[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the hardest boss in any Pokemon game? Who is the boss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 16
File: VsTrainer113.png (3 KB, 256x128) Image search: [Google]
VsTrainer113.png
3 KB, 256x128
Who is the hardest boss in any Pokemon game? Who is the boss that have you the most trouble?
>>
>>24856623
None.
Cyrus and Ghetsis.
>>
>>24856629
I can see ghetsis giving any blind player trouble, but Cyrus?
>>
>>24856623
Nita
>>
>>24856674
not that anon but cyrus has an surprisingly balanced team despite most of them being dark types aswell as an uneven level gap and even having his final fight in platinum where you cannot exactly grind before the fight
my 2 cent atleast
>>
First thing I thought of when I saw your post was these RPing faggots.

https://m.youtube.com/user/SilverLeagueNetworks
>>
Ghetsis
Cynthia as well but that was few years back when I played DP, not sure if she'd still be hard for me now
>>
File: shhh.png (8 KB, 170x77) Image search: [Google]
shhh.png
8 KB, 170x77
>>24856623
You even have to ask?
>>
Difficulty in Pokemon is a bit odd, since most bosses lose their difficulty if you know what to expect. That said, I'd have to say Cynthia because she has a pretty solid team, and iirc, all of her pokemon have 30 ivs.

As for me, I had the hardest time with Ghetsis in BW. That fucking hydreigon swept me twice.
>>
>>24856623
if you count gym leaders as bosses then whitney on my first ever play of gold.
>>
>>24857126
Underrated

>>24857090
The fight is just Electric and Fighting spam: the battle. I guess going in blind would be painful, but it's still not really that tough, Gyarados is the only somewhat big problem
>>
>>24856623
There's Sox of them: The six non-stop battles at the end of Colosseum
>>
File: 1431306539579.png (54 KB, 219x301) Image search: [Google]
1431306539579.png
54 KB, 219x301
>>24856623
I'd say GSC Red, just because of the huge level gap between him and Blue. ORAS Wally has a better final team but you have to work your way up fighting him gradually like Barry so you'll be better leveled for it. He gave me a super hard time as a kid.

Unrelated to the thread but Red gave me the tensest moment ever playing Pokémon

>play with just an overleveled starter as a kid
>trying Red for the 40th time
>Venusaur takes out my Feraligatr with like 5 HP left
>no revives left because no money and didn't grind the E4
>send out level 2 Pidgey
>battery about to die
>Venusaur keeps using nothing but Solarbeam
>spam Fly
>somehow kill it
>skyrocket to level 20 before obviously getting KO'd by the next Pokémon
>finish saving literally a few seconds before the battery dies
>>
File: 140px-Mysterial.png (57 KB, 140x274) Image search: [Google]
140px-Mysterial.png
57 KB, 140x274
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mysterial

That son of a bitch
>>
Ghetsis in BW and that final boss in Pokemon Colosseum
>>
Shuffle stages
>>
Brock in RB if you choose Charmander. Yes, in retrospect there are easy ways to deal with him, but nothing you would be expected to figure out that early in the game. Your only real options are to power level or chip away at the thing's health.
>>
>>24858481
>not being able to beat brock with charmander
pleb

try fighting brock with fucking pikachu in yellow

>>24856623
who is pic related?
>>
>>24858584
At least Yellow added a few new options to deal with him. In Red and Blue, your choices were overleveling either Butterfree or Nidoran.
>>
Greevil is easily the most retarded. Shadow pokemon are way too strong.
>>
Evice
Never expected skill swap Slaking
>>
File: 1402337582592.gif (66 KB, 481x291) Image search: [Google]
1402337582592.gif
66 KB, 481x291
>>24856623
MONSTER HOUSE
>>
File: tumblr_inline_miqx2ejjRF1qe2q6i.png (311 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_miqx2ejjRF1qe2q6i.png
311 KB, 500x386
>>24856623
> Got to Ghetsis in White, playing blind
> Easily beat most of his team
> He sends out lvl 54 Hydreigon
> It takes me 5 or 6 times to beat the darn thing.
> Otherwise easy battle
> Hydreigon and only hydreigon swept my entire team
> mfw
>>
>>24858584
>who is pic related?
angie from pokemon rejuvenation, that fangame

also probably the most difficult boss in any pokemon game, at least of the stuff I've played
>>
Ghetsis' Hydreigon raped me
>>
I would say Ghetsis was the hardest in BW1. His Hydreigon outspeed everything I had and it has a supereffective move for all of my Pokemon. He was much easier in BW2, but I think that's because I got that Volcarona and had overlevelled it.
>>
>>24856623
Ghetsis in BW1.
Fucking Hydreigon.
>>
Ghetsis and Cynthia in BW1. The level jump is ridiculous. Hydreigon I probably beat my first time by just spamming revives until it ran out of PP or something, and Garchomp I only beat by SRing until I got lucky with hax for it to miss Dragon Rush.
>>
ghetsis' hydreigon was fucking brutal, it had a moveset that covered nearly every type and still had a STAB dragon pulse for the ones it didn't

apart from him, though, cynthia
>>
File: Untitled.png (97 KB, 651x828) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
97 KB, 651x828
Koga, Sabrina and Blaine in Yellow got massively buffed, to the point of being 15-20 levels above their minions.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 352x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 352x370
Cynthia
>Fight her for the first time
>She's down to one Pokemon and I'm down to my starter and another Pokemon
>She takes Torterra down
>Decide to use a revive on him while staraptor tanks a hit
>He goes down
>Do the same thing but with Torterra tanking a hit
>He goes down in one hit to
>Spend 5 minutes hoping she misses so I can revive them both
>Mfw I ran out of revives
>>
File: 1407616714993.jpg (128 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1407616714993.jpg
128 KB, 554x439
>>24858612
>have 1 party slot open
>snag shadow lugia
>proceed to snag or defeat greevil's pokemon as shadow lugia laughs at all attacks coming its way

just saying tBh senpai
>>
>>24857127

>Cynthia
>First mon has no offensive presence so you can safely boost to +6 and proceed to sweep her team
>>
>>24856623
That gym leader was a bitch to beat; worst part is you can't switch your team using the PC. I had a Pyroar in my party because fire beats ice but her field (as usual) makes fire completely irrelevant so it was basically useless except for Noble Roar. Her Mamoswine basically outsped and 1 shot my entire team so I had to play around it carefully.

Finally beat her but then I ran into another Aelita rematch and got slammed. Really annoying how every fight at this point requires a tailor made team to overcome. I'd say the water gym match was the hardest yet tho.
>>
>CTRL + F: Whitney
>0 results found

/vp/ is dead.
>>
>>24856623
Steven's Megagross almost decimated my whole team singlehandedly because my team had almost no resistance to steel and I ended up winning only because my M-Altaria knew Perish Song and his Metagross used Giga Impact
>>
>>24859300

>Machop available in the same town

Tell me again why Whitney was hard?
>>
>>24859300
>le rollout meme

Anyone who had trouble with Whitney doesn't deserve to breath.
>>
>>24859300

>be a 10 year old idiot
>lose literally dozens of times to Whitney
>ran out of money for healing items, so my only recourse was to grind her Clefairy over and over

>replayed Gold a year ago
>use Mud Slap so Miltank can't boost with Rollout and whittle her down with underleveled shitmons, winning on my first try

I don't think Whitney was ever that hard.
>>
The only reason I found Whitney hard was because in Gen II, Rollout was a new move and I didn't know Rollout was a rock-move on my first playthrough.
>>
>>24859311
Cause not everyone wants to pick up a Machop just to win a gym match. Most people would just be playing the game mindlessly, easily crushing every fight. Then they run into Whitney and very likely get slammed unless the RNG goes in their favour. Its not so much that Whitney is hard but that she is much stronger than anything else in the game up to that point.
>>
>>24859300
what the fuck are you talking about you fucking mongoloid: >>24857130

learn to use a fucking computer retard

>>24859306
>having trouble in or/as
kek

>>24859282
nigga you could just leave the church through the portal

besides, the only difficult part of the fight is the walrein and the mamoswine. past that they're all shitmons who get a slight buff.

if you can't handle it, playing casual is an option :^)
>>
File: 1449437577594.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1449437577594.png
35 KB, 625x626
>>24859383

Sorry cuntmunching faggot, did your panties get rolled up in a wad? I didn't see your post since I only look for posts with proper capitalization.

Go back to your containment board, nerd. :^)
>>
File: Overzealous Grammatician.jpg (46 KB, 298x412) Image search: [Google]
Overzealous Grammatician.jpg
46 KB, 298x412
>>24859420
>overzealous grammaticians
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: lordoftheunknown.jpg (8 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
lordoftheunknown.jpg
8 KB, 262x192
>>24859420
>implying i made that post
and besides, my friend, I did not have trouble beating a boss in a game intended for children :^)

if you seriously picked cyndaquil because le ashnimeme man used it you can make like a redditor and fuck the fuck off
>>
>>24856623
Ghetsis in BW1 playing blind. Didn't know what the fuck Eelektross was about till it used Flamethrower on my Excadrill. Took me three tries because of Hydreigon. Once again in White 2 blind play, where I was prepared for a special Hydra again.

Used LO max Frustration, KOed half my team with little effort. I was just fucking surprised at the moveset.
>>
>>24859503
>if you seriously picked cyndaquil because le ashnimeme man used it
Wasn't Ash's first Johto starter Totodile though?
>>
>>24859383
I exaggerated the Aelita part; I had weak pokemon I switched into my party to go train when I saw her and decided to talk to her anyway. I'll get back to Rej at some point; I'm just not looking forward to the inevitable grinding of Pokemon I don't want in my proper team.

The Mamoswine, Froslass and Glaceon were the most annoying cause they potentially had speed priority. Weavile as lead could be countered easily; Walrein and Aurorus were slow shit so not a big deal.

I haven't run into anything I couldn't beat yet; the game design is just frustrating and I'm quite glad no pokemon game is actually like this.
>>
>>24857118
>>24856629
>>24857127
>>24858385
>>24858683
>>24858937
>>24858972
>>24859086
>>24859105
>>24859111
>>24859513
I beat that Sazandora with my Mijumaru anons, come the fuck on.
>>
>>24859543
And a ching chong nip nong to you, young lady.

I had Carracosta sturdy tank it to struggle
>>
>>24859517
I will say this so that you know when you go back to rejuvenation, if you haven't gotten far enough: You eventually have to take on zetta and geara in a double battle with melia, and she decides to bring three pokemon. Have fun enduring a barrage of attacks from two pokemon for most of the battle and melia's shitty AI. That's the hardest battle of the new update, at least.

mamo was really the worst part of the battle because I think the only thing that could touch it was grass (which was suicide to bring out considering it had ice shard) but glaceon and froslass died in one hit as they're not exactly bulky. same goes for weavile and aurorus since they're doubly weak to fighting. walrein was a motherfucker though, no idea how you had no trouble with him.

it is frustrating and I would never like to see a main game made this way, but it is satisfying when you do beat this game at its bullshit.
>>
>>24856623
If we're talking only gym leaders/e4 then cynthia.

If we're talking anybody then definitely someone like Spencer or Brandon, especially if going at them for the first time
>>
File: fug.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>mfw nobody posted pic related
>>
>>24861257
Nah man. At least that's doable. Mewtwo in the first one was a fucking bastion, and the controls were too inaccurate to aim reliably.
>>
>>24861257
We allowed non main series games?

Then it's a toss up between Primal Dialga or Salamence from Pokemon Ranger.
>>
File: Pokémon.full.1814382.jpg (840 KB, 1280x814) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.1814382.jpg
840 KB, 1280x814
this fucker was hard as shit when i was 10
i ran around grinding in mt. silver for fucking ever trying to beat this shitlord and it even took me like 10 tries between grind sessions to get him down, the level gap was insane in gsc
>>
Crystal Lance was pretty intense for me.

Team was Poliwrath, Suicune, Nidoking and a really leveled Meganium compared to the other 3.

>mfw Suicune took too much previous damage and thunder connected on him
>Meganium moves were synthesis/dual screens/bodyslam
>Meganium basically bodyslammed to death half the pokemon of each E4+Lance
>Dragonite's fireblast missed just when lightscreen wasn't up
>>
>>24861415
And it wasn't much better (if at all) in HG/SS. My one complaint with the game.
>>
>>24861473
At least in hg/ss, you could do gym leader rematches and by blue you were roughly lv 60 ish. It would then be easy to beat red by lv 65 ish, though you'd still have to be prepared.

I mean, the thing about red is the level jump. If most of your mons are low 80s, he's not actually difficult. Someone like ghetsis, on the other hand, still can destroy you even if you're a few levels above his hydreigon
>>
>>24856623
Ghetsis fucked up my 'mons
>>
The Realgam Tower Gauntlet if that counts. If not, Evice / level 100 Mt. Battle trainers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZsOwo9rhsQ
>>
>>24861354
mewtwo wasnt that hard for me, maybe i got lucky but i remember i spent a good amount of time trying to beat this fucker
>>24861368
I never made it up to Primal Dialga ;_;
>>
>>24857090
Literally every pokemon on his team can get fucked by rock moves.
>>
>>24856623
Does Pokemon Ranger count?

Because Deoxys was a fucking asshole.
>>
>>24856674
>>24858150
Gyarados knows fucking Earthquake in Platinum.

Enjoy.
>>
I'm really confused how people are choosing any in-game characters you can grind past, compared to Battle Frontier nonsense you were always set to equal levels with.
>>
>>24858481
>brock

yeah, training flame lizard to lvl9 was really tedious
>>
>>24862692
because no one wastes time going out of their way to grind unless they're shit at the game
>>
>>24862692
Because 99% of players are just playing through the game with an appropriate amount of training and then they run into these fuckers.

>>24862696
I actually had to grind my Oshawott to LV 16 after starting over Black recently just so I wouldn't have to fucking get Pansear or catch Lilipup, which I don't want for this playthrough.
>>
the people who say whitney was easy are the true underage, back in the day there was no bulbapedia to check what type rollout is or guides on how to deal with it. plus rollout wasnt even the problem, it was atract and rollout was just used to sweep
>>
>>24862716
Why the hell does Attract work when used by a literal cow like Miltank in the first place? Just what do my bros think they're looking at?
>>
File: Evice.png (100 KB, 251x182) Image search: [Google]
Evice.png
100 KB, 251x182
Pretty fucking tough. That's mostly due to the fact that you can't get great Pokémon but still.
>>
>>24862618
>>24861368
I found everything in Ranger fairly difficult, but Flygon's speed was just ridiculous.
>>
Misty in Gen 1/3 and her Starmie - a very high-tier fully-evolved Pokemon with 60BP move at its disposal and a few more levels than anything else you can find in the area. You need to overlevel, use a lot of fodder Pokemon to lower its stats or pack a Grass type.
>>
BW1 Ghetsis
Evice
literally everything in the first Ranger game
Articuno in the first PMD if your team doesn't resist Powder snow
Wigglytuff& the guild in PMD2
>>
>>24862734
inb4 "ask your dad"

>>24863388
I remember picking bulbasaur solely because of that after my friend got stuck for days against her
>>
>>24862716
>to check what type rollout is
Nigga is you serious.
>>
>>24864014
Yes, you mong. There were only two Rock moves in Gen 1 so most people didn't know all the Rock type matchups. Also Rock is the last thing you'd expect from a cutesy-ass Normal type gym, and from a cow no less.

Not only that, but with all the hype of TWO NEW TYPES, you were never sure about the type of new moves. A dedicated kid could guess Rock from the animation and having it hit super effective on Pidgey and Cyndaquil, but that's giving kids a lot of credit.
>>
>>24864132
>not knowing all the matchups
you're the underaged
>>
>>24864132
It was difficult back then, dude. No one has trouble with it now
>>
File: out_20150322-042835.jpg (74 KB, 530x419) Image search: [Google]
out_20150322-042835.jpg
74 KB, 530x419
>>24856623
this one of course :^)
>>
HG/SS Lance.
>>
I remember Greevil being a hard fight, for a Pokemon game that is.

I really miss XD.......I rather prefer that kind of pacing in an RPG when the (single-player) battle system is fairly simple.
>>
Claire
Jasmine
Red

They are all from johto because the games were total shit that couldn't scale levels properly.
>>
>>24865682
>STILL forcing this absolutely epic meme
>>
>>24865584
I remember this fight legitimately being somewhat of a challenge in emerald.

holy shit, what a time
>>
>>24864259
You're a particularly dense one.

If you were a kid in 2000, you probably didn't have all the type matchups memorized. There weren't many resources available either. I'm saying a kid would have a hard time figuring Rollout out.
>>
>>24865571
Great, except that's not what the thread is about. It's about things that were hard at the time.
>>
>>24863388
Literally why the fuck is that thing such a monster?

I demand research.
>>
>>24866406
>>STILL forcing this absolutely epic truth

fixt
>>
>>24856623
Cynthia probably but that was like nine years ago
>>
That guy from gen 5 with the gay hair.
>>
>>24868639
They all have gay hair
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.