[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best villain in the series or nah?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
>raised N in isolation from people to use him as the figurehead of Plasma
>manipulates the region by appealing to peoples morals, all so he can dominate the region by being the only person in command of Pokemon
>pulls the strings from the shadows, only revealing himself at the end when N fails, and casts him aside like a broken tool
>actually puts up a fight. Filthy casuals get fucking trounced. It was hilarious watching one of my friends get wrecked by Hydreigon while spamming revives
>on that note, his bro/ace is the best pseudo-legendary yet (until the fairy type ruined everything. MEGA WHEN?), and is the only trainer to use one
>that theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kus8pXV99CY&ab_channel=thepsynergist
>>
IIRC he's the only villain to flat out attempt to murder you, too.
>>
>>24851562
so... the most realistic villain beside Giovanni?
>>
>>24851569
Giovanni is absolutely one of the better villains. Just a crime-boss out to make a profit. None of that "imma destroy the world using (legendary pokemon) and only YOU can stop me by befriending (legendary pokemon)" formula that's been done to death.
>>
>>24851562
Eh, one could argue that Cyrus and Lysandre did too, considering they were going to destroy the world in one way or another. Although Ghetsis was more direct with the whole "Kyurem, impale him with icicles!" thing.
>>
>>24851581
Yeah and thats why was messing with Mewtwo. Anon pls/ Giovanni is pathethic and his giving up is pure joke
>>
>>24851334
That's not Dakrai from PMD Explorers
>>
>>24851629
but he still has an antagonistic aura about him unlike maxie or archie
>>
>>24851629
>thats why was messing with Mewtwo
>Anon pls/
>pathethic
>his giving up is pure joke
>referring to Ashnime canon
>>
I want to fuck him
>>
>>24851729
just because archie and maxie were shit doesn't mean giovanni's good

>>24851739
why are you so triggered? giovanni is pathetic. look at fucking cyrus, ghetsis, n, even lysandre. they all have badass aces like weavile, hydreigon, reshiram/zekrom, and megados, while giovanni has a pitiful fucking unevolved rhyhorn, then is 'convinced' to step down and disband team rocket just because he lost a fight a couple times. it'd be like if your r/b/y rival or silver stopped fighting you halfway through your adventure.

and if giovanni wasn't screwing around with mewtwo, how do you explain pokemon mansion and giovanni going after the master ball? what else would he use it on?

>>24851581
except, if you remove the 'imma destroy the world using (legendary pokemon)' bit (which you may not be able to given the mewtwo subplot) then that basically sums up giovanni. it fits even more actually as the reason he just fucking quits is because of the bond you have with your pokemon lmao. cyrus is stuck in the distortion world, ghetsis is in jail, lysandre is killed or badly injured, but giovanni runs off crying lmao
>>
>>24851729

No shit they don't have antagonistic auras. They're the only ones not aiming to take over the world or intentionally kill people, and they see the error of their ways when the kill part almost happens. Archie even acts like a friendly rival.
>>
>>24851334
Great thread. Yeah, Ghetsis is god-tier villain. He's not the only Hydreigon user, though (Iris).
>>
>>24851334
You're forgetting

>dat full power Frustration
>>
>>24851334
Nah, Archie's the best.
>>
>>24851334
Giovanni>>>>Ghetsis
>>
>>24853284
Yeah that's true, but I was only referring to BW1 wherein you don't see one until the final battle with him.

In BW2 both Iris and Lance (PWT) use one.
>>
>>24853426
Hm, why do you think that?
>>
>>24851334
>or nah
somebody's keeping up that meme thing I did for like a week during the summer?
Aaaay
>>
>>24851334
Absolutely. Ghetsis was a puppeteering madman who used the romanticism of heroism to formulate a grand plan to rule everyone through their hearts. And you see for yourself later that the man is a true monster without any consideration for the lives of Pokemon or even fellow humans, looking at both of them as nothing but tools.

What happens when is first plan is foiled by a preteen who can actually feel compassion? He goes batshit crazy and decides to inflict unspeakable damage to nature itself in order to ruthlessly force everyone to accept him as absolute ruler.

Ghetsis was a villain who did not fuck around at all.

>>24853426
>Team Rocketfags

Dismiss. Stop shitting up Kanto and Johto.
>>
>>24853001
>how do you explain pokemon mansion
Has absolutely no connection to Giovanni, although Blaine and Dr Fuji have some part in it.
>going after the master ball? what else would he use it on?
Considering the entire purpose of Team Rocket is profiting from animal trafficking, I'd say their intent was to mass-produce the Master Ball to make their job of capturing rare pokemon that much easier

The Giovanni/Mewtwo connection only exists in the ashnime.
>>
>>24853294
>>24853294
Man, I hate that they nerfed his Hydreigon in BW2.
In BW it had perfect coverage and all of its attacks were special. In BW2 itsattacks were all physical and you could wall it with a steel type.
>>
>>24853001
>giovanni going after the master ball? what else would he use it on?
That Pikachu of the twerps of course!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.