[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it free?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: a.jpg (817 KB, 1914x986) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
817 KB, 1914x986
Why is it free?
>>
>>24872955
The economy revolves around pokemon battles. If people cant fight, the economy dies
>>
>>24872955
Do you want a Watsonian answer or a Doylist answer?
>>
>>24872955
Gasoline is relatively cheap; gas stations do not make a profiet off it.
Instead they have overpriced goods in their convenience like stores, and thats where they make a good income.
It is free because it supplements the pokemon trainer lifestyle, and all the expenses that come with it like pokeballs and potions.
>>
>>24872981
I want a rational in universe reason.
>>
>>24872955
Maybe it's gubmint funded. Or financed by the league to provide incentives to trainers to go out and train. And the League in turn is sponsored by the pokemarts and their vendors who make money off trainers.

It's a mutual business relationship. The marts make money, the Joys get to continue their philanthropic venture, and the league is the organization that ties them all together. I assume the pokemarts bankrolled Bill for his BOX system too, which is why they invited him to the SS Anne, but he'd rather just stay at home and shitpost on the pokenet about which Eevee evolution is superior.
>>
>>24873052
>Cassius responds with "Sylveon :^)"
>>
>>24873052
Okay. New question then smart guy.

Where have all the animals gone? Clearly they don't eat Pokemon, and there are things like hamburgers and hot dogs. So where are all the animals?
>>
>>24873064
hamburgers and hot dogs come from bouffalant and tauros

what's the problem?
>>
>>24873064
"Animals" as we know them don't exist in the Pokemon world. And since Pokemon eat other Pokemon, it's not too Farfetch'd to assume that humans would as well.
>>
>>24872966
Only decent answer in this thread and its also the most simple.
>>
File: 1429769243677.png (13 KB, 352x438) Image search: [Google]
1429769243677.png
13 KB, 352x438
>>24873064
>implying those aren't Miltank burgers
>>
>>24873079
If you can eat Pokemon, what is so bad about cutting of the tail of a Slowpoke?
>>
>>24873082
There was obviously a market for it with Team Rocket, so the problem was they were poaching slowpoke illegally and inhumanely. Even though the Slowpoke were probably too retarded to realize they got their tails cut off.
>>
>Utopian society with virtually no crime and people leave their doors open 24/7
>Everything is somehow tied to fantastical creatures that can destroy the earth or kill every human many times over
>services to take care of them are free

Makes sense. Pokemon would revolt, otherwise.
>>
>>24873151
Well, there are also no black people.
>>
>>24873194
There is like 2 maybe 3 counting brock not sure if he was...
>>
>>24873194
Scraggy and Scrafty are the black people. Also all those black people in Kalos. Nigga, what are you talking about?
>>
>>24873064
It's been explicitly stated that people do in fact eat Pokemon (Farfetch'd, Magikarp, Slowpoke.) Otherwise a vegetarian diet is pushed as much as possible.
>>
>>24872955
Gotta get them trainers inside so the Pokemart can get mad business.
>>
>>24873233
Not just in Kalos. There's also Unova, and I think a few in Hoenn.
>>
>>24873073
>"Animals" as we know them don't exist in the Pokemon world.
>Indian Elephant
>>
>>24873082
There is restaurant in Kalos that serves it and Farfetch'd almost goes stint because it super tasty
>>
>>24873082
A slowpoke tail is like your foreskin.
>>
File: 1449621478591.png (133 KB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
1449621478591.png
133 KB, 300x229
>>24873064
I think that GF mostly isn't sure about all that. I'd say from everything we've learned in the recent games, it's likely that humans and Pokémon both eat food exclusively made from berries and mushrooms.
It could be that berries in the Pokémon world can make a lot of different flavors and textures depending on how they're prepared.
>>
>>24872955
because baby first rpg
>>
>>24875158
Meant to say almost exclusively*, because sometimes humans and Pokémon will rely on Pokémeat. And if the Kyurem legend holds any ground, Pokémon seem to eat humans too in certain circumstances.
>>
File: brock-obama[1].jpg (63 KB, 660x677) Image search: [Google]
brock-obama[1].jpg
63 KB, 660x677
>>24872955

>Brock Health Care Plan
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.