[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>introduce awesome feature >remove it next gen what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5
File: 1263586224353.jpg (259 KB, 711x546) Image search: [Google]
1263586224353.jpg
259 KB, 711x546
>introduce awesome feature
>remove it next gen

what's her name /vp?
>>
File: 1422306288615.png (125 KB, 570x400) Image search: [Google]
1422306288615.png
125 KB, 570x400
>Character Customization
>Merge PokéMart & Center to one building
Don't care that it wasn't in Gen III to begin with, it should've been carried over to the remakes from X/Y.
>>
>>24886232
DexNav.
>>
>inb4 muh following pokemon
It was shit
>>
>>24886261
This
>>
inb4 walking pokemon
>>
>introduce awesome feature
>remove it in remake of the same gen
>>
>>24886270
There is no Need for Character Customization for Pokémon ORAS.
Pokémon ORAS is Perfect, as it is.
>>
Dream World. I'm still sad.
>>
>>24886304
>oras
>perfect

Choose one. I was extremely let down by it. I liked xy more, and 3rd gen was a favorite.
>>
>>24886324
>have to play shitty flash games off-cart to be able to grow berries and access HA

Removing that shit was one of the best ideas GF ever had
>>
>>24886232
I'd say seasons, but that's been executed horribly.
I'd say the Safari Zone, but that was hell to experience and it also didn't stay gone until Gen 5.
I'd say EXP gain based on level difference but I hate that anti-grinding piece of shit feature.
I'd say bringing Pokemon from previous gens, but that only applies to the Gen 2-3 gap.
I'd say the Exp. All, but that didn't stay gone and people here seem to be looking at it through jade-colored glasses these days.
I'd say the Battle Frontier but one RNG hell facility is enough, we don't need seven of them.
I'd say an actual story but that only begets little to no postgame.
I'd say fog but couldn't be happier that that's gone.
I'd say glitch Pokemon but they're a bug and not a feature, and I never liked them regardless.
I'd say mainlines being better than the sidegames but we both know that was never a thing that happened.

I don't know, to be honest.
>>
>>24886269
>>24886272
is this an excuse to say walking pokemon
>>
Friend Safari
>>
>>24886345
fuck you it was comfy
>>
>>24886345
I was a master Pelipper pilot.
>>
>>24886388
All they did was take out features that used to be in game and place them on a separate site. I may hate Gen 6, but at least you don't have to worry about a server shutdown preventing you from planting berries and chilling in secret bases in future playthroughs.
>>
>>24886388
>>24886401
>>24886402
>inb4 dream world mobile app for gen 5 remakes
>>
>>24886402
You'd think with all the custom Nintendo Wi-Fi services running that somebody would've made some sort of replica of the Dream World or Game Sync.
>>
>>24886468
Even if it is just some oversimplified thing. I just want berries and Dream Balls in my gen 5 games without bullshit.
>>
>>24886331
Were You Surprise?
You should have known that character customization is Kalos (region) only.
>>
>>24886304
Amen.
>>
Underground tunnel/bases in gen 4
>>
Aprikorn balls

Day/night cycles that affect gameplay and pokemon you can catch.

I just really miss Gen 2 ;_;
>>
>>24886304
>capitalizing words improperly
>horribly shit opinion

Good troll, made me reply
>>
Changing music for gym leader last pokemon.
>>
>>24886232
Pokemon cries on overworld maps
Music changes within battles
Important NPC smack talk during battles
Phenomena
Scaled EXP
Time of day affecting wild Pokemon encounters
Gyms having their own arrangements of the gym music
Overworld places having different music depending on the time of day (also battle music in GSC's case)
>>
The "Pokemon by habitat" Pokedex feature from FRLG.
>>
>>24886261
If they had done this in ORAS they could have use the Poke Mart space as a clothes shop and expand from X & Y with warmer clothes for ORAS
>>
>>24886613
>Scaled EXP
Was terrible for people who wanted to catch them all but didn't already have a living dex.
>Time of day affecting wild Pokemon encounters
No, limiting which Pokemon you can get based on time is a dumb thing.
>>
>>24886962
>Was terrible for people who wanted to catch them all but didn't already have a living dex

wtf? No it didn't. It made grinding up Pokemon to evolve ridiculously easy while not giving the player a retarded amount of exp like gen 6 does.
>>
>>24886988
>It made grinding up Pokemon to evolve ridiculously easy
Up to a certain point. But for some Pokemon that reach their final stage through level up, not even a boatload of battles in Nimbasa and Black City/White Forest can bring them to their final stage within the same day.
>>
>>24886232

In game trades
do they still have that shit?

maybe In game trades on pokemon ONLY accessible in the game from that person
>>
SexNav
>>
>>24886232
Good-looking overworld. Because only Kalos is allowed to be beautiful, right, GF?
>>
>>24886998
>can bring them to their final stage within the same day.

that's bullshit. with EXP share or lucky egg and Audino it was incredibly easy. Or you could just go through the elite four and grind up multiple Pokemon. I did it all the time.
>>
>>24886345
Well now they can put it on the 3DS like what they did with the cloud shooting game.
>>
Following pokemon
>>
Vs. Seeker
That's all I need.
>>
>>24886232
>Amie
>Dexnav

I see both of these being gone for Gen 7, if the latter isn't gone for Z. Sylveon will have a trade item evolution like Milotic.
>>
>>24886347
/thread
>>
>>24887509
I think that Dexnav is very likely to be gone in Gen 7, but somehow the Amie is a potential thing will be keep.
>>
>>24886552
I used to think the same. HGSS was shit though. Maybe you just miss being that young?
>>
>>24886347
>Literal MD fag
Don't get me wrong, I like Mystery Dungeon, but eh, I never would say that it is more exciting than a new Mainline game.
>>
>Fame Checker
>Journal
>Seals & Ball Capsules
>Pokeathlon
>Pokemon Portraits
>Minigames
>PR Videos
>Trainer Customization
>Secret Bases
>The Underground
>all gone forever soon enough

fuck gamefreak desu senpai
>>
>>24887550
>implying only MD
>>
>>24886232
Habitats in FRLG were good , I dont know why gamefreak dropped that feature
>>
>>24887618
>Seals & Ball Capsules
Forever in my memories.
>>
>>24886962
What's dumb about time sensitive encounters though? It adds to the immersion considering real world organisms have different times of day when they would be active as well. Yeah it's unfair if you can't play at a certain time of day but that just encourages trading and makes more sense than catching nocturnal mons like Noctowl during the middle of the day like in XY.
>>
rollerskates
>>
>>24886232
Following Pokemon
>>
Soar is the best new feature in Gen VI so far and it probably won't return
>>
>>24889092
I don't see the appeal. It was really cool the first time you used it but when I went Mirage Spot hunting it got a bit annoying, especially the long animation at the start. It's just pretty art, and Hoenn doesn't ever change other than how it looks at different times of day. Dexnav was far more fun and useful in ORAS, made me almost complete my Hoenn Dex in my playthrough despite already having a living Dex.
>>
>>24889092
>Soar is the best new feature in Gen VI so far

no, customization is. Soar is just a slower Fly that only works with two fucking Pokemon. I don't understand why people like it so much.
>>
Size comparison in dex to MC.

It was a smallfeature, but I liked it.
>>
>>24886232
The bag's customizable free space pocket
>>
File: 1448857054291.png (61 KB, 236x235) Image search: [Google]
1448857054291.png
61 KB, 236x235
>introduce run speed toggle in gen2 remakes
>never use it again
>>
>>24886261
Wholeheartedly disagree. I hated Pokémon x and y because the entire fucking game was based around character customization which I could care less about.
>>
>>24889957
>because the entire fucking game was based around character customization

how

it's an entirely passive thing that doesn't affect the player at all if they don't care about it.
>>
>>24889871
Maybe it's the fact that I played a male character but customization meant almost nothing to me. I bought every single article of clothing in the game (not like there's anything else to do in XY) and there were like 1-2 pieces of clothing I thought were better than the default (I like that black and red jacket). Z better step up its fucking game with regards to male customization if it wants me to give enough of a shit to miss it.
>>
>>24889963
more than half the shops in the main city were accessory / clothing shops.

I still loved the game. Ive just never been a fan of character customization. Especially for Pokémon, where all I wanna do is battle with pocket monsters and catch em all!
>>
What about the gyms all having their own music in b/w(2?) I thought that was tight
>>
>>24886613
>Overworld places having different music depending on the time of day
This right here. Night music was wonderful.
>>
>>24889972
Nigga what. There's one store for clothing and one store for hair iirc.
>>
>>24889976
D
O
G
A
R
S
DOGARS
>>
>>24886304
>oras
>perfect
kek
>>
>following pokemon
>mellow as fuck night music
>pokemon overworld calls
>run toggle
>FRLG's little startup journal entries
>>
File: 250px-Colosseum_EN_boxart.png (174 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
250px-Colosseum_EN_boxart.png
174 KB, 250x350
Not a feature but still
>>
>>24886411
Please.
It would actually address the notion that mobile games are eating up console/handheld games; occupy people with mobile app companions to console/handheld titles,
Hell, the walker could just be a smartwatch app.
>>
>>24886261

But that's the absolute worst change introduced in B/W that has been carried over
>>
>>24890508
How? Having to step out and walk into another building a few steps away just to buy some shit doesn't offer anything better in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>24890184
I'm still waiting for a new Shadow Pokemon game
>>
>>24886232
Pokéathlon and HGSS Safari Zone
>>
>>24890511
Because no easy access to based Pokemart music
>>
>>24890002
Three battle restaurants, the hotel, Berry Juice shop, Pokeball Boutique, hair cut place, VR Studio, the top-tier clothing store, and the Lottery store. I might be missing about 2 but yeah, literally only 2 buildings are dedicated to Customization in Lumiose, and at least 3 are dedicated to battling with Pocket Monsters.
>>
>>24886232
Animated sprites
>>
>>24887436
This is what I came to say.
>>
>>24889957
I like the character customization because it actually makes it feel like I'm playing the trainer I want, and not the trainer Gamefreak gives me.
>>
>>24887550

Pokepark 2 is really good, anon.

GC games are fun the first time around.
>>
>>24891729
I didn't miss that one bit.
>>
>>24886232
I wanted to fug Yancy, anon
>>
>>24887546
>HGSS was shit

Gen 5 fag spotted
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.