[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Entry Hazard Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 300x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 300x294
Sup /vp/
Need some help with general team build, as I am finding entry hazards annoying af- Mainly Stealth Rock (Destroys mega charizard y) and the more uncommon toxic spikes (Genral tanky/stall team)

Should I
> Change some of my team
> Replace one mon with a spinner or a defogger (Preferably a good offensive mon as well)
>Something else...
Thanks for any advice
>>
If your team is bulky in any way, you should probably run hazard removal/prevention.

If your team is highly offensive, you don't really need it (unless you have a 4x weak mon, but even then you may just want a Taunt lead).
>>
>>24883203
Just use Forretress with rapid spin. Stealth rock doesn't do jack to it.
>>
megazard-y is super gay and because of that everybody is prepared for it. you are now in a situation where you are trying to prepare for your opponents preparations, and to me, this is when shit gets dumb.

i personally prefer using less conventional tactics in order to eschew expectation, and therefore preparations.

I.E. don't use broke ass charizard if you don't want to deal with the consequences. running something with defog or rapid spin is boring and waters down your team until the point where it is completely obvious.

lati@s is dumb. skarmory is boring. excadrill is dumb.

i guess you could go starmie. starmie is alright. or try some low tier heat.
>>
>>24883222
OP here
My team is has a large weakness to Stealth Rocks- Charizard Y and Weavile are two of my 4 main attackers (excludes Garchomp and Greninja)

My final two mons are a Wish Pass/Destiny Bond Gardevoir and a sometimes successful 6-0 Weakness policy Aegislash Setup Sweeper
>>
>>24883203
I like to use tentacruel
> Takes away toxic spikes instantly
> Has Rapid Spin
> Decent Stats

Hope I helped :)
>>
>>24883289
Maybe Azelf > Gardevoir to keep up momentum and stop SR leads?

Starmie > Greninja might also work
>>
FUCKING MAGIKARP

COME AT ME
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 396x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 396x364
>>24883348
>>
>>24883289
Latias can function as a Wish Passer in place of Gardevoir and also has Defog to remove hazards. If you go with Latias, you might want to consider Healing Wish over Wish, it's fantastic for late game cleaning.
>>
>>24883203
>I am finding entry hazards annoying af
hello anon
>>
>>24883421
Not OP, but how do I obtain a Magic Bounce Espeon?
>>
>>24883433
you will have to breed for it...

you will need an eevee with 'anticipation' hidden ability.

make sure its female too, only females transfer abilities.
>>
>>24883433
Evolve your Anticipation Eevee into an Espeon
>>
>>24883443
Males can, but it's less likely
>>
>>24883537
I think
-Females pass it on 75%
-Males pass it on 15%
-10% of one of the non hidden ability regardless
>>
This is going to sound weird but Cloyster might bring decent synergy. With a common mon like CharY, you have to counterbalance it with unorthodox pairing.
>Bulky despite ice type
>STAB Icicle Spear does not give two shits about Landorus bar the exceedingly rare sitrus berry, annihilates Gliscor and Aerodactyl so it isn't Forterress-tier dead offensive weight
>Rock Blast punishes Heatran switch relatively well, but flee for your life after (and I'm sure you have a heatran answer already so that's a non-issue).

I do this with my charizard y and they basically cover each other's weaknesses. The only thing I recommend is a wish passer to give cloyster some breathing room.
>>
>Use a revive
>U Silly
>>
>>24883203
Magic Bounce works wonders
>>
>>24887206
That does not remove the hazards already there though does it???
Dood just use a spinner or a defogger..
Cant thoink of any tho....
>>
>>24887666
Excadrill is fantastic. It takes 1/4 damage from stealth rock, and is immune to toxic spikes. Anon also said tentacruel, it is also good. Forretress is amazing at laying out hazards, and spinning them away, but has hardly any offensive pressesnce. It can learn volt switch, too, to keep momentum.
>>
>>24883289
>Greninja
>Smogon

>official meta
>Stealth Rock

What the fuck are you actually playing OP? Are you by chance one of those faggots that play free battles with Smogon rules?
>>
>>24887759
The fucks wrong with greninja?
Fucking great suicide lead and late game sweeper for an off guard team
Its ubers for a fucking reason
The thread is about entry hazards, not you bitching-probably because a greninja sweeped your shit team
>>
You can't avoid rocks, period.
MB Espeon is frail and everytime you switch in to bounce you may end up getting KO'ed if they attack instead. Ttar will be a massive cunt if you run Espeon with Zard.
You better have a Bulky Spinner or Defogger.
Scizor, Cloyster, Latios/Latias.
>>
>>24890541
No bitching on my part m8. You wrote two contradictory statements that you're using Greninja and have a problem with pebbles. Actually three, because you also wrote that you have a team that has absolutely no place in Ubers (Yzard, Weavile, Gardevoir, Garchomp; didn't even notice Aegislash which is in the same boat as Greninja). So all I'm asking is for you to explain exactly what you are playing, because you appear to play neither Smogon nor GF's official formats.
>>
>>24890603
Sorry about that, just thought you were trying to start a flame war.
Im trying out ubers, but my team evidently needs working with. Im using quite a lot of OU mons becasue i have had lots of experience using them and I'm happy with the movesets i have made myself. I am using Smogons rules, but this thread is supposed to be discussing the best possible hazard removal. Sorry if I caused offense but its not a rate my team thread. Any help would be appreciated though.
>>
>>24890698
Unless you're trying to be a low ladder hero, there's no point gimping yourself with that roster. Unfortunately ORAS Ubers is a garbage format where you're pretty much forced to run Primal Groudon on your team, so here's your Yzard replacement. As for the other three, try out various major legendaries with similar typing and functions.
As for hazard removal, you don't really need it if your entire team is at least neutral to SR. If something is pebble-weak like Lugia, Yveltal or Kyurem-W, you should pack spinner, defogger or M-Sableye (the only defensive magic bouncer in existence). Defoggers are better on teams that don't rely on hazards themselves, while spinners are better on hazard stacking teams (SR + Spikes/Tspikes), or just those that really appreciate having SR on opponent's side. Should you consider using M-Sableye, you need to decide what defensive spread you want to use since you won't be able to wall everything. In that case make a list of hazard setters used in Ubers and tailor the rest of your team to murder the ones Sableye won't be able to stop.
>>
>>24890755
Thanks mate, ill try to sort my team out that way.
Just a question how does smeargle work in ubers-as in my experience with OU smeargle was a nice mon, but was only a niche with its terrible stats and crappy speed tier. Was thinking sticky web to even the speed tier out then spiky shield, defog and explosion, with focus sash to survive.
>>
>>24890823
Not defog-rapid spin (wasn't thinking right)
>>
>>24883433
Just hack it, like everyone else does.

Why do you think everyone has shiny legendaries and shit? Bred with shiny ditto or what?

No. Just hack it or trade with someone who has one.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.