[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I play through both BW and BW2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11
File: 1421515341825.jpg (34 KB, 390x350) Image search: [Google]
1421515341825.jpg
34 KB, 390x350
Should I play through both BW and BW2?
>>
>>24853355
Yes, you'll enjoy it.
>>
BW2 was one of the best installments of the series, every Pokémon fan should play it.
BW is noticeably less impressive; however, playing this first will make the experience with BW2 greater. I'd say play it too if youve got the time.
>>
>>24853355
Best ds pokemon games are H.G S.S and BW2
>>
>>24853355
No, both are shit games that drove many Pokemon fans away from the series.
>>
File: 1438052904063.jpg (131 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1438052904063.jpg
131 KB, 1024x768
>>24853499
>>
>>24853355
No, they're terrible.
>>
>>24853355
Sure. BW helps to understand and enjoy more BW2, which is seen as one of the best games of the mainline franchise.
>>
>>24853355

Yes. But BW2 is disappointing coming off of BW1
>>
File: J U S T P L A Y T H E G A M E.png (200 KB, 1100x475) Image search: [Google]
J U S T P L A Y T H E G A M E.png
200 KB, 1100x475
>>
BW was an okay game. It introduced an entire 151 pokemon to the world, as well as new moves, new mechanics, new story, new events, etc.

Personally, I think BW2 is a better game, however, it still is lackluster to the rest of the series. If BW and BW2 were in 3D like XY were, people would like it a lot more because it would have been the big step up, hence why people like XY more than BW.
>>
OP here, started BW and it's been literally an hour of dialogue and cutscenes. when can i just play the fucking game?
>>
>>24853355
Absolutely. Don't let the haters dissuade you.
>>
>>24853734
How about you keep playing and find out yourself? The beginning of Pokemon games are always slow.
>>
>>24853734
i warned you about gen 5 fampai

Expect excessive dialogue nearly every time you reach a new route or town.
>>
>>24853499
>am i cool yet?

>>24853734
Bear with it, faggot. This game has an actual plot and character development. Early game has a lot of fucking talking, but that's just because it's the protagonists and his friends' first steps.

The roadblocks are undeniably at their worst in BW, but there's plenty of good about it. Are you playing Black or White?
>>
>>24853775
Whoops. Missed a faggot. >>24853620
>>
BW2 are polarizing games, though I don't really understand why.

>It has the biggest region, like, it added an area larger than Johto to Unova, and has the most cities of any game.
>It had the Unova challenge, which was a giant tower with interesting mechanics
>It had Join Avenue, which could practically be a game of it's own where you build, manage, and upgrade shops and the avenue
>It had the Pokémon world tournament
>Funfest missions gave you a surprisingly good co-op mode, and the missions themselves were fun solo as well.
>It had the most little minigame NPCs
>It is the only Pokémon game with secret areas with hidden ability Pokémon
>It had a difficulty setting
>Launcher battles were the best battle mode ever, and I'm sad they're gone. They were multiplayer battles where you could use items by saving up points each turn

I'm sure I'm missing a few things, but I thought that those were the best Pokémon games ever.
>>
>>24853834
It might be because it was more of the same. People don't realize BW doesn't need to be a standard for Pokemon games. It had a great story with meaning to people who see them as more than just data and were wonderful while they lasted, but there's inherent flaws with having the entire game centered around it and BW2 with emphasis on adventure and much more to the region in general are without question objectively better games as a whole.

BW is good in its own right, but its storyelling charm only lasts until that glorious finale. Afterwards, there's nothing else to do but explore the remaining 3 areas closed off until the postgame. Having something great and timesinking like Pokeathalon, especially in a game focusing heavily on the bonds between humans and Pokemon and more to the region in general could have been the difference between good and great.
>>
should I even bother with BW2 or XY now or just wait for Z or Gen VII to rear their ugly heads
I have omega ruby cause I heard XY wasn't as good
>>
>>24854112
XY is better than ORAS though
>>
>>24854123
the last gen I played was IV but I liked III a lot more so I got ORAS for nostalgia
it didn't disappoint but some of the changes pissed me off (no game corner is an obvious one)

I still enjoy it though as a way for me to catch up with the franchise, I'm just wondering if the other games would be a decent purchase or if it's a bit to late to start now
>>
>>24854123
It's not though.
>>
File: EirinAUd.png (173 KB, 322x359) Image search: [Google]
EirinAUd.png
173 KB, 322x359
>>24853355
Instead of waste your time playing these useless games and going online,
you should do something more productive, princess.
>>
>>24854123
ORAS added a few neat things and rounded off the RSE experience quite nicely imo, but yeah XY was probably the better game
>>
>>24853734
If you don't like them don't force yourself to.
I personally think they're great games but of course it's not for everyone.
Since it focuses more on storyline and characters, people who are more used to their "own adventure" kind of thing will most probably dislike it.
It just depends on your own taste.
>>
File: 97.jpg (151 KB, 676x851) Image search: [Google]
97.jpg
151 KB, 676x851
>>24853355
They're both good. They have flaws but I can't think of a single Pokémon game that doesn't, and I think Gen 5 is the second best gen, after Gen 4.

Play BW1 first, obviously, and if you're emulating or have an action replay unlock hard mode in BW2 to play it with that the first time, since you can't get it until postgame unless you have a friend with Black 2.
>>
>>24854301
>roleplaying

as expected of the touhoushits plaguing us as of late ever since /v/ regurgitated you
>>
>>24853355
I wouldn't bother
>>
File: 84.png (172 KB, 478x270) Image search: [Google]
84.png
172 KB, 478x270
>>24856399
Also caught up with the thread, and yeah, the abundance of cutscenes and handholding at the start of both BW1 and BW2 are one of its flaws, though it stops after a couple Gyms in each game. Better than Gen 6 which never stops, at least.
>>
>>24853355
Play both, but, at least for the first one, don't expect exactly what you would expect from a "generic" Pokémon game, since they actually try to do some stuff in a different way. Particularly, try to ignore how battles look, they're kind of bad.
Also while playing BW you'll never end up in a city that connects to 3 other places and make you wonder "oooh! where will i go now???" and they'll never make you go back, so don't expect that. Expect not actually needing HMs much instead and explore every route at its fullest when you get to it.
>>
>>24853834
God, I miss this W2. It's what got me back into pokemon. There were so many things you could do.
>>
Looking to get either Y or AS this Christmas, not sure which though.
I was thinking AS simply because by the time I get bored with it, Z will have been announced.

Which should I get?
>>
>>24856956
I'd personally wait for Z or whatever because XY is definitely DP 2.0 and the only thing that's going to save Gen VI is exactly Platinum meets BW2.

At the same time, there's absolutely no reason to but ORAS aside from fancy new forms.
>>
>>24853834
>>It is the only Pokémon game with secret areas with hidden ability Pokémon

What about the Friend Safari?

And I don't really understand why Launcher Battles were removed since they have all the exclusive items for it coded in Gen 6 if I remember correctly.
>>
>>24856956
AS is just the better game, besides, you'd rather go blind into the new region in the new game that (hopefully) fixes all the issues XY had.
>>
File: std-poke_32_25709.png (9 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
std-poke_32_25709.png
9 KB, 256x384
OP here, rate my team :^)
>>
File: std-poke_08_26806.png (10 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
std-poke_08_26806.png
10 KB, 256x384
>>24858866

but really, i'm not sure what to put on my team. suggestions?
>>
>>24858892
personally, I loved sewaddle. It's typing is absolute shit, but he has decent offense, speed, and a movepool to use them
>>
>>24858866
>>24858892
Just a question as I am a little new to DS emulation. Is your emulator running at 60fps or is the game lagging for you?
>>
>>24858997

Not lagging at all. Somehow it's actually running better than Platinum.

I'm using desmume 0.9.7. I've had trouble with the newer versions, but this one is perfect.
>>
>>24859009
Oh okay. I'm using no$gba and it is super slow. Runs at about 30fps, sometimes even less. I tried getting desmume to work but it couldn't run apparently because I was missing some .dll program.
>>
>>24858393
You could get hidden ability Pokemon using it, but that wasn't a secret area... It was actually pretty boring in comparison.
>>
>>24859058
>NO$GBA slow
Really? It's always been the exact opposite for me. Desmume going out of sync like nobody's business (Infuriating for music and audio). Then NO$GBA taking less than half the CPU usage of Desmume while running the ROM at full speed in nearly perfect sync.

Has this changed?
>>
File: Ha.png (104 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Ha.png
104 KB, 320x240
>>24856404
>being this salty
Dude, is not like /vp/ or /v/ don't do this shit sometimes, is like as /vp/ were blind for their own defects but love to judge the same things in others just because came from another board, stop being a cunt and relax more.
>>
>>24853734

How the fuck were you gullible enough to think BW/BW2 were worth playing?
>>
>>24862079
Sorry someone hurt your feelings in the other thread
>>
>>24858866
bretty good. besides the disgusting level gap, that is.
>>
>>24858866
Nigga, fix that level gap.

>>24862079
Because they're actually good games despite what a retarded shithole like /vp/ spews?
>>
File: std-poke_33_18471.png (9 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
std-poke_33_18471.png
9 KB, 256x384
>>24862131
>>24862302

most of them were filler

team now
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.