[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played a Pokémon side game. Which ones are the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: molly-ringwald.jpg (56 KB, 588x331) Image search: [Google]
molly-ringwald.jpg
56 KB, 588x331
I've never played a Pokémon side game. Which ones are the best on the DS or 3DS?
>>
>>24862540
Play All of them.
>>
Explorers of Sky and Super Mystery Dungeon are good. I've heard good things about Pokemon Ranger but never played it
>>
>>24862540
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are too boring, the story is better than main games, but the gameplay is awful.
>>
>>24863982
Translated: I fucking suck at Dungeon crawling and strategy, therefore I find it bad.
>>
The ranger games are decent but occasionally frustrating, same with the mystery dungeon games. Rumble is neat but a bit grindy at times, and Dash is so terrible its good, and actually not that horrible mechanically.

Also all the ones like shuffle and picross should be worth a laugh or two, even if they arent your thing.
>>
>>24863993
>leaving out the best one of all
>>
>>24864011
What, conquest? I am notoriously bad at tactics games, so I am not qualified to actually comment on it. Feel free to give an endorsement.
>>
File: 2167720-pokemonconquest7.jpg (148 KB, 1280x961) Image search: [Google]
2167720-pokemonconquest7.jpg
148 KB, 1280x961
>>24863993
>>
The Mystery Dungeon games are fantastic IMO. Best stories of the series, best music, and pretty good roguelike dungeon crawling. Don't look them up, spoilers are a big deal for this series.

Conquest was fun, and had some good music, but the main campaign is too short. There is a ton of postgame, but it mostly involves doing the same fights over again as different warlords.

Ranger was fun, Guardian Signs was probably the most polished, but Shadows was the most solid game overall. (I'm a bit biased towards Guardian Signs because I love Pichu.)
>>
>>24864345
Not OP but what good mystery dungeon for the DS (not 3DS) can you recommend?
>>
>>24864368
Explorers of Sky is usually seen as the best of the PMD series, but there's no harm on playing one of the first ones: Blue/Red Rescue Team.
>>
>>24864368
Sky, Blue, or both. They're both good games. Sky is a lot more polished and has superior character development and balance, but I really like the friend areas mechanic from blue. They're both not bad games in the least, however.
>>
>>24864368
Gates annoyed some PMD fans for omitting some small things that a newcomer wouldn't notice... That said, it has a great story (Better than Super), fantastic music, and is overall quite a solid game. So I'd say that.
>>
Snap and Conquest

Most of everything else is shit
>>
>>24865135
This is objective fact. Mystery Dungeon is also alright.

Conquest, though, I can't recommend enough. Best spin-off by a mile.
>>
>>24865110
>Gates had a great story
lol
>>
Most people disagree with me but I loved Rangers: Shadows of Almia. Such a good storyline. Yes I know the gameplay is just drawing circles but it's pretty fun
>>
Get dolphin and play Colosseum and the sequel
>>
>>24862540
Shuffle
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.