
>>
File: 1406499103593.png (9 KB, 257x258) Image search: [Google]
1406499103593.png
9 KB, 257x258
>>24889131
>see mew event
>check serebii
>Japan only distributed in 2017
>>
>>24890914
The post I responded to stated that it was flatline impossible to do. I didn`t say anything about gamefreak adding the feature.
Besides, if you are already emulating, you don`t need any external devices.
>>
>>24890905

>That workaround

All you really did was help prove me right because that shit is so stupidly complex that no one other than a few dozen people would or could ever do it.
>>
>>24890932
A lot of the steps are only necessary if you're playing off an actual cartridge, which probably isn't the case.
>>
>>24890932
>convoluted

If you're using the real carts. The real tool is a save reader which is exactly what the pokemon bank is. Special D iv? copy special A(you know what they already did). Ability? assign a random one. Problems solved.
>>
>>24890939
Except that is an incredibly simplistic view - they have to put in checks to make sure no glitch pokemon can be transferred, they have to modify the emulator data to allow an external program to access the save data, they have to create the program to actually allow the transfer, as well as having the conversion mechanisms and safeguardsin place...

And that is assuming it is actually possible in the original code to take out a pokemon from one of the boxes in a non-standard way without causing damage to the save file (a legitimate concern considering even swapping boxes required saving the game.) If they had to modify that code too, we are talking a lot of work for an almost useless feature.
>>
>>24890912
There was a way to move them ovee but it required the use of time capsule and a third party tool. Not saying it was their meaning but it was possible, I did it to bring my original vaporeon over and I still use him to this day.
>>
>>24890577
who's foot is in the background
>>
>>24889155
I don't think Fissure is effected by No Guard.
>>
>>24890577
Good photoshop
>>
To anyone still being stupid and expecting otherwise, the official Nintendo Japanese site already confirmed the games will only feature local wireless connectivity. No online. No bank. No any other upgrades.
>>
File: slowclap.gif (787 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
slowclap.gif
787 KB, 480x360
>>24890825
That... that's actually a good idea.

You keep the moves and species (minus any evolutions), lose the EVs (so no straight-up stat conversion), and all they have to do is convert the EVs, which is pretty much "multiply by 2, plus one".
>>
>>24893485
*convert the IVs
>>
>>24892041
The world you're trying to use is affected
>>
>>24890825
lore

"but why does it suddenly become an egg?"
>>
>>24890577
this is being run on homebrew, no?

I know I can do GBA, because I've been doing Zero Mission, as they never released it as VC. I assume here's a GBC emu too.
>>
>>24890736
which one are you implying is the second toaster?

also, can Raspbrry Pis run pokemon?
>>
>>24891055
false.

post 3rd party tool or gtfo.
>>
>>24895081
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?33354-Gen-I-II-to-Gen-III-IV-V-Conversion&p=175321&viewfull=1#post175321
>>
>>24895085
it reads an old gen2 .PKM, then generates a hackmon of approximately identical properties (I say approximate because shininess is not retained due to IV changes), that you then have to inject.

that's not transferal.
>>
>>24895115
It's as close as it gets; pokemon are just data anyway.
>>
>>24890884
But don't they just lack extra information that new pokemon have, can't they just dump in random values?
>>
>>24895055
Said in XY, "they aren't really eggs, just containers"
>>
just inject it
:^)
>>
I haven't seen any speculation on the event itself, though. Will the serial code just pop Mew into your party, or will you enter it from a new menu? Maybe even a new NPC?
>>
no, this mew is a code for ORAS, why are you people so braindead and can't see it?
>>
>>24892041
Get a Mimic Machop from gen 3, then send him to 4 and evolve him. It does.
>>
>>24896521
... or hack one in retard
>>
>>24890577
Has anyone at NoA heard of Pokemon Sage
>>
People don't seem to understand that Nintendo doesn't give a shit about being able to transfer Gen 1 mons to Gen 6. This is an extremely cheap emulation they are releasing for one purpose only, to make money. Regardless of what /vp/ thinks people will buy this. The small children who buy it on a whim or the adults who grew up with it are going to make the purchase no matter what this website says. I'm sure GF could make them compatible or put Wi-Fi into it but they won't because the ultimate goal is to make as much money for as cheap as possible and that is exactly what is going to happen.
>>
>>24889915
Then buy it to play RGBY you ignorant twat
>>
Hi, I don't come on 4chan a lot.

1. What Mew event?
>>
>>24896996

nvm checked serebii, moonspeak people only
>>
>>24893485
>>24890825
>>24890795
>>24890786
>>24890717
>>24890711

Just sharing my knowledge of this. For the sake of argument, let's assume Nintendo is absolutely interested in being able to transfer Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon all the way up to Gen 6 (if not just straight to Gen 6). I may also cover things people may already know, just for the sake of completeness.

The problems with doing so stems from the differences between the way Pokémon data is stored between Gen 1-2 and Gen 3-6. Namely:

• IVs: Gen 1-2 are stored from 0-15, Gen 3-6 are 0-31

• SPECIAL STAT: SpA and SpD share IV in Gen 2 (SpA and SpD were just "Special" in Gen 1), but have individual stats in Gen 3-6.

• GENDER: Nonexistent in Gen 1, based on IVs in Gen 2, individual stat in Gen 3-6

• EVs: All stats in Gen 1-2 can have EV points between 0-65535. Stats in Gen 3-6 can have only between 0-255, and total stats can't exceed 512 points.

Not to mention other issues with Gen 1 and 2, such as Missingno and the Mew Glitch, which Game Freak wants to keep all that within within those gens and not have them flood the later games.

So the issue here is that, there is no way to transfer your Pokémon up from Gen 1-2 to 6 without requiring the Pokémon itself to be rewritten or otherwise changed. The EVs is he big issue, because there is no way to convert the EVs from the old system to the new system.

Anyways, why can't Nintendo do this conversion? I guess they could, but I think to do the conversion alone isn't enough... they need to program a way to transfer a Pokémon up from Gen 1 to Gen 6 (or the Bank). It doesn't seem worth it just so people can use Gen 1 games to pull glitched Pokémon and items into Gen 6...
>>
>>24893504
The planet you're trying to use is word
>>
>>24893504
>world
muphry's law is goat
>>
>>24890916
no, the codes come with the games from release in feb 2016 which will work until mar 2017
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.