[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Oshawott got the coolest and most clever final
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: watersamurai.jpg (501 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
watersamurai.jpg
501 KB, 900x1200
Reminder that Oshawott got the coolest and most clever final evolution of all starters. Which comes with a genius progression aesthetically(using seashells like blades and armory into actual shell blades and armor) and conceptually(japanese farmer/fisherman into japanese warlord/shogun).

If you fail to comprehend this and see Samurott as a negative influence of the evolution line, you objectively have absolute shit taste in designs.
>>
File: nice meme.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
nice meme.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>24857339
>>
File: 3vj1bq.jpg (44 KB, 400x390) Image search: [Google]
3vj1bq.jpg
44 KB, 400x390
>>
>>24857339
It isn't the theme behind him we hate. It's the fact that he's a quadruped mammal expected to fight with fucking swords. His legs are short and non-muscular, and the swords are bigger than the sheathes. He also doesn't even fucking have thumbs to hold them properly.

If designed bipedal with more fitting arms, he would have been great. GF made it shit.

Also that helmet looks way too heavy.
>>
File: 1450028441454.gif (89 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450028441454.gif
89 KB, 600x450
>>24857339
>>
File: 1450476781061.jpg (67 KB, 626x470) Image search: [Google]
1450476781061.jpg
67 KB, 626x470
>Q U A D R U P E D A L
>S W O R D S M A N

Also, Samurott is NOT indicative of a shogun because he's just a single quadruped creature. Shogun's were horse mounted warriors.
>>
Am I the only one who thought of Dewott and Oshawott as fishermen or sailors, not swordsmen ? And who never thought Samurott had swords in BW, but that he just slashed at things with his helmet's horn/blade thing ?
>>
>>24857386
Nah, Samurott is a sea lion with characteristics of Shogun, independent if a shogun needs to mount a horse or not, the fact that it is different from the source not means that it is NOT based in a shogun/samurai.

The shell armor pattern and the name itself are good enough indicatives.
>>
File: conk is pissed.jpg (31 KB, 166x166) Image search: [Google]
conk is pissed.jpg
31 KB, 166x166
>>24857386
so this is where this image came from
>>
>>24857401
Samurott's name is indicative of him being a SAMURAI of a nonspecific rank, not specifically a horse mounted shogun.

Also, it absolutely is important to how it's concept functions. Samurott has a quadrupedal body like a stead but wields its swords in its own two hands. It's clearly meant to be the samurai itself, but inexplicably has features of a warmount that only work against the concept. It's big huge helmet makes the whole design imbalanced, its quadruped anatomy is inherently incompatible with swordsmanship. Also, it's arms are too short to draw its swords and its swords are too big to fit into their scabbards.
>>
>>24857339

It isn't the shells that bother me, its just that it goes panda>panda>wtf

I'd never guess that it was the final form, it doesn't flow organically. I'd believe spinda>Ursaring before this
>>
>>24857668
>panda

Huh?
>>
I thought Samurott was based off of the blue oni of Japanese folklore.
>>
>>24857677

Oshawott/Dewott don't look like panda faces to you?
>>
>>24857687

No, not even a little. They're otters.
>>
>>24857348
>>24857401
>these same two people going "QUADRUPED INCOMPATIBLE WITH SWORDSMANSHIP" and "NUH-UH IT'S A SHOGUN" again
How many threads have we had this SAME argument in?
>>
>>24857419
what about daikenki
>>
>>24857339
>Dumbass oblong helmet that make Samushit look like the retarded king of the unicorns
>Giraffe neck
>"Armor" plates on arms and legs but not on chest
>Awful looking mustache and beard
>Good
No
>>
Something you need to understand is that a design can be smart and follow a good concept and still just be bad and a shit looking design
>>
>>24857668
I'd believe it, it's got the shells and the gradually darkening color scheme
>>
>>24857339
That stands on four legs instead of two making it 10x worse than it should.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.