[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scyther reduced to being basically worthless without evo. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: pixiv40962693.png (177 KB, 480x636) Image search: [Google]
pixiv40962693.png
177 KB, 480x636
Scyther reduced to being basically worthless without evo.
I wasted my metal plate on steelix already what do?
>>
>>24864054
Just inject it. :^)
>>
Scyther isn't that bad, give him Eviolite
>>
>>24864054
Blog about your shitty life on /vp/.
>>
>>24864054
You stick around with your bro and wait for Attack Eviolite to be introduced to the main games.
>>
File: 1402796095242.png (63 KB, 209x175) Image search: [Google]
1402796095242.png
63 KB, 209x175
>>24864096
Attack Eviolite Trapinch
>>
>>24864096

>attack eviolite trapinch
>attack eviolite magneton
>attack eviolite dusclops
>ATTACK EVIOLITE MUNCHLAX
>ATTACK EVIOLITE TAILLOW WITH BOOMBURST IN LITTLE CUP

Pls no.
>>
>>24866429
Cranidos
>>
Just slap an eviolite on it.

80 defenses isn't bad at all, and eviolite just makes it bulky while having a good attacking stat.
>>
File: 230.jpg (25 KB, 470x492) Image search: [Google]
230.jpg
25 KB, 470x492
>>24866479
>punchilite Cranidos
>punchilite Fraxure
>punchilite Doublade
>>
>>24864054
Scyther and Scizor have the same base stat totals. The only difference is how they are divided and the types of the two pokemon. Scyther alone is still a solid pokemon, even without eviolite
>>
>>24867109
>punchilite
>not eviomite
>>
>>24864054

DexNav Skarmory for metal coats.
>>
>>24864054
wigger it's attack and speed are fucking fine for the main game, but you'd have to be actually 10 years old to be unable to beat the maingame even with fucking Ledian.
>>
>>24864054
>I wasted my metal plate on steelix already what do?
ORAS: Use dexnav to search for Skarmory in Route 113, you can see the held item before battling with it (just raise the level).

XY: Put a pokémon with the ability Compound eyes (Ex: Butterfree, Galvantula) in the first slot, it will raise the chance of a wild pokémon be holding a item, preferably it should be FAINTED. In the second slot put a pokémon with ability Frisk (will identify if a pokémon has a hold item upon entering). With this combo you can raise the rate of wild pokémon having items plus identifying if it has the desirable item (so you can keep escaping), you can also use the move Thief to be even more fast. (I recommend search for Magnetons in the Friend Safari, the Lost Hotel one only has 20% of appearing).
>>
>>24866488
Eviolite makes him super bulky add roost and he's very bulky. Swords dance turns tech wing attack into a feared threat in singles so imagine double or triples. Bug bite is a great tech stab, but swords dance quick attack is awesome too. Scyther really should have a bigger niche than nu. I get that he doesn't get much coverage, but he can make for bulky sweeper late game.
>>
>>24869812

Isn't Scyther 4x weak to rocks? That's probably the biggest thing holding it back.
>>
>>24864054
Use Thief on wild Magnemites until you get another Metal Coat. Then get Scizor. Problem solved.
>>
Why in the everloving fuck would you waste your Metal Coat on Steelix? Who uses Steelix ever?
>>
>>24869852
Vocarona, Dragonite. Yes it's weak to rocks, but if you carry hazard removal like most teams accommodate for these other threats and you have a punishingly bulky attacker, with decent speed and access to priority.
>>
See if you can find in-game NU players? Scyther is pretty good there.

Otherwise, see >>24869130 >>24869861
>>
>>24869904

Volcarona has access to arguably the best boosting move in the game, and it's still held back because of the rock weakness, which is so crippling it basically gets one shot and that's it.

Dragonite has to worry about rocks breaking Multiscale.

Eviolite Scyther can be good, but that 4x weakness is a huge deal and means it can only come out in the very beginning before rocks go up, or the very end when rocks have been cleared. You're fighting 5v6 for the entire middle portion unless you can get a revenge kill and rocks still aren't up, and you can set up.

I'm not saying it's unworkable, but being 4x weak to rock is really bad.
>>
>>24869879
Maybe just a guy that likes Steelix? Have you considered that?
>>
File: 1449037657736s.jpg (3 KB, 125x100) Image search: [Google]
1449037657736s.jpg
3 KB, 125x100
>>24864054
>Metal Plate
Lol wat do you mean Metal Coat?
>>
Hey OP I'll give you my Metal Coat if you want. I have no use for it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.