[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone hyped for 2d controller perfection? A little bit of info
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: CXEGwrgUsAAkdp9.jpg (60 KB, 600x537) Image search: [Google]
CXEGwrgUsAAkdp9.jpg
60 KB, 600x537
Anyone hyped for 2d controller perfection?

A little bit of info on this:
- plugs in via USB
- only compatible with Pokken and no other game
- Amazon lists the 18th of March as the release date
>>
>>24887058
>only compatible with Pokken and no other game
Not again. I already got scammed by the GC Adapter. I'll use the GamePad. I'll plug in my Classic Controller if I have to. I'm not spending any more dollarydoos on controllers I'll only use for one game.
>>
So, it's basically the same controller of the arcade, why this don't has a stick? Because it's a lot easier to break? The lack of it with the USB cable makes me remind a Snes custom controller.

The WiiU really is a clusterfucker when comes to controllers.
>>
>>24887093
It's a HORI pad, not an official controller. Can't blame Nintendo for third party stuff.

You said it yourself, it doesn't have a stick because it's essentially the arcade controller.
>>
File: 1397526419636.jpg (52 KB, 356x356) Image search: [Google]
1397526419636.jpg
52 KB, 356x356
>>24887058

And people will still buy it
>>
>>24887058
>only compatibile with Pokken
So this shit is basically only for arcade purists?
>>
>>24887058
no, not at all. Make the fucking gamecube controller work with it and for fucks sake, some more games as well. Fucking sick of nintendo's "Cash cow" bullshit
>>
>>24887058
How is the D-Pad any better than on the gamepad or classic controller? Seems a waste of money, at least you can use the GC adapter on Dolphin and Nintendont.
>>
>>24887083
>I already got scammed by the GC Adapter

That's your own damn fault. They weren't exactly keeping it a secret that it was only compatible with one game.
>>
>>24887083
>scammed by the GC Adapter

It's only $20 unless you paid a scalper during the hype plus you can use it on the PC.
>>
>>24887113
>It's a HORI pad, not an official controller.
Hori is one of the few third parties that gets 1st party contracts though. Kinda like how ASCII/Agetec had the rights for the NES Advantage and Nintendo treated that like a 1st party peripheral.
>>
>>24887058

This is for people who want the arcade experience, like how the GC adapter was for the hardcore Smash fans.

Everyone will just use the Wii U Pro controller.
>>
Jewtendo at it again
>>
>>24887138
Of course for muh true experience
>>
This looks like garbage. And it'll only be compatible for one game? Fuck that noise.
>>
>>24887302
>>24890913

I would be interested in hearing people's opinions on the thing. It's basically the arcade controller, so maybe we have some people here who already tried it?
>>
>>24887058
>- only compatible with Pokken and no other game
fuck that noise
>>
>>
>>24890991
>>24891000

This is for PC emulation obviously.
>>
It depends on the price. If it's like $20 I'll think about it. I already have a good pro controller anyway.
>>
>>24887058
On the Amazon page it actually says that the controller can't be used by Player 1 on local multi-player, top kek
>>
>>24887093
Because it's the arcade controller.
Pokken established itself as a newcomer friendly arcade game by not having the standard stick and buttons input and instead having a console controller input.
>>
>>24891108
This. If someone wants to MAME with this pad or play NES roms, this is an option.
>>
File: Y5pWM9l.jpg (12 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Y5pWM9l.jpg
12 KB, 400x225
>>24887138
>Hunter x Hunter
>>
File: 1431961503457.png (189 KB, 430x478) Image search: [Google]
1431961503457.png
189 KB, 430x478
>Pokken controller not an arcade stick
>>
>playing pokken
>ever

ayyy is this reddit now?
>>
>>24887058
for now.
>>
>>24894949
>for now
Oh joy
>>
I'm still waiting for more titles to use the GameCube controllers. You'd think they'd at least patch their Virtual Console or Wii Emulator to use it.
>>
this is a fucking joke right
>>
>>24894949
if smash is the only wiiu game that can use gamecube controller

This arcade controller will most likely only be for pokken
>>
>>24895481
Not really, it makes sense considering a lot of the original arcade players will want a controller they are familiar with.
>>
>>24887058
played the game with that controller in akiba. game is just like naruto ninja storm. suicune is broken. controller feels kind of awkward cause of the bulky back. wiiu classic or pro controller would be better imo
>>
>>24894938

Ebin :^)
>>
>>24895549
>suicune is broken
I thought everyone agreed Weavile is the best?
>naruto ninja storm
As long as it doesn't have the retarded "TELEPORTS BEHIND YOU" mechanic I'm ok with this
>>
>The official website for the upcoming Pokkén Tournament HORI Controller has confirmed a detail which was previously unclear about the Wii U version of the title. It has now been confirmed that the game has Local Battle mode. In this mode, Player 1 has to use the Wii U GamePad as their controller perspective on the GamePad indicating that Player 2 uses the TV screen as their perspective. You cannot use 2 of the HORI Pokkén Controllers to play the game in local multiplayer. We'll bring more details on this as it comes
serebii confirmed
>>
>>24895994
weavile and Suicune are considered "top teir"

yeah the Substitution mechanics were
maybe if it was just one not four
>>
If the controller turns out to be good, it may very well make for a good retro games controller on PC
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.