[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Why does everyone like the Pokemon Anime? Seriously, half
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 220x342) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 220x342
ITT: Why does everyone like the Pokemon Anime? Seriously, half of it is filler, animation is kind of good at best, and the plot is boring/predictable. IMHO it's just meant to sell Pokemon products. Still, why do you guys like it (honest answers pls.)
>>
Idk why, I just do.
>>
>>24858206
>not wanting to know if in the new episode red leaves the region without the seasonal filler girl or if team rocket will successfully complete their daily mission
>>
>>24858206
I only watched BW for Iris

>everyone
Make the bait less obvious
>>
>>24858206
>everyone

don't confuse me with the ashnime fanboys.
>>
>>24858206
Just because it's fun to watch how the region is developed into the anime, since some stuff deviates from the games.

Also, it's pokemon. A fucking fantasy world with creatures that can breath fire, create earthquakes and still have a civilized society. And I love fantasy themes.
>>
It's fun______________________________________________________________________________________________________
>>
File: 1448101982728.jpg (52 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1448101982728.jpg
52 KB, 500x376
>>24858206

Some of its plot comes from the games so I think it's interesting to see an "adaptation" of it in the anime.

Also so I can see my waifus
>>
File: 1449507018876.png (96 KB, 300x340) Image search: [Google]
1449507018876.png
96 KB, 300x340
>>24858206

>pokemon anime
>filler

I know you're probably baiting to piss of ashimefags but you're sounding retarded doing it.

Anime filler is something added to focus on for a period of time and prevents it from catching up to close to the current point of the original source. There isn't a manga the show is based on animating and the anime isn't following anything in the mainline games except for the 8 badge formula, villain team involvement In region, legendary pokemon involvement, and some other minor plots. It's more of a show made into the idea to explore the world of pokemon itself. That was made clear since the beginning and criticizing or complaining about stuff like that now just makes you somebody picking at low hanging fruit.
>>
>>24858459
It's filler because it's the same boring formulaic COTW shit nearly every week that adds nothing to the plot or the characters.
>>
The anime is rubbish. I just like seeing the Pokemon run around animated.
>>
>>24858206
>the plot is boring/predictable
It's not as if the games give it much to work with. On that matter, XY has been improving the plot and characters a hundredfold compared to the games, for instance by actually tying parts of the Delta Episode to Team Flare. Not to mention all the current mystery stuff occurring with Zygarde and Ash Greninja.
>>
>>24858339
Correction. "Science Fantasy"
>>
>>24858970
Thanks famiglia.
>>
File: 3d-hydrogen-blue-geometric-low.jpg (260 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
3d-hydrogen-blue-geometric-low.jpg
260 KB, 500x457
>>24858311
Good taste
>>
>>24858206
I'm a filthy capitalist and I love to encourage anything that's involved with the desperate pursuit of the almighty dollar.

It's an easy watch. Sometimes I just want something cute. Plus it has a bit more world building going on. It's technically a bit of a slice of life since battling is treated more like a career in the anime. I just wanna see how everyone's doing.
>>
File: 1448697493999.png (128 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448697493999.png
128 KB, 500x500
>>24858206

I only started watching it recently, just took on from XY&Z directly because there are some interesting informations about Zygarde. It's really not great, but it's cute as an anon before me said, and nice to watch when I'm bored/gotta eat relatively quickly.
I'd say it's not good, it's just comfy.
>>
>>24858206
Because it's basically a ground-level documentary of an average Trainer going about their journey through the league. Ash isn't treated as some destined shounen hero who only ever loses so he can win later, he works for his wins and he doesn't always get them, and when he does lose it's not the end of the world because it's a sport, not life-and-death.

This is one of the many reasons the show is better than the comics.
>>
>>24858480

That still is not point, like the anon said, filler episodes are also used to explore the world of Pokemon itself.
>>
>>24859749
by adding in shitty bland COTWs and a bunch of filler town's that aren't in the games? Riiiiiight.
>>
>>24859755
>filler towns that aren't in the games
It's better to see them than to assume an entire region is made up of ten or so towns.
>>
>>24858459
It's filler because it gives Gamefreak the time to make a new game for the anime to adapt. So it 'fills' up time for Gamefreak.
>>
>>24860218
>It's better to see them

when they accomplish nothing but stall for time until something actually important happens? not really
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.