[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What archive does /vp/ use now? I'm trying to find the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: demoPokemon.png (1 MB, 2390x946) Image search: [Google]
demoPokemon.png
1 MB, 2390x946
What archive does /vp/ use now?

I'm trying to find the last Pokemon Sage thread to see what's up.
>>
>>24867359
trust me they'll find you first
they lurk constantly
they know if you posted their work on deviantart calling it your own
>>
File: Sage Party.png (21 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Sage Party.png
21 KB, 640x640
>>24867359
YOU RANG?
>>
What do you fags want?
>>
>>24867444
Not OP, but my brother was jizzing himself over the demo.

I have one tiny request. Is there any chance after you guys finally finish Sage that you could release an update allowing players to change what balls their Pokemon are in?
>>
File: 1398990338064.png (963 KB, 1052x1692) Image search: [Google]
1398990338064.png
963 KB, 1052x1692
>>24867466
Almost certainly no, I'm not one of the programmers, but I'm pretty sure this would fall under the title "do it yourself"
>>
>>24867466
I'll ask our programmers about it
>>
File: 1398993674886.png (125 KB, 672x502) Image search: [Google]
1398993674886.png
125 KB, 672x502
>>24867476
>>
>>24867466
I think you might be able to change balls with the dev mode. The ability exists. It would be up to the programmers to allow that kind of thing, and I don't think they will.
>>
fgts
>>
OP here, I fell sleep but am back.

Seriously, what archive are we using?

I just wanna know the ETA for 2.0 and last I heard it's not February anymore due to mapping complications.
>>
your question was answered in the post right before yours
>>
>>24868610
is fgts seriously an archive name or just them calling this threads shitposters faggots?
>>
>>24868610
>>24868628
googled, seems to be down.

What's with all the archives dying recently?
>>
File: 4251542524.png (2 MB, 2390x946) Image search: [Google]
4251542524.png
2 MB, 2390x946
meh
>>
I don't know what archives are working either.

Currently though, with our site being dead, quite a few thing in the project are on hold.

The scapyard is probably done. I missed out on pretty much all the discussion for it. Routes 9 though andante are going to have feedback surveys soon and with them being the last of the maps, we can focus on distros for trainers, mons, npc dialogue and calling majora a fag.
>>
>>24867372
That's just raptor being a fucking tool honestly
>>
>>24868659
No current ETA?

Went from Dec to Feb, think 2.0 will be out before Summer starts?
>>
>>24868692
probably. Our ETAs are rubbish. I don't know why we even guess. We always seem to make guesses as to how long we will take before we even start working. There is actually plenty of work we could be doing right now, but I think people don't like trying to do more than one thing at a time. plots going nicely, maps are 3/4 done. Nobody can agree about distros so they're taking forever but they could probably be done faster if we just surveyed it. chaos does dialogue so who knows how that's going. we made a nice bag menu. There is probably other stuff but i can't think of it.
>>
>>24868708
So assets are mostly done for 2.0?

It's just the more technical stuff holding things back?
>>
>>24868677
>toxiraptor
no thanks, is already royalty free
>>
>>24868720
well, I guess? I get the feeling I'm missing something. Don't get me wrong. Writing lines for the 200+ NPCs that will be added will take ages.
The distros for wild mons, trainers and items on the routes are probably going to take a while as well. after that, the programmers will have to put it in game and we need to bug test it which could take over a week. It took more than a week for 1.5 to be bug tested. it was rough.
>>
File: Grass Raptor Official stage 2.png (115 KB, 465x406) Image search: [Google]
Grass Raptor Official stage 2.png
115 KB, 465x406
>>24868736
Who said toxiraptor? There's only one raptor shitposter that I know of
>>
>>24868605
>ETA
It's whenever it is dude.
We're not in any rush to finish this thing.
Rushing = sloppy work.
With Dunky gone there's no need to worry about sloppy rushed work though so do not fear.
>>
>>24868746
>It took more than a week for 1.5 to be bug tested. it was rough.
It was difficult but it was fun honestly.
>>
>>24868638
Is there another fanmade game with a pokedex this amazing?
>>
>>24868863
wait is dunky gone for good? i might actually want to start contributing again.
>>
>>24871819
He'll want back in in a few months but hopefully nobody actually invites him back.
He's actually worse than Majora at times because at least Majora is muted in the main chat.
Plus he doesn't actually offer anything of use and just brings "muh oldfag headcanon" to the table.
>>
>>24871854
i've been saying that dunky is worse than majora for a while. i'm glad to hear other people agree. i want the project to do well. is the skype still active? maybe i'll log back on.
>>
Does Sage have consistent threads anymore? Did the project move to another website?
>>
>>24871861
Is christmas time so it's pretty much break time currently.
>>24871868
Yes.
>>
>>24867359
fgts.jp
>>
File: let's plot a course.png (528 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
let's plot a course.png
528 KB, 950x534
>>24871876
I had a feeling. I'll look around then, thanks.
>>
>>24868863
How much has actually got done since he's left though? I mean actual decisions made. Sloppy or not you all have still been working on the same content roughly for the past two years.
>>
>>24873832
Stuff progressing, but christmas is coming up so you can fully expect absolutely no work happening for the next week or so.
I don't remember exactly when he left but I think we got Dronia and Scrapyard completely reworked. Lots of designs submitted for badges, some distros and plot stuff.
The only thing Dunky really did was stats/moves and he did those so super half-assed that they sort of need to be re-looked over.
Need whoever did the dex entries to organise the tms etc, they did a really good job. Carson or Leda I think?
>>
>>24873846
My point isn't about dunky, it's more or less what have you actually done in a timely manner that was risked being rushed through? This demo was supposed to be out by now. Sure some of you have lives, but you also have boners for confusing spending lots of time on things with quality and for endless arguments. I remember the threads, god forbid people compromise or people come to finalizing something.

So how much is actually done or is dunky just going to continue to be your scapegoat for why shit never got done? Because it sounds like you guys need deadlines.
>>
>>24873875
>This demo was supposed to be out by now
No.
The demo will be out when it is done not before.
The people giving you estimated times speak for nobody.
>what have you actually done in a timely manner that was risked being rushed through?
I think you're completely missing the point.
>>
>>24868638
Where's the complete pokedex?
>>
>>24875374
the full pokedex exists, but not as expected.
>>
>>24871861
>trading dunky for raptor
hahahahahahahhahahahahahaha
>>
>>24875374
http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Pokédex
Full sized version here.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/capx/images/0/01/WikiDex062614.png/revision/latest?cb=20151013031111
>>
File: WikiDex062614 small.jpg (3 MB, 1822x3800) Image search: [Google]
WikiDex062614 small.jpg
3 MB, 1822x3800
>>24875374
pic related..

>>24868746
>>24868720
We still have a few maps, plot details, and trainers./distro/dialog/item stuff to go, along with maybe fixing some tiles/making a few new ones if people are willing to do that (we really should do that now vs going back and doing it next demo for the already published areas but >implying sage follow common sense) but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>24871929
You won't find it, it's intentionally private. But if you want to know how stuff is going making threads here or just asking people on their talk pages on the wiki usually works.
>>
>>24876278
If you really wanted to you could get a ton of the trainers/distro/dialogue done in one go if you multitasked. But everyone is assumed to have input on it.

If you split it up you could get it done. Just saying. That shouldn't take too long but autism dictates it take forever.

I get maps and plot, but the rest could be done in a week if you multitasked like normal human beings.
>>
>>24878213
Main thing getting in the way of it is scheduling. There's about 7-8 people who usually work with distro/trainer stuff, but times when 5 or more of those people are on and aren't working on other more important things (like maps) only happen a few times a week, and if we only did meetings with 4 or less then what's decided then could easily be upset by the other people later disputing it, as well as specific contentious issues, such as if X mon makes sense on Y route or not.
>>
>>24878334
If people aren't around then that's on them, but if you do meet, then you need to get shit done. Or not argue to death and learn to in-house poll. If 5-3 are in favor, then fuck the minority and go with the majority. Just because Majora yells like a petulant child or because Dunky has to rage at everything doesn't mean that the rule of majority wins doesn't matter.

If only 4 people show up, then 4 people decided it provided that a time was set in a realistic amount of time and the other 4 people bailed.
At some point you need to set deadlines and learn to multitask. That or start doing things at the same time as other things. Distros could be done in an afternoon. Dialogue can be worked on independently because who the fuck gives a shit what is said aside from Majora. Trainers should be done by statschat because they know what the hell they're doing.

So it's really just distros that should be taking a while and even then, with mapping, that can be done without mapping. You have the topography map. You dictate what can go where. There's no need for this to take so long.
>>
>>24878376
Thx anon. I didnt know how to work till now.
>>
>>24878406
I'd taste your sarcasm but you work like retards so I do have a point here.
>>
>>24878376
>If people aren't around then that's on them

Silence is not approval. That was true back when we were on /vp/ and it's true now still as well. We can't just have 1-2 people decide on something and then that's that and we can't change it.

>If only 4 people show up, then 4 people decided it provided that a time was set in a realistic amount of time and the other 4 people bailed.

I absolutely agree, though i'd say if later somebody brings up a good point and a lot other people agree it should get considered as well, but that's not how we've been handling these. It hasn't been "We will meet at X time on Y day, be there". It's been "Hey does anybody wanna go over this shit right now?". Obviously, if people agree to a time to go over it and there's enough notice it's up to them to be there, and moving forward we plan on having set times, so hopefully from now on that's how it will happen.

Trainer teams more or less are just being done by statschat, but trainer layouts is a more general thing since that's both a mapping and stats issue. A surprisingly sizeable amount of people have chimed in on dialog recently.
>>
>>24878376
Nah we'll just make a good game instead.
>>
>>24875482
Raptor has been irrelevant long before dunky left
>>
>>24876278
Awesome.
This is based in Mexico?
>>
>>24878831
South and meso Americans
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.