[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't more people use the best spinblocker in the game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 250px-356Dusclops.png (50 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-356Dusclops.png
50 KB, 250x250
Why don't more people use the best spinblocker in the game?
>>
that's an odd picture of mega sableye
>>
>>24877519
(megas not included)
>>
>>24877517
>zero offensive presence
>knock off bait
>shitty movepool
What spinner can it even beat?
>>
>>24877517

Dusclops is the epitome of set-up bait.
>>
Defog exists now.
>>
File: cursed_by_mblock-d2ynh0o.png (3 MB, 2157x1757) Image search: [Google]
cursed_by_mblock-d2ynh0o.png
3 MB, 2157x1757
They're just afraid.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 466x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 466x396
>nearly the year of our good lord 2016
>carrying a spinblocker
>>
>>24877619
1. Literally every spinblocker is Knock Off bait aside from Megas.
2. You're severely underestimating it's capabilities as a Mean Look trapper.

252 HP / 252 Sp.Def w/ Eviolite

Mean Look
Will O Wisp
Curse
Rest

Bye bye Chansey, bye bye Clefable, bye bye Starmie, bye bye Keldeo.
>>
>>24877996

>being this bad
>>
>>24877996
that set sucks shit. Your opponent is just going to switch to a counter right away 99% of the time so Mean Look is pointless. Bye bye Clefable? LOL have fun letting it set up CM to +6 while it either takes no damage from will o wisp/curse or just Softboils the damage off.
>>
>>24877996
>Bye bye Keldeo
Someone's never played against substitute-calm mind set.
>>
>>24877996
252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Dusclops: 129-152 (45.4 - 53.5%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage

if you want a spin deterrant run rocky chomp + sableye
>>
>>24878039
You're an idiot. It can't do anything to Magic Guard Clefable, but if you think Unaware Clefable can easily heal off Curse and Burn to +6 then you're really stupid and bad at this game.
>>
>>24878202
>what is will o wisp
It's like you don't even play the game. Life Orb isn't even the most popular item on Ex
>>
>>24878224

You'd bad at this game if you even consider running such a shit set
>>
>>24878229
>implying Dusclops is faster than Excadrill
>implying excadrill is switching into dusclops and not the other way around when excadrill is a spinner and dusclops a spin blocker
>implying life orb isn't the item of choice on sand rush variants (hence why sand damage was part of the calculation to begin with)
>>
>>24878229

Are you fucking insane? The point of a spinblocker is that it can switch IN on spinners, not be in on them to begin with. Life Orb is the most common item on Sand Rush Excadrill. You're fucking dumb.
>>
>>24878224
>bye bye Clefable

You fucking didn't specify Unaware Clefable, which is an incredibly rare set compared to Magic Guard.

You know what? Tell us your Showdown name. We'll all be able to see how shit you are by your rank.
>>
>>24878253
>sand rush excadrill
>implying that's nearly as common as mold breaker
Confirmed idiot.

>>24878242
Wisp then Rest, retard.
>>
>>24878533
>wisp then rest
YOU'RE 2HKO'D ON THE SWITCH YOU AUTIST
>>
>>24878544
What do you think Spinblocking is for, retard?
>>
>>24878550
If your opponent has LO Exca on the field, blocking a spin is an after thought, you need to focus on tanking a potential EQ first and foremost. Especially since half of sand rush excadrills carry SD instead of spin.
>>
>>24878583
>implying it's that difficult to anticipate
I could just as easily switch in Rotom W, especially if it's an offensive Excadrill
>>
>>24878598
>>implying it's that difficult to anticipate
This is such a nothing argument, ESPECIALLY if you start bringing other team mates in, because it goes both ways and the excadrill player could just as easily anticipate your actions.

Look, Dusclops is a bad pokemon. It's inferior to sableye as a spin blocker and a general ghost type altogether, plus spinblocking as a whole is largely irrelevant because of defog.
>>
>>24878619
>because it goes both ways and the excadrill player could just as easily anticipate your actions.
Same goes for you
>>
File: mfw.jpg (54 KB, 564x490) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
54 KB, 564x490
>>24877996
Anon I used to use a Dusclops all the damn time and you're better off running Pain Split rather than Rest+Talk.
That set is just awful.
>>
>not running Air Balloon Chandelure for sicknasty triple immunities + one temporary immunity
do you even UU
>>
There is an equal chance the opponent will use Defog so you may as well use Bisharp, who defogblocks with presence alone.
>>
>>24877996
>Knock off bait
good thing my spinblocker is also my mega :^)
>>
>>24879084
Are you retarded? Who said anything about talk? Rest + Chansey Aromatherapy is the way to go.

Pain Split is utterly stupid when you're trapping and wearing mons down.
>>
I'm planning to use one in my gale of darkness playthrough if that counts.But otherwise it's pretty mediocre
>>
You fucking wot m8? Dusclops doesn't even learn Rapid Spin you idiot
>>
>>24877996
verlis pls
>>
>>24880656
>being this retarded
>>
>>24880396
Is there any merit to running 3 attacks + stealth rock Bisharp, similar to 3 attacks + rocks krookodile in UU? I feel like a defiant user who sets his own hazards would be a massive pain in the ass for defoggers.
>>
>>24881066
there's enough good setters to choose from in OU and one of bisharp's big advantages is all the guessing games he can force on you with SD, sucker and regular attack. making him a pebble setter takes away a part of his mindgaming
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.