[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got Super Mystery Dungeon for christmas. Is it any good? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1409592769840.png (302 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1409592769840.png
302 KB, 500x500
I got Super Mystery Dungeon for christmas. Is it any good? I heard it's harder than the last game, which is good.
>>
>>24886478
I did too.
I haven't played a mystery dungeon game since RRT.
I'm scared
>>
>>24886478
Anything's good compared to GTI, except for the lack of traditional recruits. Knock yourself out.
>>
>>24886496
I didn't play GTI cause it looked dumbed-down. How does recruiting differ? The last one I played is EoT
>>
>>24886499
You automatically connect with mons as you do missions, progress in the story, connect with other mons or simply talk to them. There's a limit of one mon per species, outside of evolution, which permanently locks you out of the pre-evo species.
>>
>>24886523
That doesn't seem too bad. I ended up having lots of useless recruits in previous games.
>>
As long as you can deal with the first 8 chapters going slow and the fact you can't nickname Pokemon, it's a great game.
>>
>>24886478
It's great. Things to know: items and emeras are way more important than moves. Never fuck with the weak default attack (used to be usable in past PMDs, not anymore).

You need wands and reviver seeds always, and don't be stingy with them.
>>
>>24886478
>>24886485
Same. Looks fun. Was playing around with the Pokemon matcher.

Got Squirtle, then Froakie, then Chikorita, then Charmander.

Set mine to Treecko, with my partner as Charmander.
>>
>>24886478
The challenge is actually a bit too much at certain places.
Have fun.
>>
>>24886478
gather as many reviver seeds as you can, you will need them for boss fights. I really do like this game, haven't played a PMD since the one with dark dialga or whatever it was called.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.