[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Films
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
Which Pokémon movie is the worst and/or your least favorite?
>>
every unova movie sucked
>>
They all suck because ash
>>
>>24855779
Pokemon 2000 and Darkrai movie, most of Pikachu shorts were better than the movies.
>inb4 forgetting abourt Lucario movie
Fuck off furfag, that movie was shit you only like it because Lucario cried and you faggots imaginated lewd things
>>
The Zoroark film, the Victini film(s) and the Lucario film are the bottom of the barrel 3.
>>
I only watched the first 5 movies, and the mastermind of mirage one, and I think the first one I watched and hated was the 4th one. I`m a Johtofag but that movie sucked and the Latios and Latias shit was just awful. I remember renting the movie from blockbuster, good old days
>>
>>24855779
I forgot most of the movies but I don't like the Kyurem one.
>>
it's easier to narrow down which movies DIDN'T suck
>>
>>24855779
None of them.
I don't dislike, any of them.
>>
File: 1448263588105.jpg (73 KB, 556x636) Image search: [Google]
1448263588105.jpg
73 KB, 556x636
>>24855793

The duo black/white victini movie was alright. Only movie for 5th gen that's agreeable of being completely bad is Kyurem and the sword of justice. It was straight up bad and total waste of potential for a pokemon movie.
>>
>>24855779
The Genesect movie is pretty bad
>>
>>24855779
The 3rd one with Entei. Even as a kid, I never really liked that movie. Thought it was stupid. Entei wanted to fuck that little 5yo girl or whatever. I blame it for why I never liked Entei much until a few years ago when he grew on me.

>>24855802
>Darkrai movie
I thought that one was good. Then again, I haven't watched it since like 2009, so my opinion may not mean much unless I watch it again.
>>
>>24856220

Felt all movies during a gen transition aren't really meant to be too pleasing. They are usually used to hype something new in the incoming games like zoroark in the last gen 4 movie. They already used up most legendary plot material and genesect isn't too appealing be used as the only thing for a movie. They most likely used it to hype awakened mewtwo before they added the forme along with revealing mega evolution.
>>
>>24855779
Pretty much every one of them since the Zoroark one, though some DP ones sucked dick as well (Darkrai, Manaphy were just bad). Pokemon movies became as stale as the ashnime.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
I liked all the AG movies, but mainly just because May got to really shine during them. Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea was the best one though.
>>
The Manaphy one was absolute shit, because it was all about shilling the awful Ranger spinoff game by having an OC donut steel secret agent guy facing off against an even more out of place cartoony pirate, culminating in Ash randomly becoming a Super Saiyan and flying around in the sea at the end.
>>
>>24855798
But anon he's the best incarnation of Red.
>>
The First Movie is far and away the worst. Entei was pretty shit too. Fucker wasn't even a real Entei and it was just Charizard wank.
>>
File: image.png (172 KB, 230x314) Image search: [Google]
image.png
172 KB, 230x314
I don't watch enough of them to know which are the worst but I do know this one is the best. Hands down.
>>
>>24856359
Fuck off. Pokemon 3 was the only one with an actually decent plot and characters. I can overlook Charizard wank for that.
>>
>>24855779
Only ever saw the first 3. 1 is the best, and 2 wasn't as intimate as either 1 or 3, so it's my least favorite.
>>
>>24856363

This movie showed me Rayquaza is not known to fuck around. It's not about fainting your opponent. It was straight up go for the kill when battling with an unknown possible threat. Makes that clear starting at the beginning of the movie.
>>
> Best
3/8

> Worst
Max: The Movie
>>
File: 1426630382626.png (105 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1426630382626.png
105 KB, 720x720
>>24856737

>Max: the movie.

Accurate title. Also fuck slimedon. Being a kid and fan of Ruby version, I was hoping on seeing the actual Groudon in action sometime during the movie. Felt sorta let down at the end even though his clone was borderline alright in the end.
>>
The one where Keldeo was the main character. It was absolute crap.
>>
>>24855779
Celebi movie. Partly for the movie being full of homo-erotic shota, but mostly because of what it did to the Johto saga. Because if the movie, the GS Ball plot was shelved and never brought back.

Arceus movie was pretty shit too.
>>
>>24856363
>>24856393
Most Johto and AG movies were pretty great. 5 and 7 are probably my favorite.
>>
I'm okay with most of the movies but few of those either lacked something or were just awful:
Found the Entei movie pretty boring except for Unown, Jirachi movie was disappointing too.
Then Gen V started the whole 60m length movies trend and shitty plotting, literally just Pokemon anine soecial episodes rather than movies. Zoroark one is still forgettable, Victini double movie was plain boring to me, Keldeo's was total trash, seriously. Genesect movie itself was basically reusing the 1st movie plot, crying loli Genesect (also annoying bug noises during the whole film) and female Mewtwo were a letdown, at least they brought good events for the games, hit or miss movie, but I kinda liked it for those wild Persian and Houndoom and that top tier husbando material (since the Manaphy movie and Jack Walker) that was Eric.
But wait! Then comes the sixth gen and that fucking useless Diancie garbage movie that was basically an average girlish version episode of the Pokemon anime, barely no focus on the Yveltal's threat or action in general, the Kalos starters thieves were like another desperate and goofy Team Rocket.
Hoopa's movies was pretty an overhyped ebin legendary death match xD aimed for the same Lucario movie fandom (at least the Lucario movie used the best legendaries and comfy ambientations). I'm curious about the Volcanion movie with Zygarde but now that Zygarde has those shitty forms compared to Zygarde 50% I had to lower my expectations.
>>
>>24855808
How was Lucario even remotely that bad?

Granted, it's the last time the English dub was good, so that helps in it being one of the better films to me.
>>
>>24855779
They all suck because I'm not a fucking child and the ones I did see as a child also sucked
>>
>this Darkrai hate
That's one of the top tier movies

Celebi movie is the worst for being so boring
>>
The Diancie movie
booooring. Diancie was a cutie but there were no interesting battles. I wanted to see xerneas and yveltal fight but noooo
>>
>Least Favorite
4; 7; 13

>Favorite
3; 5; 10

I still haven't watched kyurem movie and what came out after
>>
>>24855802
So you're saying that the Lucario film is bad, but not as bad as 2000 and the Darkrai film?
>>
>>24855779
Keldeo
>>
I've watched all of them up through the Arceus one and I remember liking 2000, Deoxys, and Darkrai. As for my least favorite, honestly besides those three they were all pretty unmemorable so it's hard to say which ones I disliked because they all blend together.
>>
>>24857346
>I still haven't watched kyurem movie
just watch it in fast forward, if you want to see it that is.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.