[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokémon anime is for kids?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10
File: Love-1.jpg (118 KB, 611x1157) Image search: [Google]
Love-1.jpg
118 KB, 611x1157
SonicSatAM was a kid show but still had kissing between The characters. Why isn't Pokémon Anime like this?
>>
>>24859019

Keep your autism contained to your general. Thank you.
>>
>>24859019
Different times. Society opinions changing and wanting stuff to change too because muh kids innocence.
>>
Kissing is treated as much more serious in Japanese culture.
>>
>>24859019
Because Pokemon isn't about romance
>>
>>24859061
It needs it doe.
>>
File: 1418628052633.jpg (26 KB, 468x260) Image search: [Google]
1418628052633.jpg
26 KB, 468x260
>>24859019
Ash has received kisses before, like Latias. Also you're a faggot for caring about the relationship of a pair of underage two-dimensional characters on a show with zero character development. And for watching it at all.
>>
>>24859043
Nah. That's not why.
>>
>>24859070
That's a Pokémon.
I meant Human.
BTW, I'm no fruit cake.
>>
>>24859069
Says who?
>>
>>24859074
Except that's exactly why.
>>
>>24859087
Me and several others.
>>
>>24859088
Not True. The Writters Had no interest in making love between The characters.
>>
>>24859019
SatAM is shit. I still don't understand how people treat that thing like a masterpiece.
>>
>>24859093
Is the source your ass?
>>
>>24859141
Someone seems piss off?
Oh wait, It's just You.
>>
>>24859134
At least, It had love.
>>
>>24859155
>someone doesn't agrees with me
>haha! he's pissed off!
>so mad!
Of course, fäm. : ^ )
>>
Why is serena crying in the second pic?
>>
File: 1424153596467.jpg (45 KB, 345x345) Image search: [Google]
1424153596467.jpg
45 KB, 345x345
>>24859134
Me neither. I know a guy who honest to god hates every single game Amy appears in (not that Amy is a good character) for the sole reason of "Amy isn't Sally." I think it's just furries who are super obsessed with their waifus, which is why every fan of the Sonic comics vehementaly defends including the SatAM OCs even though we have more than enough characters from the games to suffice for its roster.
>>
>>24859195
Because, Ash Ketchum have no interest in Her and going to leave Her and Move on to the Next Region.
>>
>>24859197
Sally is actually from the games, though
>>
>>24859210
Why do you write like shit?
>>
>>24859211
What game? Don't say Sonic CD.
>>
>>24859213
I don't know. I don't care.
I'm only here to talk about Pokémon Characters.
>>
>>24859215
Google it.
>>
File: sally acorn.gif (363 B, 24x16) Image search: [Google]
sally acorn.gif
363 B, 24x16
>>24859215
Tons. First appearance was in Sonic 1.
>>
File: M17_Riot_Merilyn_kiss.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
M17_Riot_Merilyn_kiss.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>24859019
There have been kisses in Pokémon before.
>>
>>24859211
The "Sally" was just one of the tiny animals that you fred from the Badniks. Like >>24859238 stated.

But it wasn't a character designed for the game at all, just to make those critters an identity.

Fleetway take that almost literally since their Sally Acorn is one of those critters slighty more stilized. DiC (And subsequently, Archie) threw that off the window drawing a tiny woman with fur instead of clothes and put her a somewhat animal face. SatAm Sally design doesn't mix with the Sonic designs at all. Also fuck Penders and the slap

The only game that really featured Sally Acorn was Sonic Spinball, she appeared in the Bonus Games.
>>
>>24859260
>But it wasn't a character designed for the game at all, just to make those critters an identity

Well yeah, but the squirrel character was named Sally Acorn by Sega of America and both DiC/Archie ad Fletway used it as a character by that, both of them redesigning it somewhat (and both altering that redesign over the years).
>>
>>24859292
Yep. This said, SoJ didn't give a shit about the critters. They just... exist.

Remember, Eggman was the name of the ol' doc since the begining, SoA and people in charge about marketing and localization thought that "Eggman" wasn't threatening and something about some copyrights about a song, I don't remember clearly.

And to this day, there are still idiots that claim that "Eggman is dumb, bring back Robotnik, SatAm forever!". I don't know if they even played something back then or are just obsessed with Sally. And I mean... C'mon, it's over 20 years already, get over it.

Somehow is a very similar situation with the Mistyfags
>>
>>24859324
Isn't Eggman's grandfather officially named Robotnik in SA2? It seems like they hit a compromise for that specific issue.
>>
>>24859242
Fake. I mean between The main characters.
>>
>>24859390
He is, but I think it was more Sega of Japan doing a shoutout to the English localization than some kind of attempt at compromise.
Remember these were the first games that also established that the games take place on Earth, which the English localizations had denied the fuck out of up to that point.
>>
>>24859390
Yeah, since they were trying to unite the disparraged fanbases. It didn't work, since none of the American characters made it to the game.
Anyway, in SA1 He was "Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik", Sonic uses that nickname to mock him, but people still feared it.

In SA2 they pull off Gerald and Maria, just to give some use to the familiar name, make a background for Shadow and for the game itself.
Now is just Eggman again, because Iizuka is a hack and can't into continuity. Fuck that guy. Naka was an asshole and some of his ideas were off (Shadow and 06, 06 is an unfinished mess because Naka took his people out), but at least he cared about continuity, Iizuka is just a plain imbecile.
>>
>>24859435
>Anyway, in SA1 He was "Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik", Sonic uses that nickname to mock him, but people still feared it.

Playing SA1 with Japanese audio and English subtitles is hilarious, since the subtitles are just the dub script, which often varies wildly from what's actually being said.
>>
I want ESLs to fuck off back where they came from.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 273x391) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 273x391
>>24859084
I think you are.
>>
>>24859195
She found out she's pregnant and the father is Goodra
>>
>>24859468
Fucking coward
>>
>>24859019
That was at the end of that season of Sonic.

Wait until the end of Kalos before complaining, kiddo.
>>
>>24859061

Except when it's about Meowth falling in love with some whore Pokemon.
>>
>>24859487
Dont make me post it.
>>
>>24859100
They had no interest. Now they do.
>>
>>24859694
Fanon.
>>
>>24859756
Yes, that's what you're posting, fanon.
>>
Who the fuck cares about romance in an anime (especially one as shallow as pokemon, where 90% of the focus is meant to be on the battles themselves.)

If you want romance, go look for it somewhere else. It's bad enough they pandered to autistic pricks with Misty's love song, but really, the anime has never had roon for actual romance or any characters with more than 2 dimensions because it isn't a show about the actual people - they are just a prop that gets in the way far too often.

Seriously, take the pokemon themselves out of the show and you have a show about a kid travelling from place to place, making the same mistakes over and over, learning pretty much nothing and travelling with bigger losers than he is.

(For the record, I don't mind the show, but it is very shallow writing, and it really doesn't lend itself to romance.)
>>
>>24859846
>It's bad enough they pandered to autistic pricks with Misty's love song
This was a 4kids thing. In fact a lot of it was.
>>
>>24859868
It doesn't matter if it was 4kids or direct from Japan, the fact it exists gave legitimacy to the people claiming Misty gave 2 shits about Ash romantically.

She liked him, but the writing clearly wasn't romantic attraction - she stuck around for basically the same reasons as Brock.
>>
>>24859508
I haven't seen it for so long that I believe probably even mods wouldn't know what's happening until it's too late.
>>
>>24859892
That's what I'm saying though.

It was made up by 4kids so it isn't exactly legit.
>>
File: just_friends.png (1 MB, 1200x1116) Image search: [Google]
just_friends.png
1 MB, 1200x1116
>>24859019
Same reason why Steven Universe can have confirmed lesbian main characters when, say, MLP just has the occasional suggestive gesture.
Different studio, different network, different policies. Just because it's legal doesn't mean they HAVE to do it.
>>
>>24859939
>they're still pretending Lyra x Bonbon isn't canon
>>
>>24859892
It's just semi-authorized fanfiction created by a localization company without the show's writers even being aware of it, which kind of matters.
>>
>>24859952
My point, in case I haven't been clear, is that the Japan version didn't have that BS, and the only reason there is any reason people have hope for romance now is because of the shit 4kids pulled. Since the meatheads outside Japan generally only pay attention to the dub, that Misty confession crap is the sole reason there is any hope for romance now, because 4kids set a precedent - one that doesn't actually exist in reality since Japan didn't sign off on it.

So as I said, it doesn't really matter much which dumbasses created it, it's very existence is the cause of this whole situation, and the meatheads will be all butthurt and whining about their failed ship when she leaves and nothing happens.
>>
>>24859508
Fuck off. You are not the tailsfag in that case. And if you are, either way, fuck off.
>>
>>24859990
>the only reason there is any reason people have hope for romance now is because of the shit 4kids pulled
The hell are you talking about? Everyone knows the dub made that shit up.
>>
>>24860000
I think he means the whole Ash and Misty ordeal.
>>
>>24859939
>Lesbians of Korra

Still fucking mad they shoehorned that shit in at the last second. I mean the backlash from shippers was fun, like a Naruto 2.0-lite, but it hurt my opinion of the show, they really could've gone without it.
>>
>>24860013
Yes. The only people in the dark about how that was made up by the dub are people that stopped watching ages ago.
>>
>>24860000
A lot fewer people realise that than you think.
>>
>>24860024
>Still fucking mad they shoehorned that shit in at the last second.
To be honest, that's the only complaint I have as well.

Even Alphys and Undyne had some setup.
>>
>>24860032
Only if you include people that haven't watched the show for ages.
>>
>>24860060
I know several people that have casually watched Pokemon since the start, they never cared enough to check anything not related to the dub.

You underestimate peoples laziness and stupidity.
>>
>>24860094
>some random dubfags are uninformed faggots
Not quite sure what that has to do with anything. Go bitch about it on leddit or wherever these people hang out.
>>
>>24860140
Ffs, thats pretty much my whole point - those dubfags are basically the same ones that ship Ashx(insert female anime character here) and complain when reality hits.
>>
>>24860094
No one cares that some random shitter in your class watches the dub. Call him a retard if it bothers you that much.
>>
>>24860140
Not him, but I've noticed it a lot in /a/ and /v/.
>>
>>24860149
Where the hell are you looking. No one watches the dub here outside those annual movie livestreams and those spergs that constantly bitch about how this or that irrelevant dub actor is secretly a nazi or whatever.
And even those latter people seems to have disappeared for elsewhere nowadays after realizing nobody cares.
>>
>>24860153
And what those people have in common is that they haven't watched the anime for ages.
>>
>>24859939
>Fuck. You. All!

Well, fuck you.
>>
>>24860152
I haven't been in a classroom for years. And I'd rather not offend friends over minor B/S - I don't have to listen to their whining much. I was simply using them as a reference - there are plenty of people out there that have only ever cared about the dub.
>>
>>24860239
You're still making the mistake of assuming anyone but you cares how uninformed some random fags you know are.
>>
>>24860248
This whole thread is about that - uninformed dubfags crying over no romance in the anime.
>>
>>24860281
Then focus on them, not some irrelevant fuck you know who's only uninformed because he'd be offended if you tried correcting him. You're just acting like Scott now.
>waah, some idiot somewhere else is being wrong
>>
As far as the original Japanese version goes, they seem to be pushing for Amour somewhat, definitely more than the hints that were dropped for previous ships. Even moreso in the dub, but I digress.
>>
>>24860296
Thats what I started off doing before people started saying dubfags were only people who stopped watching.

But I am sick of this - I made my point about this BS being because the dub was different, no need to continue.
>>
>>24859939
>Jim Miller
NO
>>
>>24860314
I meant people here, not your easily offended friends, you dildo.
>>
File: 1385489473549.png (380 KB, 531x300) Image search: [Google]
1385489473549.png
380 KB, 531x300
>>24860309
That's a bit of an understatement if they seem to be doing this.

As for the dub, I heard the French one really laid it down at one part.
>>
>>24859392
would ruin the series faggot. now stfu and go back to reddit and ugly fan shit deviant art.
>>
>>24860798
I don't see how it'd ruin as long as it isn't a constant thing.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.