[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people hate them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: 149040964975.jpg (197 KB, 1368x768) Image search: [Google]
149040964975.jpg
197 KB, 1368x768
why do people hate them
>>
I quite like their cancer desu. They're fun
>>
>>24885203
>Landorus-I
I don't think people hate this one so much, but it is ridiculously efficient.

>Thundurus-I
It's the perfect blend between shitty status abuser and potent sweeper.

>Frogposterus-I
Its dumb.
>>
File: REEEEEEE.png (371 KB, 684x646) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE.png
371 KB, 684x646
>>24885203

Landorus is a literal shit genie. He fertilizes the land with that giant shit pipe of his with those multiple asshole-like orifices. Also, the anagram for Landorus is Anus Lord

Thundurus has anal beads shoved up his ass.

Tornadus delivers the Daily Dose. The anagram for Tornadus is To Dr. Anus.
>>
>>24885233
>Landorus
>Anus lord

HOLY FUCK I CANT STOP KEKKING
>>
1) For two years their designs were all color swaps of each other

2) VGC is a sea of two of them and Mega Milf
>>
Kill yourself frogposter.
>>
>>24885203
cheap as fuck, familia
>>
genies being everywhere are merely a symptom of power creep.

If there weren't so many absurdly powerful physical attackers lando-t would NOT be used.
If there weren't so many obscenely fast sweepers thundurus would NOT be used.
They are used to bring the power level of most things down a peg. They themselves are kinda shit. Tornadus-t is fucking good.
>>
>>24885203
As some who doesn't play competitively, I hate them because they look like shit.
>>
>>24885203
maybe because they're fugly and recolors.
>>
File: 1439567866515.png (3 MB, 1316x1964) Image search: [Google]
1439567866515.png
3 MB, 1316x1964
>>24890943
do you want an army of recolors instead?
>>
>>24885203
They're the embodiment of properly allocated stats but in hideous forms. It's mainly to do with Prankster, Sheer Force, and their Therian formes.

Lando-I with Sand Rush is fine. Thundurus-I and Tornadus-I with Defiant are fine. Prankster is generally balanced on Torn, but on Thund, Thunder Wave is too cheap. It's the same with Tail Glow Manaphy. Something like Volbeat that gets both Prankster T-Wave and Tail Glow is much more balanced, but when you give these features to high stat Pokemon with much more in their arsenal, it's just dumb because of how centralizing it makes things.

Regarding the Therian formes, Gen V had a lot of problems welcoming the power creep. You had 140+ offense mons like Darmanitan, Chandelure, and Haxorus so they thought it would be ok to do the same to the genies, putting their offense (and speed in Torn-T's case) toward the height of their stat tiers. Their movepool was one thing, but incredible stat distributions made them a pain to play around.

I'd go on but I have to leave, but this is part of the reason people don't like them, basically. Unfair, ugly, and too useful.
>>
Too easy to slap on a team.

Their abilities combined with their movepools and stats make them cheap as fuck; even moreso when combined with other behemoths like Kangaskhan.

Landorus-t and Thundurus-i can be tailored to run whatever set they want (defensive, offensive) and still pack a punch. Tornadus is useful but isn't as spammable due to its typing/movepool so I don't really have a problem with it.

Lando-t gets intimidate/u-turn so slap a scarf on it and it can cripple your team's attack from the start, spam rockslide and flinch to death, or u-turn out if it's in danger. It can also be built bulky and run assault vest just to preserve intimidate and flinch spam.

Thundurus-i can be built to survive most unboosted super effective hits, can spam thunder wave/taunt/swagger if it can't do much else, and can still hit hard even with minimal investment.

Running these two mons has next to no risk but carries huge reward.
>>
>>24891004
>Lando-I with Sand Rush is fine
NO IT FUCKING WELL ISN'T.
I sure hope you realise it has sand force and not sand rush.
>>
>>24885203
Broken af
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 500x497
All OU legendaries are cancer. Especially the ones with garbage designs.
>>
>>24892160
Yeah my mistake, good catch.
>>
If I wasn't an elo sub 1400 shitter I could have spept a guy with wigglytuff. He kept volt switching with rotom, u-turning with landurous t, and used Mawile with intimidate. Ended up at +5 when all was done. I used hyper beam like an idiot thinking Mawile would revenge kill when I rekt rotom( I was worried that the other moves wouldn't cut it) and he switched into Mawile and got rekt. Hit, recharge turn, 2hko, for lando. Competitive is a great ability, defiant too.
>>
>>24885223
Kek
>>
because they promote such diversity in the competitive scene
>>
epic thread and epic peporous
>>
File: 105396 (2).jpg (21 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
105396 (2).jpg
21 KB, 225x350
>>24890952
That one second from the top reminds me of pic related
>>
File: 1402037370106.jpg (137 KB, 900x676) Image search: [Google]
1402037370106.jpg
137 KB, 900x676
>>24885203
Because unlike the DPP trio they are actually viable team members

Hell Landorus kitty form's is great at being the team's 'glue' due to his flexibility
>>
>>24896550
You could say the same about Cress, Aegislash, Mega Mom, Amoongus, and Tran though.
>>
>>24885203
Palette swap designs.
Excessively optimized stats, movepools and abilities to the point they're outright cheap to use.
>>
>>24901326
But people already do.

Aegislash and Mega Kangaskhan are banned from Smogon OU. At the very least Heatran can just be replaced with (generic bulky fire type) whereas Cresselia can be replaced with (generic bulky fairy)
Thundurus and Landorus are nothing except Thundurus and Landorus. There's no Thundurus replacement on those teams that don't have Thundurus.
>>
>>24885203
>why do people hate them

>3 pallet-swap legendaries
>shit design
>having at least 1 or 2 of them is a MUST on any competitive team
Gee, I fucking wonder why?
>>
>>24901333
Heatran can't really be replaced. SR neutrality and the crapton of resistances given by its steel typing make it far above any other bulky fire type. And that's not even addressing its 600 BST, excellent ability and above average movepool.
It's a perfect example of a legendary pokemon being too good and definitely cancerous yet not banned because it can't sweep teams on its own.
>>
>>24901335
But those applied to Latios and Latias too when it was the case.
>>
>>24901350
Latios and Latias are pallete swaps of a base design that isn't butt-fucking-ugly though
>>
>>24901350

this >>24901388 and Lati@s like the genies should also have been only one Pokemon
>>
>>24901340
>SR
>doubles
>VGC 4-pokemon format doubles at that
>>
It's the ultimate Karenfag argument. All three forms were really the first time people figured that Smogonfags and VGCfags did not care about what they were using as long as they won. This was also a common theme of Gen 5
s metagame with Weather Wars and so many 'bad' designs prevalent. In truth, there's nothing wrong with them. All three are very good Pokemon, and using them is crucial to checking a number of Pokemon. (except regular Tornadus and Thundy-T) They have an unpleasant stigma associated with them, however, simply due to the competitive player mentality. Then of course you have the idiots who just hate them and don't even understand the context behind the meme apart from screaming "BAD DESIGN" like in this thread.
>>
I just want to say I liked the genie design and used tornadus in my very first playthrough of Black version
>>
>over 30 replies to a frogposter thread
Fucking idiots.
Also threadly reminder genies are much more cancerous in VGC than Smogon. Maybe speed control man, but that has more to do with how fucking stupid Twave is overall.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.