[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon XY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: XY.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
XY.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
What's with the hate for these games? I'm on my 4th play through now. That's more than any other game in the series besides Gold and Silver. This is pretty much the Pokémon game I always wanted back then.

Trainer customization, amie, 3D graphics, cool story. I mean, you can get almost every Pokémon in this game. It's awesome! ORAS were a step back. Oh, and mega evolutions are basically the old Pokegod rumors come true.

Every Pokémon game from now on should have as many pokemon as XY. Or at least pull a BW and have only new ones. The only thing I want now is to expand Secret Bases into something like animal crossing where you make your own gym. It'd be like the perfect game...
>>
>>24872733
Because people here hate all the good stuff and love all the shit. Why do you think they all love gen 1 and 5 and hate this?
>>
>>24872733
>Secret Bases into something like animal crossing where you make your own gym. It'd be like the perfect game...

Funny ypu mention that since that's exactly how they are in ORAS.

Hopefully they will make a game some day with ALL of the things people like.
>>
My only problems are
>3d models for the characters look way too stiff
>story felt rushed for some reason
>characters are forgettable only unless they were annoying
>E4 and champion weren't even mildly challenging
>music is too boring, though that's just my own problem
>>
>>24872774
>E4 and champ weren't even mildly challenging
Anon tell me when the E4 has ever been challenging. I've played every main game from gen 1 and I've never had troubles with the E4 or champs in any of them. They're all easy as hell as long as you use the correct setup.
>>
>>24872783
Post-game E4 champ in BW1 was pretty tough, though I hear Cynthia and some E4 memebers in Sinnoh also gave some people a run for their money
>>
>>24872733
My gripe was the story. While it tried to be serious, it feel really flat and rushed. The gym leaders were nonexistent outside of their gyms and most of the characters were bland/annoying. The integration of the legendaries sucked and felt forced too. Coming from Gen V, it was a disappointment.

And the EXP share and difficulty balance was a problem too. For me, Pokemon battles are most fun with little to no grinding and just barely winning each important battle. But in this game, you either turn on EXP Share and be way ahead in level, or turn it off and have to grind. I helped this issue by checking the levels before hand and making sure I don't get overleveled in ORAS though. But it would've been nice if I didn't have to go through that trouble.

However, that's all the bad I have to say about the game. It does improve almost every other aspect of pokemon games. The world was really fun to explore and beautiful to look at. And the post game, while bothered a lot of people, was fulfilling for me with that extra sidestory we got. The music selection immersive and well composed. It's the pokemon game I played the most out of all of them and was definitely enjoyable.

I just hope the next mainline game can improve all the problems XY had.
>>
>boring forgettable characters
>the ones that are memorable are really only memorable because they were annoying as fuck (looking right at you shauna, tierno and the redhead kid.)
>past the 2nd gym the pace of the game felt way too fast
>not a whole lot to explore, at least from what I remember
>nothing to do in the postgame other than gather a few megastones and breed
But it had a great regional dex, good music and lots of useful wifi stuff.

Hopefully the next Kalos games can fix all the stuff wrong with the game, but to do that they'd probably have to make it a sequel. I wouldn't have any problem with that though.
>>
>>24872733
Lack of New Pokémon in the Kalos (region).
>>
>>24872733
It's the game that made me stop playing the main games. It's nothing but a copy or RB and and FRLG. The amount of gen I pandering is just sick. This is supposed to be a new game not a gen I remake. Why reboot the series when that was the job BW was supposed to take? They were disastrous and was thrown away one the game was finished.
>>
>>24872733
The only thing I didn't like about XY is how short the travel between the next gym becomes once you unlock mega evolution. You spend almost half the game just getting to the third gym going through some cozy little towns and that very nice cliff side/ocean area then its just a gym gauntlet until you get the box legend.
>>
/vp/ is literally the most autistic board and hates everything that isn't Gen V, for some strange reason.
>>
>>24875690
Most anons here are nostalgic about playing gen 5 when they were kids.
>>
>>24872733
>Laggy & choppy gameplay
>Annoying characters (fat shit, retarded bitch, geeky faggot)
>Difficulty far far too easy
>Bad storyline (evil team are literally flaming homosexuals)
>Pacing is horrible, basically this >>24875598
>Meaningless choice between bikes that you can't change (why?)
>>
I actually really liked it, probably put more hours into X than any other game.

I just bought Y a few days ago for myself as an early Christmas present. Damn it felt so good to return.
>>
>>24872743
>hurr durr anyone who dislikes X/Y is automatically a Genwunner/Unovabortion
>>
The only thing i didnt like about xy is the so called friends the only person out of the 3 who did anything useful was the drown one.
>>
I had fun playing them. They felt a but incomplete but they were fun games (to me at least).

I'm hoping we get more Kalos in the future.
>>
>>24872833
>that extra sidestory we got
bitch, where?
>>
>>24875690
Seems like the other way round, actually
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.