[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone watching Chuggaaconroys LP of Platinum version?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4
File: Platinum.png (440 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Platinum.png
440 KB, 512x512
Anyone watching Chuggaaconroys LP of Platinum version?
>>
I probably will. The guy's an autist, but I think some of his stuff can be alright.
>>
Usually I enjoy his Pokemon LP's, I've been wanting him to do Platinum for a while since I love Gen IV.
>>
I'm watching because I'm as much an an autist as him, so I want to see if he uses my favorite Pokemon (Gallade). I already know he probably won't, but I'll watch anyway.
>>
I haven't because I've been meaning to play Platinum myself, it's the one game alongside HGSS I've skipped and not gone back to yet. His stuff is pretty good.
>>
>>24872117
He's using a Fighting-type, he talked about using Machop but he decided against it because he had another Pokemon in mind.
>>
File: 1381181213516.jpg (552 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
1381181213516.jpg
552 KB, 800x572
>>24872064
Me, I even started my first Platinum playthrough on desmume. My Turtwig is named "Iggy" because it sounded like Yggdrasil!
>>
Pretty much what the other guys said. He's an autist dweeb who's absolutely insufferable in a group and doesn't play all that many games I'm interested in, but his Pokemon LPs have historically been some of his best and I've enjoyed the lot of them, so I resubbed temporarily for the duration of this one. So far I'm enjoying it as expected. Apparently he's got some killer taste, having complimented Turtwig, Shinx, Furret, Abra and Zubat just four episodes in.
>>
Who /chuggaanela/ here?
>>
>>24872128
Aww shit, really? Did he mention that in his newest one? Haven't seen it yet. Even so, he could still be talking about Heracross or Lucario. But I'm pretty sure he used Heracross in a past LP and I know he doesn't really like reusing Pokemon. And he probably figures people would expect Lucario, so I guess I'm hopeful for Gallade.
>>
>>24872159
Yeah he mentioned it today in Episode 4, I'm actually thinking it will be Heracross.
>>
>>24872064
No.
>>
never heard of this guy before now but nowt that I've checked him out he seems alright. Platinum is my favorite in the series so I'll keep up with these uploads. He seems pretty good at keeping things interesting.
>>
>>24872170
Don't you need to use Honey shit for Heracross?
>>
>>24872175
The amount of shit he goes through to make his LPs as complete and informative as possible is crazy.
>>
>>24872064
idk his LPs are kinda boring because he literally looks up at all the stuff in the game, i mean pokemon is already pretty easy but if you start looking up on bulbapedia the opponent's teams/moves and possible ways to counter NPCs than it becomes kinda pointless... commentary is good though
>>
>>24872184
Yeah you do but Honey was something Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum had so I think he'd want to show that off plus he complimented Heracross in the past. He already has one Pokemon that evolves through happiness Zubat, I think that crosses Riolu off.
>>
File: 387.jpg (91 KB, 460x490) Image search: [Google]
387.jpg
91 KB, 460x490
I marathoned the end of Emerald to get ready for this series.
I'm really liking the new Pokemon bio designs.

Also, I was really hoping he'd choose Turtwig. He's 3/4 on picking my favourite of each starter trio now.
>>
>>24872199
His aren't LPs as much as they are video walkthroughs with funny commentary. It's meant to be informative.
>>
>>24872140
I still think they're fucking, but aren't saying shit for the sake of their "careers". And i use that word very loosely.
>>
>>24872234
I'm having a hard time imagining chuggaa not being a virgin.
>>
>>24872064
Yeah, I am right now actually.
>>
>>24872250
Masae is the female version of him though.
>>
>>24872194
holy shit this is so unbelievably autistic in the best possible way
>>
>>24872262
It's not that I don't think he could get a woman into the bedroom, it's that I don't think he would.
It's hard to explain.
>>
>>24872295
I get what you mean, but I'm not sure anybody knows him so well he could say that for sure. He sure loves his dirty jokes whenever Masae's around.
>>
i am
i enjoyed his crystal lp back in the day quite a bit
the shiny koffing thing was pretty funny
>>
>>24872379
>20 posters, 35 replies
Not quite, anon boy.
>>
>>24872207
I'm gonna guess Medicham then. Heracross just seems too tedious.
>>
ya I like his shit, always learn new stuff
>>
Not so big on Gen IV, but with the effort he puts into these... I wouldn't be surprised to find a new appreciation for them. That and the underground was surprisingly addicting.
>>
>>24872928
Possible candidates:
Heracross
Medicham
Gallade
Lucario
Toxicroak
>>
>>24872355
why?
>>
>>24874193
I am hoping for Toxicroak, but he already has Zubat so I doubt it.
>>
>>24874246
He had Ludicolo and Tentacruel before so
>>
>>24874270
Pretty sure that's because they don't share any weaknesses.

We'll find out sooner or later anyways.
>>
>>24872223
>informative
yeah cause you really need a guide for Pokemon
>>
I really like the guy. His autistic explinations of everything is soothing.

Also, was it just me or did it feel weird to hear him say "salty" as in upset last episode?
>>
>>24874246
Not to mention that another 'mon with a 4x weakness would be a bad idea (Toxicroak - Poison/Fighting = 4x to Psychic)
>>
>>24872308
Dirty by his standard, which is adorable.
>>
I really want him to do a Nuzlocke, just as a minor run between projects with minimal editting.
>>
So what will his fire type be? Flareon, Houndoom, or Magmortar?
>>
>>24874359
>using fire types
Because you really need a check for all those grass, bug and ice shitmons.
>>
Can't wait for the battle frontier videos.
>>
File: 1430275345311.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1430275345311.png
1 MB, 1280x720
I miss Slowflake
>>
>>24872064
I prefer NintendoCapriSun. I don't watch LPs for the technical details, but for the experience.
>>
>>24872194
That's why I love his videos, and he is the only Let's Player I watch. Loved Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
>>
hope he isn't a fucking autist like in his emerald lets play and goes after legendary pokemon with heal balls because LE EPIC MOMENTS XDDD
>>
>>24874359
Rapidash
>>
I hate the way he worries about including too much "explanation" in his videos, like what does he think people are watching them for?
>>
>>24874359
I can't see him using Flareon. Magmortar is a maybe, but I imagine he'd use Houndoom if he has a fire-type at all.
>>
What's going on? This is the only thread I have ever seen about a youtuber/poketuber where nobody really had anything bad to say.
>>
>>24875479
Chugga's harmless, really. Kind of annoying in a group, but mostly harmless. He makes decently entertaining, highly informational content (at least with his Pokemon series) with a huge amount of production value for what it is, with the Pokemon bios per route and shit. His fanbase isn't super intrusive to my knowledge either, which is always a plus - for the most part, you'll probably only ever see his videos referenced on his own channel and the other Runaway Guys'.

If you can get around his autism (if you can't, you don't belong on /vp/ anyway), there's really not much else to complain about. He's very easy to ignore if you don't like his content, and if you do then you're in for a quality playalong walkthrough.
>>
>>24875299
I honestly think it's just a pacing thing. The bios are a lot of the draw, but if he sits there explaining every shitmon in the area for the whole video he doesn't make any progress and it could start to drag on. It's not the amount of information he's worried about, it's the distribution thereof.
>>
>>24875525
>but if he sits there explaining every shitmon in the area for the whole video

this is almost literally what he's doing though, he's just doing it in an extremely weird way

he's doing a bio for every pokemon on a route rather than when he encounters new pokemon, so he takes time to explain pokemon that he hasn't encountered but isn't explaining ones it would be helpful to know about like when he's battling burmy

he used to do it by explaining new pokemon as he encountered them and there was literally nothing wrong with it
>>
>>24875573
You should tell him in the comments and he might actually take notice. During his Xenoblade LP, I was a regular in a gamefaqs thread about it and I and the others wrote lots of advice and feedback on what he was doing. He ended up addressing most points in later videos and even thanked us in the endslate of the final episode.
>>
Kek, Chugga and Masae are playing Mario Party 2 on her channel and he mentioned the overabundance of Landorus at this year's VGC.
>>
>>24872064
Chugga's my favorite LPer but honestly his pokemon series are probably my least favorite of his. I already know pretty much everything about the games, and I do enjoy how he explains every last detail of them, but it's just more enjoyable on a game I don't already know inside and out.
>>
>>24872064
I used to watch this guy, enjoyed the hell out of his super mario sunshine and pokemon crystal LPs.
But over time, his voice has gotten way too loud and grating to listen to, and his constant laughter over stupid shit (and need to make retarded puns) that isn't even remotely funny made me unsubscribe.

His LPs are pretty great, but I just can't stand his voice anymore and his autistic impulse to laugh and make shit puns.
>>
Shulk will be in the next smash game
>>
What will the last 4 spots in his team be filled by?
>>
>>24877357
Purugly
Pachirisu
Medicham
East Gastrodon
screencap this
>>
>>24872064

>PokeCancerTubers
>>
>>24872064
This guy's okay, but I haven't been using youtube for anything but viewing 4chan links for the past few months. I've stopped enjoying it.
>>
>>24877566
>Purugly
Unobtainable in Plat without trading.
>>
I wonder how Masae rides the penis.
>>
>>24876164
>his voice has gotten way too loud and grating to listen to

holy shit this

He's just way too fucking loud now. His best/coziest stuff to watch is when he isn't fucking yelling all the time (Sunshine, Firered, etc.)
>>
>>24875640
the only thing he takes notice nowadays is gay ass anime characters of TRG
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.