[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RBY 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 14
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/classic-pokemon-games-return-on-the-nintendo-3ds-system/
>Get ready to play the original Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow games! Next year, return to where Pokémon began with three classic games!
>On February 27, 2016, Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow will be relaunched for systems in the Nintendo 3DS family.
>The games remain true to the originals—complete with monochromatic pixel art and 4-bit background music—so you can feel as though you're experiencing these games just as they were back then!

Rev up those nostalgia/genwar thread.
>>
>monochromatic
>just as they were back then!

b-but i played it on the GBC
>>
>N-n-next month they'll announce Z!
>G-g-gamefreak doesn't care about n-n-nostalgia!!
Can't wait for more /vp/ delusions
>>
who /best route music/ here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLcJois9yTs
>>
>>24854799
Gameboy games on the virtual console have the option to use Super Game Boy color schemes, I believe.
>>
I think they should fix SOME mechanics, at least. One being the Focus Energy thing, Hyper Beam, the leech seed/toxic. Some things that should have not even been intentional, such as obtaining Mew or any Pokemon (or doing anything else in the game) via teleporting away when a trainer notices you.
>>
>>24854785
>>24854955
I just want some damn running shoes. Fine with everything else.
>>
>>24854955
I do expect some of the more major glitches to get patched, because of just how badly you can fuck up the game with some of them. There's no way in hell that someone wouldn't find a security exploit with the code re-writing glitch, in particular.
>>
POST YFW MISSINGNO BECOMES REAL AGAIN
>>
id love to be able to trade from the old game over to the new games somehow. id love to have a team and use it through all the games
>>
>>24854895

They don't. Your choices are grayscale or greenscale.

Yellow had full color support in battles. If it really is restricted to B&W, you may as well get a flashcart that can play gameboy games.

>>24854998

You can't mess with the 3DS or the emulator running the games through glitches. You can permanently wreck your copy of the game, though.
>>
>>24855035
>You can permanently wreck your copy of the game, though.
Couldn't you just delete the game and redownload it?
>>
>>24855049

Yes.

I don't think Nintendo is going to bother patching anything. Any bug that they fix could introduce more serious bugs, even small stuff like fixing the Cinnabar tiles.
>>
which one do you think youll buy?
im gonna relive blue, bulbasaur starter
>>
File: image.png (498 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
498 KB, 1242x2208
I don't understand why anyone would buy this.

Pic related.
>>
>why are the battles so slow?
>why doesn't the game tell you how moves work?
>why do I have to go to the menu to Cut or Surf?
>why can't I register items?
>why do my Pokemon learn so few moves?
>why are there so many Grass/Poison and Normal/Flying types?
>why are there so many Normal type moves?
>>
>>24854785
I'm ready. I already have my team planned and everything.
>>
>>24854955
Hyper Beam mechanic was cool it should have stayed that way.
>>
I'll only get it if I can do Surfing Pikachu in Yellow, but considering there's no way to get the N64 players in Mario Tennis GBC on VC, I doubt it.

If only Nintendo was as based as Capcom making it so you can get all the event and Network-required chips in the MMBN games on VC by just visiting the Network option.
>>
Lavender Town, here I come
>>
File: 1368018305867.jpg (89 KB, 695x715) Image search: [Google]
1368018305867.jpg
89 KB, 695x715
>>24855000
What if they remove it?
>>
>>24854850
That fucking reverb kills it.
>>
>>24855231
Unless they build the game from the ground up to get rid of all the glitches in the game, I don't think they'll be removing anything.
>>
>>24855029
>trading from Gen I and II all the way up to Gen V and VI

Don't make me cry.
>>
Why would I buy this, when I can already play them on my 3DS using homebrew? Seriously, playing the GB games without a fast forward button is fucking painful.
>>
>>24855381
get out!
>>
I could just play the original Red & Yellow on my GBC. I also own FireRed and LeafGreen.
>>
>>24855092
cause who the fuck uses touch screen to play emulators? its fucking stupid.
>>
>>24855416
ok have fun trading to herself :)
>>
>>24855426
yourself*
>>
>>24854785
So is there absolutely zero chance they'll integrate online trading and battling?
>>
File: top_0010.png (24 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
top_0010.png
24 KB, 400x240
>>24855413
Oh hey, how are you enjoying Pokemon Crystal on the 3DS?

Hm? What's that? You don't have it? Well, that's strange, because I do!

:^)
>>
>>24855000
Not to mention complete encounter manipulation using the teleport/fly and ditto trick. It's the only way to get trade evolutions these days. :/
>>
>>24855419
Touchscreens for any game that isn't 100% menu based is absolute garbage and the worst thing ever. I tried to play the android port of the original Final Fantasy back when the FF Portal app offered it for free. I've played various versions of that game to completion across various platforms, but for the android version I couldn't even reach Garland because the controls were crap.
>>
>>24855413
how
>>
>>24855426

Congratulations...you played yourself.
>>
Really hope that Stadium is released on the WiiU with 3DS "Transfer Pak" support, it's pretty much Gen 1's postgame
>>
>>24855419
Because it's literally EXACTLY like a Gameboy except the buttons don't push in when you tap them. It doesn't play like a touchscreen game at all, you're just an idiot who's never tried it.
>>
>>24854809
Nobody honestly thinks Gamefreak doesn't care about nostalgia, every company does. But it's not a delusion to think they are going to announce a new main game for the 20th anniversary.
>>
>>24855900
nah mate, lack of tactile feedback means it's shit for anything other than menu based games like pokemon.
>>
File: VC Team plan.jpg (42 KB, 344x323) Image search: [Google]
VC Team plan.jpg
42 KB, 344x323
Getting Yellow, and two other people I know are getting red and blue. We're also all choosing a different starter and entirely different teams to keep it kinda fun/neat. Got mine all planned out
>>
>>24855935
It vibrates when you press the buttons. That's tactile.
>>
I naturally will be getting Blue and exploiting the Mew glitch to complete my Pokedex.
>>
>>24855975
that's not the same as having proper physical buttons. seriously, playing anything that needs quick reactions is hell on with virtual buttons.
>>
>>24855966
so you pretty much went with "OU the team"
>>
File: 416CNLUJCyL._SX385_.jpg (13 KB, 385x209) Image search: [Google]
416CNLUJCyL._SX385_.jpg
13 KB, 385x209
>>24855975
That's not really tactile at all, take a look at this Super Nintendo controller for example. Notice that the buttons are raised above the rest of the controller, you can feel where your fingers are on the controller relative to the buttons without looking at it. The buttons on a phone emulator aren't tactile, there's no difference in feel between individual parts of the screen and without looking at the buttons you don't know where your fingers are on the controller.

tl;dr, you can feel the buttons on a controller purely by touch but you can't do the same for a touchscreen phone emulator
>>
>>24855966
how are you going to get two Earthquake TM and two Swords Dance TM?
>>
>>24856059
missingno glitch probably
>>
>>24856060
Ho... cheater!
>>
>>24854785
I'm hype,
I'll get Blue since I already own and recently played Yellow, I think the addition of trading and battling is going to make this huge, I know a few of my friends are already planning to fill up the pokedex all over again, I might too.

I'm also planning on re watching season 1 of the anime as it gets closer to the 27th to complete the nostalgia experience (The dvd for the entire Indigo league was only $30 on amazon a few months ago, and like $40 now)

This + Go + Z = 2016 GOAT Pokemon year
>>
File: VEiEGGK.jpg (147 KB, 564x282) Image search: [Google]
VEiEGGK.jpg
147 KB, 564x282
> ported to virtual console instead of a remastered one
> not even FR/LG
>>
>>24856085
>Z
>2016

top jej m8
>>
>>24855226
>Capcom
>based
Pick one and leave

>>24856085
m8 indigo league and bw are on Netflix along with the genesect and bw movies
>>
>>24856127
It's the 20th anniversary, they'd be stupid not to have a mainline game near the holidays.
>>
>>24855226
> CAPCOM
> Based
Holy fuck nooooooooo

Pokemon is better off with Nintendo than that godawful company.
>>
Shame they can't at least give us SGB color pallet. They did it with Yellow 16 fucking years ago, why can't they do it for RB now?

Poor Japan though, not even getting Yellow in color.
>>
Do you think that they are going to release a new rby remake? I'll love it if
>>
>>24856181
>>Capcom
>>based
>Pick one and leave
Capcom and Konami switched places in the last year, kind of like EA and Activision did in 2009.

Konami is literally worse than Hitler now, Capcom is alright.
>>
>>24855966
Remove that Psychic haxor
>>
>>24856043
The entire top row is garbage, what are you talking about?
>>
>>24856264
Nah, this re-release basically cut any speculation
>>
>no online play
Literally what's the point? I can get this or the superior remakes on my phone and have million times better experience thanks to the speed up button.
>>
>>24856043
Um, I guess, just went with ones I liked that someone else wasn't using already. I'd swap some but most of those are just the options left that I liked
>>24856060
>>24856059
Yeah
>>24856083
Not really, they eventually made it a permanent staple for a reason
>>24856272
But Alakazam is rad
>>24856274
Actually Victreebel is decent and Lapras is really good. I'll give you Charizard but he's my favorite so I'd feel weird not using him
>>
>>24855966
Good luck catching that chansey senpai
>>
>>24856325
Shouldn't be too hard since you can save in the Safari Zone which shouldn't change
>>
>>24855966
>Flamethrower
>Not Gen 1 Fire Spin
>Not locking your opponent in a damage loop for 5 agonizing turns
Step up your game, sempai
>>
>>24856181
I'd rather have a physical version,
Netflix has a bad track record with suddenly removing my favorite shows
>>
What the fuck is the point of ever playing gen 1 and 2 again? The lack of connectivity means your bros are trapped forever in the past. Can't handle it.
>>
>>24854955
This.
The sad thing is, they're willing to change SOME things, like multiplayer working via local wireless.
Would it really have killed them to throw in some bugfixes? (cough cough Lick being SE against Psychic)

And this is asking too much of Game Freak, but a fucking online mode and some Bank compatibility would've made this a day 1 buy for me.
>>
>>24856452
well, at least you can trade them between versions and they wouldn't be on physical carts with worn-out batteries.
>>
>>24856493
>inb4 what about the iv and ev system being different?

as long as you got a pokemon of the same species at the same level with the same moves, no one cares. assign random ivs and 0 evs.
>>
>>24856431
That only works on faster Pokemon usually, it's a waste of a move on something like Charizard
>>
>>24855527
Woah wait a minute. I made that Crystal border. Where did you get that? What emulator are you using it with?
>>
>>24854785
>monochrome
yeah I ain't buying this
I liked the red or blue tints it had on the gbc
>>
>Chansey can only beat opposing Chansey with Ice Beam's freeze chance; the same applies to special attackers such as Starmie and Jynx. Because paralysis grants immunity to freeze, a common strategy consists of not paralyzing Chansey and fishing for the freeze instead. However, this is risky as, if a freeze war occurs, both players will have a 50% chance of scoring the freeze, and the user of the frozen Chansey will be significantly handicapped for the rest of the battle.

>Slash is the main attack you will be using. Hyper Beam is for when you need something a tad stronger or are trying to get a critical hit using Persian's Speed. Bubble Beam is to deal with Rhydon and Golem.

>Dragonite is the best Wrap user in RBY because it, unlike any other RBY Wrapper, also has access to Agility to make it faster than any other Pokemon in the game. If Dragonite gets lucky and hits all of its Wraps, it can totally sweep a team without the opponent even being able to move. This sounds broken, and indeed, some RBY players play with bans on Wrap and all other moves like it (Bind, Clamp, Fire Spin) because of their potential. However, Dragonite might always miss a Wrap or two, leaving it vulnerable to getting paralyzed or shellacked by an Ice-type move.

Nice metagame.
>>
File: preview.png (1 MB, 1279x648) Image search: [Google]
preview.png
1 MB, 1279x648
I'm gonna buy at least one of these if only to support bringing GSC to VC.

I still play and enjoy my original copies of RBY and I'll continue to use the originals for Stadium, but there's no reliable method of playing GSC with proper RTC functionality. Nothing aside from PC emulation, anyway, which I really don't care for. I want them handheld, and I don't want to use some shitty mobile phone emulator. GSC with RTC and link support are the only games I've ever wanted on VC.

Would be really great if they brought Stadium 2 back with them, but knowing Nintendo, that's never going to happen. I'll sacrifice Stadium 2 for not having to install a new battery every four years when I want to play the games again.
>>
Innovation is truly dead in Pokemon.
>>
>>24856626
What's RTC?
>>
>>24856650
Real-Time Clock
>>
>>24856249
>implying the nips won't pull a Kingdom Hearts and bitch about this until they receive a full hd remake with Battle Frontier, Game Corner, and Stadium 1 remake as Pokemon Gen 1.5 Final Mix+
>>
>>24854785
All that godlike music in just 4 bits?
>>
>>24856619
As opposed to
>smogonbird
>smogonsword
>smogonwash
>genies
>megamom
>stallfagging
>fairyspam
>>
>>24856607
Gameyob. Can't remember where I got the border from, though. I think I downloaded a pack of them from /v/ or something.
>>
>>24856325
Cinnabar Island glitch will let you fight Safari Zone Pokémon in normal battles
>>
File: VC Blue Team.png (13 KB, 523x283) Image search: [Google]
VC Blue Team.png
13 KB, 523x283
>>24855966
We /postyourteam/ now?
>>
>>24857847

Gameyob supports fast forward? I've never been able to find it.
>>
>>24854993
The regular walking speed in the original isn't too terrible. It's somewhere between the modern walk/run speeds.
>>
I really hope it's possible to transfer the pokemon from this to the Gen 6 games.
>>
>my Pokemon Blue was German version
>I didn't got past Vermillion
This is why I play FR
>>
>>24856127
>>24856183
it'll be Z or a Gen VII game; I'm banking on Gen7 myself, but this isn't the thread for that.
suffice to say there WILL be a new mainline game next year.
>>24855029
>>24855365
Gen III to Gen VI is pretty impressive though, think about it.
you could be using a starter from 2003 RIGHT NOW
shit, i've got viable useable pokemon older than a big portion of the current fanbase.
>>24855092
that looks like trash
>>
>>24855226
>gamefreak
>#1 real thought or effot
>#2 eternal laziness
you get to pick one, and #1 isn't an option

>>24858726
>>24857847
>>24855527
we have GBC emulators for 3DS?
fuck
I'm out of the loop
link me to the flashcart I need to buy /vp/
>>
>>24861741
>>buying censored games
Has Pokemon not been censored since the moment it came overseas? Take a particular line that a restaurant owner called Moe says to Misty in the ashnime, for example.
>Original: "You'll be fun in eight years"
>English dub: "You remind me of my granddaughter"
>>
>>24858726
It's one of the options under Button Mapping.
>>
All those who are planning to use Missingno:

Even if Nintendo were to not fix the glitch, if they add even just an option for Internet stuff in the Pokemon Center, everything in the Missingno glitch will misalign, the sprite will decompress differently and thus you won't necessarily get your items duplicated and instead crash or something.
>>
>>24854785

I will get Yellow, but they can fuck off with Red and Blue, should release Fire Red and Leaf Green instead
>>
>>24855966

But where is your Pikachu?
>>
>>24857944
>Mega Drain on Venusaur
It has 60 Power (including STAB) and only 10 PP. you're better off just giving it a Status move, like Sleep Powder or Leech Seed.

>Tri Attack on Cloyster, Quick Attack on Raichu and Ninetales
They all have subpar Attack and good Special. Just give them moves of their own Type. Trapping moves like Clamp and Fire Spin are broken in this game. Use those instead.
>>
>>24862231
I'll use him til I can get better mons but not worth keeping around once I can get my actual team together
>>24862367
Not him but you're off on a few things. Mega Drain is actually 40 BP. Cloyster your right about with Tri Attack, though it's attack is higher than it's special (though it has two good stabs with its main special moves), and works with something like Explosion. Quick Attack is trash BUT Clamp and Fire Spin aren't both great moves like they seem to be since if you aren't faster than your opponent it sucks. With Cloyster it can work cuz it has potential to do well with one round of it but thats it
>>24857944
Swap some moves out and that's a good team:
Get rid of Mega Drain, Cut, and maybe Double Edge for Sleep Powder, Growth or Swords Dance, and Body Slam.
Ditch Mega Kick on Wigglituff for something like Hyper Beam or Thunder Wave.
Raichu you should give up Mega Punch for Body Slam and Quick Attack for Thunder Wave.
Give up Quick Attack on Ninetales, add Confuse Ray.
Only change for Cloyster I'd say is make Ice Beam Blizzard since Blizzard is 90% accurate back then, and ditch Tri Attack for Clamp or Hyper Beam
Add a sixth Pokemon, probably some Psychic or Ground type
>>
File: 1446204004124.jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1446204004124.jpg
43 KB, 300x300
>release R/B/Y on virtual console
>there is literally NO REASON why they can't reprogram the games so that you can trade it to Gen VI
>nope.jpg, enjoy buying R/B/Y on console for $10
>>
>>24862501
I said M Drain is 40 x 1.5 = 60 BP with STAB on Venusaur.

Fire Spin on Ninetales is viable since it has relatively good Speed. Clamp on Cloyster is still debatable, but it can still work for some of the things you'll be fighting against with him, and for multiplayer, opponents that switch out.
>>
>>24862555
Oh missed that with Mega Drain, you're right then, though either way still no good if you have Razor Leaf. Fire Spin could work, but the damage isn't great and the coverage is decent but not great. Factor in a miss and leaves you open. Clamp works since it's BP is higher than Wrap or Fire Spin and then add stab and thats a better move than Surf for the most part
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 480x480
>>24859832
>>24862552
This hasn't strictly been disproven yet, right?

There's a small chance we'll be able to trade these into main games, r-right?
>>
File: leaf face.png (87 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
leaf face.png
87 KB, 600x390
>>24862602

But with what purpose? They will have weird movesets from Gen 1 and literally nothing specially compared to any gen 6 breeded mon.

If it is possible at all.
>>
>>24862367
>>24862501
Are you guys fucking serious? That's an in-game team. You're basically expecting me to go full Smogon when I'm replaying a Gen I game. I can't believe this shit.

>It has 60 Power (including STAB)
Sure it does, but it's good for recovering the HP lost from Double-Edge. Besides, it's still going to OHKO all Graveler and Onix in your way.
>you're better off just giving it a Status move, like Sleep Powder or Leech Seed.
What's the point of Leech Seed in-game? I'm not going to be stalling against anyone. Sleep Powder is the only thing I agree with since it could help with catching Mons. I guess I'll have to catch Mew as my HM slave so I can teach it Cut and Fly, assuming that the Mew glitch still works.
>They all have subpar Attack and good Special
Cloyster's Attack is actually higher than its SpA. Also, Quick Attack is useful sometimes for finishing off weakened enemies when you don't want to waste PP from your more powerful moves. Besides, it's not like they learn much else that is of any use.
>Trapping moves like Clamp and Fire Spin are broken in this game
Not with that accuracy, and they make battles tedious as hell. I'll just stick to Surf and Flamethrower, thanks.
>Growth or Swords Dance
Both useless in-game.
>add Confuse Ray
Why? I sure love confuse haxing all those Team Rocket Pokemon to death.
>Add a sixth Pokemon
I will, but it's going to be for HMs only because training a full team of six is tedious and I only end up having my entire team underleveled.

Also, I'm not going to wait until Cinnabar Island so I can teach Body Slam to three of my team members, I'm just going to play the game. "Thanks for the advice", but not everything has to be hyper-competitive and approved by Smogon.
>>
>>24862620
Eh, different strokes. I made a team for post game for when I play against my friends, and we all use good moves. Btw, Growth is good in game, buffs your special stat, it's calm mind on steroids and is great on Venusaur, at least more useful than Cut. Adding a sixth and being underleveled kinda ups the challenge factor of the game
>>
>>24862606
to take the same team through 6 generations of course

or even
>beat R/B/Y with a single mon
>transfer to g/s/c, pick up one more
>rinse and repeat adding one mon per gen
>>
>>24862552
>fissure Machamp
>>
>>24862643
Doesn't work with No Guard though
>>
>>24862634
>it's calm mind on steroids
It's just a regular Calm Mind since it raises Special stat by one stage, and it's actually complete shit on Venusaur because in Gen I critical hits ignored ALL of your stat changes, even the positive ones, so using Razor Leaf with Growth is useless since RL crits almost every single time.
>>
>>24862650
Oh, forgot it was one stage. Still useful since you're exaggerating how often you get a critical + it buffs your special defense. Still better than Mega Drain or Cut. Also I mainly was recommending Swords Dance, which is really good with Double Edge or Body Slam since it's attack is only 82
>>
>>24862659
>Still useful since you're exaggerating how often you get a critical
At least do some research before you start acting like you know something. The Gen I crit mechanics are broken, and if a move has increased critical hit ratio, it lands a critical hit practically every single time. I'm not joking. The reason why Persian was so popular in the RBY metagame was because it had something like a 99,6% chance of landing a critical hit with Slash. You never EVER use increased crit ratio moves with boosting moves in Gen I because you're just wasting your time. Even though the chance for crit is higher for faster Pokemon, this rule still applies even to slow Pokemon such as Parasect, which has the possibility to run Swords Dance and Slash but that's pointless. Even Smogon tells you that:
>Swords Dance is not recommended with Slash because in RBY, critical hits ignore all of the attacker's boosts, making Swords Dance a waste of time
>>
>>24862672
Yeah, practically with some Pokemon. Persian is faster than Venusaur, that's why it crits more, so yeah, it won't gain the Growth boost 3 out of 4 times maybe, but it still adds a bit of buff to the few that don't AND gains some special defense, which isn't great but isn't terrible. Also I primarily said Swords Dance on Venusaur, to buff it's meh attack stat, so stop bringing up the growth thing yet saying you're gonna run Cut, a move that is even more shit than any other move mentioned so far
>>
>>24854785
FUCK YEA
>>
>>24862681
>it won't gain the Growth boost 3 out of 4 times maybe
Try using a Venusaur in-game before saying something like this. Razor Leaf literally crits like 9 times out of 10. Defense buffs are pretty much useless in-game too.
>Also I primarily said Swords Dance on Venusaur
You said "Sleep Powder, Growth or Swords Dance" and then started acting like Growth is a good choice with Razor Leaf in Gen I even though you clearly aren't familiar with the game mechanics.
>yet saying you're gonna run Cut
That's not set in stone, but at least Cut has some use in-game. There are hardly any battles in Gen I where it's necessary to start buffing your offensive stats, so I'll probably just go with Sleep Powder and catch Mew for HMs.
>>
>>24862710
My first game was Yellow, stop getting all pissy cuz your team was called out as shit dude. 9 out of 10 is literally only one more than 4 out of 5, I get it, it gets Crits ALMOST everytime. Cut is useless aside a few occasions, most of which are before you need or can use Fly anyway. I admit Growth isn't great, but it's still a better option than Cut, that was the main move I was recommending it replace, and even then it was either Growth OR Swords Dance. Note I'm using Victreebel with Swords Dance and not Growth, I do agree that Growth is a tad redundant with Razor Leaf but so is Cut with any other normal move you could run and apparently already are
tl;dr Cut isn't better than Growth. Just don't use either and use Swords Dance or Sleep Powder I guess
>>
>>24862606
>not clearing gen VI games using gen I moveset
>>
>>24854955

Stop it anon, you're triggering the GF employees who'd have to actually work to make money
>>
>>24862647
Sheer Cold works with No Guard so I assume Fissure would as well. I obtained a Jolly Scarfed Machamp called No Brakes from a giveaway here that has No Guard and OHKO moves to put the Maison in its place and what do you know after 40ish wins everything suddenly has Sturdy
>>
File: casino.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
casino.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
So they are not changing anything, right?
>>
I started with RBY when I was 6 but I just do not understand the appeal of this. I guess that's part of why they announced it so far ahead of time, to build hype? If they somehow extended it to be compatible with Bank, I could see the value.

Though I almost want to say, unless they reannounce this in the February direct, they would have probably gotten more sales keeping it as a surprise. I suppose they were hedging on whether it would stew interest in the franchise going into the holidays.
>>
>>24862552
In gen 1, Pokémon used to have an IV range of 0 to 15 and every stat can have the maximum of 255 EVs. Those mechanics would not be compatible with Gen6. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>24867764
yeah, even the PAL release will retain the game corner in exchange for bumping up the age rating to PEGI 12
>>
>>24861791
>that looks like trash

It will literally look exactly like that on the 3DS. If you don't like the gameboy park of the emulator you can customize it 100% to your liking. You're an idiot who wants to spend money on a rom.
>>
>monochrome
>le epic jynx recolor
>0 new features or fixes

What's the point?
>>
>>24869080
it's an official version of the game that can actually hold your save indefinitely
>>
Monochromatic = We are lazy
>>
I feel like this is relevant
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ILhyYIjArYLimeWEUJvSa0BsCnB5k706MWN2Pa7fA9c/edit#
>>
>>24869121
>that can actually hold your save indefinitely
My save on Blue is still intact today, and unlike these versions I can link up with Stadium or play it on a Super Game Boy if I feel like it.
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.