[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Megas are a good mechanic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1415094924412.png (160 KB, 464x470) Image search: [Google]
1415094924412.png
160 KB, 464x470
>Megas are a good mechanic
>>
They changed the meta for the better and shook things up enough to make it interesting again.
>>
>>24847756
this
>>
>>24847743
Waste of time.
>>
You'rer moms of a good mechanic. xD
>>
>>24847756
>can't hold item, lowering variety
>fucked up mechanics (Trick, Knock Off)
>retarded power creep
>low variety (one member has to be one of these select few pokemon who can mega evolve)
Yeah, so much better and interesting.
>>
The idea is simple and good: make weak mons viable and add unique sets to the meta.

However, they fucked up by giving already good Pokémon megas and by making stupid shit like Parental Bond.
>>
>>24848011
You're a real cunt
>>
>>24848008

So she can fix cars?
>>
>>24848011
MODS
>>
>>24848011
>not using a random name to avoid filters
>>
>>24848018
>being this bad
git gud pls u pleb
>>
>>24848018
Yeah i agree on some of these points. Megas are kinda nice but i see pkmn that get megas that are weak ones that could use a regular evo or just new ability, or super powerful mons get megas when they really dont need one
>>
The only really shitty thing about Megas besides the obvious stuff like balance, is that they cap whatever pokemon is given the Mega.

Like, look at Audino. That thing has been useless as fuck since forever. Now it gets this shit Mega that really should have been a regular evolution. But it can now never progress because Mega Audino is its final form. It's stuck where it is, forever.
>>
>>24850446
I have to agree, the Duskull line gets the benefit of both an evo and its bulky second form getting eviolite, yet Banette gets a mediocre Mega that did nothing to fix its problem nor give it a niche, and it'll probably stay that way forever. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue, would suck if some real bros like Arbok or Ariados got some shit Mega.
>>
>>24848018
>can't hold item, lowering variety
Boohoo
>fucked up mechanics (Trick, Knock Off)
Added a way to play around previously unblockable mechanics*
>retarded power creep
Choice band isn't?
>low variety (one member has to be one of these select few pokemon who can mega evolve)
Don't need a mega. In fact no mega teams are quite viable.

It's only when they go full retard with shit like parental bond. And they could do that without megas too. see: Skymin
>>
>>24850324
>super powerful mons get megas when they really dont need one
Maybe it's to change how they're used. For example, Garchomp goes from a speedy physical sweeper to a bulky wallbreaker.
>>
>>24850446

It was stuck as vanilla Audino for forever until they introduced Mega evolutions. Be happy it got a (small) upgrade.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.