[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have fixed Samurott in 2 seconds. Hire me Gamefreak.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
File: Untitled.png (172 KB, 500x632) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
172 KB, 500x632
I have fixed Samurott in 2 seconds.

Hire me Gamefreak.
>>
>>24868601

GameFreakuruu here.

Tu logicoo. Shite idea gud enouf.
>>
>>24868601
Why not both?
Don't you want your water bear horse samurai to attack with its head sword and its two other swords at the same time?
>>
>>24868601
It needs to be completely redone to be fixed
>>
>>24868728
No because bipedal Samurott is stupid.
>>
File: 1450028441454.gif (89 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450028441454.gif
89 KB, 600x450
>>24868815

>being bipedal like oshawott and dewott.
>stupid.
>>
>>24868828
It's stupid when the design doesn't work at all as a bipedal creature
>>
File: 1449399508200.jpg (45 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1449399508200.jpg
45 KB, 375x375
>>24868839

> implying giving blades to a quadruped is any better.
>>
>>24868857
no one implied that. In fact the posts above are implying the exact opposite of that. Unless you're counting the horn that could actually be effective for a quadruped to attack with as a blade.
>>
File: MCI-3044.png (117 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
MCI-3044.png
117 KB, 850x850
> Not realizing that
Helmet horn = Yari(Spear)
Shell blades on armor = Katanas

Also:
>Oshawott carries one shell as a weapon
> Dewott carries 2 shells as weaponry
> Samurott carries 3 shells as weapons
Why do you hate evolutionary progression?
>>
>>24868767
The design is fine. Why do you want consistancy on an aquatic samurai? Just put it on the fucking water.
>>
Just fix his design to be able to stand on both feet but prefers to be on all fours due to power level limitation or some shit.
>>
>>24868601
You also need to remove that ugly shell on its head. Yeah, you basically have to redo it completely...
>>
>>24868839
Oshawott doesn't even have legs. Dewott's legs are too short to work as well. If it doesn't work for one it doesn't work for any.
>>
>>24868601
Samurott is perfect. It needs to be in that hunched bipedal sword-holding pose all the time, and be Water/Fighting.
>>
>>24869161
On top of having almost no legs, they also have flippers for feet that would be a hindrance for any footwork.
>>
Making it bipedal would make it even bigger bara bait
>>
>>24869283
B-b-but that's what we want... right?
>>
>>24868601

Why not both?

Its front legs are opposable enough to hold swords, and if it needs to use both swords, it can stand on its hind legs to do so.

Just having the horn be its "sword" would make a lot less sense.
>>
>>24869860
Look at the image you posted. Look at Samurott not holding his "sword" and then with it. Reconsider if you really want it.
>>
>>24869882
So what? Dropping the holdable weapons entirely would distance Samurott even more from the rest of its family.
>>
File: Zukan_BW04_C4.png (141 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
Zukan_BW04_C4.png
141 KB, 320x310
>>24869882
I see nothing wrong with it’s anatomy with or without it's sword out. Are you just nitpicking because you dislike it as a Dewott evolution? Samurott is an aquatic mammal with a samurai theme just like it's pre evos. It isn't that off from it's line compared to Octillery and Dragonite.
>>24870048
This nigga gets get. Samurott would objectively be disconnected from the previous two if it dropped the "detachable Shell Blade" motif. Instead they enhanced the shells into actual shell blades. An effective natural progression.
>>
>>24869019
Water starters all are supposed to work just as well on land as they in water. That's what they're all based on semiaquatic animals. Samurott's design sucks shit on land and doesn't make any sense. Putting it in water doesn't work because for the majority of the fucking game it's not in water. Its design isn't fine because it's a swordfighter that doesn't even look like it can hold things or stand up properly.

>>24869161
Oshawott has feet. Dewott have legs. Both of them look like they can actually hold swords and move around holding swords effectively. Samurott doesn't.

>>24869218
>they have flippers for feet
Says who? They're based on otters. Otters don't have flippers.
>>
>>24868601
>Still has giraffe neck
No
>>
>>24870295
>Both of them look like they can actually hold swords and move around holding swords effectively.

>Oshawott: a oversized head and no legs. Just feet glued on the bottom of the legs. Would tumble over if real world physics are applied. No visible fingers to hold it's weapon

>Dewott: Head is a bit oversized and anatomy looks bottom heavy for a swordsman. Arms are too short and fingers are too tiny to hold weapons. Legs are shorter than Samurott's, legs are structured similar to penguin legs than otter legs(excluding bird style feet). Sprinting fast on land would appear difficult compared to water movement.

They're just as fundamentally flawed as swordsman like Samurott. And the whole line can bypass this with aqua jet-esque movement while holding their weapons. Which will highlight their aquatic nature. Do you finally see that it's retarded to want consistency on warriors structured to be aquatic?
>>
>>24870295
>Water starters all are supposed to work just as well on land as they in water

Says who? Oshawott and Dewott are based on sea otters, and Samurott is based on a sea lion, both of which are animals that more suited to water than they are land.
>>
File: Oshawott line.png (2 MB, 1600x880) Image search: [Google]
Oshawott line.png
2 MB, 1600x880
>>24871044

Forgot pic
>>
>>24868601
This is what i tought Samurott was until I saw Pokedex 3D
>>
>>24870965
Gee it's almost as if they're fucking cartoon creatures so they don't need perfect anatomy to look like they can move around efficiently.

The problem with Samurott is that its whole design inherently looks like an animal that can't wield items or stand on two legs. Oshawott and Dewott do. It's like making Rapidash wield swords. It wouldn't look right because its design is quadruped.

>>24871044
>Says who

Says all their designs and the player not being anywhere close to water when they get them

> Oshawott and Dewott are based on sea otters, and Samurott is based on a sea lion, both of which are animals that more suited to water than they are land
Oshawott and Dewott work fine on land. Samurott doesn't. That's the problem.
>>
>>24871093

samurott works fine on land you fucking autist. it runs faster on all fours and rams shit with its horn, and can stand on its back legs when it needs to. or are you telling me bears aren't suited for land either?
>>
>>24868601
bipedal

There, fixed.
>>
>>24871169
>samurott works fine on land you fucking autist.

no it doesn't because it can wield swords for shit with those retarded looking legs

>or are you telling me bears aren't suited for land either?
bears don't need to wield swords
>>
File: samurott-razor-shell-1-o.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
samurott-razor-shell-1-o.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>24871186

i'm surprised you can wield a computer with that retarded brain.
>>
>>24870295
>penguins not being fucking useless on land
>>
>>24871248
Empoleon can do all that it needs to on land. If it needed to wield swords maybe it would look retarded. But thankfully it doesn't. Because it's actually a GOOD design.

>>24871211
Yes, I know Samurott looks retarded standing on two legs, you don't need to show me
>>
>>24871186
No, bears don't wield swords. They wield claws that they use standing up. And then they run on all fours.

By the way, give me the long list of animals that wield swords irl.
>>
>>24871260
Empoleon's an overdesigned shit piece. Also, it looks ineffective with its stubby legs. Its redeeming factor is that it can shoot blasts which Samurott can also do.
>>
>>24871260

you said it's not functional on land and it clearly is, the same way a bear is. stop moving the goalposts.
>>
>>24871262
>They wield claws that they use standing up

they use them on all fours too dumbass. Bears only briefly stand up and they don't need to battle constantly standing up like samurott would need to do with swords

>>24871280
>Also, it looks ineffective with its stubby legs

Which reflects its whopping 60 base speed. Empoleon's design is fine because it actually works for what its trying to be. It's a bulky fucking emperor that doesn't need to move around much but can attack from a distance or up close with its claws. Samurott's design is a piece of shit that doesn't work with its fighting style.
>>
>>24871281
>you said it's not functional on land and it clearly is

that's not what I said. I said it sucks shit on land because it doesn't work with its body type and fighting style. You're the one who needs to stop moving goalposts
>>
>>24871328

it's a slow mixed attacker. that's its fighting style. its stats and design reflect that. you are putting too much emphasis on the swords when it only uses them for some attacks.

empoleon works on land but it's BETTER in the water where it can dash around and slice shit. it still -functions- on land. samurott is no different.
>>
>>24871411
>when it only uses them for some attacks

and for those attacks it looks FUCKING awful. On top of that it barely looks connected to Dewott. Empoleon does look connected to its pre-evos. Samurott is terrible all around

>samurott is no different.
Samurott doesn't look like it can stand on land because it's a fucking sea lion
>>
>>24871451

well it clearly fucking can, and it's not strictly shaped like a sea lion. again, it moves and stands the same way a bear does, and its legs are much thicker compared to its torso so it can realistically lunge.

if you're trying to argue realism, dewott and oshawott are even less suited for standing with their stubby ass limbs.

"it looks awful (in my opinion)" is not the same as "it doesn't work." again, stop moving the goalposts.
>>
>>24871493
>well it clearly fucking can, and it's not strictly shaped like a sea lion
yes it is

>it moves and stands the same way a bear does
No, it stands the same way a retarded looking cartoon sea lion does: very awkwardly

Want to see how a bear looks like standing up? See: Ursaring, Pangoro, Beartic

>if you're trying to argue realism, dewott and oshawott are even less suited for standing with their stubby ass limbs
But unlike Samurott they can actually wield shit because they have arms instead of sea lion ass looking flabby limbs

>"it looks awful (in my opinion)" is not the same as "it doesn't work."
It doesn't work though. You're the one who needs to stop moving goalposts.
>>
File: bear-antomy.png (2 MB, 2228x1660) Image search: [Google]
bear-antomy.png
2 MB, 2228x1660
>>24871540
>No, it stands the same way a retarded looking cartoon sea lion does: very awkwardly
Its less proportionate to sea lions compared to bears. Despite being based on one its structured to be less-aquatic compared to it's real life inspiration.
>>
>>24871540

nigger are you fucking blind? oshawott literally has stubs with no digits, and dewott has the same flab and three tiny fingers, just smaller arms.

you're making it sound like it has amorphous fins when it fucking doesn't. if you actually bothered to look at the XY animation, it clearly has joints like a terrestrial mammal, which brings me back to my point that it's not shaped exactly like a sea lion.
>>
>>24869860
I like this.
>>
Samurott is pretty cool.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.