[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smogon bias
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Sylveon.png (54 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Sylveon.png
54 KB, 250x250
Did you know that Smogon adds secret code to pokemon they like (mainly fairy types) so that all battles are secretly in their favour?

I mean, just look at this fucking biased match:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-307254080

>Sylveon has SIXTY FIVE base Defense.
>The Feraligatr had 252 EVs in its Attack stat (although it was a Jolly nature) which means that to start with is 309.
>Now times that by 2.5 (which is what he danced up to in the replay) - 309 x 2.5 = 772.5
>Sylveon was hit with Waterfall - an 80 BP move. But due to STAB - 80 + 50% = 120 actual power

Normally you'd think that his entire team would be fucked (since Waterfall hits everything super-effectively and Ice Punch for Togekiss and Gliscor), but this is Smogon and Smogon hates edginess and loves fairies.

Fuck fairies.
Fuck the metagame.
Fuck Smogon.
>>
>>24857605
>Didn't do any actual damage calcs
I hate Smogon too but you're a fucking retard.
>>
You sound upset about something.
>>
>>24857605
2/10 bait.
>>
>+3 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 446-526 (113.1 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You fucked up the EVs somewhere. Or the Ability/Item.
>>
>>24857647
>not running Lum Berry to gain momentum on statusfags
>>
>>24857605
>using Torrent instead of Sheer Force
>Smogon a shit!

+3 252 Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 343-406 (87 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
>>
>>24857684
It did have Sheer Force, forgot to mention.
>>
>>24857684
>>24857605

This you fucking idiot OP.

>fucks up ability
>must be le smogon conspiracy

God what a shitter.
>>
Your team was garbage, Smog did you a favour
>>
>>24857709
+3 252 Atk Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 343-405 (87 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
>>
File: image.png (11 KB, 336x411) Image search: [Google]
image.png
11 KB, 336x411
>>24857605
>Now times that by
>>
>>24857664
Well Jesus no wonder you shat the bed then.
>>
>>24857605
Really? I laways thought their bias was that they have an idea of what they want the tiers to look like and ban stuff until it works that way. I'm pretty sure they really REALLY want Ferrothorn/Heatran cores and Scizor to be the best stuff around.
>>
>>24857788
How would that work with a usage-based tiering system? "Oh yeah, Weavile has risen quite a lot in usage and is a rather good Pokemon. But I don't want it to be in OU, so it will stay UU/BL forever".
That's not how it works. Instead it became a solid OU choice, 'cause it'S a good offensive Mon that can revenge kill and sweep if it gets the chance, and occasionally it can also pursuit trap. It had this niche before, but back then the metagame was different, and it had a much harder time doing said things. But now it's better at it's job, so it gets used more often and came to OU. That's it.
>>
I sexually identify as a Calm Mind Kyogre. Ever since I was a boy, I dreamed of soaring through Ubers and dropping hot, scalding burns on disgusting Ferrothorns. People say to me that a person being a Kyogre is impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care. I'm beautiful.

I'm having a plastic surgeon install long tailfins, glowing patterns, and giant fins on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Crogre" and respect my right to burn opposing Pokemon and sweep needlessly.

If you can't accept me you're a Primal Groudon and need to check your sun privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
>>
>This is the type of person that shitposts about competitive play
I'm going to cap your post and make it my wallpaper, just so I remember who I'm dealing with every day. Thank you.
>>
>>24857980
Gender Identity \= Sexual Preference
>>
File: Crogre.png (2 MB, 900x1197) Image search: [Google]
Crogre.png
2 MB, 900x1197
>>24858007
Please go meanie poopyhead Groudon.
=[
>>
>>24857948

I remember when Weavile was first released, everyone was using it. Then, its usage fell off the boat. It's good to see its usage coming back up since it really is a great Pokémon if used on a proper team.
>>
>>24858001
Post proofs
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.