[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So ice type sucks so much it can send someone with Kyurem-B stats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 646_f3.png (137 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
646_f3.png
137 KB, 475x475
So ice type sucks so much it can send someone with Kyurem-B stats to OU and regular Kyurem to the depths of UU

Why hasn't GF fixed it after so many gens? I get that bug is supposed to be the joke type and that's why it sucks donkey balls but why do they hate ice?
>>
Reminder that Kyurem-W is still Uber.

It's the movepool, ya dingus.
>>
File: 646Kyurem-White.png (701 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
646Kyurem-White.png
701 KB, 1280x1280
>>24860166
BST isn't everything.
>>
It's more the Pokemon themselves than the actual type. For some reason Gamefreak keeps insisting on slow, semi-bulky Ice types despite them being obviously unsuited for a Defensive role.

Weavile isn't anything amazing, but it's still a solid OU Pokemon because its BST is distributed with an ounce of sense, there's no need for a massive overhaul of the type despite /vp/ wanting it to resist fucking everything.
>>
>>24860166
Kyurem-B should be Ubers desu. It's so annoying to switch into. There are only 7 Pokemon with reliable recovery that can switch into any common version of it.

Mega Scizor
Mega Slowbro
Avalugg
Cresselia
Mew
Porygon2
Umbreon

There are other things like Mega Sableye and Mega Audino with a chance of not getting 2HKO'd, but I didn't include them because relying on low rolls isn't reliable.
>>
>>24860284
Its also slow as piss by offensive mon standards and is extremely easy to wear down due its weakness to rocks and vulnerability to spikes combined with LO recoil. Its also fucked by every status super hard.

Next.
>>
>>24860171
So he gets icicle crash and has to pack his things to ubers?
>>
>>24860166
Ice is an offensive type. Kyurem-B just doesn't have the moves to make use of its offenses in Ubers.
>>
>>24860246

It's the worst typing defensively, it needs a buff.
People crap on Normal but it has only 1 immunity and 1 weakness.
People crap on Poison but it has 5 resistances + immunity to Toxic.
Meanwhile Ice only has 1 resistance and that's to itself. 4 weaknesses. Weak to every entry hazard. Only immune to Frozen which has the least chance of occuring and immunity to Hail which is the only weather condition that doesn't boost attacks or stats and only a marginal amount of abilities can make use of it.

It NEEDS a buff. 2 Resistances at least to bring it on par with other types. Ideally one weakness removed and maybe an attack with increased chance to Freeze (ideally not available to all water types as most ice-moves at the moment) and abilities that benefit from Hail.
>>
>>24860388
Or ice shard.
>>
>>24860353
Everything you said can be applied to Kyurem-W as well and pre-Mega Rayquaza (bar Spikes) yet they're confined to Ubers.

>>24860418
I beg to differ. It has something for nearly every Pokemon in Ubers, thanks to its coverage. Bolt-Beam with backup in Earth Power, Outrage, Draco, Iron Head, and HP Fire lets it plow through most things.

>>24860434
I agree with you Ice needs a buff, and 2 seems like a good number. Flying comes across as a necessary and obvious resist considering the state of the game, and the sensibility of Ice resisting Flying.
>>
>>24860434
>2 resists
Flying and Ground
>Attack with increased Freeze chance
Make Freeze-Dry that one, and more Ice Pokémon to get it
>New abilities to benefit hail
Make a Sand Force Clone and cut the speed of every non-Ice Type non-SandForceClone user by 1/3. 1/2 is just too punishing.
>>
>>24860473
It may be too punishing but most ice types already are slow as fuck and you would be forced to run abomasnow

Everything that isn't ice on your team also get slowed down
>>
>>24860434
Resist fairy, flying and/or ghost, I think.
>>
>>24860473

Yeah I'd agree with Ground and Flying. I'd personally remove its Fighting weakness.
I don't like penalising stats of Pokémon under weather, that never happens for the other 3. I'd give it a blanket 25% boost in both its defenses. Or maybe a leftover effect for Ice types (which'd complement the bulk GameFreak pretends its ice-types are). I was initially in favour of raising evasion under Hail but anything evasion is a fucking shitstorm when you talk to competitive battlers.
>>
>>24860166
I think Ice doesn't need a defensive buff because it has been a garbage defensive typing since day one. I'd rather they take the Dragon approach and just make more offensively competent Ice types and Ice attacks. If they do have a defensive buff for Ice, that Ground resist people suggest here often would go a very long way.
>>
>>24860284
>avalugg
>mew
Nigga...

Most kyurem-b sets can be easily crippled or forced out anyway
>>
>>24860166
Ice types are always treated as defensive fighters when they are utter shit for that

either they re-balence ice to make it defensive or they try to balance them to be better attackers.

Bugs are the sort of "early/gimmick" pokemon usually but desu they are under-utilized as well
my favorite desu is Ninjask because that speed is everything bugs should be about.
>>
>>24860845
A Ground resist seems kind of pointless considering Rock/Ground coverage is so commonly seen together (e.g. Excadrill, Lando-T, Hippowdon), and Rock is the actual typing hitting it for super effective damage. So I don't think it would change much.

I think the most effective changes to make would be resistances to Flying (I think everyone's on board with this), Fairy, and making Fighting hit neutrally. This rejuvenates the myriad older Water/Ice types like Dewgong and Walrein as means of walling powerful Fairies like Azu (Superpower) and Mega Gardevoir (Focus Blast) and allowing them to serve as Bird answers.
>>
>>24861626
On second thought, the Fighting neutrality would mean Regice doesn't fit among the Regis as having a Fighting weakness, so that might stir some trouble. But maybe Game Freak would look it over like how they looked over Mega Alakazam's non-100 BST boost.
>>
File: 1450508816184.gif (372 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
1450508816184.gif
372 KB, 499x281
Ice resists flying.
Ice resists ground.

THAT'S ALL YOU NEED.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.